PDA

View Full Version : Longhorns on tv today?

King_LeYoeNidas
08-30-2008, 11:34 AM
I have Direct TV and refuse to pay $30 for this game. Does Time Warner have it or is DTV showing it for free on a channel I missed? What's the deal?

Old Tiger
08-30-2008, 11:35 AM
$30 is bullcrap to charge just to watch a game. Might as well take $100 up to Austin and buy a ticket

King_LeYoeNidas
08-30-2008, 11:37 AM
yup. I faked out TWC once last year by ordering it via remote and then called them saying I never did it and that it was probably my kid. It actually worked. With DTV though, I'd have to go online and do it so I don't think it'll work

LHMom
08-30-2008, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by Go Blue
$30 is bullcrap to charge just to watch a game. Might as well take $100 up to Austin and buy a ticket

But we all keep doing it so they keep charging it!! :)

GO HORNS

Old Tiger
08-30-2008, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by LHMom
But we all keep doing it so they keep charging it!! :)

GO HORNS i refuse to conform :D

Necks_Fan
08-30-2008, 12:00 PM
I'm not paying jack squat to watch the horns.... I'll just watch whoever they televise.

piratebg
08-30-2008, 12:01 PM
I thought about it but changed my mind. I'll chest get updates online.

JasperDog94
08-30-2008, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by King_LeYoeNidas
yup. I faked out TWC once last year by ordering it via remote and then called them saying I never did it and that it was probably my kid. It actually worked. With DTV though, I'd have to go online and do it so I don't think it'll work That's not called "faking out". That's called stealing.:dispntd: :dispntd: :dispntd:

IHStangFan
08-30-2008, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
I'm not paying jack squat to watch the horns.... I'll just watch whoever they televise. amen to that

ziggy29
08-31-2008, 08:22 AM
PPV killed my interest in boxing. I grew up in the 1970s, perhaps the "golden age" of heavyweight boxing -- Ali, Frazier, Foreman, Norton, Lyle et cetera -- all on free TV.

As soon as they moved all the decent bouts to PPV, I lost interest in it. I'm not sure it's a coincidence that the PPV age has resulted in sports fans following boxing a lot less than they used to.

One has to wonder if ultimately this will be the fate of other "big" events as well. The thing is, charging to watch UT play a squad like Florida Atlantic would have been like charging $40 to watch Larry Holmes "battle" Tex Cobb.

griff
08-31-2008, 09:18 AM
I'm with you 100%, Ziggy. I feel exactly the same way about boxing. Anyway, some of the best fights you'll ever see are the undercard bouts on ESPN...and it's still free.

I, too, will never conform to the $30 PPV fee for a college football game.

Phil C
08-31-2008, 11:17 AM
I'm a big Longhorn fan but I wasn't about to pay $30 for the game. I am glad I didn't after the way it turned out to be onesided even though I did listen to it on the radio and it was close for a while there.

Mcguirk
08-31-2008, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by ziggy29
PPV killed my interest in boxing. I grew up in the 1970s, perhaps the "golden age" of heavyweight boxing -- Ali, Frazier, Foreman, Norton, Lyle et cetera -- all on free TV.

As soon as they moved all the decent bouts to PPV, I lost interest in it. I'm not sure it's a coincidence that the PPV age has resulted in sports fans following boxing a lot less than they used to.

One has to wonder if ultimately this will be the fate of other "big" events as well. The thing is, charging to watch UT play a squad like Florida Atlantic would have been like charging $40 to watch Larry Holmes "battle" Tex Cobb.

Holmes never could knock Cobb out, and I think if they would have continued the fight in the alley, Cobb would have won.
After the Holmes-Cobb match I think Howard Cosell quit announcing boxing events out of disgust. That outcome alone would have been worth $40.:D

Bull's-eye
08-31-2008, 03:49 PM
I watched the game at Sam's Boat in Sugar Land. They usually show all the Longhorn games, even the PPV. Good food, cold beer and attractive waitresses wearing cropped football shirts, can't get much better. :2thumbsup

STANG RED
09-01-2008, 01:00 AM
Originally posted by Mcguirk
Holmes never could knock Cobb out, and I think if they would have continued the fight in the alley, Cobb would have won.
After the Holmes-Cobb match I think Howard Cosell quit announcing boxing events out of disgust. That outcome alone would have been worth $40.:D

Cobb would have killed Holmes or just about anybody else in a back alley fight. But he sure wasnt much of a boxer.
LOL, I actually had a couple beers with Cobb at Cowboys in Abilene just a week before that fight. I had a couple with him, but I bet he drank 30 or more. LOL, he sure didnt look like a boxer in training for the heavyweight boxing championship of the world that night. But if I were ever in a street brawl, I'd want Cobb with me over any of the big name boxers of the day. That's one of the toughest men I have ever encountered.

Emerson1
09-01-2008, 01:33 PM
FSN usually replays it later in the week for free

Buccaneer
09-01-2008, 01:40 PM
Replay is on FSN right now!