PDA

View Full Version : hempsted vs. sealy

Bull19
08-30-2008, 11:07 AM
this game should be one of the biggest jokes of the week. sealy should get alot outa this one as they play this small 2a school. i wonder if they will even play this game this year? (we all remember last year what hempsted did when they were scheduled to play giddings.) hopefully the game will still take place.

Bull's-eye
08-30-2008, 02:37 PM
I can't decide between 1 or 2. :D Sealy by a bunch, their 2nd & 3rd team players will get plenty of action. As a fan, I always hate these types of one-sided games.

zebrablue2
08-30-2008, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
I can't decide between 1 or 2. :D Sealy by a bunch, their 2nd & 3rd team players will get plenty of action. As a fan, I always hate these types of one-sided games.

i agree. sealy needs to really look out for the injury bug. he can really bite in a game like this..

Tiger4Ever
08-30-2008, 06:40 PM
Sealy will have a much easier time handling Hempsted than Houston Second Baptist. Second Baptist was a pretty good team. Sealy will have another game to get everything together and clicking. Go Black Out!!

Bull's-eye
08-31-2008, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by Tiger4Ever
Sealy will have a much easier time handling Hempsted than Houston Second Baptist. Second Baptist was a pretty good team. Sealy will have another game to get everything together and clicking. Go Black Out!!

Didn't you say Sealy would win by 4-5 TD's? I had picked them to win by a lot too, but maybe the Tigers aren't as good as their early ranking. I watched the Stafford scrimmage and wasn't very impressed, I guess I should of known better.

rancher
08-31-2008, 09:54 AM
Sealy will win in a rout, just another example of the cup cake schedule they are playing.

Necks_Fan
08-31-2008, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by rancher
Sealy will win in a rout, just another example of the cup cake schedule they are playing. It really doesn't matter so long as they play good, make sure everything runs smooth and avoid injuries.

wimbo_pro
08-31-2008, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by Bull19
(we all remember last year what hempsted did when they were scheduled to play giddings.) .

Ummm...not all of us! What are you talking about?

Bull's-eye
08-31-2008, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro

They cancelled the game for some reason. I don't know if it was due to not enough players or injuries, but they did finish the season.

87 TIGER
08-31-2008, 11:23 AM
Should be a blow out if Sealy is as good as they are predicted to be

Tiger Turtle
08-31-2008, 03:20 PM
Sealy dominated the LOS against 2nd Baptist, constantly putting them in 3rd and very long (10+), then gave up several big plays on 3rd or 4th down when the Baptists managed to double the MLB and get to the second level. 2B's QB was the whole team. He was the biggest and fastest kid on their side. 2B was slow as molasses on defense and Sealy still couldn't get to the outside (or didn't bother trying). Sealy has potential, but they need a lot of development before district. Good news is they have a long time to get it done. They really need to find a pass rush somewhere along the way. First games don't prove all that much.

navscanmaster
08-31-2008, 03:27 PM
Sealy 40 something - Hempstead 0 or 7.

Tiger4Ever
08-31-2008, 07:41 PM
Sealy will win in a rout, just another example of the cup cake schedule they are playing.

Sealy's schedule does include the likes of Houston Second Baptist, Rice Consolidated (which went very deep in the playoffs in 2A), and St. Pius, which is no push-over. AND THATS JUST PRE-DISTRICT!!! Sealy also plays Giddings in district and will have to also go through a good Bellville team and a decent Columbus squad. That might not be a hardcore schedule but its no cupcake.

Tiger4Ever
08-31-2008, 07:45 PM
Did anyone notice that the first two questions of the poll are the same question? Look closely.

Bull's-eye
08-31-2008, 08:53 PM
Did anyone notice that the first two questions of the poll are the same question? Look closely.

Just figured that out? They are actually answers to his poll question.

Tiger4Ever
08-31-2008, 08:57 PM
Just figured that out? They are actually answers to his poll question.

You dont understand look at what the poll is asking. It says sealy blows out hempsted then it says hempsted gets blown out by sealy...thats the same question!

Bull's-eye
08-31-2008, 09:06 PM

I spotted that right away. Answer #3 should of been Sealy by 40+, but that would of been too confusing for some posters. :confused:

LH Panther Mom
08-31-2008, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
If I remember correctly, the Hempstead/Giddings game was scheduled the week before H's district games started. They had numerous injuries in a couple of games prior, and only had 18 kids that would be able to suit up.

I'm sure the coach felt that the risk of further injuries just before district outweighed the forfeit.

JR2004
08-31-2008, 09:14 PM
I know Hempstead's head coach. I played for him in the late 90's at Southwestern. Things probably aren't looking too good for his team this season, but I hope he does well while he's there. He, along with our other coaches, helped me to get my head screwed on straight. He could've easily given up on me and several other players, but he didn't. Coach Sarge is one of those guys who genuinely enjoys helping out and being around young people. He can be really, really hard on you as a coach, but he'll do anything for you. He was always good to me and I'll forever be grateful to him. I would hope the kids in Hempstead appreciate him as well.

scotty
09-01-2008, 06:44 AM
I've heard nothing but good things about Coach Sarge from opposing coaches and people in the Hempstead area. We're so big on winning over losing that we most times overlook the great things a coach can do with his kids in spite of not having enough talented people to win. I can't do anything but wish for Sarge good luck.

LH Panther Mom
09-01-2008, 10:33 AM
What's the deal? Is it the lack of Livingston posters to have a smack down with that makes some feel the need to take shots at another team and their schedule? :doh:

Bull19
09-01-2008, 11:46 AM
You dont understand look at what the poll is asking. It says sealy blows out hempsted then it says hempsted gets blown out by sealy...thats the same question! :dispntd: :dispntd:

zebrablue2
09-01-2008, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by scotty
I've heard nothing but good things about Coach Sarge from opposing coaches and people in the Hempstead area. We're so big on winning over losing that we most times overlook the great things a coach can do with his kids in spite of not having enough talented people to win. I can't do anything but wish for Sarge good luck.

:ditto: Coach Sarge is a class person.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-01-2008, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by 87 TIGER
Should be a blow out if Sealy is as good as they are predicted to be

It will be a blow-out either way. I just hope the coach will not run the score up on a smaller 2a school. Good luck on no injuries.

Necks_Fan
09-01-2008, 09:10 PM
LOL @ the kid from Sealy...... The poll was made like that on purpose bro.:clap:

Bull19
09-02-2008, 12:20 PM
whats up with the new coach in sealy changing some of their traditions. i have talked to some sealy alum and they are not too happy on how he is changing their flag, field logo's etc. many of us have grown up always seeing the standard flag with the dot in the middle. imo the team is the only thing that needed rebuilding, not the great sealy traditions that where in place that we all know and love.

buff4ever
09-02-2008, 03:04 PM
I know exactly what you guys are saying, and I voted for #1, however you are all forgetting that Sealy struggled with whoever that private school or whatever was last week. Even Bellville didn't have trouble with them last year.:D :D :D

Tiger Turtle
09-02-2008, 03:15 PM
As a long time Sealy booster club member, let me say that if Coach Mitchell and his staff can return the program to a consistent winner, he can change whatever traditions he wants to. The traditions you are referring to all originated back in the '90s during the T J Mills regime, so it's not like they are a hundred years old, anyway. I doubt that T j is losing any sleep over the changes, but I didn't see im at the game Friday night so who knows. When T J came sto Sealy, he made a lot of changes to the way things were done and all it got us was a 63-1 record and four straight championships.

JR2004
09-02-2008, 03:18 PM
How has this thread made it this far and Rita hasn't chimed in on her boy changing things up in Sealy? :)

Bull19
09-02-2008, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
How has this thread made it this far and Rita hasn't chimed in on her boy changing things up in Sealy? :) :thinking: sealy should win this one

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-02-2008, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by buff4ever
[B you are all forgetting that Sealy struggled with whoever that private school or whatever was last week. [/B]

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-02-2008, 04:31 PM

With St. Pius being down this year, sealy,s best pre-district game might be sealy,s homecoming vs 2a Rice.

Tiger4Ever
09-02-2008, 09:08 PM
whats up with the new coach in sealy changing some of their traditions. i have talked to some sealy alum and they are not too happy on how he is changing their flag, field logo's etc. many of us have grown up always seeing the standard flag with the dot in the middle. imo the team is the only thing that needed rebuilding, not the great sealy traditions that where in place that we all know and love.

Sealy, as most people know, is very deeply-rooted in tradition, and when the coach here wanted to change some things around, it was met with stiff oppostion, but the traditions, nevertheless, changed. The flag was the one most people notice but hey, I stopped trying to over-exaggerate those changes as many do when change occurs. Change can be a good thing and should be embraced if it is not a totally out-the-window type change. Change was the reason Sealy went from 2-8 in 2006 to 7-4 in 2007 and a DCTF Magazine #7 ranking. Did I also mention they are off to a great start? (1-0).

Tiger4Ever
09-02-2008, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by Tiger Turtle
As a long time Sealy booster club member, let me say that if Coach Mitchell and his staff can return the program to a consistent winner, he can change whatever traditions he wants to. The traditions you are referring to all originated back in the '90s during the T J Mills regime, so it's not like they are a hundred years old, anyway. I doubt that T j is losing any sleep over the changes, but I didn't see im at the game Friday night so who knows. When T J came sto Sealy, he made a lot of changes to the way things were done and all it got us was a 63-1 record and four straight championships.

I totally agree!!!!!

Tiger4Ever
09-02-2008, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by buff4ever
I know exactly what you guys are saying, and I voted for #1, however you are all forgetting that Sealy struggled with whoever that private school or whatever was last week. Even Bellville didn't have trouble with them last year.

Sealy didnt struggle one bit against Second Baptist, they just got off to a some-what slow first quarter. Maybe, just maybe, Buff4Ever, you should get your facts in order first before you open your mouth.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-02-2008, 09:18 PM
Sealy didnt struggle one bit against Second Baptist, they just got off to a some-what slow first quarter. Maybe, just maybe, Buff4Ever, you should get your facts in order first before you open your mouth.

Buff4ever, might now more about your team then you think, he knows his facts!

Bull19
09-02-2008, 09:25 PM
Sealy didnt struggle one bit against Second Baptist, they just got off to a some-what slow first quarter. is that not what you call struggling? when you get off to a slow start? lets just see where sealy ends up in dctf rankings at the end of the season. i have a great feeling it wont be in the top 25

pirate4state
09-02-2008, 09:34 PM
man, i could have sworn i read on this very thread earlier that the reason i hadn't chimed in was because this thread wasn't about sinton. if that's the case what are all these bellville people doing starting threads about sealy? :thinking: :rolleyes:

tragic...

LH Panther Mom
09-02-2008, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
man, i could have sworn i read on this very thread earlier that the reason i hadn't chimed in was because this thread wasn't about sinton. if that's the case what are all these bellville people doing starting threads about sealy? :thinking: :rolleyes:

tragic...
That's an excellent point! :thinking: :thinking:

Bull19
09-02-2008, 09:35 PM

tragic...
bellville and sealy are long time rivals. :rolleyes:

pirate4state
09-02-2008, 09:49 PM
bellville and sealy are long time rivals. :rolleyes: really? i never would have guessed....

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-02-2008, 09:50 PM
bellville and sealy are long time rivals. :rolleyes:

Lets go back and look if all the threads started by sinton and LH posters were just about sinton and LH!

pirate4state
09-02-2008, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
Lets go back and look if all the threads started by sinton and LH posters were just about sinton and LH! Yes, go do that it will give us all a break! :thumbsup:

Bull19
09-02-2008, 10:00 PM
Yes, go do that it will give us all a break! :thumbsup: who is all???? i have a feeling when you say "all" you are referring to yourself.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-02-2008, 10:08 PM
man, i could have sworn i read on this very thread earlier that the reason i hadn't chimed in was because this thread wasn't about sinton.

Nothing about sinton on this thread.

pirate4state
09-02-2008, 10:12 PM
Nothing about sinton on this thread. No and there is nothing about Bellville either so I guess we can both leave, huh?

pirate4state
09-02-2008, 10:12 PM
who is all???? i have a feeling when you say "all" you are referring to yourself. No your antics have not escaped other people's attention.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-02-2008, 10:19 PM
No your antics have not escaped other people's attention.

Bull I did not know you were so well loved, that people would watch your every move. Winter is on it way, and you could use someone to keep you warm.

buff4ever
09-02-2008, 10:22 PM
You guys can't be too hard on these bellville guys for getting on here and picking on the Sealy posters for this game.

First off, Sealy and Bellville have a major rivalry that goes both ways. This board has shown that.

Second, this game is an insult to the other top 10 teams in the state like sealy.

Bull19
09-02-2008, 10:23 PM
Bull I did not know you were so well loved, that people would watch your every move. you've noticed that too??? looks like some people need to find something better to do with their time than worry bout lil ole' bull19.:wave: im really not that interesting imo.

Bull's-eye
09-02-2008, 10:39 PM
Bull19, didn't see you at the Bellville/Caldwell game. Did you have something better to do? :confused:

Bull19
09-02-2008, 10:42 PM
Bull19, didn't see you at the Bellville/Caldwell game. Did you have something better to do? :confused: i was at a ncaa football game. you should be grazed with my presence this weekend though.

Necks_Fan
09-02-2008, 10:57 PM
Why the animosity?

Oh yea. I'm from WC and am not allowed to post here according to FBB either. So, I guess that means me and P4S and LHPM should stick to our WC, Sinton, and LH threads and let the Bellville people discuss Sealy by themselves. :devil:

Bull19
09-03-2008, 07:41 AM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
Why the animosity?

Oh yea. I'm from WC and am not allowed to post here according to FBB either. So, I guess that means me and P4S and LHPM should stick to our WC, Sinton, and LH threads and let the Bellville people discuss Sealy by themselves. :devil: thanx for understanding.:) :p

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-04-2008, 10:00 AM
Harris rankings has sealy picked to win by only 35.

Bull19
09-04-2008, 10:04 AM
Harris rankings has sealy picked to win by only 35. if you find that interesting take a look at the massey rankings. maybe hempsted has something nobody is talking about? http://www.highschoolsports.net/defaultcal300x250.cfm?ct=ratings&schoolid=TX7747415323&spt=-1&lvl=-1&division=-1

Bull's-eye
09-04-2008, 10:10 AM
I'm looking forward to next week, Sealy will play 2A Rice. That should be a good game. CheerMom, hope to see you there.

Bull19
09-04-2008, 10:11 AM
CheerMom, hope to see you there. :thinking: ;)

Bull's-eye
09-04-2008, 10:17 AM
Hope to see Bull19 this friday!:kiss:

Tell Mr. Kelley I need him to buy everybody popcorn. :1popcorn: :1popcorn: :1popcorn: :1popcorn: :1popcorn:

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-04-2008, 03:04 PM
I'm looking forward to next week, Sealy will play 2A Rice.

2 2a,s in a row for sealy.

Bull's-eye
09-04-2008, 03:26 PM
2 2a,s in a row for sealy.

True, but Rice will have a legitimate shot at beating the Tigers. Hempstead might not show up (literally).

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
09-06-2008, 12:57 PM
Ok! I'm not going to sit and talk crap to all these people on here, but all yall just running yalls mouth saying sealy don't deserve this and hasn't earned that, how bout yall wait till we catch yall on the field then yall can say whatever you want!

Tiger4Ever
09-06-2008, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
Ok! I'm not going to sit and talk crap to all these people on here, but all yall just running yalls mouth saying sealy don't deserve this and hasn't earned that, how bout yall wait till we catch yall on the field then yall can say whatever you want!

Heck ya!! Let us catch you on the field on a Friday night and we will see who gets their butt kicked. Sealy 42, Hempstead 8.

Bull's-eye
09-06-2008, 02:21 PM
Sealy only held a 13-8 halftime lead over a not so good Hempstead team. They did break the game open in the 2nd half, but I wasn't impressed with their stats, considering their competition. They will get a good test against Rice.

3aSoftball4Mom
09-06-2008, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by BLACK&GOLD4LIFE

"YALL"
Please don't talk like that....it looks bad for the English Department in Sealy Schools. :D

Tiger4Ever
09-06-2008, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by 3aSoftball4Mom
"YALL"
Please don't talk like that....it looks bad for the English Department in Sealy Schools. :D

I disagree, that is just your typical South Texas dialect...lol...I know Black&Gold4Life and he is not stupid or does he talk like an idiot...

Bull's-eye
09-06-2008, 10:36 PM
I disagree, that is just your typical South Texas dialect...lol...I know Black&Gold4Life and he is not stupid or does he talk like an idiot...

That's not much better. :doh:

3aSoftball4Mom
09-06-2008, 11:28 PM

I bet pretty much everyone on here (the DL) is from the south and 99% of us don't talk like that.

and that my friend is what is wrong with the English language today.

BTW: I know him too.....and no one but you said anything about being stupid or talking like an idiot. :D

3aSoftball4Mom
09-06-2008, 11:31 PM
That's not much better. :doh:

:clap: :clap:

JR2004
09-06-2008, 11:32 PM
"YALL"

I say y'all all the time.

3aSoftball4Mom
09-06-2008, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
I say Y'all all the time.

I do too, and there isn't anything wrong with that word.......but the usage of Y'all alone wasn't the point. How many times was it used and saying Sealy "don't" deserve.....

that's just wrong....
:D :D :D

and I did say please.

44INAROW
09-06-2008, 11:48 PM
I do too, and there isn't anything wrong with that word.......but the usage of Y'all alone wasn't the point. How many times was it used and saying Sealy "don't" deserve.....

that's just wrong....
:D :D :D
at least we have been GRAZED with a fun and interesting topic to read :D

3aSoftball4Mom
09-06-2008, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
at least we have been GRAZED with a fun and interesting topic to read :D

It is always good to find the fun and interesting things in a topic!!

:evilgrin: :evilgrin: :evilgrin: