PDA

View Full Version : ProudHornetMom eating crow

ProudHornetMom
08-30-2008, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by ProudHornetMom
Bellville is always a tough game but they won't beat us 28-7. Their defense can't stop our offense.

:blush: Definitely eating crow and it's kinda dry and chewy.

Bellville basically whipped our arse. I'd say an old fashion west Texas arse whippin" but then Brownwood would feel the need to post. :D

Bellville's defense DID stop our offense. They penetrated our gaps very well and tackled hard. They had some great passing and running plays. Both our defense and offense struggled and then we had unnecessary penalties, major kicking issues and for many of our players this was their first varsity level football game. It didn't gel for us and it did for Bellville.

I think last year's Bellville reconstruction year is over. ;)

The Hornets will adjust and move on but boy am I glad last night is over. We did have some bright spots last night and our year won't be a wash but we definitely have work to do.

Good luck Brahmas for the rest of the year.

LH Panther Mom
08-30-2008, 09:25 AM
Sorry about the loss. I have faith the Hornets will learn from it & rebound nicely.

wimbo_pro
08-30-2008, 09:25 AM
It's OK Mom...we all have had to do it a couple times here...you'll get used to it. How about a little Tabasco sauce?

Ranger Mom
08-30-2008, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
It's OK Mom...we all have had to do it a couple times here...you'll get used to it. How about a little Tabasco sauce?

Not me....I don't make predictions or talk a bunch of noise..............well, maybe that one year I enacted the Greenwood vs. Snyder trash talk week.

Snyder did win....but I STILL won the board war, I KNOW I did!!:D

PHM, just hold your breath when you swallow, it doesn't taste so bad then.....or that's what my momma told me about medicine anyway!!:p

ProudHornetMom
08-30-2008, 09:45 AM
I'm thinkin' it needs much marinating or a chaser.

44INAROW
08-30-2008, 10:09 AM
I'm thinkin' it needs much marinating or a chaser.

go with the chaser ;) the season is EARLY... that's what the preseason is all about - :)

LH Panther Mom
08-30-2008, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
go with the chaser ;) the season is EARLY... that's what the preseason is all about - :)
Or maybe a combo - marinated IN the same as the chaser. ;)

wimbo_pro
08-30-2008, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Or maybe a combo - marinated IN the same as the chaser. ;)

Me thinks LHPM is still drunk from last night's intoxicating victory.

Bull's-eye
08-30-2008, 10:22 AM
Caldwell looked inexperienced and made several mental mistakes. The kicking & punting game also needs improvement. The good thing is all that can be corrected. Caldwell did have some success and got it going on a nice 84 yard drive. The RB #8 was giving Bellville fits on that drive. The Hornets also missed out on a couple of good scoring opportunities, one right before the half when time ran out. Looking back at the 2 scrimmages, Brenham & Needville didn't have any success running against the new Bellville defense, but Caldwell had times where they effectively moved the ball. The Hornets will improve and IMO, played Bellville at the wrong time. Get those boys a few games under their belt and it would of been a much closer game. Good luck the rest of the season!

PS. Thanks for the kolaches!! :) I got to chat with Bernard and also met your husband. I told him to give you a kiss and he said do I have to? :D I just finished a kolache while writing this post. When I got to the game, there was a nice lady from Caldwell parked right next to me. She asked directions to the visitor gate and then started to get something out of her trunk. She laughed when I asked her if she had a box of kolaches.

Necks_Fan
08-30-2008, 11:35 AM
:blush: Definitely eating crow and it's kinda dry and chewy.

Bellville basically whipped our arse. I'd say an old fashion west Texas arse whippin" but then Brownwood would feel the need to post. :D

Bellville's defense DID stop our offense. They penetrated our gaps very well and tackled hard. They had some great passing and running plays. Both our defense and offense struggled and then we had unnecessary penalties, major kicking issues and for many of our players this was their first varsity level football game. It didn't gel for us and it did for Bellville.

I think last year's Bellville reconstruction year is over. ;)

The Hornets will adjust and move on but boy am I glad last night is over. We did have some bright spots last night and our year won't be a wash but we definitely have work to do.

Good luck Brahmas for the rest of the year. I said by 3 Td's... but I guess I was wrong.:(

ProudHornetMom
08-30-2008, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
Caldwell looked inexperienced and made several mental mistakes. The kicking & punting game also needs improvement. The good thing is all that can be corrected. Caldwell did have some success and got it going on a nice 84 yard drive. The RB #8 was giving Bellville fits on that drive. The Hornets also missed out on a couple of good scoring opportunities, one right before the half when time ran out. Looking back at the 2 scrimmages, Brenham & Needville didn't have any success running against the new Bellville defense, but Caldwell had times where they effectively moved the ball. The Hornets will improve and IMO, played Bellville at the wrong time. Get those boys a few games under their belt and it would of been a much closer game. Good luck the rest of the season!

Thanks. Son returned from film this morning feeling much better...looked like lots of little mistakes that can be corrected...or maybe I should say WILL be corrected.

Now on to next week. We play Sheppard in Huntsville.

P.S. You should have seen my husband's face when I read your post to him. :D