PDA

View Full Version : Caldwell/ Bellville

CHS_CG
08-30-2008, 02:20 AM
Final 44-14 Bellville...

So somebody tell me what happened? I wasnt at the game!

rancher
08-30-2008, 09:06 AM
To much Garrett Nunn and Bellville defense.

Brahma84
08-30-2008, 09:09 AM
It was the Garrett Nunn show for Bellville. He scored TD's on runs of 8, 3, 66 and 11 yds. Bellville was up 21-0 early in the second quarter. Bellville also scored on a 27 yd TD pass from Mueller to Dodd, and a 30 yd run by Houston. Hardie added a 42 yd field goal for the Bulls.
Caldwell scored on runs of 5 and 26 yds.
Caldwell fumbled a kick-off and a punt. Bellville's defense also forced Caldwell to punt 6 times and turn the ball over on downs once.
Bellville had a fumble on their own 30, but the defense held. Caldwell also had a kick return to the 8, Bellville held and they missed the field goal attempt.
Biggest hit of the night was on the waterboy!! Hope he's OK.
Good first game for Bellville, but there are still lots of things to work on in practice this week.

Bull's-eye
08-30-2008, 10:48 AM
Anybody know how many yards Nunn had rushing?

Brahma84
08-30-2008, 11:23 AM
statesman.com

Passing
Bellville 5-11-98 yds (Dodd 4-70 yds, 1 TD)
Caldwell 0-9-0 yds

Rushing
Bellville:
Nunn 18-182 yds 4 TD's
Houston 7-14 1 TD
Caldwell:
Woolverton 23-132 1 TD
Scott 14-74 1 TD

Total Yds
Bellville 383
Caldwell 225

Pudlugger
08-30-2008, 12:52 PM
Bellville is as good as predicted and Nunn's clearly a stud. Congrats to the Brahmas.:)

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-01-2008, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by Pudlugger
Bellville is as good as predicted and Nunn's clearly a stud. Congrats to the Brahmas.:)

Caldwell will be allright come district. Good luck to the Hornets.

Bull's-eye
09-01-2008, 09:58 PM
I'm curious to see how well Caldwell will run the ball on their next opponent. They had way more success then Brenham & Needville had against what I'm hoping to be a very good Bellville defense. Good luck to the Hornets!

BV Sports Fan
09-02-2008, 08:04 AM
I am eating crow after last week also. I thought the Hornets would put out an overall better effort. Too many kids coming up from the JV, and those guys need to get good very fast. Bellville proved that last year was a one year reloading process, and they are back to being the force they have always been.

Since Caldwell has gone to the slot-T, running the ball has never been the problem. They are trying to loosen up defenses by throwing some vertical passes. Problem is you have to catch some of those to get people to respect the passing game. Over the next 9 games the Hornets will continue to get better. By district the offense will either be good enough to carry them into the play-offs (to off set an awful defense) or they will play catch up all year getting guys experience for the '09 season.

nunya
09-02-2008, 11:51 AM
I'm still wondering if the coaches have informed Caldwell receivers that it is, indeed, OK to catch a pass on offense and to bat them down on defense. They're so busy trying to knock opponents' passes down that they forget that it's quite alright to intercept as well. It was frustrating to watch.

ProudHornetMom
09-02-2008, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by nunya
I'm still wondering if the coaches have informed Caldwell receivers that it is, indeed, OK to catch a pass on offense and to bat them down on defense. They're so busy trying to knock opponents' passes down that they forget that it's quite alright to intercept as well. It was frustrating to watch.

Certainly not what the coaches have taught the players and I have no doubt it has been addressed and addressed and addressed some more. ;)

Bulligator
09-02-2008, 05:49 PM
Bellville didn’t look that sharp on offense or defense most of the night either. Caldwell had some drive-stopping penalties that might have turned into points for them. There were two controversial fumbles that should have gone the other way for Bellville. The first when Bellville stripped the ball from the running back and recovered, but the ref said that the ball carrier was down. Film clearly showed the opposite. The other is when Caldwell recovered the Nunn fumble. He was down by contact with the ground and the ball came out after both knees and his body hit the ground. The film showed this clearly also.

Caldwell was also flagged for several penalties as soon as they came to the line of scrimmage. I think they called these for illegal formations. Apparently, the officials had opening game lapses as well.

Hopefully, both teams will work out the kinks for this week. Maybe the officials will too. Good luck to both.

KL3
09-02-2008, 06:26 PM
I agree Bulligator. Mueller hasn't played QB since junior high. After he gets a few games under his belt, this offense will be scary good.

teetle
09-03-2008, 09:12 AM
The crow is in Bryan.:D :eek: