PDA

View Full Version : Celina 66 Lytle 0

gatordaze
08-30-2008, 12:47 AM
57-0 at the half Celina only had 13 offensive plays in the first half. 2 punt returns for touchdowns. Lytle needs a long snapper real bad!

trojan37
08-30-2008, 12:48 AM
They aren't the only team that needs a deep snapper!;)

RattlerDude
08-30-2008, 01:41 AM
Pathetic

Old Tiger
08-30-2008, 04:29 AM
Originally posted by RattlerDude
Pathetic thats not cool bro

Looking4number8
08-30-2008, 08:17 AM
Glad to see Celina scheduled some tough competetion.. Just kidding Orange guys...

Rocket
08-30-2008, 08:24 AM
nm

gatordaze
08-30-2008, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by lookingfornumbe
Glad to see Celina scheduled some tough competetion.. Just kidding Orange guys...

They take what they can get. Lytle was a playoff team last season. Wanna play week 0 next year? I doubt that Lytle will want the recipricol game.

Looking4number8
08-30-2008, 08:41 AM
Just ribbing you guys.. lord knows you have taken your shots at Brownwood.. Just thought I would take one back..

Congrats Celina on a VERY well played game! Hope we fare as well today..

CelinaCatFan
08-30-2008, 09:12 AM
No offense taken. As far as the ribbing goes, there is just something natural about maroon and orange fans trading barbs.

Looking4number8
08-30-2008, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by CelinaCatFan
No offense taken. As far as the ribbing goes, there is just something natural about maroon and orange fans trading barbs.

Yep... and most likely will continue for years to come...

Gotta go, off to my daughters wedding... Like I have said in previous post, I will have an earplug on my ear listening to the Brownwood game.. lol

gatordaze
08-30-2008, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by lookingfornumbe
Yep... and most likely will continue for years to come...

Gotta go, off to my daughters wedding... Like I have said in previous post, I will have an earplug on my ear listening to the Brownwood game.. lol

Her new husband is doomed. Anyone that allows there future wife to schedule a wedding on opening day of college football is destined to alot of laundry, wine tastings and chick flicks! Revoke his man card! Did she not realize that there was an open weekend between the Olympics and the start of season?

Ranger Mom
08-30-2008, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by gatordaze
Her new husband is doomed. Anyone that allows there future wife to schedule a wedding on opening day of college football is destined to alot of laundry, wine tastings and chick flicks! Revoke his man card! Did she not realize that there was an open weekend between the Olympics and the start of season?

College football???

What about the fact that he is missing his own team....Brownwood's game at the Alamodome???:eek: :eek:

oh wait...you were talking about the "son-in-law" weren't ya??:D

ProudHornetMom
08-30-2008, 09:50 AM

I'm wondering the same thing and I'm a mom. Note to self...remind daughter there are limitations and specific windows of time for wedding dates.

LH Panther Mom
08-30-2008, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by ProudHornetMom
I'm wondering the same thing and I'm a mom. Note to self...remind daughter there are limitations and specific windows of time for wedding dates.
AND babies! :D

footballgal
08-30-2008, 10:57 AM
That's just wrong! :D

garciap77
08-30-2008, 11:17 AM
57-0 at the half Celina only had 13 offensive plays in the first half. 2 punt returns for touchdowns. Lytle needs a long snapper real bad!

Stop running up the score! Is Lytle still 1A?:D :p ;)

Necks_Fan
08-30-2008, 11:32 AM
Wow is all I can say. 57-0 at HALFTIME?

CelinaProud
08-30-2008, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
Stop running up the score! Is Lytle still 1A?:D :p ;)

So last night, as I'm sitting in the stadium, and I look at the score going up and up and it's half time, and we're up 57-0 with two of their guys DL'ed, one of which is the quarterback for Lytle, I say to my husband, "Someone on the downlow will call this running up the score." The thing is, he played 1st string in the first quarter, second string in the the second, third in the third, and the band in the fourth, and forgoodluck'ssake, we made three touchdowns off of punt returns BEFORE THE HALF.

Ford can't help it if the other team can't tackle our guys. I guess our boys coulda stood there, holding signs that said, HIT ME NOW, but you know Ford usually balks when they do that and then he makes practice ever so much harder on them the next week.

Running up the score ......how about, quit running your mouth...your roots are showing. :rolleyes:

Necks_Fan
08-30-2008, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by CelinaProud
So last night, as I'm sitting in the stadium, and I look at the score going up and up and it's half time, and we're up 57-0 with two of their guys DL'ed, one of which is the quarterback for Lytle, I say to my husband, "Someone on the downlow will call this running up the score." The thing is, he played 1st string in the first quarter, second string in the the second, third in the third, and the band in the fourth, and forgoodluck'ssake, we made three touchdowns off of punt returns BEFORE THE HALF.

Ford can't help it if the other team can't tackle our guys. I guess our boys coulda stood there, holding signs that said, HIT ME NOW, but you know Ford usually balks when they do that and then he makes practice ever so much harder on them the next week.

Running up the score ......how about, quit running your mouth...your roots are showing. :rolleyes: I wouldn't call it running up the score if you put 57 up in the first half... then only 9 in the second half.

That is showing some compassion. Celina could have scored 100 if they wanted to.

jimmyceatworld
08-30-2008, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
I wouldn't call it running up the score if you put 57 up in the first half... then only 9 in the second half.

I was thinking the same thing.

bobcat1
08-30-2008, 04:31 PM

Running up the score ......how about, quit running your mouth...your roots are showing. :rolleyes:

He was only kidding. I know that for a fact. Read the whole thread. You'll see.

orange machine
08-30-2008, 05:56 PM
This game was very nasty. Im glad we got to finally get a real game, but for the most part this game was not all that fun. Im glad we won, but poor Lytle they just did not have much.

Pick6
08-30-2008, 05:59 PM

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Looking4number8
08-30-2008, 06:07 PM

Her husband and I had a talk... Told him to put his foot down... lol Her mother and I divorced about 18 years ago, just shows a child does need a father in her life (to learn the rules of fall sports!) Other than that, she turned out pretty good!

CelinaProud
08-30-2008, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
He was only kidding. I know that for a fact. Read the whole thread. You'll see.

Always willing to say I'm wrong, and a bit sensitive...SORRY GARCIA! I read the original thread, had to look to find it, but I missed the jesting......I suppose I get weary from the same stuff and take a little fun too far. MY BAD BOYS & GIRLS!!!:inlove:

garciap77
08-30-2008, 11:57 PM
Always willing to say I'm wrong, and a bit sensitive...SORRY GARCIA! I read the original thread, had to look to find it, but I missed the jesting......I suppose I get weary from the same stuff and take a little fun too far. MY BAD BOYS & GIRLS!!!:inlove:

:D :D :D

Great job Celina!

:2thumbsup

P.S. I was fishing for BobCatBenny! But, he did no bite!;)

wimbo_pro
08-31-2008, 12:51 AM
You put in the 2nd string, then the 3rd string, then you play every player you have...what else can you do?

If what I read is true (and I have no reason to doubt it), it sounds like Celina did everything they could to uphold the "honorable" actions of an honorable team. Good on them.

nunya
08-31-2008, 09:08 AM
then why on Earth did Celina even agree to play Lytle (or is that "little"?)

Play Wylie or McKinney and then brag.

wimbo_pro
08-31-2008, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by nunya

That I cant answer... I will have to wait and see what the locals say. Maybe they play every year? Maybe its a local/regional tradition? I dunno, maybe Lytle was supposed to be better.

bobcat1
08-31-2008, 09:14 AM
Lytle was the team that stepped to the front when Celina needed a game.

nunya
08-31-2008, 09:26 AM

and given Celina's infamous humility, I'm sure they welcomed the opportunity with open arms.

bobcat1
08-31-2008, 09:28 AM
and given Celina's infamous humility, I'm sure they welcomed the opportunity with open arms. What did I say wrong that time? Good lord you have to walk on tippie toes around here.

gatordaze
08-31-2008, 09:33 AM
I think that 3 snaps over the punters head putting Celina's offensive inside the 10 was a back breaker. They also ran back two punts. They replaced Troy with Jose on punt returns and told him to fair catch the punt. If anything, offensive stats were affected by the short field and punt returns. There were 2 other touchdowns called back.

Driving 3 hours to see a game that was over in 5 minutes was like watching a Mike Tyson PPV event in his prime. Alot of excitement for little satisfaction.

nunya
08-31-2008, 09:35 AM
I think that 3 snaps over the punters head putting Celina's offensive inside the 10 was a back breaker. They also ran back two punts. They replaced Troy with Jose on punt returns and told him to fair catch the punt. If anything, offensive stats were affected by the short field and punt returns. There were 2 other touchdowns called back.

Driving 3 hours to see a game that was over in 5 minutes was like watching a Mike Tyson PPV event in his prime. Alot of excitement for little satisfaction.

I would've stayed home and saved on fuel expenses rather than shelling out money for an inevitable outcome.

garciap77
08-31-2008, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
That I cant answer... I will have to wait and see what the locals say. Maybe they play every year? Maybe its a local/regional tradition? I dunno, maybe Lytle was supposed to be better.

I thought you were from LH!:D ;)

garciap77
08-31-2008, 09:51 AM
What did I say wrong that time? Good lord you have to walk on tippie toes around here.

http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5809/roflsmiliemn4.gifhttp://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5809/roflsmiliemn4.gifhttp://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5809/roflsmiliemn4.gifhttp://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5809/roflsmiliemn4.gif

Just step on them toes they'll get over it!:)

wimbo_pro
08-31-2008, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by garciap77
I thought you were from LH!:D ;)

OK Garcia...I officially dont like you now.:D

MN95
08-31-2008, 01:16 PM

Lytle was an area finalist last year, and I believe a playoff team the 2 years prior to that. They return the same number of starters on each side of the ball this year that we do. On paper, that is a reasonable non-district game. What wasn't on paper, was that their team basically quit early in the game.

I also believe we already have 2 4A non-district games this year.

MN95
08-31-2008, 01:19 PM

Please quote the comment in this thread where anyone from Celina was bragging? Most of us were very disappointed that it wasn't more competitive.

super1
08-31-2008, 03:35 PM
You can't over look the Special Teams

navscanmaster
08-31-2008, 03:44 PM

Well, I respect them much more for not shying away from competition. Just wish they would have been able to eliminate their bad mistakes and make Celina work for it a little harder.

sweetwater07
08-31-2008, 03:48 PM
this score looks like a donkey stomping.....what are the expectations for Celina this year?? i didn't know how many ppl they returned from the championship team last year

coachkiss
08-31-2008, 04:47 PM
At the scheduling meeting in the spring, Celina announced that they needed a game from any 3A, 4A, or 5A team. There were no takers.

Lytle took the game.

Now, this week we have TCA, which just beat the defending TAPPS champions.

Still to come are...

Daingerfield (not as good as past years, but they won't roll over either).

FW Arlington Heights - They beat Birdville this past weekend, and I think they made the playoffs last year. They are 4A.

Whitehouse - Went two rounds deep in the 4A playoffs last year. Still in 4A. Playing them in Whitehouse.

BILLYFRED0000
08-31-2008, 07:56 PM
And yes for all you friends of Celina out there, we still are not playing anybody.....

Just whoever will play us.....:catredx: :catredx:

CelinaProud
09-01-2008, 11:05 AM
and given Celina's infamous humility, I'm sure they welcomed the opportunity with open arms.

And these kind of remarks are why I am sensitive. No matter. It's pointless with people who have to sound out the word WIN to check the syllables.

Here's the thing, when no other 3A, 4A or even 5A team offered play, Lytle stepped up and played us. My hat's off. It was a tough game to watch, nevertheless. Especially after their QB got injured. The first half took an hour or so, the second took 24 minutes exactly. At least Lytle came and played and their kids tried. There was no arrogance on Celina's side, we just played the game and won. For you NUNYA, that's one syllable. Where was your school BIG BOY? Why didn't you step up?

CelinaTurf
09-01-2008, 11:18 AM
To nunya:

It sounds like my girlfriend in Celina whipped up on you... or is it YOUR girlfriend, you masochist you... Do you prefer being whipped, or do you just prefer a good old fashioned SPANKING...

So, where WAS your team??? who did YOU play??? Did you enjoy getting spanked there too??? Are you also an EXHIBITIONIST???

Celina does have a lot of mercy... Lytle just coiuld not stop our Bobcats. They just couldn't stop the talent we have. Heck, the 90 year old man behind me at the game put on his jersey toward the end of the game and returned a punt for a touchdown too. Can Celina help it? I think it was quite kind of Coach Ford to agree to put in the less swift in the second half to keep the score down.

BILLYFRED0000
09-01-2008, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by CelinaTurf
To nunya:

It sounds like my girlfriend in Celina whipped up on you... or is it YOUR girlfriend, you masochist you... Do you prefer being whipped, or do you just prefer a good old fashioned SPANKING...

So, where WAS your team??? who did YOU play??? Did you enjoy getting spanked there too??? Are you also an EXHIBITIONIST???

Celina does have a lot of mercy... Lytle just coiuld not stop our Bobcats. They just couldn't stop the talent we have. Heck, the 90 year old man behind me at the game put on his jersey toward the end of the game and returned a punt for a touchdown too. Can Celina help it? I think it was quite kind of Coach Ford to agree to put in the less swift in the second half to keep the score down.

Both GA and Butch are kind gentlemen and sportsmen and they are to be commended.