PDA

View Full Version : Wylie Recap from Vernon

michaelp23
08-30-2008, 12:02 AM
Abilene Wylie 14 Vernon 6

Just got back from Vernon. Wylie was no doubt the better team. But just too many mistakes made this one look closer than it had to be.

1. Three interceptions in the first half. Despite that, Preston looked good. The first one was his fault; just hung it up there too long. But the second and third were passes that hit the receiver right in the numbers and bounced right to Vernon defenders. He throws a good ball and has a good head on his shoulders. He had a particularly good run on an option that showed great decision making skills as well as athletic ability.

2. Too many penalties. This is to be expected from a young team that doesn't return many starters. But they'd better get over that by next week. You can't make those type of mistakes and expect to beat an team like LH.

3. If you thought Jesse Jennings was a hoss last year, just picture him now with about 20 pounds more muscle, a year more of experience, andhe seems to play a step faster than prettty much everyone else. I couldn't believe when I saw him tonight how much bigger and stronger he is. I'm pretty sure a couple of the Vernon running backs are glad that game is over. Especially one hit that sent the runner from a full sprint to flying backwards after a collision with Jennings.

4. Wylie played the Senior quarterback (#19 but I don't recall his name) all during the second half. He looked good as well. Didn't make mistakes, managed the game well, and made a couple of big throws to put the game away late. Sandifer has a decision to make. I'd probably lean towards Preston, the junior, at this point. But there is no doubt we have two good quarterbacks this year. A little depth never hurts. Hopefully Sandifer will make a choice soon and stick with them fulltime instead of the platoon system he has used one or twice in previous years.

Wylie have to play a much better game next week to have a chance against Liberty Hill. But Sandifer's teams seem to always rise to the occasion in big games. The talent and coaching is all there. They just need to play a solid, mistake free game next week.

Mcguirk
08-30-2008, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by michaelp23

Just got back from Vernon. Wylie was no doubt the better team. But just too many mistakes made this one look closer than it had to be.

1. Three interceptions in the first half. Despite that, Preston looked good. The first one was his fault; just hung it up there too long. But the second and third were passes that hit the receiver right in the numbers and bounced right to Vernon defenders. He throws a good ball and has a good head on his shoulders. He had a particularly good run on an option that showed great decision making skills as well as athletic ability.

2. Too many penalties. This is to be expected from a young team that doesn't return many starters. But they'd better get over that by next week. You can't make those type of mistakes and expect to beat an team like LH.

3. If you thought Jesse Jennings was a hoss last year, just picture him now with about 20 pounds more muscle, a year more of experience, andhe seems to play a step faster than prettty much everyone else. I couldn't believe when I saw him tonight how much bigger and stronger he is. I'm pretty sure a couple of the Vernon running backs are glad that game is over. Especially one hit that sent the runner from a full sprint to flying backwards after a collision with Jennings.

4. Wylie played the Senior quarterback (#19 but I don't recall his name) all during the second half. He looked good as well. Didn't make mistakes, managed the game well, and made a couple of big throws to put the game away late. Sandifer has a decision to make. I'd probably lean towards Preston, the junior, at this point. But there is no doubt we have two good quarterbacks this year. A little depth never hurts. Hopefully Sandifer will make a choice soon and stick with them fulltime instead of the platoon system he has used one or twice in previous years.

Wylie have to play a much better game next week to have a chance against Liberty Hill. But Sandifer's teams seem to always rise to the occasion in big games. The talent and coaching is all there. They just need to play a solid, mistake free game next week.

Random thoughts:

#19 is Jackson Minor. Both QB seem capable of running the offense, but the intangible will be leadership. That will come out pretty quick.

Perkins was out too, though Cory Ramos did an excellent job running the ball in his place; and Gilmore ws good as expected.

Jennings lived up to the preseason hype.

The thing that I noticed most was the lack of size. Lots of decent size, but not too many BIG kids.

I guess we'll see what they're made of next week. I can't wait.

Johnny Moxen
08-30-2008, 10:02 AM
A couple of questions/thoughts for those of you that saw the game for those who us who had to stay behind.

1). More insight please on the interceptions in the first half. Did the Preston kid just look "amped up" and his passes sailed on him (were high)? Or did the receivers do a pretty poor job of hanging on to the ball? Sounds like the first interception ending up being a jump ball (ball hung up there), but how about the other two? I know it's early, but either the senior receivers need to step up or maybe we should look at some of thos e junior receivers. Sounded as if both QB's did a good job.

2). Thoughts on the O-line and D-line? How'd they look etc? Sounds like we might have a hard time stopping a inside run game?

garciap77
08-30-2008, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by Mcguirk
Random thoughts:

#19 is Jackson Minor. Both QB seem capable of running the offense, but the intangible will be leadership. That will come out pretty quick.

Perkins was out too, though Cory Ramos did an excellent job running the ball in his place; and Gilmore ws good as expected.

Jennings lived up to the preseason hype.

The thing that I noticed most was the lack of size. Lots of decent size, but not too many BIG kids.

I guess we'll see what they're made of next week. I can't wait.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

I'll take speed over size on the line! Remember the Cureo game? We were undersize, but had more speed on the lline!

michaelp23
08-30-2008, 10:58 AM
The first interception by Preston was a jump ball. He put too much arc on it that allowed the defender to catch up to it and he made a nice play to pull it in. The other two were not his fault. They hit the receivers right in the hands. The receivers couldn't hold on to them and deflected them right to a Vernon defender. Maybe he threw them too hard (ie. Brett Favre style) and that's why they missed them. Sandifer did pull him over after one of them and chew on him for a while. But they looked catchable to me.

Our receivers play by platoon. There must have been 6 or 8 different ones have passes thrown to them. Actually the one with the best hands that I saw was #9 (Sorry, I don't know many names yet this early in the season). He's a little small, but seemed to grab everything that came his way.

The O-line has a lot of growing up to do. They looked pretty rough early on, but seemed to get it together towards the second half. It is true that Wylie doesn't really have the size we've grown accostumed to the last few years. But at this level technique and execution can make up for that. Just look at the Permian teams that won those state titles without hardly a guy over 200#. And when Wylie had their first 10-0 season in 1996 they only had a handful of payers over 200 with the biggest at 230. Compared to that, Wylie still has decent size with several 225 guys and a few others at 250 or bigger.

The defense really didn't look bad. They were able to contain Vernon's Wing-T. (I really hate that offense. To me it's like saying "We know we can't line up on you and drive the ball down your throat, so we're going to run this deception meet and greet in the backfield where 5 guys touch the ball and one of them runs out of the crowd with it.") Never the less, it is a grind it out style offense designed to wear down and dis-hearten the opposing defense, and Wylie held up well under it. Vernon had a big 250 pound fullback that pounded away at the middle of the D-line. Overall, I think our defense will be our stronger side of the ball, at least until Wylie's quarterbacks and receivers get their act together.

LHexPlayer
08-30-2008, 11:02 AM

The defense really didn't look bad. They were able to contain Vernon's Wing-T. (I really hate that offense. To me it's like saying "We know we can't line up on you and drive the ball down your throat, so we're going to run this deception meet and greet in the backfield where 5 guys touch the ball and one of them runs out of the crowd with it.") Never the less, it is a grind it out style offense designed to wear down and dis-hearten the opposing defense, and Wylie held up well under it. Vernon had a big 250 pound fullback that pounded away at the middle of the D-line. Overall, I think our defense will be our stronger side of the ball, at least until Wylie's quarterbacks and receivers get their act together.

If you hate the wing T of Vernon you are really going to hate the slot T of Liberty Hill. Here is to a great game next Friday.

Mcguirk
08-30-2008, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by Johnny Moxen
A couple of questions/thoughts for those of you that saw the game for those who us who had to stay behind.

1). More insight please on the interceptions in the first half. Did the Preston kid just look "amped up" and his passes sailed on him (were high)? Or did the receivers do a pretty poor job of hanging on to the ball? Sounds like the first interception ending up being a jump ball (ball hung up there), but how about the other two? I know it's early, but either the senior receivers need to step up or maybe we should look at some of thos e junior receivers. Sounded as if both QB's did a good job.

2). Thoughts on the O-line and D-line? How'd they look etc? Sounds like we might have a hard time stopping a inside run game?

I missed the last interception, but I think only one was Matt's fault. RB's ran hard and looked good.

The offensive line looked good once they got cranked up. The downfield blocking was good too. Several times I saw lineman going after defensive backs on long runs.

I'm still worrying about overall size. I won't mention names, but one of the DT'S played at 165 lbs. He did good. I know him and he's one tough kid not afraid of anything. I just don't know what will happen when he runs up against some 300+lbs OG/OT's. He has the speed to get around them, but gravity would be against him. But then again I don't see them practice every day, and the coaching staff does. And if I remeber correctly, one of the 5A teams playing for the state championship last year had a DE that weighed 145 lbs.

Overall the defense looked good, and the offense showed flashes. Another thing to consider was the weather. It wasn't too hot, but the weather was stifling. No breeze and the air was heavy. It's just hard to tell after one game. We'll know more after next week.

Mcguirk
08-30-2008, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by garciap77
:clap: :clap: :clap:

I'll take speed over size on the line! Remember the Cureo game? We were undersize, but had more speed on the lline!

True, True..........

garciap77
08-30-2008, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by LHexPlayer
If you hate the wing T of Vernon you are really going to hate the slot T of Liberty Hill. Here is to a great game next Friday.

:iagree:

But, that is the kind of games we need to improve for the payoffs! I hope both teams play to the best of their abilities, so each team can benefit whether they loose or win! Are you making the game?

LHexPlayer
08-30-2008, 11:13 AM
:iagree:

But, that is the kind of games we need to improve for the payoffs! I hope both teams play to the best of their abilities, so each team can benefit whether they loose or win! Are you making the game?

No doubt about that. This game will prepare both teams for their district and the playoffs. I'll be there. Wish I was flying though. v I'm glad you guys sound like us and are still a work in progress.

garciap77
08-30-2008, 11:15 AM
No doubt about that. This game will prepare both teams for their district and the playoffs. I'll be there. Wish I was flying though. v I'm glad you guys sound like us and are still a work in progress.

How about a M&G?

Sweetwater Red
08-30-2008, 11:18 AM
No doubt about that. This game will prepare both teams for their district and the playoffs.

So you and garciap77 are guaranteeing both Liberty Hill and
Wylie make the playoffs?:eek:

:D :evillol: :D

LH Panther Mom
08-30-2008, 11:21 AM
How about a M&G?
:eek: :eek: You didn't get the invite from nobogey? We're ALL invited to his house for blackened prime rib, lobster tails with a garlic butter sauce, escargot (BLYEK), roasted new potatoes, sauteed mushrooms and salmon caught the morning of, & flown in from Alaska the afternoon of, the game.

Dessert will be NY cheesecake (again, flown in from NY). Entertainment will be provided by Mars candies, as they are shipping 100 lbs of Milk Duds to throw at bogey's wife's crack. :D

garciap77
08-30-2008, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
So you and garciap77 are guaranteeing both Liberty Hill and
Wylie make the playoffs?:eek:

:D :evillol: :D

Nothing is Guaranteed, after what happened to Snyder!:D

But, YES!:D

garciap77
08-30-2008, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
:eek: :eek: You didn't get the invite from nobogey? We're ALL invited to his house for blackened prime rib, lobster tails with a garlic butter sauce, escargot (BLYEK), roasted new potatoes, sauteed mushrooms and salmon caught the morning of, & flown in from Alaska the afternoon of, the game.

Dessert will be NY cheesecake (again, flown in from NY). Entertainment will be provided by Mars candies, as they are shipping 100 lbs of Milk Duds to throw at bogey's wife's crack. :D

That's a trick! Don't go!:D :D :D

P.S. I just want it to be a fair game!;)

Z motion 10 out on 2
08-30-2008, 11:26 AM
Abilene Wylie 14, Vernon 6

Abilene Wylie Vernon

18 First Downs 14

28-204 Yards Rushing 43-195

93 Yards Passing 14

10-19-3 Comp/Att/Int 3-10-0

2-34 Punts-Average 5-32.4

0-0 Fumbles Lost 3-1

6-33 Yards Penalized 5-30

garciap77
08-30-2008, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom

Forget what I said on the last post! Just got a call from nogogey, I forgot we were suppose to go get the stuff for the M&G today! Sorry! Everthing is still on! It's all good!:D :D :D

garciap77
08-30-2008, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by Z motion 10 out on 2
Abilene Wylie 14, Vernon 6

Abilene Wylie Vernon

18 First Downs 14

28-204 Yards Rushing 43-195

93 Yards Passing 14

10-19-3 Comp/Att/Int 3-10-0

2-34 Punts-Average 5-32.4

0-0 Fumbles Lost 3-1

6-33 Yards Penalized 5-30

It was a lot closer than the score!

Z motion 10 out on 2
08-30-2008, 11:34 AM
Vernon missed some opportunities like being at the 5 yard line with 30 second left in the half -- not being able to punch it in and then missing a field goal. We also missing an extra point -- looks like we need a kicker.

Down by 8, late in the game, the Lion defense had Wylie deep in their own territory (8 yard line I believe) but failed to stop them and the Wylie offense runs off 7 minutes and goes the length of the field to close off the game.

After reading and hearing about how young Vernon is this year, I think we will be ok. Our teams in Vernon have peaked at the right times under Coach Hall.

Wylie is a class program and to be in a competitive game with them makes me feel much better. I would have loved a win but a close game makes me at least feel like we will have a good team this year -- particularly if Wylie can hold its own against Liberty Hill next week.

Vernon hasn't got much mention this year so this competitive game against Wylie gives me re-assurance for a great season.

WylieBulldog92
08-30-2008, 05:01 PM
If you watched the JV game thursday night I definitely can say some of those kids seemed to have better hands than some of the receivers on varsity.

slingshot
08-30-2008, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by WylieBulldog92
If you watched the JV game thursday night I definitely can say some of those kids seemed to have better hands than some of the receivers on varsity. ...I think a couple of the Freshman recievers had better hands. (J/K--my son is a reciever on the Freshman team;) ). They'll be just fine--just got to get this first game under there belts, remember to look the ball all the way in and not look off at the defender at the last second (got to catch the ball before you can run with it!) and Matt was a little too ampted in the 1st half, he can put more touch on the ball--kid has a great arm, just hard not to zip it in there when you are pumped on your 1st start. I thought overall we did OK, line looked better than I expected, backs ran hard in Chance's absence and the defense did well...

footballmom
08-30-2008, 06:15 PM
well.... we did a great job holding them from scoring the big 20 points everyone predicted. our team still has a few things to work on but our defense looked really good compared to our size this year . they really stepped up when they needed to. GREAT JOB GUYS !!!!! our offense looked really good too, Ryan needs more guys to block for him. Kyle did a great job for his first year at fullback, Detrian did a good job getting those interceptions way to go!! all i can say is guys keep on getting better you guys are GREAT!!!!

Dominicfrank
08-30-2008, 08:07 PM
This is the kind of crap that makes me mad. Wylie was defintley the better team ? First I dont agree, it was the first game of the season and Vernon could have easily won that game. Second, have some tact, you can think that if you want but what do you get out of saying it on this post? Vernon is a very young team especially at QB but from what I hear he has a shot to be real good and until Wylie can stop the up the middle fullback draw I wouldnt be screaming from the mountain tops on how much better Wylie is than anyone. Echols dominated your defensive line all night.

You did do one good thing by saying that, I know desperatley want Wylie in the playoffs for another shot after these kids of ours have their usual late season push.

Z motion 10 out on 2
08-30-2008, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by Dominicfrank
This is the kind of crap that makes me mad. Wylie was defintley the better team ? First I dont agree, it was the first game of the season and Vernon could have easily won that game. Second, have some tact, you can think that if you want but what do you get out of saying it on this post? Vernon is a very young team especially at QB but from what I hear he has a shot to be real good and until Wylie can stop the up the middle fullback draw I wouldnt be screaming from the mountain tops on how much better Wylie is than anyone. Echols dominated your defensive line all night.

You did do one good thing by saying that, I know desperatley want Wylie in the playoffs for another shot after these kids of ours have their usual late season push.

I agree that the comment made by the Wylie poster was not made with tact. Having said that Wylie was better. Give them credit. But Vernon was competitive and missed some opportunities that could have made it interesting. I agree with you Dominicfrank Vernon will improve with time and we should have a great year.

lion75
08-30-2008, 09:43 PM

Just got back from Vernon. Wylie was no doubt the better team. But just too many mistakes made this........ No class.

IHStangFan
08-30-2008, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by lion75
No class. what's classless about that?....if they were in fact the better team, then where is the harm in saying so?

Remember though, it's early, some teams will have some rust to knock off before things really start to click for them, so don't worry too much. Vernon will be fine I suspect.

lion75
08-30-2008, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
what's classless about that?....if they were in fact the better team, then where is the harm in saying so?

Remember though, it's early, some teams will have some rust to knock off before things really start to click for them, so don't worry too much. Vernon will be fine I suspect. It's kinda like poeple coming back from a loss to Burk with all kinds of excuses about injured players and bad officiating. Or talking about how SW "dominated" Vernon in a scrimmage in which Vernon scrambled all kinds of young players in with the first team to see who can contribute. There is a way to win with class and lose with class. Most of the people on this site understand that. Most of the posters from Wylie and Sweetwater understand and exibit that kind of class on a regular basis, so I don't mean to lash out at them. There are just a small few from a lot of towns that don't get it. Do you ever hear of anyone from Celina running home from a game to hop on the "Downlow" to say "Oh, we were so much better than them?" Of course not. They don't have to. Like them or not, they usually win with class.

IHStangFan
08-30-2008, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by lion75
It's kinda like poeple coming back from a loss to Burk with all kinds of excuses about injured players and bad officiating. Or talking about how SW "dominated" Vernon in a scrimmage in which Vernon scrambled all kinds of young players in with the first team to see who can contribute. There is a way to win with class and lose with class. Most of the people on this site understand that. Most of the posters from Wylie and Sweetwater understand and exibit that kind of class on a regular basis, so I don't mean to lash out at them. There are just a small few from a lot of towns that don't get it. Do you ever hear of anyone from Celina running home from a game to hop on the "Downlow" to say "Oh, we were so much better than them?" Of course not. They don't have to. Like them or not, they usually win with class. oh I definitely hear and agree with what you are saying, I just didn't think THAT particular post really went that direction, maybe I missed something. But you are right, the majority of fans/teams here that are good, don't have to remind everyone else every 20 seconds. So I know where you're coming from. On the flip side of that, you have your teams/fans that year after year like to talk about how good they're gonna be...only to be...well...average. You name the flavor here on the DL, we have it, LOL

lion75
08-30-2008, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
oh I definitely hear and agree with what you are saying, I just didn't think THAT particular post really went that direction, maybe I missed something. But you are right, the majority of fans/teams here that are good, don't have to remind everyone else every 20 seconds. So I know where you're coming from. On the flip side of that, you have your teams/fans that year after year like to talk about how good they're gonna be...only to be...well...average. You name the flavor here on the DL, we have it, LOL yes, we do

michaelp23
08-30-2008, 10:10 PM

Didn't mean to ruffle your feathers there dude. My point was this:

Despite the close score, it never felt like Wylie was in danger of losing or that Vernon was doing something Wylie couldn't handle. Watching a game live, one can get a feel for momentum and if one team is in the other's head. Wylie never looked worried, never really played on their heals, and seemed to have that look of confidence that they could handle what Vernon was offering.

That doesn't take away from what Vernon did. You'll have a good team this year and should win some playof games. It's just that I've witnessed close games like this before where I've had an uneasy feeling about the outcome. I never had that feeling during this game. It seemed to me like Wylie was hurting themselves as much as Vernon was hurting them.

It was a sloppy game for both teams, and both will no doubt improve. Good luck to you guys, hope you have a great season. Sorry, but I doubt we'll see you in the playoffs as we'll be D1 and you'll most likely be D2. Guess you'll have to wait until next year for your revenge because of my remark.

lion75
08-30-2008, 10:14 PM
Didn't mean to ruffle your feathers there dude. My point was this:

Despite the close score, it never felt like Wylie was in danger of losing or that Vernon was doing something Wylie couldn't handle. Watching a game live, one can get a feel for momentum and if one team is in the other's head. Wylie never looked worried, never really played on their heals, and seemed to have that look of confidence that they could handle what Vernon was offering.

That doesn't take away from what Vernon did. You'll have a good team this year and should win some playof games. It's just that I've witnessed close games like this before where I've had an uneasy feeling about the outcome. I never had that feeling during this game. It seemed to me like Wylie was hurting themselves as much as Vernon was hurting them.

It was a sloppy game for both teams, and both will no doubt improve. Good luck to you guys, hope you have a great season. Sorry, but I doubt we'll see you in the playoffs as we'll be D1 and you'll most likely be D2. Guess you'll have to wait until next year for your revenge because of my remark. No, problem. By coming on to clarify, in my mind you have exibited some class.

slingshot
08-30-2008, 10:26 PM
This is the kind of crap that makes me mad. Wylie was defintley the better team ? First I dont agree, it was the first game of the season and Vernon could have easily won that game.... Dude, don't get your panties all in a wad... the post was not intended as a slap or a disrespectful statement to anyone. It was simply his view of the game. Wylie played way less than their best without their top back against a talented opponent in a hostile environment and still came away with a win... those are facts--one and all. Ya'll have a very young team that will improve as the year goes on, we had better improve very quickly or Liberty Hill, Frenship, La Vega, Brownwood, et al will hand us our arse. As for your comment about wanting to see us again in the playoffs--that would indeed be cool. All the Vernon people I talked with were very friendly and the players were very respectful on the field, a rematch would be great.

garciap77
08-30-2008, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by footballmom
well.... we did a great job holding them from scoring the big 20 points everyone predicted. our team still has a few things to work on but our defense looked really good compared to our size this year . they really stepped up when they needed to. GREAT JOB GUYS !!!!! our offense looked really good too, Ryan needs more guys to block for him. Kyle did a great job for his first year at fullback, Detrian did a good job getting those interceptions way to go!! all i can say is guys keep on getting better you guys are GREAT!!!!

Well.... Not everyone!

This will be a close game. Wylie by 7.

Game could of gone either way! Both teams will adjust. I see both teams making a good run in the playoffs! Good luck the rest of the season!:)

STANG RED
08-31-2008, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by slingshot
Dude, don't get your panties all in a wad... the post was not intended as a slap or a disrespectful statement to anyone. It was simply his view of the game. Wylie played way less than their best without their top back against a talented opponent in a hostile environment and still came away with a win... those are facts--one and all. Ya'll have a very young team that will improve as the year goes on, we had better improve very quickly or Liberty Hill, Frenship, La Vega, Brownwood, et al will hand us our arse. As for your comment about wanting to see us again in the playoffs--that would indeed be cool. All the Vernon people I talked with were very friendly and the players were very respectful on the field, a rematch would be great.

Just a little inside info I think you'll find useful.
Unless you come on here and state that Vernon is the best football program in the history Texas High School Football, and that no other team should even be mentioned in the same breath, you will find that Dominicfrank's panties will get all bunched up.;)

Dominicfrank
09-01-2008, 01:59 PM
Stang Red, Thanks for that comment, shows your true colors. I am a Vernon homer for sure, I just dont think a 14-6 game can have a "no doubt" better team. Michael's rebuttle was alright, I disagree witha few things but you can boil those down to both being homers. Vernoon and Wylie have far more than football in common, we have good solid 10+ years in other sports so when I hint of disrespect or elitism I get a little defensive. Peace out!

DaHop72
09-01-2008, 03:36 PM
Stang Red, Thanks for that comment, shows your true colors. I am a Vernon homer for sure, I just dont think a 14-6 game can have a "no doubt" better team. Michael's rebuttle was alright, I disagree witha few things but you can boil those down to both being homers. Vernoon and Wylie have far more than football in common, we have good solid 10+ years in other sports so when I hint of disrespect or elitism I get a little defensive. Peace out! Sorry Frankie, Stang Red is right as he and I have witness this from you multiple times. You talk alot but can't ever seem to make the game. At least this Wylie poster was there and witnessed the game first hand.

VERNONLION#1
09-01-2008, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
Sorry Frankie, Stang Red is right as he and I have witness this from you multiple times. You talk alot but can't ever seem to make the game. At least this Wylie poster was there and witnessed the game first hand.
LMAO!!! DaHop you hit the nail on the head. This fellow didnt even play during HS and it amazes me how he claims to know so much about Vernon football. :rolleyes:

nobogey72
09-02-2008, 06:58 AM
I came away from that that game feeling like #46 for Vernon was a stud. We haven't stopped him yet. I was just glad that for some reason, they didn't want him carrying the ball all that much. He looks like a possible D1 or DII fullback for a team that likes to run the I. If he hadn't had to play defense also, it would have been ugly. I hope that's the last 245# fullback we see this year that can run.

Dominicfrank
09-02-2008, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by DaHop72
Sorry Frankie, Stang Red is right as he and I have witness this from you multiple times. You talk alot but can't ever seem to make the game. At least this Wylie poster was there and witnessed the game first hand.

Really ? I make as many games as I can and if you notice I didnt say anything about being at the game. I simply said that a 14-6 game can't have a "no doubt" better team. I would also add that on the first game of the season it is hard, if not impossible, to determine if a team is better than the other if the score is only 14-6. It's not like I am the only one who took his comment like that.

BTW- I have made all of the Vernon vs Sweetwater playoff games over the past few years.

Z motion 10 out on 2
09-02-2008, 10:13 AM
Really ? I make as many games as I can and if you notice I didnt say anything about being at the game. I simply said that a 14-6 game can't have a "no doubt" better team. I would also add that on the first game of the season it is hard, if not impossible, to determine if a team is better than the other if the score is only 14-6. It's not like I am the only one who took his comment like that.

BTW- I have made all of the Vernon vs Sweetwater playoff games over the past few years.

I agree that the "no doubt" better team comment was not needed -- I took it as arrogance by the poster. So what -- lets move forward.

Dominicfrank
09-02-2008, 11:53 AM
Good idea. Altus any good this year ?

Originally posted by Z motion 10 out on 2
I agree that the "no doubt" better team comment was not needed -- I took it as arrogance by the poster. So what -- lets move forward.

fury900
09-02-2008, 09:55 PM
Good idea. Artus any good this year ?

Ratings
2007 Final Power Rating: -1.8
2007 National Rank: #8458
2007 State Rank: #140
Off-Season Rating Adjustment: --
2008 Starting Power Rating: -1.7
2008 National Rank: #8423
2008 State Rank: #144