PDA

View Full Version : Cuero 46 Beeville 14

CueroDad08
08-29-2008, 11:11 PM
This was a game that was hyped the be a battle upfront, With 7 starters back from a 4A Qtr. Final team. They (Beeville) were completely over powered on both sides of the ball upfront. Great game Gobblers. Again lots of weapons to spread all over the field.

CueroDad08
08-29-2008, 11:29 PM
Rio Hondo:) :) :p :D

KingRob
08-30-2008, 01:35 AM
Beeville had to be stunned. Sounds like Cuero really handed them a big loss. Were there a lot of people there for both sides?

Great job Gobblers!:clap:

Boomer
08-30-2008, 01:40 AM
Originally posted by KingRob
Beeville had to be stunned. Sounds like Cuero really handed them a big loss. Were there a lot of people there for both sides?

Great job Gobblers!:clap:

Good croud from both sides. Beeville didn't know what hit em

Johnny 5
08-30-2008, 03:01 AM
we're next :eek: :hairpunk:

CueroDad08
08-30-2008, 06:03 AM
Originally posted by Johnny 5
we're next :eek: :hairpunk:

Good game to see just who has the Best D

Johnny Utah
08-30-2008, 08:56 AM
Depending on Divisions....Bellville vs. Cuero for Region 4 championship, I would buy a TICKET to see it!!!

LH Panther Mom
08-30-2008, 09:04 AM
Congrats, Gobblers! :clap:

Nursebetty
08-30-2008, 09:08 AM
Way to go MEAN GREEN! Next up.............Rio Hondo! :)

LHexPlayer
08-30-2008, 10:07 AM
Nice job Gobblers. Go mean green.

Phil C
08-30-2008, 10:10 AM
Lucky for Cuero they won't have to play The Howling Bear!

Footballhudini
08-30-2008, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by Phil C

Well... maybe not in the regular season...

CueroDad08
08-30-2008, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by Phil C

"Yea lucky for Cuero"
I am sure West Oso would show Cuero so much speed and size, and really learn how to play at a whole nother leval.

sinfan75
08-30-2008, 07:04 PM
I figured it would be a closegame but when I read how much they lost from last year I knew Cuero would win big. Congrats to the Gobblers

OnceABucJr
08-30-2008, 07:56 PM
And BPhill C pulls in a nother one!

Boomer
08-31-2008, 12:57 AM
Can't wait to see if Rio Hondo can handle Cuero's offense. This should be a closer game than Beeville, I hope. I heard Rio Hondo's defense is good.

headhunter
08-31-2008, 01:16 PM
Very impressed with Cuero, they made a good, solid Beeville team look bad. Beeville is a good team and will make the playoffs, but they have to let their 4th yr starter lead a little more. They ran some stupid plays and need to get out of that stupid formation.

The one thing that Cuero has that Beeville could not practice against was team speed and it showed.

SintonFan_inAustin
08-31-2008, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by Boomer
Can't wait to see if Rio Hondo can handle Cuero's offense. This should be a closer game than Beeville, I hope. I heard Rio Hondo's defense is good. Rio Hondo has some speed on defense but not enough as Cuero will display and Gobblers size will be a factor also.

Blastoderm55
08-31-2008, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by headhunter
Very impressed with Cuero, they made a good, solid Beeville team look bad. Beeville is a good team and will make the playoffs, but they have to let their 4th yr starter lead a little more. They ran some stupid plays and need to get out of that stupid formation.

Which formation do you speak of? The slot t or the spread? The offense moved well out of the slot, but penalties and turnovers killed drives. The spread didn't work as well with as many dropped balls as there were. Plus, there was no advantage in spreading out Cuero's athletes because they had a definitive advantage in terms of speed and athleticism.

headhunter
08-31-2008, 07:22 PM
So I guess you think handing off to the fullback on 4th and 7 is a good call. Get real man! Beeville has some athletes and they should spread the field a little more, I am not saying to abandon the run but Beeville has a 4th yr starter at QB, let him manage the game and put the ball in his hands more. Allow him to get the ball to play makers in the open field. Let him make some passes. I do not think they threw enough. However, don't get real bent out of shape. Beeville is a good solid football team and will be successful this year. Cuero just has a lot of team speed and that is what made it difficult for Beeville to execute.

GreenMachine
08-31-2008, 08:28 PM
I'm pretty sure that Rio Hondo will not be able to make it a game against the Gobblers. Cuero is just too dominating :eek: ;)

Blastoderm55
09-01-2008, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by headhunter
So I guess you think handing off to the fullback on 4th and 7 is a good call. Get real man! Beeville has some athletes and they should spread the field a little more, I am not saying to abandon the run but Beeville has a 4th yr starter at QB, let him manage the game and put the ball in his hands more. Allow him to get the ball to play makers in the open field. Let him make some passes. I do not think they threw enough. However, don't get real bent out of shape. Beeville is a good solid football team and will be successful this year. Cuero just has a lot of team speed and that is what made it difficult for Beeville to execute.

That was pretty much my point.

Johnny Utah
09-01-2008, 11:51 AM
Spread/slot t worked for Beeville last year. I am sure the coaches know what they are doing over there.