View Full Version : Lockhart 29 La Grange 14

Pudlugger
08-29-2008, 10:30 PM
6 turnovers and a blocked punt. Nuff said.:(

HEMOTOXIC
08-29-2008, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by Pudlugger

Its early. I still like the Leps to compete for a playoff spot...

CueroDad08
08-29-2008, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by Pudlugger

I told you all during the week, Lockhart's D would win a few games. Wow 6 TO's

buff4ever
08-29-2008, 11:26 PM
how many of the 6 were int's vs fumbles.

INT's are killer in a spread offense like LG's.

Pudlugger
08-29-2008, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by buff4ever
how many of the 6 were int's vs fumbles.

INT's are killer in a spread offense like LG's.

3 fumbles one coming at the end of a 50 yard pass play to the 5 and another following a 20 yard run. 3 interceptions one coming after a long drive to the 2. Blocked punt in the endzone for a safety in first quarter. Man was it painful to watch. Hope they get it together because they are much better than this.

On a positive note the D had two great goal line stands.

buff4ever
08-30-2008, 12:17 AM
I would like to see the stats on the game, It is possible that rushing and passing yards could be in LG's favor in a game like this. But with that many turnovers and a safety, you can fall pretty far back even if you are out playing your opponent. Is this the case tonite?

Pudlugger
08-30-2008, 08:32 AM
Yeah I'm pretty sure the Leps had more total yards if not more 1st downs(several long runs and long pass completions). Lockhart protected the football weel and had a decent running attack and ground out yardage.

The Leps are a very young team with several sophomores and mostly juniors starting. Hopefully by district they will be salty enough to win a few big games. Both qbs impressed on several running plays and when they settle down on the passing game and avoid the picks they will be very effective. Lockhart's pass defense was pretty good last night.

Hopefully they have gotten their "bad game" out of their system going forward to Yoakum next Friday.

Additup
08-30-2008, 01:46 PM
Most powerful stat aside from the scoreboard is turnover margin -not total yards, time of possesion or first downs.

I once had it explained to me this way - stats are for losers. Over the years, it seems to hold up.

buff4ever
08-30-2008, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by Additup
Most powerful stat aside from the scoreboard is turnover margin -not total yards, time of possesion or first downs.

I once had it explained to me this way - stats are for losers. Over the years, it seems to hold up.

No one said who was better last night. I am just wondering how LG is shaping up as the year goes. If they correct their turnover issue, I was just wondering how they looked. WOW?!;)

Pudlugger
08-30-2008, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by Additup

I'm not trying to put lipstick on a pig here. Another poster asked me a question and I answered it. Of course the only important stat is the final score. Sheese!:rolleyes:

footballguru
08-30-2008, 03:47 PM
la Grange had 6 fumbles and lost two of them and they had 3 interceptions. They will have to overcome the fact that every one of their starters on offense played on the JV last year except for one of the qb's was a backup on the varsity. They probable had close to 500 yards of offense and managed only 14 points. The young kids better hurry up and get tused to the varsity or it will be a long year. The defense was good the first half and then got worn down in the second half and gave up some big plays.

TRENCHES06
08-30-2008, 06:17 PM
Close to 425 yards of offense.
Junior quarterback had 100 yards rushing and almost 150 yards passing and both TD's.

This years team is young but ready to bust out offensively if they can hold on to the football. PLUS, they have another great reciever who will be back very soon.

footballguru
08-30-2008, 07:13 PM
How do you have the stats trenches, they were not in any newspaper? I tried to find them. Maybe you are an inside guy.

TRENCHES06
08-30-2008, 11:53 PM
A parent

nunya
08-31-2008, 01:28 AM
1. Bellville (by a mile and a half)
2. Giddings (competitive)
3. Smithville (that's right, you heard it here)

buff4life
08-31-2008, 01:52 AM
Originally posted by nunya
1. Bellville (by a mile and a half)
2. Giddings (competitive)
3. Smithville (that's right, you heard it here)

i don't think you have any of those three right, in the correct order, OR reasoning...

nunya
08-31-2008, 02:02 AM
Originally posted by buff4life
i don't think you have any of those three right, in the correct order, OR reasoning...

From your posts on here, you seem to think you're quite the expert. I think in more than 50 years of life and having watched at least 110 playoff games, I'm pretty informed, homer.

If you think Giddings is better than Bellville, you're in for a severely rude awakening. This isn't the Bellville you're hoping for. Nunn's level this year will leave you with little more than a shell of a hazy memory from years gone by.

TRENCHES06
08-31-2008, 09:03 AM
Bellville is certainly impressive so far. I'd put them as the district favorite with Sealy, Giddings, and La Grange battling for the other two spots.

duke55
08-31-2008, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by TRENCHES06
Bellville is certainly impressive so far. I'd put them as the district favorite with Sealy, Giddings, and La Grange battling for the other two spots.

No la grange wont