PDA

View Full Version : Pilot Point 34 TCA 22

PPHSfan
09-21-2002, 12:16 AM
Well it wasn't the 49-17 I wanted but it was a much needed win. I'll take it.

The One
09-21-2002, 12:19 AM
Thats pretty close, how did yall play? Trying to adjust offensively without Salas?

Congrats on the Win!

slpybear the bullfan
PPHSfan,

How did the offense play without Salas? Was that big ol Fullback able to pick up some of the load? What about the tall receiver (85?)

slpybear

sinton66
Now you sound like me (teehee) a W is a W! http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/wink.gif

PPHSfan
09-21-2002, 12:27 AM
Coach Moore moved QB #5 Josh Lablanc into Sammys Position and he played pretty well. Joe Calhoun played QB almost the entire game and with his arm we were able to open the runnig game up because of the pass threat. We came out like gang busters scoring right away capitalizing on a turnover and putting 14 on the board in the first seven min, but then we had several big plays by special teams called back bye the zebras, and kinda fizzled in the first half. TCA came back with two touchdowns and a safety and were up at the half 16-14 (sound familiar?). Second half was PP. Touchdown on a pass to Mario Castillo #88 on first play from scrimage, then the defense went to work. We put two more TD's in the books before the game was over and TCA scored on a late drive. We had two punt returns and a kickoff return by Mario Castillo #88 of over 75 yrds each called back. All in all PP did like they always do and never gave up till the final gunshot. Did we play like a team that is gonna win alot of games this week? Well we did for about 2 1/2 quarters. But after last week I am just happy to get out with a win. We have BYE next week and are favored to win by 35 I think. After that its homecoming against Lake Dallas, then we gotta be ready for Gainsville and Celina back to back. Crossing my fingers and hoping Coach Moore can have us ready.

[This message has been edited by PPHSfan (edited September 21, 2002).]

The One
09-21-2002, 12:31 AM
Congrats on a good win for your club PPHSfan, Let us know about Lake Dallas we have them later in the year. We will do the same with Gainesville.

PPHSfan
09-21-2002, 12:50 AM
Sorry guys I forgot to mention Kyle Peacock #44 our big ole fullback. Yes slpy he had a great game, don't have the numbers yet but he really stood up to the challenge. I also dont want to forget about our big offensive line, the defense, and last but not least, special teams, PP played some good team ball for the most part tonight. Way to go boys.

Pudlugger
09-21-2002, 06:31 AM
Great win PPHSfan, congratulations to Pilot Point! Wow, 3 long tds called back! Was it holding or blocking in the back? You hate to see those calls when a kid breaks one open, but I guess the Refs feel like they have to call 'em as they see 'em. I bet there will be some drills on special team blocking next week at PP. Good luck the rest of the way!

BullsFan
09-22-2002, 03:09 PM
Congrats on the win, PPHS!