PDA

View Full Version : Wimberley vs Luling

gold_33
08-29-2008, 09:06 PM
34-0 at half. Texans.

wimbo_pro
08-29-2008, 09:35 PM
YEAH!!! Wish i could have been there...didnt get in till late today.

gold_33
08-29-2008, 09:57 PM
Still 34-0 in 4th qtr with Wimberley driving. Starters were rested after a couple of 2nd half series with 2nd and 3rd string playing now.

gold_33
08-29-2008, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
YEAH!!! Wish i could have been there...didnt get in till late today.

Yeah I had to go out of town so I didnt get to make it tonight, have my uncle keepin me updated though. First opener I've missed in a long time. From what I was told it sounds like we were pretty solid on both sides, the freshman running back had 2 scores tonight so not a bad varsity debut.

IHStangFan
08-29-2008, 10:03 PM
whats the word...are the Texans gonna be back this year??

gold_33
08-29-2008, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
whats the word...are the Texans gonna be back this year??

I think we'll be pretty solid. We're loaded with juniors and sophs with a freshman RB so it will all depend on how fast they pick everything up and adjust to being on varsity. Lots of talent, just some inexperience but I think we will be fine. I think we're still a year away from being a legit state contender but there is some talent on the rise and should bring us back to the top.

TexanAlum_06
08-29-2008, 10:49 PM
Made the trip to luling tonight. I was very impressed. We are farther along as a team now then we were when we lost to cuero in the playoffs last year. thats for sure. Offense looked good, executed well. Scudder looked very good passing the ball. for the most part made good decisions. he had 2 int's one on a busted screen play that a defensive end read and intercepted and the other was a beautiful pass that hit the WR right in the chest and bounced off and the safety intercepted. so that one wasnt his fault. defense looked pretty good, i think they forced 4 fumbles (1 ran back for a TD) and laid some pretty good hits. got a good pash rush. we had a few problems containing the outside run but luling had a pretty good RB that could make some moves. as far as the freshmen RB. WOW, this kid is pretty impressive. from the looks I would say hes 6'1 and about 200-205. he didnt really get the ball that much tonight but he made good use of his touches. it took 3 or 4 guys to bring him down. he has some wheels and moves thats for sure. you can tell hes raw though but he will get a lot better as the season goes on and he gains experience. the offensive game plan was pretty basic, nothing flashy. we had 2 or 3 length of the field drives were we really got into a rhythm which was good. usually our offense takes 2-3 games before they find a rhythm and they didnt sputter much tonight. Solid game on both sides of the ball. who do we have next week?

wimbo_pro
08-29-2008, 10:55 PM
It doesnt matter!!! We are gonna win state!!!!!

Ok, I feel better now...sorry.

SintonFan
08-29-2008, 10:57 PM
So....
anyone have a final score?
:sleeping:

TexanAlum_06
08-29-2008, 11:03 PM
I dont know what the final was. I left with 10 minutes to go in the 4th and it was still 34-0.

TexanAlum_06
08-29-2008, 11:13 PM
news8austin.com has 40-0 Wimberley Final