PDA

View Full Version : Chad Johnson.....no more!!!!!

Old Tiger
08-29-2008, 12:57 PM
http://myespn.go.com/blogs/nflnation/0-1-431/Johnson--Bengals-getting-more-zany-.html

If the Cincinnati Bengals' offseason couldn't get any more strange, Pro Bowl receiver Chad Johnson may have added a new chapter just before the regular season.

According to Miami radio station 790 The Ticket, which is in Johnson's hometown, the receiver has legally changed his last name to "Ocho Cinco." Johnson's -- sorry -- Ocho Cinco's reported name change has been rumored in NFL circles for weeks, and according to the station today, it's official.

Johnson forewarned the public that a major surprise was coming during a recent interview with Chris McKendry on ESPN's SportsCenter.

"A lot of people look at Chad Johnson and say he's crazy and he does a lot of stuff, but I don't think people really understand how smart I really am," Johnson said. "So come Sept. 7, I believe when we play the Baltimore Ravens, I think that's the game, there's a surprise for everybody -- for everybody. When I say something, it is what it is, just enjoy it. Because it's going to last 16 weeks, plus some more."

Could this be it? If the report is correct he should be able to wear his nickname on the back of his jersey without penalty, which he's wanted to do for quite some time.

The media also would have to refer to him as Chad Ocho Cinco from this point on.

Sounds a little strange, but nothing is too outlandish for No. 85 or the Bengals these days.

Stay tuned.

AWESOME!!!! CHAD OCHO CINCO!!!!

JR2004
08-29-2008, 12:59 PM
Take that Roger Goodell! This is too funny...He may be a prima donna, but he's a funny one.

Pick6
08-29-2008, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
When I say something, it is what it is,

Kind of like when he says that he will never play for Cincinnati again. :rolleyes:

STANG RED
08-29-2008, 01:05 PM
Think I'll just call him "El Stupido". Fits better.;)

pirate4state
08-29-2008, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
Take that Roger Goodell! This is too funny...He may be a prima donna, but he's a funny one. :iagree:

jason
08-29-2008, 01:10 PM
geez i thought this was the thread saying he was sitting out the year because of his shoulder - he is my top receiver on my fantasy team....

Lion_Addict
08-29-2008, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by jason
geez i thought this was the thread saying he was sitting out the year because of his shoulder - he is my top receiver on my fantasy team....

LMAO! :clap: Same here!!

Old Tiger
08-29-2008, 01:16 PM
I can't wait till they switch it over on the players pages and websites.

"Chad Ocho Cinco"

http://www.youtube.com/v/ifeJ_3NA6IU&hl=en&fs=1

classic

forum_guy
08-29-2008, 02:07 PM
this is awesome

Necks_Fan
08-29-2008, 02:10 PM
This is SWEET!

LMAO @ Chad Ocho Cinco!

BreckTxLonghorn
08-29-2008, 02:21 PM
Does anyone else think it'd be hilarious if he was traded to a team where the number was already taken he had to wear #82?

Old Tiger
08-29-2008, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn
Does anyone else think it'd be hilarious if he was traded to a team where the number was already taken he had to wear #82? he'd probably buy the #

Farmersfan
08-29-2008, 02:31 PM
That would be hilarious. But what he doesn't realize is he just made it twice as hard for him to refer to himself in the 3rd person................

Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn
Does anyone else think it'd be hilarious if he was traded to a team where the number was already taken he had to wear #82?

Z motion 10 out on 2
08-29-2008, 04:58 PM
I love it -- just remember there is a way around anything!

Matthew328
08-29-2008, 05:13 PM
greatness

JR2004
09-04-2008, 04:45 PM
By the NFL...Man oh man this is too funny. Seems they had no choice, but to recognize his new last name...lol.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/football/nfl/specials/preview/2008/09/04/ocho.cinco.ap/index.html

navscanmaster
09-04-2008, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
By the NFL...Man oh man this is too funny. Seems they had no choice, but to recognize his new last name...lol.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/football/nfl/specials/preview/2008/09/04/ocho.cinco.ap/index.html

It will be funny for about the first half of the season. The best part will be watching the commentators and sportscenter crew goof it up all the time.

Pick6
09-04-2008, 04:55 PM
This just strikes me as his ego is getting to big. I would rather have my family's name on my jersey than something made up. But that's just my opinion.

Maroon87
09-04-2008, 04:58 PM
The guy needs to play ball. Period.

Old Tiger
09-04-2008, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
The guy needs to play ball. Period. He has been playing ball...
http://www.nfl.com/players/chadjohnson/profile?id=JOH104425

Old Tiger
09-04-2008, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by Pick6
This just strikes me as his ego is getting to big. I would rather have my family's name on my jersey than something made up. But that's just my opinion. it's just a jab at the league/bengals organization

Necks_Fan
09-04-2008, 05:04 PM
I wonder if and when he has kids and a wife..... he might already have a family....... if he changed their names to "ocho cinco" too?

Haha! That would be hilarious for him to have a kid and go to skool named whatever ocho cinco..

buff4ever
09-04-2008, 05:05 PM
I got TJ what's his name on by fantasy team, so I hope ocho cinco gets little time in the end zone.

crzyjournalist03
09-04-2008, 05:05 PM
So what happens if a player wants to change his name legally to something offensive in the next couple of years? Do they put that on the back of the jersey too?

Old Tiger
09-04-2008, 05:06 PM
TJ whosyourmama

and

Chad Ocho Cinco :D

Maroon87
09-04-2008, 05:17 PM
He has been playing ball...
http://www.nfl.com/players/chadjohnson/profile?id=JOH104425

I think you know what I mean.

Today I also heard he says he's going to get Bart Scott of the Ravens on Sunday. He said Scott cussed at him for trying to get in the Ravens huddle or something.

He's lucky he only got cussed at.

Don't get me wrong....great player but come on. Enough's enough.

Pick6
09-04-2008, 05:18 PM
it's just a jab at the league/bengals organization

So he's taking a shot at people that has paid him millions of dollars? He needs to learn the meaning of respect if that's the case.

Farmersfan
09-04-2008, 05:21 PM
It would be hilarious if the league said that since the name was not hypenated then Cinco was all he could have on his jersey. Then it could represent his IQ or his mental maturity level.......

Old Tiger
09-04-2008, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
It would be hilarious if the league said that since the name was not hypenated then Cinco was all he could have on his jersey. Then it could represent his IQ or his mental maturity level....... You people are too anal....its funny on so many levels yet you all have to find something to b!@#$ about

Pick6
09-04-2008, 05:25 PM
You people are too anal....its funny on so many levels yet you all have to find something to b!@#$ about

Show me one level that it's funny on.

Necks_Fan
09-04-2008, 05:26 PM
You people are too anal....its funny on so many levels yet you all have to find something to b!@#$ about I agree. I think it is SO funny.

I was talking to some of my friends about this and man we laughed about this for a good while...

Some folks just need to lighten up. Not everybody has their panties up their butt about everything like some on here.

Maroon87
09-04-2008, 05:26 PM
You people are too anal....its funny on so many levels yet you all have to find something to b!@#$ about

I'm just not a "look at me" guy I guess.

Old Tiger
09-04-2008, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
I'm just not a "look at me" guy I guess. ya you kick it old school :p

Keith7
09-04-2008, 05:29 PM
I find it funny too.. go to the Cincinnati Bengals website or Wikipedia and read some of the articles that mention chad, its hard to get past them calling him Ocho Cinco with out laughing

Old Tiger
09-04-2008, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
I find it funny too.. go to the Cincinnati Bengals website or Wikipedia and read some of the articles that mention chad, its hard to get past them calling him Ocho Cinco with out laughing go read the fantasy football updates they are hilarious

pirate4state
09-04-2008, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
So what happens if a player wants to change his name legally to something offensive in the next couple of years? Do they put that on the back of the jersey too? It would be up to the courts first and I doubt they'd allow someone to change their name to something offensive. That would open up a HUGE can of worms.

This is just funny. Ocho Cinco. Hey, he will probably only be in the league a few more years. I fully expect him to change his name back to Johnson once his playing days are over, but if he doesn't well...that's his prerogative.

Maroon87
09-04-2008, 06:34 PM
ya you kick it old school :p

I'm too old school to actually kick anything...;)

Farmersfan
09-05-2008, 06:12 AM
Is it really anal???? Or could it be that some of us have moved past the "Level" where this could possibly be considered funny?
It's called maturity.....................

bulldog64
09-05-2008, 07:50 AM
THE most Self-Serving player to ever put an NFL uniform on. He doesn`t want the team to win for the team,he wants to win so Ocho Cinco can be pattted ont the back and told how he is the greatest. Personally, I think he`s not even the most talented receiver on the team. T.J. is better and Chris Henry has more pure athleticism. He`s a big mouth that is worse of a cancer than T.O. ever had been. At least Owens problem was that the guys around him weren`t playing up to his standards and he wanted nothing more than to win. Ocho just wants publicity. He used to be funny, now he`s just a clown trying to be funny.

ronwx5x
09-05-2008, 07:59 AM
Show me one level that it's funny on.

You really mean other than an extremely childish one, right?:rolleyes:

pancho villa
09-05-2008, 08:48 AM
I am going to change my name to "Taco Bell" cause it is my favorite place to eat.

pirate4state
09-05-2008, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
Is it really anal???? Or could it be that some of us have moved past the "Level" where this could possibly be considered funny?
It's called maturity.....................

Maturity is overrated. :taunt: :taunt:

ronwx5x
09-05-2008, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Maturity is overrated. :taunt: :taunt:

Wow, who is keeping track of the ratings? How does maturity compare to other traits like irony, more overrated or less?

..............................:wave: :wave:.. ..........................

ILS1
09-05-2008, 10:39 AM
If you wanna get technical about it:

Ocho Cinco= Translated means Eight Five. His number is EIGHTY FIVE. So in all reality, his last name should be:

Ochenta y Cinco=Eighty Five

:D :D :D :D

warpig
09-05-2008, 10:52 AM
This guy is an IDIOT in every sense of the word. Although when they mike him up, he is pretty funny.

JR2004
09-05-2008, 01:03 PM

It's pretty comical to me. All he's doing is taking a shot at the worst run organization in the NFL (That's saying something when you are in a league with Arizona and Washington.) and having some fun at the expense of Goodell.

Bull Butter
09-05-2008, 01:21 PM
What would be real funny is that when the Bengals get tired of his act and trade him to a team that has a player that won't let him wear 85. Will he change his name again?

Old Tiger
09-05-2008, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by ILS1
If you wanna get technical about it:

Ocho Cinco= Translated means Eight Five. His number is EIGHTY FIVE. So in all reality, his last name should be:

Ochenta y Cinco=Eighty Five

:D :D :D :D Players mainly get called by their numbers like 8-5 you ready? not you ready 85 ;)

Old Tiger
09-05-2008, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by Bull Butter
What would be real funny is that when the Bengals get tired of his act and trade him to a team that has a player that won't let him wear 85. Will he change his name again? I wish he'd get traded to the Cowboys.....Terrell Owens and Ocho Cinco on the same field :eek:

Plus in the NFL you can buy #'s from other players ;)

bulldog64
09-05-2008, 01:36 PM
I hope he DOESN`T go to the boy`s because if they are good enough to win the SB, he`d say it was cause of him. He is overrated. Again, T.J. is the better all around receiver, but because he doesn`t draw attention to himself by doing the river dance, he doesn`t get the attention. He just does his job and shuts his mouth.

Pick6
09-05-2008, 01:37 PM
Players mainly get called by their numbers like 8-5 you ready? not you ready 85 ;)

maybe a few, but it sounds as if your just fishing for something to back up your argument :rolleyes:

Old Tiger
09-05-2008, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by bulldog64
I hope he DOESN`T go to the boy`s because if they are good enough to win the SB, he`d say it was cause of him. He is overrated. Again, T.J. is the better all around receiver, but because he doesn`t draw attention to himself by doing the river dance, he doesn`t get the attention. He just does his job and shuts his mouth. Is TJ really a better all around receiver or does he just take what he gets from the coverage of Ocho Cinco?

Old Tiger
09-05-2008, 01:38 PM
maybe a few, but it sounds as if your just fishing for something to back up your argument :rolleyes: Just quoting Mark Schlereth from NFL live

Pick6
09-05-2008, 01:40 PM
I hope he DOESN`T go to the boy`s because if they are good enough to win the SB, he`d say it was cause of him. He is overrated. Again, T.J. is the better all around receiver, but because he doesn`t draw attention to himself by doing the river dance, he doesn`t get the attention. He just does his job and shuts his mouth.

So true. Chad's only had one season with double digit touchdowns. He averages 1 touchdown to every 2.2 games. He is way over-rated.

Pick6
09-05-2008, 01:41 PM
Just quoting Mark Schlereth from NFL live

You mean the guy who's trading his jock for a role on a soap opera? :thinking:

trojan37
09-05-2008, 01:44 PM
Players like Emmitt and Barry Sanders who just played the game are the ones I remember the most and liked to watch. I quit watching the NFL because of dumb!#$* like this guy. A complete turnoff to football. Think about it - this is someone's son. How would you feel if your kid got to play on Sunday's and was out there pulling crap like this? My dad(may he rest in peace) would have knocked my teeth out! He has to be at the center of attention and can't stand the guy, no matter how good he is.

Old Tiger
09-05-2008, 01:47 PM
So true. Chad's only had one season with double digit touchdowns. He averages 1 touchdown to every 2.2 games. He is way over-rated. TJ has only had one season with double digit TDs

Chad has more catches and yards in each of their seasons together ;)

bulldog64
09-05-2008, 01:50 PM
True, so True. It`s a shame too, cause Carson Palmer is one of the elite QB`s in the league. I`m not saying Ocho`s not a very talented receiver, he is, but when you start talking more about his antics than his play, well. He`s been called by several nfl veterans and been told to tone it down and focus more on football. The river dance was funny, the resuciating the football was too, but the HOF 20?? was a disgrace to all those hall of famers out there. Him assuming he will make it. He won`t cause he doesn`t have his head in the game, he`s more worried about camera time than his team winning. He could be great, but his ego won`t let him get there.

Old Tiger
09-05-2008, 01:52 PM
True, so True. It`s a shame too, cause Carson Palmer is one of the elite QB`s in the league. I`m not saying Ocho`s not a very talented receiver, he is, but when you start talking more about his antics than his play, well. He`s been called by several nfl veterans and been told to tone it down and focus more on football. The river dance was funny, the resuciating the football was too, but the HOF 20?? was a disgrace to all those hall of famers out there. Him assuming he will make it. He won`t cause he doesn`t have his head in the game, he`s more worried about camera time than his team winning. He could be great, but his ego won`t let him get there. all that is well and good but the dude is producing on the field even though he is doing crazy stuff which i find funny

bulldog64
09-05-2008, 02:01 PM
Sorry, I just don`t agree. He looks like a fool. If he could get his team to become a winner, I`d take him serious, but too much turmoil leads to a divided team and a divided team is not going to make the playoffs.

JR2004
09-05-2008, 02:05 PM
all that is well and good but the dude is producing on the field even though he is doing crazy stuff which i find funny

He produces and he's funny. That's the kind of guys I enjoy watching.

trojan37
09-05-2008, 02:13 PM
If you like funny watch Comedy Central. :D

JR2004
09-05-2008, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by trojan37
If you like funny watch Comedy Central. :D

Ocho Cinco>Comedy Central.

If I want funny I put it on TVOne and watch Good Times or The Jeffersons. :)

Old Tiger
09-05-2008, 02:26 PM
Sorry, I just don`t agree. He looks like a fool. If he could get his team to become a winner, I`d take him serious, but too much turmoil leads to a divided team and a divided team is not going to make the playoffs. before he got to Cincy they were doormat......

its hard to be a winner there ;)

on a side note....HOW CAN YOU NOT LIKE THE RIVER DANCE!

Old Tiger
09-07-2008, 02:54 PM
For now, Chad Johnson can’t wear Ocho Cinco
2 hours, 42 minutes ago

Buzz Up PrintBALTIMORE (AP)—Chad Johnson has changed his name, but his jersey remained the same Sunday.

The Cincinnati Bengals receiver legally changed his name from Chad Johnson to Chad Ocho Cinco, but the NFL decided against allowing him to put his name on his jersey.

“While the NFL has recognized the legal name change of Chad Johnson to Chad Ocho Cinco, the league informed the Bengals today that certain issues remain to be resolved before Ocho Cinco will be permitted to wear his new surname on his jersey,” the league said in a statement.

“He will wear the name Johnson on his jersey today and will be referred to as Chad Johnson on the official play-by-play sheet,” the statement said. “Further questions should be directed to the league office.”

Contacted Sunday by The Associated Press, NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said, “He has a financial obligation to Reebok, which produces the jerseys available to fans. That has to be resolved before the on-field jersey can be changed.

“The same obligation exists for any player that changes his number or name.”

Necks_Fan
09-07-2008, 03:09 PM
That's gay. :mad:

Matthew328
09-07-2008, 04:59 PM
Chad Ocho Cinco is not the reason Cincy doesn't win, Cincy doesn't win because they are bad on defense and they are mediocre at best on the offensive line.

Ocho Cinco has produced and plays very hard and is respected in the league for his play on the field.

If you don't like the guy and his antics that's cool, but his performance on the field can not be questioned. Dude can ball, and nothing is funnier than his last name. Good times!