Forney over White Oak

Region 3
Lorena over Taylor

Region 4
Sinton over LaGrange

My pick Forney to win it all....

maestro
05-02-2002, 12:22 PM
I saw Forney play Commerce a couple of weeks ago and win 8-1. They were not that impressive. Segovia is tough only pitched the last inning for giggles. The other two, Greer and Gattis are beatable. A good hitting team can beat those two. I dont think they hit as well this year as last. It will hurt them. I could be wrong as I am region 3 and dont follow as close in region 2.

Old Cardinal
05-02-2002, 01:42 PM
Well before District play started- I picked Region I Lubbock-Cooper Region II Forney Region III Bridge City Region IV Sinton....I will stay with those earlier picks. I would think Region I is more of a toss-up than the others. I just don't think Lorena can hit the 97-98 mph fastball of Luther Sanders from Bridge City-that's pro speed! That's why he is undefeated on the mound against the best 4A's in the area and the best big schools in Louisiana. Look for Kirbyville and even Buna to stay in the mix for a few rounds. Kirbyville and Barber's Hill play this evening at Bridge City stadium at 6:00.

BigDog2001
05-03-2002, 08:29 AM
La Grange put up 34 runs in the championship game of the Luling Tourney. La Grange will represent Region IV if they play Sinton.
Score (LG 14, Sinton 6)

sinton66
05-04-2002, 08:34 AM
Big Dog, Hopefully, La Grange and Sinton will get the chance to face each other, and then we'll see what happens. Whoever takes region 4 should do well at the state tourney.

bigman33
05-06-2002, 09:55 PM
Lorena beat La Grange in a practice game, so chew on that for awhile. State Champs might be in trouble.
Is Yoakum any good?
Last time I was there record it was like 17-1
No one is picking them. Are they any good?

Old Green
05-06-2002, 10:27 PM
Bigman. Yoakum is preety Good They have 2 pitchers Boening and Boone who throw 90 plus fastballs. The team as a wole makes very few mistakes.