PDA

View Full Version : Sinton's 2008 Football Regular Season Schedule the toughest in the State!

Phil C
08-29-2008, 11:25 AM
Man oh man. You hope things would get a little easier and they don't. Here is the schedule and comments following:

August 31 Goliad in Goliad This is against a big powerful team that is always trouble. In fact were they not in the same district as powerhouses Cuero and Gonzales they would be considered one of the best teams in the State.

September 12 Corpus Christi Moody in Corpus Christi. Good Grief! Here we go again playing a 4A school. And on top of that it is a big 4A school. Geeze!

September 19 Hebbronville in Sinton. Hebbronville always has a good team and remember they beat us in the playoffs during the 80s. Scary times indeed!

September 26 Orange Grove in Sinton. Orange Grove is always a playoff team and very powerful. What a way to start the district. It makes you want to do chin ups on a flag pole on a 20 store building.

October 3 Aransas Pass in Aransas Pass. Good Grief! We have to play in the home town of the teenage terminator. Remember AP had some tough playoff teams in the mid 90s! Whew!

October 10 Mathis in Sinton. Mathis is always tough. Remember just a few years ago they made the State Finals.

October 17 Robstown in Sinton. Thanks for nothing UIL. Robstown is a good team and now they have come from 4A to 3A. Most worrisome indeed!

October 24 Falfurrias in Falfurrias. Good grief UIL! What are you doing! Remember Falfurrias played Gregory-Portland some tough playoff games about 20 years ago.

October 31 Ingleside in Sinton. Don't have to say much about how tough Ingleside always is. Don't be fooled. They talk about grads but not about the good ones coming up. Sort of like trying to sneak up on everyone. They are going to be great. Plus the game is on Halloween night. That increases the risk.

November 7 West Oso in West Oso. West Oso is highly ranked. Don't need to add anything except "Beware of the Howling Bear!!!"

pirate4state
08-29-2008, 11:28 AM
:spitlol: :spitlol: :spitlol:

Thanks Phil! :2thumbsup

Gontex
08-29-2008, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
Man oh man. You hope things would get a little easier and they don't. Here is the schedule and comments following:

August 31 Goliad in Goliad This is against a big powerful team that is always trouble. In fact were they not in the same district as powerhouses Cuero and Gonzales they would be considered one of the best teams in the State.

September 12 Corpus Christi Moody in Corpus Christi. Good Grief! Here we go again playing a 4A school. And on top of that it is a big 4A school. Geeze!

September 19 Hebbronville in Sinton. Hebbronville always has a good team and remember they beat us in the playoffs during the 80s. Scary times indeed!

September 26 Orange Grove in Sinton. Orange Grove is always a playoff team and very powerful. What a way to start the district. It makes you want to do chin ups on a flag pole on a 20 store building.

October 3 Aransas Pass in Aransas Pass. Good Grief! We have to play in the home town of the teenage terminator. Remember AP had some tough playoff teams in the mid 90s! Whew!

October 10 Mathis in Sinton. Mathis is always tough. Remember just a few years ago they made the State Finals.

October 17 Robstown in Sinton. Thanks for nothing UIL. Robstown is a good team and now they have come from 4A to 3A. Most worrisome indeed!

October 24 Falfurrias in Falfurrias. Good grief UIL! What are you doing! Remember Falfurrias played Gregory-Portland some tough playoff games about 20 years ago.

October 31 Ingleside in Sinton. Don't have to say much about how tough Ingleside always is. Don't be fooled. They talk about grads but not about the good ones coming up. Sort of like trying to sneak up on everyone. They are going to be great. Plus the game is on Halloween night. That increases the risk.

November 7 West Oso in West Oso. West Oso is highly ranked. Don't need to add anything except "Beware of the Howling Bear!!!"

rotflmao, Goliad(?), Moody(?), Orange Grove(?) toughest schedule in the state? Gimme a break.

pirate4state
08-29-2008, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by Gontex
rotflmao, Goliad(?), Moody(?), Orange Grove(?) toughest schedule in the state? Gimme a break. Welcome to Phil C's world ;)

JR2004
08-29-2008, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state

Thanks Phil! :2thumbsup

How dare you not take Phil seriously. That's a brutal schedule right there!

piratebg
08-29-2008, 12:17 PM
I've seen tougher ones, but this one still ranks up there with them. :D

bulldog64
08-29-2008, 12:17 PM
I love that someone thinks Orange Grove is weak. Senior full team with some size for once.We love being underrated. Average margin of defeat last year was by about 6 points. Biggest loss, 28-17 to West Oso.

piratebg
08-29-2008, 12:20 PM
Personally, I think the entire district is weak, West Oso included, but that is just me.

Chillimaru
08-29-2008, 12:24 PM
This group of seniors have been playing together since peewee football and never lost a game untill they started getting split up and now they are all back together and put on a real good showing against Beeville I hope everyone keeps underrating them but ithink they are going to suprise a bunch of people

piratebg
08-29-2008, 12:26 PM
Wow. One guys calls OG weak and yall they the whole world is against you. I love it. God I love football season. :)

When did we get all of these Orange Grove posters? Nice to see more of you guys on here.

coachkiss
08-29-2008, 12:32 PM
For some reason, I didn't see anyone from the Austin area, the DFW area, or the Waco area. It looked like a bunch of South Texas teams.

So, color me unimpressed. When south Texas consistently wins some titles or even puts teams in the state championship game, I will be more impressed.

piratebg
08-29-2008, 12:34 PM
No one understands Phil. He lives in his own universe, a Phil universe if you will. Whenever he says anything just nod and smile back. Things are so much easier that way.

piratebg
08-29-2008, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by coachkiss
For some reason, I didn't see anyone from the Austin area, the DFW area, or the Waco area. It looked like a bunch of South Texas teams.

So, color me unimpressed. When south Texas consistently wins some titles or even puts teams in the state championship game, I will be more impressed.

Reg IV = W E A K

Thanks for reminding us sweetheart.

Chillimaru
08-29-2008, 12:39 PM
He was talking about a South Texas Team Schedule there wouldnt be any Austin or DFW teams in our schedule if u want to knock south texas just come out and say it

pirate4state
08-29-2008, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by bulldog64
I love that someone thinks Orange Grove is weak. Senior full team with some size for once.We love being underrated. Average margin of defeat last year was by about 6 points. Biggest loss, 28-17 to West Oso. Who *thinks* Orange Grove is weak? Maybe you are projecting what YOU are thinking? :vrycnfsd:

OG is always scrappy! Looking forward to this years game.

SintonFan_inAustin
08-29-2008, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by piratebg
Personally, I think the entire district is weak, West Oso included, but that is just me. :lies:

piratebg
08-29-2008, 01:45 PM
I still think Sinton will be better than last year, if that means anything. :p

SintonFan_inAustin
08-29-2008, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by bulldog64
I love that someone thinks Orange Grove is weak. Senior full team with some size for once.We love being underrated. Average margin of defeat last year was by about 6 points. Biggest loss, 28-17 to West Oso.

It makes you want to do chin ups on a flag pole on a 20 store building.

SintonFan_inAustin
08-29-2008, 01:46 PM

So, color me unimpressed. When south Texas consistently wins some titles or even puts teams in the state championship game, I will be more impressed. :D topic is Sinton's schedule and unless this was back in the early 2000's, Pirates stick to playing teams from around the area.

DDBooger
08-29-2008, 01:50 PM
Hey I live in the Austin centex, i think because this is my zip code, i'll have a false sense of accomplishment that requires schools from other regions to impress me! lmao OR....I'll say the only people who should talk mess are Celina and Liberty Hill! :) otherwise no matter your region, you aren't a champion. Good luck everyone and be safe to your respective games :)

SintonFan_inAustin
08-29-2008, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
Hey I live in the Austin centex, i think because this is my zip code, i'll have a false sense of accomplishment that requires schools from other regions to impress me! lmao OR....I'll say the only people who should talk mess are Celina and Liberty Hill! :) otherwise no matter your region, you aren't a champion. Good luck everyone and be safe to your respective games :) :) you forgot GO Wildcats!! :D

Necks_Fan
08-29-2008, 01:52 PM
OG is always scrappy! LOL. I thought this said "crappy" at first....

I laughed, then I saw the "scrappy."

Bummer.

DDBooger
08-29-2008, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
:) you forgot GO Wildcats!! :D oh yeah, we're being paid a visit by the Maquina :)

pirate4state
08-29-2008, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
LOL. I thought this said "crappy" at first....

I laughed, then I saw the "scrappy."

Bummer.

whatever works :p :D

GO PIRATES!!!! :cheerl:

sotxrat
08-29-2008, 04:24 PM
looking at radar looks like goliad has missed the rain so far, but orange grove has been pounded now for a good hour or so, going to be sloppy, be careful to all that are traveling and good luck

wimbo_pro
08-29-2008, 04:25 PM
Come on guys...he's pulling our legs. No one would say this and be serious!!!

Old Tiger
08-29-2008, 04:26 PM
what did the pirate say about the steering wheel in his pants?

aaarrrgggghhhhh its driving me nuts

wimbo_pro
08-29-2008, 04:28 PM
lololololooolol

sinfan75
08-29-2008, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
what did the pirate say about the steering wheel in his pants?

aaarrrgggghhhhh its driving me nuts now that was funny:D :D :D

sinton66
08-29-2008, 07:04 PM

Where were you for about five years in a row when R4 put teams in the ship every year? They didn't win one, but they were there. Started with Sinton in 2001.

big daddy russ
08-30-2008, 01:27 AM
...October 3 Aransas Pass in Aransas Pass. Good Grief! We have to play in the home town of the teenage terminator. Remember AP had some tough playoff teams in the mid 90s! Whew!...
The teenage terminator? Is this a nickname for one of AP's football players or the hometown of the kid who plays John Connor?

IHStangFan
08-30-2008, 01:31 AM
Personally, I think the entire district is weak, West Oso included, but that is just me. unfortunately this year, I have to agree.

pirate4state
08-30-2008, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
The teenage terminator? Is this a nickname for one of AP's football players or the hometown of the kid who plays John Connor? hahahaha

The teenage terminator is APPF's daughter!!!

See, she is a varsity cheerleader and that increases the risk. ;)

:D

LH Panther Mom
08-30-2008, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by sinton66
Where were you for about five years in a row when R4 put teams in the ship every year? They didn't win one, but they were there. Started with Sinton in 2001.
Wimberley did.....

garciap77
08-30-2008, 11:14 AM

:crying: :crying: :crying:

sinfan75
08-30-2008, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Wimberley did..... Bandera won one.

Phil C
08-30-2008, 11:18 AM
hahahaha

The teenage terminator is APPF's daughter!!!

See, she is a varsity cheerleader and that increases the risk. ;)

:D

OMG!!! :eek:

bleedmaroon
08-30-2008, 12:50 PM
No one understands Phil. He lives in his own universe, a Phil universe if you will. Whenever he says anything just nod and smile back. Things are so much easier that way.

Amen!! But what a wonderful universe it is.

piratebg
08-31-2008, 01:07 PM
Well Phil, you can scratch #1 off the list. That one was a toughy indeed. :D

Phil C
09-02-2008, 10:48 AM
Well Phil, you can scratch #1 off the list. That one was a toughy indeed. :D

Tough indeed! Fortunately our defense scored to help us out. Goliad is one of the best 0-1 3A teams in the state.

Corn Cob
09-02-2008, 02:18 PM
Honestly, I know Phil does this every year kinda as a joke, so it's probably not worthy of a response, but I can't help but say that Sinton's schedule is really probably one of the weakest in the State!

87 TIGER
09-02-2008, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
Where were you for about five years in a row when R4 put teams in the ship every year? They didn't win one, but they were there. Started with Sinton in 2001. Everman, Burnet, Midland Greenwood, Marlin, Atlanta, Gatesville, Abilene Wylie, LaGrange, Forney. No, no south Texas here

sinton66
09-02-2008, 04:41 PM
2001- Everman vs SINTON(south Texas)
2002- Everman vs BURNET(R4)
Greenwood vs BANDERA(won)(south/central Texas)
2003- Gainesville vs. BURNET(R4)
2004- Ab. Wylie vs CUERO(south Texas)
2005- Gainesville vs. WIMBERLEY (won)

headhunter
09-02-2008, 05:47 PM
I don't really think Sinton's schedule is in the "Toughest Schedules" in 2008.

Goliad? not really known to win more than 2 games a season against 3A schools

SintonFan_inAustin
09-02-2008, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by headhunter

Goliad? not really known to win more than 2 games a season against 3A schools Its the strongest in Phil's eyes :D

past two years having a strong schedule brought Sinton program down and now its trying rebuild it best we take baby steps first.

sinfan75
09-02-2008, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by headhunter

Goliad? not really known to win more than 2 games a season against 3A schools It's kinda made as a joke so take it for what it's worth. What's funny is some people's posts over the years they've bragged about how tough their schedule was and then when there team lost in the semi-finals they'd blame it on that same tough schedule. Go figure.

Phil C
09-04-2008, 01:58 PM
What is tougher is that this is Sinton's bye week. Man talk about bad luck. You need a bye week at least after your third game so you can recover from minor injuries. What good is a rest now when you don't have many injuries? All this means is that we will be rusty for our second game against a 4A powerhouse in Moody. And don't forget Moody has won several state championships in baseball and once was when they were in 5A. That increases the risk.

Man things like this make you want to hunt mountain lions armed with just a net.

pirate4state
09-04-2008, 02:11 PM
What is tougher is that this is Sinton's bye week. Man talk about bad luck. You need a bye week at least after your third game so you can recover from minor injuries. What good is a rest now when you don't have many injuries? All this means is that we will be rusty for our second game against a 4A powerhouse in Moody. And don't forget Moody has won several state championships in baseball and once was when they were in 5A. That increases the risk.

Man things like this make you want to hunt mountain lions armed with just a net.

classic

Phil C
09-08-2008, 04:15 PM
This week a big 4A school on our schedule. Oh woe is me! :(

Phil C
09-08-2008, 04:16 PM
Not to sound as a alarmist or be looking ahead but it must be noted our opponent next week is Hebbronville and they beat a tough Falfurrias team 54 to 21. Scary times indeed! :(

Phil C
09-08-2008, 04:18 PM
It is so discouraging. Get my canoe ready boys. I am heading out in the Gulf for Ike with my shotgun loaded and my fishing pole baited.

JR2004
09-08-2008, 04:20 PM
Not to sound as a alarmist or be looking ahead but it must be noted our opponent next week is Hebbronville and they beat a tough Falfurrias team 54 to 21. Scary times indeed! :(

Show some faith in your Pirates! You're going to sound like "Doubting Thomas" Rita before long with all these doom and gloom posts about Sinton. :(

JR2004
09-08-2008, 04:20 PM
It is so discouraging. Get my canoe ready boys. I am heading out in the Gulf for Ike with my shotgun loaded and my fishing pole baited.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

piratebg
09-08-2008, 04:21 PM

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Phil, you are my hero. :p

STANG RED
09-08-2008, 04:29 PM
Goliad is one of the best 0-1 3A teams in the state.

Careful Phil. You'll upset a Snyderite or two with a post like that.:D

garciap77
09-08-2008, 04:29 PM
It is so discouraging. Get my canoe ready boys. I am heading out in the Gulf for Ike with my shotgun loaded and my fishing pole baited. :iagree: :iagree: :iagree:

Phil C
09-10-2008, 12:04 PM
The Sinton vs Moody game has been moved to tonight (Wednesday). Another disruption to the toughest schedule in the state. :(

JR2004
09-10-2008, 04:33 PM
The Sinton vs Moody game has been moved to tonight (Wednesday). Another disruption to the toughest schedule in the state. :(

First the UIL hates Sinton and now Mother Nature has joined in on the act. Rough times down there in Pirate country, rough times... :(