PDA

View Full Version : Wylie fans going to the Vernon game

Dominicfrank
08-29-2008, 10:47 AM
I would like to invite you to Massaro's Steakhouse located at the Hillcrest Countryclub in Vernon (4400 Coutry Club Drive). It is just north of McD's off 287, 5 minutes from the stadium. This is a very nice steak house that I will assure you will be the best food you have eaten this side of Dallas. It is not fast food so come ready to spend and hour or so. It is open to the public, has a bar, and is fairly priced but defintely the most expensive place to eat in Vernon. This is a serious restaurant owned by my parents Dan and Harriet Massaro so be prepared to have a great meal. Average price per adult is about $20. The shrimp plate is huge and it is what most people come back for day after day for but I would suggest any of the steaks. I live here in Dallas and I am being serious when I say that the food compares to Bob's Steak and Chop house and most everyone who has eaten at both will say the same. You can tell Dan or Harriet that Dominic sent you, they will both be there serving you. You can call them at 940-552-2773 if you want a reservation for bigger parties. Let me know on here if you end up going! Have a safe trip !

Dominicfrank
08-29-2008, 10:59 AM
BTW- The Cheescake is the only dessert and it is a family secret recipe but is to die for and you get a huge portion that can easliy feed 2-3.

To get to the restaurant take Hillcrest past the Holiday Inn express and take the second left into the Countryclub, there will be a sign at the entrance.

Dominicfrank
08-29-2008, 12:13 PM
have fun !

Texasfootball2
08-29-2008, 12:48 PM
Hey Dom,

I just read your post. Sounds like a great place but I won't get to leave Abilene until around 4:00. I will only have about a 30 minute window to eat. Probably have to pick up some yummy fast food. I will right down the name and directions though. You just never know when you might be drive from WF to Amar. and need a good place to eat. Thanks

Maybe I'll run into you at the game!

Dominicfrank
08-29-2008, 02:10 PM
I want to be at the game but I will have to miss it. Thanks for the reply, it really is a different kind of place than you see. SHould be a good game ! have a safe trip.

Dominicfrank
08-29-2008, 03:09 PM
will there be a chance for rain tonight in Vernon ?