PDA

View Full Version : Greenwood....Fort Stockton?????

jockcity33
08-29-2008, 09:01 AM
What happened, what was the score?

Ranger Mom
08-29-2008, 09:02 AM
Greenwood - 18
Ft. Stockton - 14

jockcity33
08-29-2008, 09:20 AM
ok that is the score....but what happened, how did greenwood get 18 did they miss all three extra points or what? How did each team look? Were there any sudden changes that helped one team or hurt the other?

Ranger Mom
08-29-2008, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by jockcity33
ok that is the score....but what happened, how did greenwood get 18 did they miss all three extra points or what? How did each team look? Were there any sudden changes that helped one team or hurt the other?

To tell you the truth....it was a pretty boring game, IMO.

I know the scoring was a safety, a TD (missed extra point), a field goal, a TD, extra point =18 pts.

Both teams looked average at best!!

pirate4state
08-29-2008, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
To tell you the truth....it was a pretty boring game, IMO.

I know the scoring was a safety, a TD (missed extra point), a field goal, a TD, extra point =18 pts.

Both teams looked average at best!!

:eek: boring?!?!

sloppy play or good defense?

Ranger Mom
08-29-2008, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
:eek: boring?!?!

sloppy play or good defense?

Both, at times!!

GWOOD
08-29-2008, 06:18 PM
I think this was a big win for Greenwood. The paper called it an upset. I don't know how good Ft. Stockton is supposed to be but it may be that expectations were just low for Greenwood since they only returned 5 starters and the QB situation was a split time between a soph & junior and neither one had experience at varsity QB position.

Backfield looked good. Kinsey Williams rushed for 180 yards and Blake McCulloch rushed for 73 yards.

With such a young team we should see improvement as the year goes.