Total 474

J Stokes 93 rushing 19 of 22 316 passing 2 TD's rush 3 TD pass
D Pratt 65 rushing
B Jackson 183 yds rec. 3 TD's
G Lamascus 84 yds rec.

ProudHornetMom
08-28-2008, 10:41 PM
Congratulations.

My friend was calling after each score...sounds like it was very exciting.

IHStangFan
08-28-2008, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by striker
Stats
Rushing 158
Passing 316
Total 474

J Stokes 93 rushing 19 of 22 316 passing 2 TD's
D Pratt 65 rushing
B Jackson 183 yds rec. 3 TD's
G Lamascus 84 yds rec. dang! so were the Rattlers just making a statement "we can pass the ball too" or was it more of Henderson keying on Pratt so they took it to the air? At any rate, good show Rattlers!

Pudlugger
08-28-2008, 11:29 PM
Nice going Rattlers!:clap:

HEMOTOXIC
08-29-2008, 12:23 AM
Jackson had some great catches on the very stingy run defense of Henderson.

With 2 minutes left in the game, Henderson scores a td to make the score 35 to 34. The xtra point was mishandled; the Lions were forced to run the ball in for the 2 points but came up short.

The Lions kicker made every xtra point try included 2 fg's.

It was the first game...Penalties, missed assignmets, etc..which is expected or understandable in the first game.. The Rattlers must work on their pass defense.
A positive note: Rattlers came up big to stop the Lions twice inside the Rattlers 15. On one occasion, I believe that the Lions had the ball for a 1st and goal from the 6 but they had to settle for a fg.

Good games Snakes!

HEMOTOXIC
08-29-2008, 12:40 AM
Navasota's Jacolby Stokes was 18 for 21 for 297 yards and three touchdowns.
Henderson's Hunter Skelton caught eight passes for 154 yards and two touchdowns.

Team Stats
Navasota Henderson
Total yards 437 385
First downs 21 15
Rushes/Yds 36/140 14/39
Average rush 3.89 2.79
Comp/Atts 1 8/21 22/36
Pass yards 297 346
Comp pct 85.71 61.11
Punts 0 1
Punting Yards 0 38
Punting Average 0 38
Fumbles/Lost 3/1 6/1
Penalties-yards 11-70 8-85

lostaussie
08-29-2008, 08:25 AM
with supposedly the state's number 1 team playing, the only way this game should have been close was if they were playing soccer. not impressive!!!!!!!! but alas, a win is a win, so you may keep the ranking ..........for now:D

Rocket
08-29-2008, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by lostaussie
with supposedly the state's number 1 team playing, the only way this game should have been close was if they were playing soccer. not impressive!!!!!!!! but alas, a win is a win, so you may keep the ranking ..........for now:D

Is Henderson good? Never even heard of them in 4A? Not impressed...sorry.

Txbroadcaster
08-29-2008, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by Rocket

Henderson has been down awhile..BUT they are on an upswing under coach Dickey Meeks, so we have to let rest of season play out and see where Henderson finishes before we can determine if this is a good win or not

HEMOTOXIC
08-29-2008, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by Rocket

You don't have to be impressed. Just be ready for Liberty Hill, the La Vega Pirates and whoever else you guys are playing in district.

The Rattlers will continue to improve. Last year, we started the year off with a lose to Madisonville but ended strong. It was a good win for the Rattlers and we look forward to district play where it really matters.

HEMOTOXIC
08-29-2008, 09:46 AM

Who is ranked #1?

cats 2008
08-29-2008, 09:56 AM
navasotas D needs to get better if they want to hang with Liberty Hill or Celina.Its early so they have time to get better.

navscanmaster
08-29-2008, 10:33 AM
Well, I know its only one game, but what a way to start off the season. If we were looking for a good game, we found one. Both sides had typical first game penalties and miscues, some of which resulted in turnovers. I must say that Henderson surprised a lot of people. What we have failed to mention so far is that Henderson has an excellent pass protection from their offensive line. The quarterback Jenkins is not much of a run threat, but he is mobile in the pocket and has a VERY accurate and strong arm. He also has a group of receivers that can catch the ball and run excellent routes. These guys should challenge for an upper spot in their district race. They don't have much of a pass defense, but then, neither did the Rattlers. Their run defense appears to be pretty good if they are looking to stop one key player. I wish them the best, as they have an excellent aerial assault that should only get better as the season progresses.

As far as the Rattlers are concerned, here is what I have noticed:

Brandall Jackson made Texas A&M proud! That TD catch in the corner of the endzone would have made the #1 highlight reel on Sportcenter if it was collegiate or pro. For those of you who weren't there, he caught up to a ball that the defender had position on initially, dove from behind the defender, and tucked it in with one arm as he was hitting the ground with two defenders on top of him. Flips up and has the ball! He also made several leaping catches, one of which was another TD. Several yards after contact as well. He was the player of the game.
Dexter Pratt was keyed on, sure, but when did he learn how to dance? Last year, he just turned up the field and lowered his shoulders. It looked like he was trying to avoid contact on several occasions. Hope it was just a fluke.
Jacolby Stokes looked really good. He has developed into a great dual threat QB, though not on the level as Gilmer's Godfrey and others. 19-22 passing says a lot. His three incompletions included a screen pass that hit DP square in the hands, a 30 yarded that bounced off the fingertips of Antron Harris, and only ONE bad pass that was five yards over Brandall's head.
The offensive line still has work to do, but they looked a lot better than in the scrimmages.

Defense.......Run defense really stepped it up in this one. Pass defense stunk, and I have to wonder why they never manned up and stayed in that zone coverage when they were exploiting the middle of our secondary where the holes were on every pass. It wouldn't have mattered because there was almost no intensity on our defense. It was like they couldn't get fired up for anything. Henderson absolutely owned our pass defense, and probably should have beat us if they hadn't had several stupid mistakes.

NastySlot
08-29-2008, 11:13 AM
gotta play some d.........but a win is a win and you always take a win...............and who every said they weren't impressed......who cares.....im not impressed you don't know anything about henderson and you probably call yourself and expert on high school football or a fan of the game.

UPanIN
08-29-2008, 11:22 AM
Glad to see the Rattler's get out of there with a WIN.:clap:

You got to win the first one to go 15-0.

lostaussie
08-29-2008, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by NastySlot
gotta play some d.........but a win is a win and you always take a win...............and who every said they weren't impressed......who cares.....im not impressed you don't know anything about henderson and you probably call yourself and expert on high school football or a fan of the game.
i know lots about Henderson.............hell I'm only 15 miles from there right now:D

navscanmaster
08-29-2008, 12:23 PM
i know lots about Henderson.............hell I'm only 15 miles from there right now:D

Buddy, they are pretty good if that first game is any indication of what they are capable of. That QB is impressive. They run a lot of screens and crossing routes, and have speedy receivers that can find the open holes. I think they are under the radar, and they are dangerous because of it. I was impressed by them.

lostaussie
08-29-2008, 01:01 PM
well, they do have a new coach in Meeks and he has a good track record. Maybe he has the Lions headed in the right direction and that is good, because they have been down for a while. Ever since Dennis Alexander left that program has struggled.

venomous tat2
08-29-2008, 01:52 PM
well, they do have a new coach in Meeks and he has a good track record. Maybe he has the Lions headed in the right direction and that is good, because they have been down for a while. Ever since Dennis Alexander left that program has struggled.

They have the athletes trust me , and should turn a few heads
this season . It wasn't soo much of not having a good passing defense they have one hell of a passing offense . We had a turnover from a kickoff and held them to a field goal and at another time in the red zone right after that we held them to 3 ponts . We fumbled at the11 going in had a sure TD dropped another sure TD sightly over thrown all of this was in the 1st half . Our goal is to peak at the right time getting better each week . That ranking means nothing to these kids thats for the fans to rave about they are focused on winning 1 game at a time
thats what Coach Fedora has instilled in his camp :clap: :clap: :clap:

navscanmaster
08-29-2008, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by venomous tat2
They have the athletes trust me , and should turn a few heads
this season . It wasn't soo much of not having a good passing defense they have one hell of a passing offense . We had a turnover from a kickoff and held them to a field goal and at another time in the red zone right after that we held them to 3 ponts . We fumbled at the11 going in had a sure TD dropped another sure TD sightly over thrown all of this was in the 1st half . Our goal is to peak at the right time getting better each week . That ranking means nothing to these kids thats for the fans to rave about they are focused on winning 1 game at a time
thats what Coach Fedora has instilled in his camp :clap: :clap: :clap:

Can't wait for Palestine. I love the friendly confines!!!