PDA

View Full Version : Farfield v Newton

Pedestrian
11-09-2003, 10:42 PM
Any thoughts on the game?

eaglefan
11-10-2003, 12:12 AM
This is one of the best matchups in the 1st round I believe. Fairfield was ranked as high as #4 in the state before dropping out of the top 10 after losing their starting middle linebacker and Newton was ranked high in the state as well before losing to Jasper. Newton is has a lot of speed from what I hear, which will bring a good matchup between them and a very fast Fairfield defense. Fairfield seems to be hitting their stride as the season progresses, and they definitely have the weapons to do some damage. Newton is a very high quality team though, all in all it will make a great game on Friday night in Nacogdoches.

Diboll_Lumberjackk
11-10-2003, 12:18 AM
Newton will pull this one out by atleast 15 or more.

cunbed10
11-10-2003, 08:39 AM
The winner of this game gets M A R L I N.
Whoa!

duckbutter
11-10-2003, 09:29 AM
Doesn't M A R L I N have to play this week?? Better start thinking about that first.

JasperDog94
11-10-2003, 09:59 AM
Newton barely lost to a very good DI team in Jasper. If they bring their "A" game I'll take Newton by 10.

Old No. 7
11-10-2003, 10:32 AM
Newton's fieldgoal kicker seems to be doing alot better. I'll say Eagles by 7.

DOGcatcher
11-10-2003, 11:09 AM
I'm telling you the outcome WILL BE Newton on top of fairfield by 16..

<small>[ November 10, 2003, 10:37 AM: Message edited by: DOGcatcher ]</small>

crimson blood
11-10-2003, 12:50 PM
35-14 newton

eaglefan
11-10-2003, 02:04 PM
I really am enjoying listening to everyone count out the Fairfield Eagles. Everyone thinking the Eagle defense will give up 30+ points, it's interesting. Fairfield has only given up over 20 points twice all year, (20 pts to Rusk, and 21 points to Mexia). Fairfield's defense will keep this a close game, and everyone knows that in a close game anything can happen.

JasperDog94
11-10-2003, 02:08 PM
I must admit, I know almost nothing about Fairfield. But I have seen Newton this year and believe that they are a great team. I certainly don't think you can count out anybody come playoff time, or you'll be the one enjoying hunting season. I just happen to think that Newton will come out on top.

duckbutter
11-10-2003, 02:11 PM
I just don't see Fairfield's defense shutting Newton's offense down. The fewest points that Newton has scored is 27 and that was against Jasper.
Newton 35
Fairfield 21

faithfuldog
11-10-2003, 02:32 PM
Newton by 30.

Festus1
11-10-2003, 02:59 PM
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that Fairfield is pretty big and strong up front. This should give them an advantage early on. But Newton's speed should wear down the Fairfield defense and they will score in the second half. Fairfield's best chance to win is to score early and often because Newton's strength is down the stretch. Also, Crockett fared well against Newton in an early scrimmage, but Newton used a very limited playbook in that one for fear they would see them again in post season. I think I have to pick Newton by 15.

Pedestrian
11-10-2003, 06:54 PM
Fairfield has a quick defense and it should be a good test for the Newton offense.

next generation
11-10-2003, 07:36 PM
Newton by 10

eaglefan
11-10-2003, 10:36 PM
Fairfield is not exactly the biggest team I've ever seen. They have a bit of size on the offensive line, and in the backfield. But for defensive lineman they really are not that big. They are very fast though. Nose tackle Dralyn Mims is very possibly the smallest nose tackle in the state of Texas, but has the speed to be a starting running back. This is going to be a very interesting matchup, but don't count out Fairfield. Everybody loves an underdog.

dwhite_eaglesfan
11-11-2003, 07:25 AM
Kick off-7:30 thats all I know. We seem to have gotten things back in order.Don't know a lot about Newton except speed everywhere,but we have alittle speed to,yes the D will keep us in it. See you in Nac.

nasa1
11-11-2003, 10:37 PM
hope fairfield pulls this one out, but the last team they played coughed the ball up four times, (which fairfield returned for two scores) and only averages 6 pts. per game. thanks to their defense they had scored 10 points and had about 20 yds in total offense. definitely not the same team without the Lightsey kid, hope he has a full recovery. Evans and their two DEs will have to carry this team to victory.

Old No. 7
11-12-2003, 10:47 AM
DOGcatcher:
I'm telling you the outcome WILL BE Newton on top of fairfield by 16..DOGcatcher, I like the way you think. I'm still not used to you being so quiet. Don't tell me your back on the chain. :D Good luck Eagles!!

BulldogGrl64
11-12-2003, 11:04 AM
I believe Newton will be able to pull off this one.

Newton 31 Fairfield 24

oak flat
11-12-2003, 11:43 AM
Fairfield is a very good team and has a lot of playoff experience back from last year. However I think this is a battle of matchups and I think that Newton will come out on top by 13. Fairfield's defense is very salty, but its hard to slow down Newton's offense. Too many good running backs plus an improved passing game. On the reverse side I dont believe Fairfield's offense has enough fire power to put up a lot of points on a very fast Newton defense. Fairfield's defense will have to keep them in this game. Cant wait to see it.

DOGcatcher
11-12-2003, 11:48 AM
Old No. 7:

DOGcatcher:
I'm telling you the outcome WILL BE Newton on top of fairfield by 16..DOGcatcher, I like the way you think. I'm still not used to you being so quiet. Don't tell me your back on the chain. :D Good luck Eagles!!LOL You Know better than that, Just hadn't much time to get on the low... but i'm sure we'll see the fairfield mourners come Friday night. It really is sad you know...

Old Cardinal
11-12-2003, 12:07 PM
I think I am going to skip the Orangefield/Liberty game tomorrow night and come see Newton play-it's only 2 hours and 20 minues away. Is it being played a SFASU stadium or the Nacogdoches HS stadium?
I think Newton will win in a very good game. I also think Newton will beat M A R L I N the following week.

fhseagle
11-12-2003, 12:19 PM
Old Cardinal: The game is at Nac. Highschool at 7.30pm on friday.

BulldogGrl64: I dont know much about Newton, i havent seen them play in a couple of years. But i have seen fairfields defense this year numerous times, and they have never given up 31 points. They have only given up more than 20 twice. The average score is 25-10 fairfield, and their defense is allowing an average of 140 a game...
I dont think that Newton will be able to put up 31 on fairfield.

final score: fairfield 20 newton 13

in a very, very, very close game.

DOGcatcher
11-12-2003, 12:30 PM
O.K let's be realistic here... Newton 13...

With Newton posting high scores all season in a district that is one of the toughest in the state.
Against a team that honestly doesn't impress me other than 3 guys on defense.. and speed is the only thing I'm talking about here. I've seen Crockett play, I've seen Fairfield play, I've seen Groesbeck play, And frankly, that district and their teams look pretty weak.

teddy
11-12-2003, 12:43 PM
I'm a new comer to this 3adown low web site,so I took out time to review all of the comments that have been made about the Newton-Fairfield game. I come to tell everyone that Newton is going to come out on top in this one.I'm not saying that fairfield isn't a alright team,but the fact is the fairfield team do not have the great mixture of a great offense and a good defense such as the newton eagles do newton is a high scoring team and fairfield isn't, so now youknow the facts

fhseagle
11-12-2003, 12:45 PM
your right, newton will score more than 13 points. I guess i might have overestimated fairfields defense when i thought they would block that extra point.

fairfield 20 newton 14

im not trying to be a smartass, but im sticking to my guns when i say that it will be fairfield by a touchdown in a low scoring game. as for the final score, we wont know until about 10pm on friday. see ya there.

DOGcatcher
11-12-2003, 12:47 PM
Your right, my bad,

Farifield has a way better Defense than jasper.. That's why they were undefeted in their rough and tough district play... eek! eek! :p

fhseagle
11-12-2003, 01:04 PM
we all have a right to our own opinions. you think that newton will put up 35 on fairfield. i think that they will score less than 20. you think newton will win, i think that fairfield will win. all im saying is that fairfields defense has been underestimated all year. their defense may not be much to look at because they're not all 6'4 250lbs, but they will surprise you. mark my word. im only 23, but this defense is one of the fastest off the ball that i have ever seen. not only that, but they fast and hit hard.

and dogcatcher...every team and every friday night are different. just because jasper may have a better defense than fairfeild, and newton put up some points on them doesnt mean that several weeks later fairfield wont be able to contain them. fairfields Defensive coordinator may have fount something to exploit that jaspers coaches missed. scouting and coaching have alot more to do with the outcome of a game than most people realize.

spiveyrat
11-12-2003, 01:12 PM
fhseagle:
...But i have seen fairfields defense this year numerous times, and they have never given up 31 points. But they probably haven't played a Newton caliber team this year either.

eagle08
11-12-2003, 01:16 PM
Newton by 21.

fhseagle
11-12-2003, 01:26 PM
actually, yall can go ahead and underestimate fairfield's defense. plenty of people have done it before. yall just need to go ahead and start preparing for marlin next week...there is no need to worry about fairfield...yall should be practicing for marlin and not worrying about us...lol

oak flat
11-12-2003, 01:40 PM
Fairfield does have an outstanding defense, but they haven't played an offense as complicated or good as Newton's. Newton is faster, and has 3 backs, 4 including the quaterback that are tough to handle. Fairfield may be able to keep it close with good defense, but I feel that Newton is to multiple and wont be stopped.

Old No. 7
11-12-2003, 01:52 PM
oak flat, I see you're from possom trot. I used to live in Possum Bluff. :D :D

DOGcatcher
11-12-2003, 01:52 PM
And the trumpet sounds to the voice of the flat...

Toot Toooooooooooooot...

Everything you say has valler... but i must say FHSEAGLE, Newton has never looked past a game and never will.. And Scouting and Coaching are a big part in a teams ability to stand tall and play... but you forget one thing... Newton has one of the best scouting and coaching staffs around. they've been here before, they know how to prepare..

YOU BETTER BE READY FOR THE DOUBLE TEAM, YOU BETTER BE READY FOR THE STUNT..
CAUSE NEWTON EAGLE FOOTBALL WILL BE ROLLING YOUR WAY SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool:

fhseagle
11-12-2003, 02:00 PM
I must make one thing clear, i just want it to be known that I'm not saying that newton is a bad team. you would have to be stupid to think that.

None of us can predict the future, therefor none of us know who is going to win, so instead of me making a prediction...i'll just say that i want fairfield to win 20-13...there. now, if fairfield looses, (which i dont think will happen)...i wont be wrong!!! i will have just not gotten what i wanted. Im looking forward to a great game between to great teams.

DOGcatcher
11-12-2003, 02:03 PM
?????

fhseagle
11-12-2003, 02:11 PM
disregard my last post, i was typing and talking on the phone at the same time. now that i have gone back and read it, it makes no sense. ignore it.

DOGcatcher
11-12-2003, 02:17 PM
NEWTON EAGLES,NEWTON EAGLES,NEWTON EAGLES,NEWTON EAGLES, NEWTON EAGLES,NEWTON EAGLES,NEWTON EAGLES,NEWTON EAGLES, NEWTON EAGLES,NEWTON EAGLES,NEWTON EAGLES,NEWTON EAGLES, NEWTON EAGLES,NEWTON EAGLES,NEWTON EAGLES,NEWTON EAGLES, NEWTON EAGLES,NEWTON EAGLES,NEWTON EAGLES,NEWTON EAGLES, NEWTON EAGLES,NEWTON EAGLES,NEWTON EAGLES,NEWTON EAGLES, NEWTON EAGLES,NEWTON EAGLES,NEWTON EAGLES,NEWTON EAGLES,

fhseagle
11-12-2003, 02:20 PM
DOGcatcher:
NEWTON EAGLES,NEWTON EAGLES,NEWTON EAGLES,NEWTON EAGLES, NEWTON EAGLES,NEWTON EAGLES,NEWTON EAGLES,NEWTON EAGLES, NEWTON EAGLES,NEWTON EAGLES,NEWTON EAGLES,NEWTON EAGLES, NEWTON EAGLES,NEWTON EAGLES,NEWTON EAGLES,NEWTON EAGLES, NEWTON EAGLES,NEWTON EAGLES,NEWTON EAGLES,NEWTON EAGLES, NEWTON EAGLES,NEWTON EAGLES,NEWTON EAGLES,NEWTON EAGLES, NEWTON EAGLES,NEWTON EAGLES,NEWTON EAGLES,NEWTON EAGLES,very mature

JasperDog94
11-12-2003, 02:20 PM
Atta boy Dogcatcher...give it to em'. :)

DOGcatcher
11-12-2003, 02:26 PM
:D :D :D :D
:p :p :p :p

NEWTON EAGLES,NEWTON EAGLES,NEWTON EAGLES,NEWTON EAGLES,NEWTON EAGLES,NEWTON EAGLES,NEWTON EAGLES,NEWTON EAGLES,NEWTON EAGLES,NEWTON EAGLES,NEWTON EAGLES,NEWTON EAGLES,NEWTON EAGLES,NEWTON EAGLES,NEWTON EAGLES,NEWTON EAGLES,

DOGcatcher
11-12-2003, 02:27 PM
Hey J-DOG, I figured you would like that one!!! LOL

JasperDog94
11-12-2003, 02:30 PM
fhseagle:

DOGcatcher:
NEWTON EAGLES,NEWTON EAGLES,NEWTON EAGLES,NEWTON EAGLES, NEWTON EAGLES,NEWTON EAGLES,NEWTON EAGLES,NEWTON EAGLES, NEWTON EAGLES,NEWTON EAGLES,NEWTON EAGLES,NEWTON EAGLES, NEWTON EAGLES,NEWTON EAGLES,NEWTON EAGLES,NEWTON EAGLES, NEWTON EAGLES,NEWTON EAGLES,NEWTON EAGLES,NEWTON EAGLES, NEWTON EAGLES,NEWTON EAGLES,NEWTON EAGLES,NEWTON EAGLES, NEWTON EAGLES,NEWTON EAGLES,NEWTON EAGLES,NEWTON EAGLES,very matureSorry, it's a running joke dating back to when Newton and Jasper hooked up. I think it's funny, but I am also very easily ammused. :D

DOGcatcher
11-12-2003, 02:34 PM
Don't be ashamed... IT CRACK'S MY A?? UP TOO...

Old No. 7
11-12-2003, 02:48 PM
I knew that old Dog. wouldn't be on the chain long. :D :D

Backwoods
11-12-2003, 03:06 PM
Old Card. It's at the high school stadium. Come on up. :D :D

St. Ivender
11-12-2003, 04:32 PM
It's my Daddy's birthday today. He is 71. His favorite team is the Newton Eagles. On his behalf I will predict that Barbay's Eagles will win:

Newton 38
Fairfield 17

98Eagle
11-12-2003, 04:49 PM
After reading numerous posts on this game it is time for me to weigh in. Fairfield has an unimpressive offense and I think that Newton has too much speed on both sides of the ball. JMHO

Newton 34
Fairfield 13

<small>[ November 12, 2003, 03:50 PM: Message edited by: 98Eagle ]</small>

j_dog
11-12-2003, 04:53 PM
fhseagle:
...I dont think that Newton will be able to put up 31 on fairfield.

final score: fairfield 20 newton 13

in a very, very, very close game.I like the challenge for Newton.

Newton 31
Fairfield 12

:) :)

St. Ivender
11-12-2003, 05:08 PM
98Eagle:
After reading numerous posts on this game it is time for me to weigh in. Fairfield has an unimpressive offense and I think that Newton has too much speed on both sides of the ball. JMHO

Newton 34
Fairfield 13My gut says 40+ but I don't want to sound too cocky.

98Eagle
11-12-2003, 05:25 PM
St. Ivender:

98Eagle:

Newton 34
Fairfield 13My gut says 40+ but I don't want to sound too cocky.We think alike, because I wanted to post 41 points but figured I would take to much heat from Fairfield supporters.

fhseagle
11-12-2003, 05:33 PM
you wont catch heat from this fairfield supporter because everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Im glad to see that people think that this game is going to be a blowout in favor of the newton eagles. fairfield plays the underdog role to a T, they did it last year, and they can do it again this year. I know my fairfield boys will bring their A game friday night. Im telling yall, its gonna be closer than you guys think, and the eagles are going to win it. just not the newton eagles...

eaglefan
11-12-2003, 06:26 PM
How does everyone think that this game is going to be such a blowout? Does Fairfield lack that much respect around the state? Does 19-3A lack that much respect around the state. Being from Fairfield I will be the first one to say that District 20 I think has overall more talent. But at the same time, this is a Fairfield team that suffered it's two losses immediately after it lost it's most valuable player and it took Fairfield some time to rebound. Overall I think Newton has more speed, I don't doubt that at all, but Fairfield is not slow. I think right now Fairfield is playing it's best football, and the defense will be there like it always is. The question is if the offense will be stagnant or not. I think it will be a close game but Fairfield's offense will show up and it will be the defense to win it. Even if Newton was to win, it will NOT be a blowout by any means of the word. Fairfield's offense will play it's best game of the year though and in the end it will be:

Fairfield 21
Newton 16

dwhite_eaglesfan
11-12-2003, 09:52 PM
Most people has this game a Newton blowout. No one knows what will happen on any given night. Now,let me ask this. What is Newton? Let me answer that,it is a town on the map just like Fairfield,Crockett,Jasper, Mexia, Bellville,Marlin,ect.ect.ect. Two good football teams will go head to head Friday night. No one knows who wil win until the last second ticks off the clock.I will tell you this,Fairfield is not going over there to lay down,they will be ready to play. Good luck Fairfield and Newton,and may the best team win. See you Friday.

fhseagle
11-13-2003, 03:56 PM
in just about 28 hours we are going to see the start of the battle of the eagles. trust me when i say that my boys from fairfield are going to bring it, and they will be ready for newton. is newton gonna bring it?

98Eagle
11-13-2003, 07:51 PM
Are the Newton Eagles goin to bring it??? Get ready cause the Pain Train is comin!! Whooo Whoo
http://www.edtracy.com/NHSSports/Football03/vargame7jasperHC/j26_small.JPG

noitall
11-13-2003, 08:57 PM
Fairfield gets plenty of respect during the season but these Newton boys are pretty awesome.If both teams play up to their ability Newton will win by 14. Good luck to both teams

Pedestrian
11-13-2003, 09:35 PM
98eagle...like the pic of the Pain Train captain.

The Fairfield defense is quick and gets to the football, but no one has mentioned the Newton D during all of this jabber. I can't wait till the game. The last time Newton graced the Nacadoches Highschool field with their presence, they won 49-0. See you at the game.

spiveyrat
11-14-2003, 08:11 AM
98Eagle:

http://www.edtracy.com/NHSSports/Football03/vargame7jasperHC/j26_small.JPGMan, you gotta be fast when you look fast in a still picture! :D

fhseagle
11-14-2003, 08:15 AM
that kid looks hella fast...what speed does he run in the 40...4.3??? i'll be sure to pay attention to him tonight when im at the game.

DOGcatcher
11-14-2003, 10:00 AM
http://www.edtracy.com/d9.JPG

GOOD LUCK SENIORS.... GIVE'EM HELL!!!!! :cool:

Festus1
11-14-2003, 10:23 AM
Hey fhseagle. I saw that David Campbell picked Fairfield to upset Newton and all sportswriters at the Waco Trib keeps the game pretty close. I also noted that Campbell picked Mexia over Jasper. I think the Newton game should be no blowout. I do, however, think Newton will win. The Jasper pick is another deal. Unless Jasper falls completely apart, they should win easily over Mexia.

oak flat
11-14-2003, 10:30 AM
98 Eagle, that's an awesome pic of the "old man". One of the true living legends of high school football in this state and a better person. Good luck to yall tonight. Dogcatcher, see you and your dipsh** friend tonight at the game.

cunbed10
11-14-2003, 10:38 AM
fhseagle:
that kid looks hella fast...what speed does he run in the 40...4.3??? i'll be sure to pay attention to him tonight when im at the game.Yeah and no one from Fairfield will catch him, buy the way; how is the sex change you had! :D

DOGcatcher
11-14-2003, 12:15 PM
oak flat:
98 Eagle, that's an awesome pic of the "old man". One of the true living legends of high school football in this state and a better person. Good luck to yall tonight. Dogcatcher, see you and your dipsh** friend tonight at the game.LOL .. Make sure you give us a call after the game.. I think were taking my vehicle...

spiveyrat
11-14-2003, 01:03 PM
Festus1:
Hey fhseagle. I saw that David Campbell picked Fairfield to upset Newton and all sportswriters at the Waco Trib keeps the game pretty close. I also noted that Campbell picked Mexia over Jasper. I think the Newton game should be no blowout. I do, however, think Newton will win. The Jasper pick is another deal. Unless Jasper falls completely apart, they should win easily over Mexia.Dave Campbell is out of his mind! :rolleyes:

zeke
11-14-2003, 02:10 PM

numberonefan
11-14-2003, 02:25 PM
Think about it....most teams do not want to play Newton or Jasper in preseason.

EAGLE89
11-14-2003, 03:17 PM
In reference to the post by Zeke regarding the pre-district schedules of Jasper and Newton. I cannot speak for Jasper, but I will agree that there aren't exactly power house teams on
Newton's pre-district schedule this year and that also applies to last years schedule.

This is because if you look back on the last UIL realignment for the golden triangle/southeast texas area you will find that all of the area's 4a schools were combined into one "super" district, I think there are 9 teams all together and they only have one pre-district game before entering into a grueling district schedule.

As a result of this realignment most of Newton's usual pre-district opponents have as result been taken out of the picture. Believe me, It has always been Coach Barbay's philososophy that playing strong, high quality teams is a must to maintain a strong program. Newton has always relished the oppotunity to play the 4A's of this area and history shows that they have more than held their own against the West Orange Stark's, PNG's, Ozen's, Silsbee's etc. From what I understand, some of these teams on this year's schedule have already been dropped off and Coach Barbay is doing his best to replace them with much more talented opponents. It's all talk and hearsay at this point, so if any of you Newton folks could verify this with team names, I would appreciate it.

Good luck to both teams may it be an injury free ball game. Go Purple & White!!!!!!!!!

fhseagle
11-14-2003, 04:30 PM
i am still having a hard time digesting the fact that people have been "unimpressed" with fairfields offense. fairfield averages 240 yards a game this year. but when the offense starts out around midfield all game, and racks up 240 yards, thats a whole lot. do you see what im saying??? fairfields offense isnt impressive because it DOESNT HAVE TO BE!!! Fairfield's defensive squad plays outstanding so the offense doesnt have to. our team is not an an offense-oriented team. now when we have to play offense, we can. take the last drive of the 2nd quarter against the madisonville mustangs. with maybe 3 minutes left on the clock, we drove 80 yards (from our own 20), and scored with .13 left to go up 17-6. fairfield has talent, they have the coaches, and they have experience...but what they arent getting is credit. but maybe that will change after tonight. well folks, its about 3.30pm, and we are leaving at 4, so im about to get off of here...

KICKOFF IS IN THREE HOURS.

pakrat
11-14-2003, 08:04 PM
fhseagel What,,,,,Not getting credit? Are they trying borrow money,or get a loan?

on_deck14
11-14-2003, 08:15 PM
fairfield will get romped by atleast 14 tonite, i have seen both teams play.

Backwoods
11-15-2003, 01:31 AM
30 to zip. Enough said. Weak schedule and district Zeke? All 20-AAA teams are still in the hunt. Not impressed. :D

JasperDog94
11-15-2003, 02:09 AM
Way to go Newton! :D :D :D

Sounds like you guys played a heck of a lot better than my dawgs. Best of luck to both teams next week.

The Civilian
11-15-2003, 02:52 AM
Newton-30
Fairfield-0

Fairfield had a hell of defense, but just could not stop our Newton Eagles. Our defense shut down the Fairfield Eagles all night. Everbody should of seen the hit that Newtons #48,Bennett put on Fairfields #4.That boy was seeing stars for sure. Newton is looking foward to Marlin next week.

Civilian

j_dog
11-15-2003, 03:06 AM
The Civilian:
Newton-30
Fairfield-0
CivilianWay to go Newton! Congratulations! :)

And Diboll won 44-12 over Crockett, and Jasper struggled, but still won over Mexia 20-9. District 20-3a scored 94 points total to 21 total for 19-3a. Boy, is 20-3a tough or what. Good luck to all three teams next week! :D

pakrat
11-15-2003, 11:19 AM
Did Farfield "0" get 240 yds,starding from the50 yard line??????

dwhite_eaglesfan
11-15-2003, 11:56 AM
Congrats to Newton. I was wrong we were not ready to play. We was beaten be a very good football team with alot of speed and a team that plays good fundamental mistake free football. They are well coached. We were horribly out coached. Good luck next week.

Pedestrian
11-15-2003, 01:57 PM
Newton played alot more physical football than fairfield did. Fairfield had a good defense but the newton running attack was too much. We made some mistakes but we live to play again.

98Eagle
11-15-2003, 03:20 PM
98Eagle:
Are the Newton Eagles goin to bring it??? Get ready cause the Pain Train is comin!! Whooo Whoo
http://www.edtracy.com/NHSSports/Football03/vargame7jasperHC/j26_small.JPGThe "Pain Train" aka Ty Hopkins made his presence felt vs. Fairfield, his stats from last night:
19 carries 208 yards & 4 touchdowns
Whooo Whooo!!

zeke
11-15-2003, 08:19 PM
By TERRY STEED/Special to the Daily Sun
NACOGDOCHES -- Fairfield and Newton met Friday night in a battle of the Eagles in a Class 3A Division II Region III bi-district matchup.

Fairfield's Eagles, representing District 19-3A, met District 20-3A Newton with a chance to advance to the next round against the winner of the Waco La Vega-Marlin game. Newton dominated on the ground and won the turnover battle to post an easy 30-0 win, ending Fairfield's season at 8-3.

Fairfield never found an answer for Newton's Ty Hopkins who rushed for 208 yards and four touchdowns.

Newton opened the scoring in the first quarter when the ball was snapped over Fairfield punter Ben Gillen-Hall's head and out of the end zone for a safety and 2-0 lead. Following the free kick, Newton drove 14 plays and converted twice on fourth down before fumbling at the 2 yard line where Jeffery Krieg recovered for Fairfield.

Newton forced a punt on the next possession and returned the ball to the Fairfield 24 on a 62 yard return. Four plays later Ty Hopkins scored from the one on third and goal and Lance Simmons PAT made the score 9-0 Newton. Later in the quarter Newton drove 59 yards in four plays capped by Hopkins 25-yard sprint over right tackle and Fairfield found themselves down 16-0 at the half.

Fairfield managed three, three-and-outs in the third quarter and allowed another touchdown run by Hopkins to fall behind 23-0 through three quarters. Fairfield finally started moving the ball in the final period but had two fumbles in the quarter and were unable to make a serious threat. Hopkins scored his final touchdown in the period on a nice 20-yard sprint late in the game to make the 30-0 final.

Hopkins led all rushers with 208 yards on 19 carries and the four touchdowns while Jose Gallegos finished with 48 yards on 10 carries for Fairfield. Chance Elliott had a rough night passing for Fairfield with five completions in 17 attempts and 24 yards while Newton quarterback Joe McLemore was a more efficient 3-for-4 for 40 yards.
http://www.corsicanadailysun.com/articles/2003/11/16/sports/sports03.txt

Backwoods
11-15-2003, 09:00 PM
Thanks for the info Zeke. LOL wink

Old Cardinal
11-15-2003, 10:26 PM
Well I drove a long way to see Newton play Fairfield and I was sure not disappointed. Fairfield was never in the game. I knew that Orangefield would take out Liberty so I opted to go see a tighter ballgame. Instead Newton just dominated. Newton, Jasper and Diboll pretty well collapsed that District up there. Stay focused Newton and see just how far you can go this year!

duckbutter
11-16-2003, 10:01 AM
Thanks OC, if you want to see a game you need to watch us again this week.

Old No. 7
11-17-2003, 08:41 AM
Congrat.s to Newton! Fairfield yall never gave up but that Newton defense is salty. Good luck next week. I hope the scoreboard is working this week.

Fairfeild did win the half time show.LOL. Newton's band is not very big but they sound good.

DOGcatcher
11-17-2003, 10:14 AM
hey Zeke, you made a comment about me in one of your posts.

I GUESS I WASN'T WRONG ABOUT THAT DISTRICT!!!!!! :p :p :p

eaglefan
11-17-2003, 10:37 AM
Well guys I was at the game Friday but have not been able to get to a computer til now. I really was in shock at the end of the game. Newton, for one, was way better than a thought. That is a pure compliment to Newton because I already thought that they were an awesome football team. Fairfield's coaching job was horrible I thought though. Over the course of the year they have done some questionable things, but Friday night everything seemed to fall apart. Newton dominated in every facet of the game offensively, defensively, and definitely special teams. I am really curious about the game with ya'll and Marlin. That is gonna be a great one to watch, and I know that ya'll have revenge on your minds from last season. Should be an interesting game. Good luck to the Newton Eagles, I never mind seeing a quality team like ya'll with an emotional spark like ya'll have move on. Also congrats to the Fairfield Eagles on a successful season. You guys went through a lot of adversity this season and still did what people began to question.

Backwoods
11-17-2003, 01:01 PM
Thanks Eaglefan. Classy post. Best wishes for the future. :) :)