PDA

View Full Version : Rumor that I heard about Rockdale

Pick6
08-28-2008, 02:06 PM
I heard that they've never, ever, had a WR that could even start on any JV team in West Texas.

Old Tiger
08-28-2008, 02:08 PM
Yup that's cause he'd be starting on varsity! ;)

We had a guy who played receiver that was an All-American at UMHB. :)

Pick6
08-28-2008, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue

Regardless of what they told you, waterboy isn't a position. :)

Old Tiger
08-28-2008, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by Pick6
Regardless of what they told you, waterboy isn't a position. :) it'll get you a letter:p ;)

Texasfootball2
08-28-2008, 03:16 PM

UMHB:crazy: at least come up with a player who acomplished something as a "scholarship" athlete. Come Blue, with all that talent and speed you preach about out there in reg 3, surely you can come up with someone from Rockdale that has done something at a D1 school. I realize the Mr. Defensive End is at A&M and he's probably going to get lots of playing time this year, but give someone, just one that did something at the D1 level.

87 TIGER
08-28-2008, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2
UMHB:crazy: at least come up with a player who acomplished something as a "scholarship" athlete. Come Blue, with all that talent and speed you preach about out there in reg 3, surely you can come up with someone from Rockdale that has done something at a D1 school. I realize the Mr. Defensive End is at A&M and he's probably going to get lots of playing time this year, but give someone, just one that did something at the D1 level. Just one? ok
Stryker Sulak DE Missiouri Tigers, Germaine Dawson DB North Texas, both active , bbde Texas a&m, Several in years past like every school in Texas. Shhh, don't tell anyone we've even had some play in he nfl

Texasfootball2
08-28-2008, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by 87 TIGER
Just one? ok
Stryker Sulak DE Missiouri Tigers, Germaine Dawson DB North Texas, both active , bbde Texas a&m, Several in years past like every school in Texas. Shhh, don't tell anyone we've even had some play in he nfl

I can live with those, even though I've only heard on one "Stryker". Active doesn't exactly mean that much, but if there starting and contributing I can live with that. Can't believe Blue hasn't commented on this.

nobogey72
08-28-2008, 03:37 PM
I was at the Whataburger in Mexia and I heard that Celina could beat MHBU. I also heard that last years 6 man state Champion Richland Springs could beat Rockdale. :thinking:

Johnny Utah
08-28-2008, 03:37 PM
Where do I start. I will help a little Go Blue.....
Just from the Tigers of the 90's....(some from late 80's as well)
Dexter Wesley---OLine at A&M, was with Oilers training camp, coaching at Aldine Eisenhower
Larry Jackson---LB at A&M, strength coach at U of H!
Larry White---DB at Sam Houston(oldest of the White brothers, and they were all athletes!!)
Greg Gerthe---Full Ride to Tulane as OLineman
Travis Ortega---Full Ride to Rice, played Canadian League, was coaching at U of H, now in real estate.
PJ Williams---won national title at Blinn, Professional Baseball, All_American at UMHB, Coaching in Sealy
Blade Bassler--TE at U of H, brother Brooks was a high jumper there(also played on bball team for 1 year)
Decius Tasby---LB at UMHB, coached there and is coaching in hs ranks
Melvin Gardner---DE at Baylor, injuries forced to him go to UMHB.

Bull's-eye
08-28-2008, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by nobogey72
I was at the Whataburger in Mexia and I heard that Celina could beat MHBU. I also heard that last years 6 man state Champion Richland Springs could beat Rockdale. :thinking:

Would that be Richland Spring's 6 players vs Rockdale's 11?? :confused:

Johnny Utah
Oh, Angela Whites older brother played at U of Minnesota!

Pick6
Originally posted by Johnny Utah
Dexter Wesley---OLine at A&M, was with Oilers training camp, coaching at Aldine Eisenhower
Larry White---DB at Sam Houston(oldest of the White brothers, and they were all athletes!!)
Travis Ortega---Full Ride to Rice, played Canadian League, was coaching at U of H, now in real estate.
PJ Williams---won national title at Blinn, Professional Baseball, All_American at UMHB, Coaching in Sealy
Blade Bassler--TE at U of H, brother Brooks was a high jumper there(also played on bball team for 1 year)

That helps prove my point. Where are the stud WR's at?

87 TIGER
08-28-2008, 03:40 PM
I can live with those, even though I've only heard on one "Stryker". Active doesn't exactly mean that much, but if there starting and contributing I can live with that. Can't believe Blue hasn't commented on this. Yes Stryker and Germaine are both starters, not sure about bbde. And I agree I can't believe Blue is silent, he must be doing some reserch.

Johnny Utah
08-28-2008, 03:40 PM
PJ was a STUD, Larry White as well. Ortega started at FS as a FISH in hs, SS at Rice(he abused receivers if that helps!!)

Texasfootball2
08-28-2008, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by Johnny Utah

Man thats a good list, but there are lots of kids from every region that get scholarships and are on a roster for four or five years. I was asking him for those who actually achieved some honors. Like All Big 12, or All "What ever conference", or All American at the D1 level.

Old Tiger
08-28-2008, 03:43 PM
That helps prove my point. Where are the stud WR's at? Throughout Rockdale's history there have been many good WR's but Rockdale mainly ran the ball in thsoe days....

Top 3 Receivers in Rockdale's history according to stats is

PJ Williams, Casey Lane, Joseph Sanders(Jr still in HS).

87 TIGER
08-28-2008, 03:47 PM
That helps prove my point. Where are the stud WR's at? P J Williams is the best reciever to come out of Rockdale.We've always been more of a running team

87 TIGER
08-28-2008, 03:52 PM
Throughout Rockdale's history there have been many good WR's but Rockdale mainly ran the ball in thsoe days....

PJ Williams, Casey Lane, Joseph Sanders(Jr still in HS). top 3 P J Williams, Dominique Mack, & Joe Sanders. Sanders will probably be the all time career reciever after his senior year unless they switch him back to QB after this year. He is only 800 yds away with 2 years left to play.

nobogey72
08-28-2008, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by 87 TIGER
P J Williams is the best reciever to come out of Rockdale.We've always been more of a running team

So, essentially what you're saying is that to be in the top 3 WR's from Rockdale would be comparable to being one of the top 3 downhill skiiers from Laredo.:D

garciap77
08-28-2008, 04:07 PM
UMHB:crazy: at least come up with a player who acomplished something as a "scholarship" athlete. Come Blue, with all that talent and speed you preach about out there in reg 3, surely you can come up with someone from Rockdale that has done something at a D1 school. I realize the Mr. Defensive End is at A&M and he's probably going to get lots of playing time this year, but give someone, just one that did something at the D1 level.

Hey! They are the best 7 on 7 in the state! It's the other football that they are not good at!:D

garciap77
08-28-2008, 04:14 PM
I heard that they've never, ever, had a WR that could even start on any JV team in West Texas.

Well you are wrong! It's not a Rumor, because someone heard it at the Wataburger in Mexia!:D

Dogman_1969
08-28-2008, 05:13 PM
Man thats a good list, but there are lots of kids from every region that get scholarships and are on a roster for four or five years. I was asking him for those who actually achieved some honors. Like All Big 12, or All "What ever conference", or All American at the D1 level.

Just go to the Mizzu Football page and look at Stryker Sulak's bio. Several 1st team all big 12 honors as a junior and he is returning for his senior season this fall in great shape.

Also, go to this weeks Rockdale Reporter and read the article about LeRoy Caffey, All Pro DE, who played for Vince Lombardi in the Packers glory days and in games such as the Ice Bowl.

Great high school players do not always make great college players or Pro athletes but Rockdale has had it's share of great ones. Just visit the Tiger Hall of Honor that will be located inside the new Tiger Gym that is scheduled for completion before the 2009 school year. You will be surprised at the names listed and I would put these names up against any schools honor athletes at any level of competition.

I'm sure that you guys all think that Rockdale will be a push over again this season as well as the next few years and plan to get your shots in while you think you can. I also would imagine that most of you guys taking the shots haven't sniffed a dirty locker room much less played a down of college ball at the D1 level and want to take unearned credit for someone else's sweat and dedication so fire away and if you get a chance buy a ticket and come on out and watch this seasons Tiger football team.

Good luck to all the athletes this season from the Dogman.........

Old Tiger
08-28-2008, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by Dogman_1969
Just go to the Mizzu Football page and look at Stryker Sulak's bio. Several 1st team all big 12 honors as a junior and he is returning for his senior season this fall in great shape.

Also, go to this weeks Rockdale Reporter and read the article about LeRoy Caffey, All Pro DE, who played for Vince Lombardi in the Packers glory days and in games such as the Ice Bowl.

Great high school players do not always make great college players or Pro athletes but Rockdale has had it's share of great ones. Just visit the Tiger Hall of Honor that will be located inside the new Tiger Gym that is scheduled for completion before the 2009 school year. You will be surprised at the names listed and I would put these names up against any schools honor athletes at any level of competition.

I'm sure that you guys all think that Rockdale will be a push over again this season as well as the next few years and plan to get your shots in while you think you can. I also would imagine that most of you guys taking the shots haven't sniffed a dirty locker room much less played a down of college ball at the D1 level and want to take unearned credit for someone else's sweat and dedication so fire away and if you get a chance buy a ticket and come on out and watch this seasons Tiger football team.

Good luck to all the athletes this season from the Dogman......... Stryker's RS Freshmen year he was all freshmen big 12

DaHop72
08-28-2008, 05:28 PM
Throughout Rockdale's history there have been many good WR's but Rockdale mainly ran the ball in thsoe days....

Casey Lane. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

cameron91
08-28-2008, 06:36 PM
lol , a Rockdale Roast:D

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
08-28-2008, 07:03 PM
I don't really have anything meaningful to contribute to this argument.

Darren
08-28-2008, 07:16 PM

Who was that? Shawn Rochan (spelling).

ProudHornetMom
08-28-2008, 10:58 PM

Name all the scholarship athletes from your school.

Rockdale has a very successful athletic program, aren't afraid to play any team...known for not backing down or away from anyone...even in west Texas. ;)

garciap77
08-28-2008, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by ProudHornetMom
Name all the scholarship athletes from your school.

Rockdale has a very successful athletic program, aren't afraid to play any team...known for not backing down or away from anyone...even in west Texas. ;)

nobogey72!

rockdale80
08-28-2008, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by Dogman_1969

Good luck to all the athletes this season from the Dogman.........

Good luck to your son and the rest of the Tigers tomorrow night. I will make some games to check them out. Cant wait!:)

Johnny Utah
08-29-2008, 07:48 AM
Brandon Everage..All American at OU!! Oh, wrong town! LOL!!! GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pirate4state
08-29-2008, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
I don't really have anything meaningful to contribute to this argument. Tragic.

I'm not sure what to think about this thread. :speech: :dispntd: