PDA

View Full Version : Ingleside -vs- CC Miller

99IHSMustang
08-28-2008, 01:08 PM
From what I have heard, Ingleside still has some ?'s as to what they are going to look like since they have very few returning starters. On the other hand, their JV squad was undefeated and did so pretty single handedly. Miller is supposed to have some big boys this year, but I haven't heard anything more than that. Anyone else have any insight on how these two teams will match up?

Phil C
08-28-2008, 01:49 PM
This should be an epic classical game. CC Miller will be improved and Ingleside will still be a power so don't let the fact they they lost athletes fool you. Remember they had a great JV team and they will be tough. The Gulf waves will be rumbling under the collision of these football giants and it won't be due to no hurricane.

IHStangFan
08-28-2008, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
This should be an epic classical game. CC Miller will be improved and Ingleside will still be a power so don't let the fact they they lost athletes fool you. Remember they had a great JV team and they will be tough. The Gulf waves will be rumbling under the collision of these football giants and it won't be due to no hurricane. ......."Ditka verses a hurricane......DITKA BY A LANDSLIDE!" :D

99IHSMustang
08-29-2008, 10:52 PM
Ingleside looked decent tonight. In the first Half Ingleside’s offense was able to move the ball pretty consistently. The defense made key stops when necessary. Miller made too many mistakes and had several opportunities for interceptions, but couldn't hold onto the ball. Ingleside didn't have any turnovers. In the second half Miller managed to shut us down until late in the Fourth. We definitely have many areas we need to improve upon before we meet the likes of West Oso, Mathis, OG, and Sinton. Good Job Stangs.

SintonFan
08-29-2008, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by 99IHSMustang
Ingleside looked decent tonight. In the first Half Ingleside’s offense was able to move the ball pretty consistently. The defense made key stops when necessary. Miller made too many mistakes and had several opportunities for interceptions, but couldn't hold onto the ball. Ingleside didn't have any turnovers. In the second half Miller managed to shut us down until late in the Fourth. We definitely have many areas we need to improve upon before we meet the likes of West Oso, Mathis, OG, and Sinton. Good Job Stangs.
Who won Izz?:confused: :( :D

99IHSMustang
08-29-2008, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Who won Izz?:confused: :( :D

Final: Ingleside 30 CC Miller 7

IHStangFan
08-29-2008, 11:10 PM
Go Mustangs!

sotxrat
08-29-2008, 11:17 PM
way to go ingleside...i am completely surprised with this score

99IHSMustang
08-29-2008, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by sotxrat

From what I saw Ingleside's main problem is depth.. it is going to hurt the Mustangs if they make it to the playoffs. I didn't know what to expect from Ingleside either, but if they play better than what they did tonight I think they have a darn good shot at taking a playoff spot.

99IHSMustang
08-30-2008, 08:53 AM
The following article was retrieved on August 30, 2008 from http://www.caller.com/news/2008/aug/30/inglesides-defense-clicks-in-opening-victory/.

Ingleside's defense clicks in opening victory

By Lee Goddard (Contact)
Saturday, August 30, 2008

Ingleside 30, Miller 7

INGLESIDE -- The perception of Ingleside football over the past few seasons has been offense. Yards gained in chunks, high-scoring games. Not much defense.

Aaron Trujillo is doing his best to tear down that perception.

Trujillo, a standout defensive lineman and emotional leader of the Mustangs, led a brilliant effort Friday night at Mustang Stadium. As usually is the case, the points came for Ingleside. But the defense was showcased in a 30-7 season-opening victory against Class 4A Miller.

The 3A Mustangs (1-0) held the Buccaneers to, on average, little more than two rushing yards a carry. Miller earned two first downs on its first series and then waited roughly 20 minutes for another.

The Bucs (0-1) mustered a touchdown reception from Jesse Zuniga, their only real offensive threat Friday, to avert the shutout with 35 seconds remaining in the game.

"Whenever you think of Ingleside, you think of offense," said Trujillo, a senior. "Tonight, our defense actually clicked. In the past, we clicked on and off. We came together as a team and showed we're going to play hard."

It was a strong effort from a group that had been shaky. The defense lacked experience, exacerbated when safety/wide receiver Ritchie Ortiz tore an Achilles at the start of practice, knocking him out for the season.

The unit had been less than overwhelming during scrimmages and practices.

"We were a little bit concerned," Ingleside coach Graig Hesseltine said. "We didn't have a whole lot returning on the defensive side. Through two scrimmages, we didn't look good defensively. The coaches did an excellent job with the game plan, and the guys came out and executed it."

Then there was the offense. Despite replacing quarterback Josh Coffield, the district MVP last season, the Mustangs rattled off three touchdowns in an eight-minute span from the end of the first quarter to the middle of the second.

Receiver Steve Hamilton scored three times, twice rushing for a touchdowns -- including a weaving 16-yard run -- and grabbing a fourth-quarter scoring pass for another.

"We were good at times, and it's early in the season so execution is a problem," Hesseltine said. "We moved the ball. When we did have the ball, we made some plays. Things will only get better from here."

Miller can only hope for the same. Zuniga had 79 receiving yards, including a 51-yard play in which he shook past a defender.

But the Bucs were stuffed inside by Trujillo and company. After the game, Miller left right after shaking their opponents' hands, hustling off as the school's alma mater was playing.

A lecture likely ensued. If it's any consolation, though, the Bucs did spoil the shutout.

"I've got to be honest, I was a little mad," Trujillo said. "But it happened. We won, and you can't be unhappy with a big win."

Phil C
08-30-2008, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by sotxrat

I wasn't. I told you all that Ingleside was trying to sneak up on people. Now you know.