PDA

View Full Version : Breaking news out of Waco: La Vega's Chris Parr arrested

trojan37
08-28-2008, 11:14 AM
Just found this on the Waco Trib site. Not good news for La Vega.

Chris Parr arrested (http://www.wacotrib.com/blogs/content/shared-gen/blogs/communities/breakingnews/entries/2008/08/28/la_vega_football_star_arrested.html)

JR2004
08-28-2008, 11:19 AM
Not shocked by this. Too bad though. Hopefully he'll pull his head out of his rear end before it's too late.

c-town_balla
wow wow wow

I can't say I am terribly surprized. I had heard ALOT of things about him.

S_Tex_3A_Fan
Nice Hair

Did his head coach (Willie Williams) used to coach at Tarleton. He was at Tyler Lee at one point in time. He played at Austin College.

nobogey72
08-28-2008, 11:22 AM
For a hat and some shoes? WOW! That is sad.

Texasfootball2
08-28-2008, 11:23 AM
And the Coach's comment was that he "could not comment on whether he would be playing this Friday night", are you kidding me. The article says the kids in jail and being help on $75,000, and the coach is not sure. I know he legally can't comment on the case or the kid's involvement, but as the head coach he can say what ever he wants about his football team and whether or not he is playing or not.

On a more serious side, I hope it turns out that he's not involved. I hate to see any teenager ruin his life and his future, especially one who seemingly had a good future ahead of him in football and probably had a free education coming in a couple of years. Hope the best for him.

trojan37
08-28-2008, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by nobogey72
For a hat and some shoes? WOW! That is sad.

That's the exact same thing I thought when I first read it. Waco broke a Football Edition in the paper this morning covering college and local high schools, and there was a pretty big feature on La Vega and Parr and now this happens. Very sad.

Looking4number8
08-28-2008, 11:25 AM
Waco LaVega...We feel your pain....Kids will be kids but at some point you have to know better. I hurt for both the kids and the team mates

waterboy
08-28-2008, 11:39 AM
That's really sad. What a waste. Why do people do stupid things like that?

cats 2008
08-28-2008, 11:40 AM
wow such a great player to trought everything away.There was a kid from gainesville a few years ago that played rb and was always in trouble.I watched him play aginst burnet in the state game and wow he was so good.

Old Tiger
08-28-2008, 11:42 AM
true gangstas gotta have fly kicks and hats

garciap77
08-28-2008, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by lookingfornumbe
Waco LaVega...We feel your pain....Kids will be kids but at some point you have to know better. I hurt for both the kids and the team mates

Bad thing is this follows on into the NFL!:(

pirate4state
08-28-2008, 11:46 AM
tragic

cshscougar08
08-28-2008, 11:57 AM
Not surprised at all. He was having issues before the start of the season last season as well. That's why he didn't play in the first few games.

garciap77
08-28-2008, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by cshscougar08
Not surprised at all. He was having issues before the start of the season last season as well. That's why he didn't play in the first few games.

Can they still win without him?

3afan
08-28-2008, 12:01 PM
sounds like the streets of Waco/Bellmead are safer now ....

cshscougar08
08-28-2008, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
Can they still win without him?

Last year I would definitely say yes because of their solid defense and Kourtney was still there. This year, it's hard to say. Chad Ward is a good talent, but he will have to shoulder the full load now probably. Danzel Wilson will also have to be very good at QB. He already is, but he will have to be more so. And the defense isn't quite as stout as last season, but still pretty stout. They won't beat Brownwood, Abilene Wylie, or Crockett without him I don't think. With him, they can though.

garciap77
08-28-2008, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by cshscougar08
Last year I would definitely say yes because of their solid defense and Kourtney was still there. This year, it's hard to say. Chad Ward is a good talent, but he will have to shoulder the full load now probably. Danzel Wilson will also have to be very good at QB. He already is, but he will have to be more so. And the defense isn't quite as stout as last season, but still pretty stout. They won't beat Brownwood, Abilene Wylie, or Crockett without him I don't think. With him, they can though.

Sad, I was looking forward to this game! Wylie likes to play the best teams in pre-season will or loose, it is how they get better for district. Hope the team can adjust and still have a great seaon! Good luck this season!:)

cshscougar08
08-28-2008, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
Sad, I was looking forward to this game! Wylie likes to play the best teams in pre-season will or loose, it is how they get better for district. Hope the team can adjust and still have a great seaon! Good luck this season!:)

Well he might be playing. I haven't heard anything about disciplinary action from the school or team. Obviously the right thing to do would be to kick him off the team at least for this year if not for good. But I have seen things like this slide before and at in a football-crazed state like Texas, it wouldn't surprise me to see him on the field this season. Hopefully Coach Williams will do the right thing though.

trojan37
08-28-2008, 12:20 PM
I don't know if there are any rules against it, but if he can get out in time I honestly would not be surprised to see him on the field tomorrow night. I hope Coach williams makes the right decision.

TigerPride
08-28-2008, 12:20 PM
nice fro....

GO TIGERS!!!(the best 0-0 team in the state)

99IHSMustang
08-28-2008, 12:21 PM
Waste of talent down the drain.

pirate4state
08-28-2008, 12:32 PM
I think we can all agree that this is a sad/tragic/shame if this young man committed this crime, but this is not the forum to judge him. The link will remain b/c it is in the news, but there will be no further discussion on the subject. Thank you.