PDA

View Full Version : Region II game of the week

Pick6
08-28-2008, 09:11 AM
Is Region II so weak that they don't have a game of the week? Maybe they can call it Game of the Weak.

Txbroadcaster
08-28-2008, 09:12 AM
they have a couple of real good choices IMO

Whitesboro vs Pilot Point

and Paris NL vs Liberty Eylau

pirate4state
08-28-2008, 09:13 AM
Region II editor hasn't been on the board in a few days. :(

JR2004
08-28-2008, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by Pick6
Is Region II so weak that they don't have a game of the week? Maybe they can call it Game of the Weak.

Our region isn't very good at all. It's been on a downhill slide since the end of the 2005 season and isn't showing any signs of getting better anytime soon.

waterboy
08-28-2008, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Y'all gonna fire 'em?:D If he's MIA, y'all gonna find a backup?

trojan37
08-28-2008, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by JR2004
Our region isn't very good at all. It's been on a downhill slide since the end of the 2005 season and isn't showing any signs of getting better anytime soon.

What? Weak??? You have 8 time state champion Celina in that region. You're not weak.

:stirpot:

pirate4state
08-28-2008, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by waterboy
Y'all gonna fire 'em?:D If he's MIA, y'all gonna find a backup?

I dunno. Probably not ;)

WildTexan972
08-28-2008, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by trojan37
What? Weak??? You have 8 time state champion Celina in that region. You're not weak.

:stirpot:

but he said the REGION is weak and that is true....it is not as tough a run thru the playoffs in II as it is now even in Region 1.....and 3 is still pretty good....

2 has been pretty good for Div1 teams the last few years, but Div2 has not been as strong....2 and 4 are not as tough this year as 1 and 3....and for Region1 to be better than about any region is a big step up from the past....

those Reg1 playoffs in Div2 are going to be fun to watch all the matchups this year....

Old Tiger
08-28-2008, 12:55 PM
Do the Paris North Lamar and the Liberty Eyleau game

ronwx5x
08-28-2008, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by WildTexan972
but he said the REGION is weak and that is true....it is not as tough a run thru the playoffs in II as it is now even in Region 1.....and 3 is still pretty good....

2 has been pretty good for Div1 teams the last few years, but Div2 has not been as strong....2 and 4 are not as tough this year as 1 and 3....and for Region1 to be better than about any region is a big step up from the past....

those Reg1 playoffs in Div2 are going to be fun to watch all the matchups this year....

If translated into English, what does this say?:eek:

LH Panther Mom
08-28-2008, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by ronwx5x
If translated into English, what does this say?:eek: I think it says most strong DI teams are in another region and that the region I DII team is going to kick Celina's bootay in the semis. :stirpot: :stirpot:

Lion_Addict
08-28-2008, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
I think it says most strong DI teams are in another region and that the region I DII team is going to kick Celina's bootay in the semis. :stirpot: :stirpot:

Heh Heh.......I like :D

ronwx5x
08-28-2008, 01:35 PM
I think it says most strong DI teams are in another region and that the region I DII team is going to kick Celina's bootay in the semis. :stirpot: :stirpot:

LHPM, if I understand it the LH/Giddings M&G is at halftime, but under "which goalpost"? See, there are lots of things I don't get until explained!

LH Panther Mom
08-28-2008, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by ronwx5x
LHPM, if I understand it the LH/Giddings M&G is at halftime, but under "which goalpost"? See, there are lots of things I don't get until explained! Scoreboard goalposts, I think. :confused:

I'll be there for any pre-game or halftime folks. :)

icu812
08-28-2008, 01:45 PM
These are all Reg. II Div. II teams right? 4 out the past 5 yrs is weak?

3A Division II - Atlanta 34, Marlin 0

3A Division II - Gilmer 49, Jasper 47

3A Division II - Tatum 38, Hutto 34

3A Division II - Celina

Old Tiger
08-28-2008, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by icu812

3A Division II - Celina region II is top heavy with teams....about three great teams at the top. Consistantly region III is loaded all through

waterboy
08-28-2008, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by icu812

3A Division II - Celina
Gilmer and Tatum have been moved to Region III now. The last few years you could make an argument that Region II might have been the best, but I don't think that's the case any longer. BTW, you left Liberty-Eylau out of that list. They were the DII champs in 2006.;)

Old Tiger
08-28-2008, 02:11 PM
Gilmer and Tatum have been moved to Region III now. The last few years you could make an argument that Region II might have been the best, but I don't think that's the case any longer. BTW, you left Liberty-Eylau out of that list. They were the DII champs in 2006.;)
You're lookinjust at state titles not the entire region.....Celina had a cake walk to the title game in region II. The past two year region III was the deepest and best region

Texasfootball2
08-28-2008, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
You're lookinjust at state titles not the entire region.....Celina had a cake walk to the title game in region II. The past two year region III was the deepest and best region

Well I don't know if I've ever heard this before "region III is the best region"?:thinking: :doh: :confused: :crazy1: :blahblah:

icu812
08-28-2008, 02:34 PM

LE was the Div I champ out of Reg. 2 I think. You may be right about Reg. III being stronger this year because of the teams that moved to Reg. III from Reg. II.

Anyway you want to slice it regions that include part of NE Texas are not weak.

waterboy
08-28-2008, 02:36 PM
Okay, I guess if you look at it that way, there was more parity from top to bottom in Region III, but there was always that one good team in Region II. I see what you're saying, though.

charlesrixey
08-28-2008, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state

i've been shooting on a rifle range all week

the pick em' is up; about to make a thread with the gotw

Txbroadcaster
08-28-2008, 02:46 PM
Being a Region II 3A fan it pains me to say this...but the region is WAY down

Jefferson, and D-Field are 2A..as is White Oak now

Spring Hill, Gladewater, Wills Point, Atlanta are not as strong as they once were

as mentioned Tatum, Gilmer, Chapel Hill are now Region III

Van, Canton, Brownsboro are solid, but not what I would call top teams

The region used to be East Texas loaded...basically the DFW area Region II teams season ended the round they matched up with East Texas....not so now..DFW Region II with Celina and possibly Madison are stronger IMO

yes at the top Region II still has the names

but 3-4 years ago you could say the 6th best team in Region II would possibly win another region, cant even get close to saying that now

Texasfootball2
08-28-2008, 03:05 PM

Okay, it's time to start this argument once again. I've composed a list of teams from Reg. 1 and Reg 3 that are considered by "MOST" not just Blue and a few, but "most" as being thought of as really good to great football teams that could possibly go three rounds or further in the playoffs if they stay healthy. I'm sure some of you will add to this list and thats OK, the more opinions the better, but it's a great starting point. Obviously I think Reg 1 is the toughest, but it's just my opinion.

Reg 1 - Liberty Hill, Ab. Wylie, Brownwood, Snyder, Burnet, China Springs, Graham, Sweetwater, Decatur, Vernon, Burkburnett, Glen Rose, Wimberely, Monohans, Andrews . ** ( Dist 2 and 8 are absolute beast districts)

Reg 3 - Gilmer, Tatum, WOS, Waco LV, Diboll, Ty. Chapel Hill, Navasota, Sealy, Silsbee, Robinson

Have at it, I'm sure there will be more and it should be interesting.

Old Tiger
08-28-2008, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2
Okay, it's time to start this argument once again. I've composed a list of teams from Reg. 1 and Reg 3 that are considered by "MOST" not just Blue and a few, but "most" as being thought of as really good to great football teams that could possibly go three rounds or further in the playoffs if they stay healthy. I'm sure some of you will add to this list and thats OK, the more opinions the better, but it's a great starting point. Obviously I think Reg 1 is the toughest, but it's just my opinion.

Reg 1 - Liberty Hill, Ab. Wylie, Brownwood, Snyder, Burnet, China Springs, Graham, Sweetwater, Decatur, Vernon, Burkburnett, Glen Rose, Wimberely, Monohans, Andrews . ** ( Dist 2 and 8 are absolute beast districts)

Reg 3 - Gilmer, Tatum, WOS, Waco LV, Diboll, Ty. Chapel Hill, Navasota, Sealy, Silsbee, Robinson

You're giving to much credit to some teams in Region I.

I see the regions as this....

Region I - Abilene Wylie, Brownwood, Liberty Hill, China Spring, Snyder, Graham, Burnet, Monohans & Wimberely

Region II - Celina, Farmersville, Paris North Lamar, Dallas Roosevelt & Paris

Region III - Navasota, Gilmer, Jasper, Diboll, Waco La Vega, West Orange-Stark, Tatum, Cameron Yoe, Carthage, Silsbee

Region IV - Giddings, Sealy, Cuero, Port Isabel, CC West Oso, Bellville

Txbroadcaster
08-28-2008, 03:18 PM

I would add in Region III

Carthage, Jasper, Crockett

As strong as 8 is on top..I dont think the whole district is a beast, I think top 3-4 teams are solid

I dont think teams like Graham, Glen Rose, Sweetwater as top teams in the region...solid teams, yes, but I would not say those teams are teams that will be the bellcow of Region I, or even teams that are likely to go 3 rounds deep...and Graham and Sweetwater very well could be at home

Txbroadcaster
08-28-2008, 03:21 PM
and I would also take Tatum off the list..this is not normal Tatum this year and dont be surpised if they end up 3rd in district or sitting at home

Texasfootball2
08-28-2008, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
I would add in Region III

Carthage, Jasper, Crockett

As strong as 8 is on top..I dont think the whole district is a beast, I think top 3-4 teams are solid

I dont think teams like Graham, Glen Rose, Sweetwater as top teams in the region...solid teams, yes, but I would not say those teams are teams that will be the bellcow of Region I, or even teams that are likely to go 3 rounds deep...and Graham and Sweetwater very well could be at home

I do not disagree with you, and both may very well stay home for the playoffs, but I think you would agree that there is not one district in Reg 3 that both of them would not at least make the playoffs in. And thats my point about reg. 1.

Txbroadcaster
08-28-2008, 03:24 PM
I do not disagree with you, and both may very well stay home for the playoffs, but I think you would agree that there is not one district in Reg 3 that both of them would not at least make the playoffs in. And thats my point about reg. 1.

there are 3 or 4 districts I dont think they would make the play-offs in Region III

two off the top of my head

Gilmer's District

JAsper's District

I can say almost 100% they would not only miss the play-offs but be fortunate to get one or two wins

Texasfootball2
08-28-2008, 03:28 PM
there are 3 or 4 districts I dont think they would make the play-offs in Region III

two off the top of my head

Gilmer's District

JAsper's District

I can say almost 100% they would not only miss the play-offs but be fortunate to get one or two wins

I might give you Gilmers district (even though I think they can play with Chapel Hill) but I think they can compete with everybody in Jaspers district.

Txbroadcaster
08-28-2008, 03:29 PM
I might give you Gilmers district (even though I think they can play with Chapel Hill) but I think they can compete with everybody in Jaspers district.

sorry but I dont think they would win agianst Jasper, or Diboll, or Carthage

and so not sleep on Chapel Hill, they MIGHT be one of the top 3 talented teams in Region III and their coaching has finally got the talent developed into discipline consistent football players

Texasfootball2
08-28-2008, 03:30 PM
sorry but I dont think they would win agianst Jasper, or Diboll, or Carthage I respect your opinion:D

Old Tiger
08-28-2008, 03:33 PM
I might give you Gilmers district (even though I think they can play with Chapel Hill) but I think they can compete with everybody in Jaspers district. No way....that district is loaded with talent.....Diboll and Jasper are the top two and Carthage and rusk are good....

I don't think they could make it in the playoffs in district 24 either...

Madisonville, Navasota, Caldwell, Cameron Yoe, Rockdale

Texasfootball2
08-28-2008, 03:38 PM
No way....that district is loaded with talent.....Diboll and Jasper are the top two and Carthage and rusk are good....

I don't think they could make it in the playoffs in district 24 either...

Madisonville, Navasota, Caldwell, Cameron Yoe, Rockdale

Rockdale?:doh: I think Breckenridge can beat Rockdale.

icu812
08-28-2008, 03:52 PM
sorry but I dont think they would win agianst Jasper, or Diboll, or Carthage

and so not sleep on Chapel Hill, they MIGHT be one of the top 3 talented teams in Region III and their coaching has finally got the talent developed into discipline consistent football players

I agree Chapel Hill will be good this year and Carthage will be even better.

The more I look at it Reg. III is loaded this year with so many of the North ET teams moving into Reg. III. I kinda hate to see traditional rivals within a 45 min. drive from Van such as Chapel Hill, Brownsboro and Bullard move to Reg. III.

WildTexan972
08-28-2008, 04:18 PM

NO, but an almost good try....it CLEARLY says that D1 teams in Region 2 have been pretty decent the last couple of years, like Gilmer and Eylooooo and Royse City.....but not many very good D2 teams of late.....

it also CLEARLY in plain English says.....whoever comes out of Region1 will get killed by Celina in the semi's....can you people not read or what?