PDA

View Full Version : How bad will giddings beat liberty hill?

cats 2008
08-27-2008, 09:30 PM
I say giddings wins 48-14

trojan37
08-27-2008, 09:31 PM
Lot's of drugs where you live?

Ranger Mom
08-27-2008, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by cats 2008

http://www.thecraziesforum.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/crazy.jpg

Snydertigersrul
08-27-2008, 09:37 PM

You got the score right, but the wrong team winning.

wimbo_pro
08-27-2008, 09:40 PM

Of course its possible that Giddings will beat Liberty Hill...but it's IMpossible they will score 48 points against Liberty Hill.

LHexPlayer
08-27-2008, 09:42 PM
I say giddings wins 48-14 :clap:

injuredinmelee
08-27-2008, 09:42 PM
did you get all the meth that they confiscated in Bwood this week and us it all?

cats 2008
08-27-2008, 09:45 PM
liberty hill will be lucky to make the playoffs.

LHexPlayer
08-27-2008, 09:48 PM
Is that all you got? Come on, you can do better.

hawkfan
08-27-2008, 09:55 PM
It takes som major testicular fortitude to come on here and say that the 2-time defending state champion will get 48 points scored on them and will not make the playoffs. You need to come back to a place I like to call Planet Earth.

JR2004
08-27-2008, 10:12 PM
The person who started the thread is just getting a laugh at the expense of people taking the prediction seriously.

Ranger Mom
08-27-2008, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
The person who started the thread is just getting a laugh at the expense of people taking the prediction seriously.

Has anyone EVER taken him seriously?:thinking:

JR2004
08-27-2008, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Has anyone EVER taken him seriously?:thinking:

I would hope not. :)

LH Panther Mom
08-27-2008, 10:22 PM
:thinking: :thinking: And last year we were going 5-5 and not making the playoffs. Football god or football dud? :thinking:

Ranger Mom
08-27-2008, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
:thinking: :thinking: And last year we were going 5-5 and not making the playoffs. Football god or football dud? :thinking:

At least we haven't had to read about his bodily functions!;)

pirate4state
08-27-2008, 11:22 PM
At least we haven't had to read about his bodily functions!;) And if we do it will be the last thing we read from him! :eek:

SNYDER325TIGERS
08-27-2008, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by cats 2008 I say giddings wins 48-14 IDK what kind of drugs your smoking either but your deff. on something if you think that LH will get that many out on em'.

I say LH wins by your prediction of 48-14.

I don't know what to say about some Celina folks:devil:

navscanmaster
08-28-2008, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by SNYDER325TIGERS
IDK what kind of drugs your smoking either but your deff. on something if you think that LH will get that many out on em'.

I say LH wins by your prediction of 48-14.

I don't know what to say about some Celina folks:devil:

If Giddings scores, it will be on defense or special teams.:devil: :eek: :eek: :devil:

j/k Good luck Panthers and Buffalos! Leave it all on the field.

Old Tiger
08-28-2008, 03:25 AM
delete thread....ban user

Footballhudini
08-28-2008, 06:22 AM
The spirits tell Hudini...

Giddings 28
LH 17

nunya
08-28-2008, 07:29 AM
Originally posted by Snydertigersrul
You got the score right, but the wrong team winning.

Hmm, hmmm. I know that's right.

LH Panther Mom
08-28-2008, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by Footballhudini

Giddings 28
LH 17
That could be a more realistic score than the oiriginal post. (I highly doubt it, but that's why they play the games. ;) )

garciap77
08-28-2008, 08:19 AM

Runnin Panther
08-28-2008, 08:39 AM

Thanks for starting my day off with a good laugh. I love it!

firstcat
08-28-2008, 09:19 AM
The funny thing is, he's probably serious!

So, giving the benefit of the doubt that you aren't crazy, stupid, or on hallucinogens, please grace us with your hypothesis...:nerd:

buff4life
08-28-2008, 01:54 PM
geez talk about some major disrespect for the buffaloes...

kinda makes me want to throw up...

Old Tiger
08-28-2008, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by buff4life

kinda makes me want to throw up... http://www.eurekadirect.co.uk/companies/eureka/department/ABSH4.jpg

BobcatBenny
08-28-2008, 02:01 PM
kepdawg!

IHStangFan
08-28-2008, 02:07 PM
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a290/BAClanton/chet.jpg
Chet Says: " what the h*ll is goin on around here?!"

buff4life
08-28-2008, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
http://www.eurekadirect.co.uk/companies/eureka/department/ABSH4.jpg

almost did that last night lol...

Old Tiger
08-28-2008, 02:18 PM
almost did that last night lol... loser

catdaddy
08-28-2008, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by Footballhudini

Giddings 28
LH 17

Hundi needs to put away the hooka.....:smoker:

waterboy
08-28-2008, 02:47 PM
Giddings 56
Liberty Hill 13

:D Just kidding! Flip-flop the score and that'll be about right!:cool:

Old Tiger
08-28-2008, 02:52 PM
LH - Infinity
Giddings - 0

espn1
08-28-2008, 02:59 PM
LH - Infinity
Giddings - 0 There's nothing in LH's history that supports them scoring in the 40's on their first game. They did score 55 on Salado a few years back! The very next week Burnet scored I think 63 points on them!

firstcat
08-28-2008, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by espn1
There's nothing in LH's history that supports them scoring in the 40's on their first game. They did score 55 on Salado a few years back! The very next week Burnet scored I think 63 points on them!

I don't think there's anything in the history that supports ANYONE scoring 48 points on us either....can anyone remember that happening? Serious question.

firstcat
08-28-2008, 03:26 PM

kinda makes me want to throw up...

I'm told that if you drive through Giddings it looks like the Buffaloes "threw up" all over the town...painted and streamered up like it was the playoffs or something! Ya'll are wanting this one bad, huh?

How many more hours, Panther Fans?????????

LH Panther Mom
08-28-2008, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by firstcat
I don't think there's anything in the history that supports ANYONE scoring 48 points on us either....can anyone remember that happening? Serious question. Going back to 1990, there's Austin Anderson. :nerd:

http://idisk.mac.com/cboehme69-Public/thsf/l/libertyhill.gif

Old Tiger
08-28-2008, 03:28 PM
I don't think there's anything in the history that supports ANYONE scoring 48 points on us either....can anyone remember that happening? Serious question.

Bandera(multiple occasions)
Llano(multiple occasions)
Burnet(multiple occasions)
Wimberely(multiple occasions)
Manor
Austin Anderson

All have score 48 points on LH

LH Panther Mom
Manor
Austin Anderson

All have score 48 points on LH FIRST game, dude...keep up.

NewYorkYankee
Liberty Hill- A lot
Giddings- A little
:D

firstcat
08-28-2008, 03:30 PM
FIRST game, dude...keep up.

Thanks MOM!:clap: :clap:

firstcat
08-28-2008, 03:31 PM
hey guess what?

firstcat
08-28-2008, 03:32 PM
I have 250 posts! woo hoo!!!!:cheerl: :cheerl: :1offtopc: :taunt:

LH Panther Mom
What? 1:13 until freshman KO? :D

LH Panther Mom
I have 250 posts! woo hoo!!!!:cheerl: :cheerl: :1offtopc: :taunt: :clap: :clap: :clap:

pirate4state
I don't think there's anything in the history that supports ANYONE scoring 48 points on us either....can anyone remember that happening? Serious question. uh yeah...didn't Wimberely beat yall 48-44? or are you talking about in the first game of the season? :D

LH Panther Mom
08-28-2008, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
uh yeah...didn't Wimberely beat yall 48-44? First game, dude...keep up. :p

firstcat
08-28-2008, 03:33 PM
GATA Panthers!!!!!

pirate4state
08-28-2008, 03:34 PM
First game, dude...keep up. :p yeah i realized that after....i've been snoozing this afternoon...just woke up :p

Old Tiger
08-28-2008, 03:35 PM
FIRST game, dude...keep up. well then LH shouldn't be giving up that many points late in the season! :D

Old Tiger
08-28-2008, 03:38 PM
Austin Anderson scored 55 on LH in the 2000 season opener

LH Panther Mom
08-28-2008, 03:41 PM
Going back to 1990, there's Austin Anderson. :nerd:

http://idisk.mac.com/cboehme69-Public/thsf/l/libertyhill.gif
Austin Anderson scored 55 on LH in the 2000 season opener :nerd:

I'll make no excuses, they flat out kicked our butts. With "maybe" 400 kids, we had no business scheduling them at that time, but we don't like to talk about that guy responsible because he's gone! (Praise the Lord!)

Necks_Fan
08-28-2008, 04:06 PM
LOL @ this thread.

IHStangFan
08-28-2008, 04:11 PM
Manor
Austin Anderson

All have score 48 points on LH against THIS LH team? I think that's where the original poster was goin w/ that.

Buffgal
08-28-2008, 04:34 PM
I'm told that if you drive through Giddings it looks like the Buffaloes "threw up" all over the town...painted and streamered up like it was the playoffs or something! Ya'll are wanting this one bad, huh?

That was obviously their first trip through Giddings.

The black and gold flags go up the first day of school and are only taken down and replaced by the American Flag when our town is honoring veterans/holidays or during the annual Lee County Fair. No paint that I've seen except the new Buffalo recently painted on the water towers. We have a very worthy opponent but this game is no different from any other. Buffs always want the win bad. I know Giddings is definitely the underdog in this one but if they manage to pull an upset, I would get your "Throw up" bags ready for the long ride home.

No predictions from me on the score but I guarantee from seeing the pride and tradition of both teams that it will go to the last 2 minutes of the 4th quarter.

IHStangFan
08-28-2008, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by Buffgal

The black and gold flags go up the first day of school and are only taken down and replaced by the American Flag when our town is honoring veterans/holidays or during the annual Lee County Fair. No paint that I've seen except the new Buffalo recently painted on the water towers. We have a very worthy opponent but this game is no different from any other. Buffs always want the win bad. I know Giddings is definitely the underdog in this one but if they manage to pull an upset, I would get your "Throw up" bags ready for the long ride home. so yeah....it basically looks like a buffalo threw up all over town.......KIDDING!!! KIDDING!! Giddings is a nice little town.

buff4life
08-28-2008, 04:59 PM

How many more hours, Panther Fans?????????

wouldn't have a clue I go to UT and its good to hear that some people have confidence and pride for the buffs

LHexPlayer
08-28-2008, 06:01 PM

The black and gold flags go up the first day of school and are only taken down and replaced by the American Flag when our town is honoring veterans/holidays or during the annual Lee County Fair. No paint that I've seen except the new Buffalo recently painted on the water towers. We have a very worthy opponent but this game is no different from any other. Buffs always want the win bad. I know Giddings is definitely the underdog in this one but if they manage to pull an upset, I would get your "Throw up" bags ready for the long ride home.

No predictions from me on the score but I guarantee from seeing the pride and tradition of both teams that it will go to the last 2 minutes of the 4th quarter.

As T.O. would say "You better get your popcorn ready, this is going to be a show".

Wolf Playa
08-28-2008, 06:30 PM
LH-36
Giddings-21

Dogman_1969
08-28-2008, 06:43 PM
LHill win on the road............

espn1
08-28-2008, 06:59 PM
I don't think there's anything in the history that supports ANYONE scoring 48 points on us either....can anyone remember that happening? Serious question. I can remember it like yesterday! 2005 Burnet 63 LH 34. It would have really been ugly if we would have left in our first team!

Darren
08-28-2008, 07:11 PM
LH - Infinity
Giddings - 0

Still no love for Giddings I see

buff4ever
08-28-2008, 10:30 PM
okay, let's give these people a little of what they are looking for. They want us giddings peeps to get on here and say we are going to kick their a**, but we have enough sense to know that they are the 2 time defending champs and we have definitely lost some key leaders (dock, brock, locke, duncan, socha and such) that were used to being in the spot light of a game like this. So for us to confidently say that we are going to win this game no questions asked would be begging for the crow that could possibly come after the game.

Now let's look at the upset side of things (which is what everyone on here is saying it would be). LH, once again 2 time defending state champs, has peeps on here counting this one as a win before the first tick on the clock. I know that you guys have a lot to be excited about and a lot of momentum, with that has come an attitude and down low personality that you haven't had the past 3 years. Just a personal observation. Some of it is new possibly immature posters, some of it not. I have other than you judging giddings by 3 individuals appreciated your sportsmanship to this point. I am not saying you have bad sportsmanship, I am just saying that it has changed a little from what I have come to expect from you guys. We are personally enjoying this situation that is not a common one for giddings football, being such a underdog in a big game. You are making this a possible really sweet situation if we can pull the upset.

With all of that said, Giddings has done nothing different in town in the way of decorating the stadium or town for football that we haven't done for atleast 5 years. Football is big here like every other small town, and people are talking as usual about the new guys and what they are good at and bad at and who we play first and after that and whether we defend the 2 time undefeated district titles or not and on and on and on and on. Football here is like NY baseball, we expect to win.

Do I think that we can pull this upset? Sort of, sort of not. I am very confident in the ability of our skilled players being better than LH's, but fear that the LH line on both sides is better than ours based on word of mouth from both ends and watching scrimmages. The obvious fear I have along with many here in town, is whether or not our skilled guys who are not use to being the guy with the ball in their hands in a game like this will be ready or not. What I do know is win or lose, they will be ready for any game after that. The stage will be big, and the stadium will be a packed house, they will be forced to grow a lot and hopefully like it.

LH hasn't shown anything special this year in their scrimmages, I know scrimmages, and they never look special they just do their thing and win in the end.

We will see what happens, LH is calling a definite win and giddings is quietly seeing this as an uphill battle that we know will be tough, but we are not calling it a loss; we haven't done that for atleast 15 years before any game that I know of. Maybe sealy in the middle of there recruiting reign of dominance.

Good luck to both teams, GATA, and we will watch and enjoy.

kenco13
08-28-2008, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by Darren
Still no love for Giddings I see

I got some love for Giddings. Spent the night there a couple of times on my way to Port A. Just came through there last Sunday. Man I wanted to get me one of those Buff Flags comming in on 77. Think anyone would have missed it? Good luck to both teams! Go Buff's!

LHexPlayer
08-28-2008, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by buff4ever
okay, let's give these people a little of what they are looking for. They want us giddings peeps to get on here and say we are going to kick their a**, but we have enough sense to know that they are the 2 time defending champs and we have definitely lost some key leaders (dock, brock, locke, duncan, socha and such) that were used to being in the spot light of a game like this. So for us to confidently say that we are going to win this game no questions asked would be begging for the crow that could possibly come after the game.

Now let's look at the upset side of things (which is what everyone on here is saying it would be). LH, once again 2 time defending state champs, has peeps on here counting this one as a win before the first tick on the clock. I know that you guys have a lot to be excited about and a lot of momentum, with that has come an attitude and down low personality that you haven't had the past 3 years. Just a personal observation. Some of it is new possibly immature posters, some of it not. I have other than you judging giddings by 3 individuals appreciated your sportsmanship to this point. I am not saying you have bad sportsmanship, I am just saying that it has changed a little from what I have come to expect from you guys. We are personally enjoying this situation that is not a common one for giddings football, being such a underdog in a big game. You are making this a possible really sweet situation if we can pull the upset.

With all of that said, Giddings has done nothing different in town in the way of decorating the stadium or town for football that we haven't done for atleast 5 years. Football is big here like every other small town, and people are talking as usual about the new guys and what they are good at and bad at and who we play first and after that and whether we defend the 2 time undefeated district titles or not and on and on and on and on. Football here is like NY baseball, we expect to win.

Do I think that we can pull this upset? Sort of, sort of not. I am very confident in the ability of our skilled players being better than LH's, but fear that the LH line on both sides is better than ours based on word of mouth from both ends and watching scrimmages. The obvious fear I have along with many here in town, is whether or not our skilled guys who are not use to being the guy with the ball in their hands in a game like this will be ready or not. What I do know is win or lose, they will be ready for any game after that. The stage will be big, and the stadium will be a packed house, they will be forced to grow a lot and hopefully like it.

LH hasn't shown anything special this year in their scrimmages, I know scrimmages, and they never look special they just do their thing and win in the end.

We will see what happens, LH is calling a definite win and giddings is quietly seeing this as an uphill battle that we know will be tough, but we are not calling it a loss; we haven't done that for atleast 15 years before any game that I know of. Maybe sealy in the middle of there recruiting reign of dominance.

Good luck to both teams, GATA, and we will watch and enjoy.

Why so serious? Nobody from Liberty Hill is saying we surely are going to win. This is going to be a good hard fought match. I'm a realist and I think it can go either way. We will not win if we make mistakes and fumble the ball. You guys will not win if you do the same. So to me it can go either way. Neither team really knows just what they got yet. It's too early in the season to tell. That is why our coaches decided to play this game and it will surely be a test for both sides. I'm also sure both teams, no matter the outcome of this game, will have a successful year and make the playoffs. Like I said before, here is to a clean hard fought game. I hope it is filled with great displays of sportsmanship from both sides.

buff4ever
08-28-2008, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by LHexPlayer
Why so serious? Nobody from Liberty Hill is saying we surely are going to win. This is going to be a good hard fought match. I'm a realist and I think it can go either way. We will not win if we make mistakes and fumble the ball. You guys will not win if you do the same. So to me it can go either way. Neither team really knows just what they got yet. It's too early in the season to tell. That is why our coaches decided to play this game and it will surely be a test for both sides. I'm also sure both teams, no matter the outcome of this game, will have a successful year and make the playoffs. Like I said before, here is to a clean hard fought game. I hope it is filled with great displays of sportsmanship from both sides.

Sorry, don't mean to be so serious, and you have been very respectful with all of your posts, and I have NO hard feelings about anything that has really been said. My comments about in the bag come from drug references to hudinis making a 11 point predictions in favor of giddings. Or good laughs and crazy people. I agree with some, Giddings will not score 48 points on you guys and will not blow you out even if we can pull off a win. With these two offenses, neither team will get the ball enough to score 40something points, unless there are some turnovers that hurt.

Some of the post I mainly reference might have come from the other thread as well, I was speaking in general.

LH Panther Mom
08-29-2008, 04:49 AM
I know that you guys have a lot to be excited about and a lot of momentum, with that has come an attitude and down low personality that you haven't had the past 3 years. I am not saying you have bad sportsmanship, I am just saying that it has changed a little from what I have come to expect from you guys.
I will agree that the LH "personality" has changed, but 3 years ago it was pretty much me & LHMom, so with added folks it's going to change.

The obvious fear I have along with many here in town, is whether or not our skilled guys who are not use to being the guy with the ball in their hands in a game like this will be ready or not.

You know, we have the same thing. Other than the QB, our skill guys are in the same position as yours except for 4th qtr time in the playoffs last year. And after an injury to one last week, it's less certain how the kids will handle the big game. Even though in the long run, the outcome doesn't affect where either team will be at the end of the season, it's still a big game. Heck, it's a match-up that the Statesman went into mourning over it not happening last season. :D ;)

You're right about our scrimmages. We haven't shown anything special, but the gameplan the coaches had served the purpose of getting everyone on the field to learn their strengths & helped to determine positions, for the most part. It's been pretty vanilla for good reason, other than having 2 TD passes against Connally. :eek: :eek: :D

Buffgal
08-29-2008, 08:20 AM
Unlike Buff4ever, I do have hard feelings about posting that our town looks like someone "threw up" . Your vocabulary must be very challenged. you could have worded that post in a more sportsmanlike manner....SHAME, SHAME, SHAME

And for crying out loud, what kind of sorry bunch would we be, if we didn't have the town decorated to welcome the two time defending state champs!!!!!! We are very friendly, good country, hospitable folks here in Lee County

@ Just wait til you see the Spitzenberger's yard on Middle School Road. One of the oldest/greatest supporters of Buffalo Athletics for the last century and will be saving rows of seats @ 6:01 pm, no doubt.

I filled my kid up with pancakes and eggs this morning, wished him luck on his summer reading test & sent him off wearing his WAO shirt. When I asked if he was nervous, I got the rolled eyes look and then (exact words) he said, "OK Mom 5000 people, LH...let me think about that. Got any money for a big lunch? Bye love u" Typical 16 yr old boy.

On another note, I am perfectly OK with all of Liberty Hill thinking we have absolutely no talent left in Giddings.

firstcat
08-29-2008, 08:29 AM
wouldn't have a clue I go to UT and its good to hear that some people have confidence and pride for the buffs

oh well then, that (the TU part) definitely explains it!....Bleed Purple or Bleed Maroon, baby!!!!!!

WARNING, IT'S GAME DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

LH Panther Mom
08-29-2008, 08:33 AM
On another note, I am perfectly OK with all of Liberty Hill thinking we have absolutely no talent left in Giddings. :confused: :confused: Did you read that on here from a Liberty Hill person? What we're thinking? :doh:

LHexPlayer
08-29-2008, 08:45 AM

On another note, I am perfectly OK with all of Liberty Hill thinking we have absolutely no talent left in Giddings.

You are completely making that up. Nobody thinks all the talent left Giddings.

Ranger Mom
08-29-2008, 08:48 AM

I'm with the others...where in the WORLD did you read that??

Buffgal
08-29-2008, 08:56 AM
Not exact words quoted, most likely other posters (not accusing LH) Just a generalization and a little sarcasm on my part.

But just go back and read threads over the past couple of weeks, they go from
1. predicting the score to be LH infinity, Buffs nothing,
2. references to being on drugs if you think Giddings can win,
3. Life will be hard with no Locke, Brock, Dock.
4. The town looking like someone "threw up"
ETC, ETC.

That's where I'm coming from, not making anything up. You can certainly read and come to the conclusion that many on here think Giddings has no talent without those exact words being posted.

Sarcastically I am Also referring to the fact that almost everyone on our team is unknown. Even our local folks will be looking up their names in the program. That's perfectly OK too, time for some new names to show their stuff. Go Buffs

pirate4state
08-29-2008, 08:56 AM
oh well then, that (the TU part) definitely explains it!....Bleed Purple or Bleed Maroon, baby!!!!!!

WARNING, IT'S GAME DAY!!!!!!!!!!!! TU? really? :rolleyes:

------

LHexPlayer
08-29-2008, 09:01 AM
Not exact words quoted, most likely other posters (not accusing LH) Just a generalization and a little sarcasm on my part.

But just go back and read threads over the past couple of weeks, they go from
1. predicting the score to be LH infinity, Buffs nothing,
2. references to being on drugs if you think Giddings can win,
3. Life will be hard with no Locke, Brock, Dock.
4. The town looking like someone "threw up"
ETC, ETC.

That's where I'm coming from, not making anything up. You can certainly read and come to the conclusion that many on here think Giddings has no talent without those exact words being posted.

Sarcastically I am Also referring to the fact that almost everyone on our team is unknown. Even our local folks will be looking up their names in the program. That's perfectly OK too, time for some new names to show their stuff. Go Buffs

Those are posters from other towns. They are just trying to stir you guys up. Firstcat said the "threw up" comment and that has nothing to do with the talent on your team. Your team has talent we know that our coaches know that. You cannot fool us into thinking that.

firstcat
08-29-2008, 09:06 AM
Unlike Buff4ever, I do have hard feelings about posting that our town looks like someone "threw up" . Your vocabulary must be very challenged. you could have worded that post in a more sportsmanlike manner....SHAME, SHAME, SHAME

And for crying out loud, what kind of sorry bunch would we be, if we didn't have the town decorated to welcome the two time defending state champs!!!!!! We are very friendly, good country, hospitable folks here in Lee County

Hold up on the hostility, BuffGal!
First of all, the term "threw up" was just a play on words for the quote that Buff4Life had made about throwing up.In fact, you might say a Panther has "thrown up" on our community as well. Heck, some might even say that it "threw up" on me and my purple haired husband/cheer partner!
Second, we too are very friendly and hospitable here at LH and we love our team and have as much team spirit as anyone else. As for attitudes changing, we've had the same attitude for years, just ask WimboPro who has been one of my favorite "adversaries"! No hard feelings and no ill will about it.
Cheerleading for our own team is definitely not meant to diminish the importance, talent, or sportsmanship of any player, team, fan, or community on or off of the field!
Third, as for my sportsmanship, I didn't realize that commenting on how "painted" up a town is for their team was a measure of my own character, but thanks for enlightening me.
Regarding my vocabulary, you are correct. It is indubitably practicable that I could have actuated the term "emesis" rather than the more colloquial terminology as articulated! I render myself admonished.
Lastly, I too kissed my son this morning, and told him to play hard and leave it all on the field. I also told him that I was proud of him and would meet him at the fence afterwards.
This board is meant to serve the exact purpose that we each expect it to, and my expectations are to cheer and boast about my son and our team, and to jovially and sometimes off-handedly (as is my personality) challenge any that choose to join in the banter. All in good fun, and all for the love of Texas High School Football.
Isn't that what we all do?
Thank you and here's to a great season opener! Good luck to the Buffs, and your son,may he and all of the athletes play injury free, and may the best team win tonight!

LHexPlayer
08-29-2008, 09:20 AM
Ok now that we got all the hugs and kisses over with.

It's game day baby!!!!!:devil: :devil: :devil:

THE CHAMP IS HERE!!!

Oh and hey Giddings

Welcome to the show.

buff4ever
08-29-2008, 09:22 AM
Ok now that we got all the hugs and kisses over with.

It's game day baby!!!!!:devil: :devil: :devil:

THE CHAMP IS HERE!!!

Oh and hey Giddings

Welcome to the show.

Hey watch out, your are coming to our house, it is our show. Ask Bellville!!;) :) :)

LHMom
08-29-2008, 09:28 AM
I will agree that the LH "personality" has changed, but 3 years ago it was pretty much me & LHMom, so with added folks it's going to change.

And I'm still out here lurking!

GO CATS!!!

LHexPlayer
08-29-2008, 09:31 AM
Hey watch out, your are coming to our house, it is our show. Ask Bellville!!;) :) :)

Bellville? That's who you throw out there. That's gonna scare us? We are the traveling road show. The greatest 3a show in the state for two years running. And since you threw out Bellville, I'll just say ask Gatesville. At least they have a fairly recent state championship.:D

And in no way do I mean this message to say that Giddings has no talent. I know they do.:D

Buffgal
08-29-2008, 09:31 AM
Hold up on the hostility, BuffGal!
First of all, the term "threw up" was just a play on words for the quote that Buff4Life had made about throwing up.In fact, you might say a Panther has "thrown up" on our community as well. Heck, some might even say that it "threw up" on me and my purple haired husband/cheer partner!
Second, we too are very friendly and hospitable here at LH and we love our team and have as much team spirit as anyone else. As for attitudes changing, we've had the same attitude for years, just ask WimboPro who has been one of my favorite "adversaries"! No hard feelings and no ill will about it.
Cheerleading for our own team is definitely not meant to diminish the importance, talent, or sportsmanship of any player, team, fan, or community on or off of the field!
Third, as for my sportsmanship, I didn't realize that commenting on how "painted" up a town is for their team was a measure of my own character, but thanks for enlightening me.
Regarding my vocabulary, you are correct. It is indubitably practicable that I could have actuated the term "emesis" rather than the more colloquial terminology as articulated! I render myself admonished.
Lastly, I too kissed my son this morning, and told him to play hard and leave it all on the field. I also told him that I was proud of him and would meet him at the fence afterwards.
This board is meant to serve the exact purpose that we each expect it to, and my expectations are to cheer and boast about my son and our team, and to jovially and sometimes off-handedly (as is my personality) challenge any that choose to join in the banter. All in good fun, and all for the love of Texas High School Football.
Isn't that what we all do?
Thank you and here's to a great season opener! Good luck to the Buffs, and your son,may he and all of the athletes play injury free, and may the best team win tonight! ]

No hostility from me, just some volunteer hurt feelings that someone would refer to some spirited decor as "throw up". Went back and read over a page and see the reference and Now, I get the "pun". Apologies from this end.

From your post, I can see that we are on the same page (cheering, supporting, etc) and you (of all people) know how long it takes to put up all those flags.....hence, the offence.

Wow, no reference to your character, just the choice of words and I stand humbly corrected after witnessing your truly well rounded vocabulary. Great Job. Maybe we need to try and get some of those words on here more often....might help those SAT scores for some of these young 'uns who post on here ;)

Interesting another thing, about kissing your son and meeting him afterwards. There is so much pressure that the community in general puts on your kid, whether you are in Giddings or Liberty Hill. IMO it is harder for my son to face people on the street or in Walmart than the other team on the field.

OK with all that said. Good luck, good game, blessings on your drive, have patience with the parking. I'm signing off for today...have to go and wash my "thick skin" for tonight. :inlove:

firstcat
08-29-2008, 09:49 AM
]

No hostility from me, just some volunteer hurt feelings that someone would refer to some spirited decor as "throw up". Went back and read over a page and see the reference and Now, I get the "pun". Apologies from this end.

From your post, I can see that we are on the same page (cheering, supporting, etc) and you (of all people) know how long it takes to put up all those flags.....hence, the offence.

Wow, no reference to your character, just the choice of words and I stand humbly corrected after witnessing your truly well rounded vocabulary. Great Job. Maybe we need to try and get some of those words on here more often....might help those SAT scores for some of these young 'uns who post on here ;)

Interesting another thing, about kissing your son and meeting him afterwards. There is so much pressure that the community in general puts on your kid, whether you are in Giddings or Liberty Hill. IMO it is harder for my son to face people on the street or in Walmart than the other team on the field.

OK with all that said. Good luck, good game, blessings on your drive, have patience with the parking. I'm signing off for today...have to go and wash my "thick skin" for tonight. :inlove:

Thanks! I completely agree with you. The spotlight sure is on these kids, and for the most part they've handled it extremely well. Even though LH is small, my son still is taken aback when people come up to him and hug him or ask about the team...especially little kids that he doesn't know...it gives me a chance to give the "you have little eyes watching you, so don't let them down" speech. OK, enough with the mushies!

My office is closing at noon today, so I'm going to have too many hours to kill before game time! Do you think your stadium will be open aroun 1pm??? JK!

cats 2008
08-29-2008, 09:58 AM
Ok now no more jokes.Liberty Hill-38 Giddings-17 final:D

buff4ever
08-29-2008, 09:59 AM
Bellville? That's who you throw out there. That's gonna scare us? We are the traveling road show. The greatest 3a show in the state for two years running. And since you threw out Bellville, I'll just say ask Gatesville. At least they have a fairly recent state championship.:D

And in no way do I mean this message to say that Giddings has no talent. I know they do.:D

Sorry, you don't get my sarcasm b/c you haven't been around long enough or something. I guess you haven't heard bellville speak of our home cooking we get here in gtown with the referees.

Mind you i am full of sarcasm on this topic, choose not to talk to the morons from bellville on it b/c they are more hard headed than I am. I could show them the video they complain so much about, and pick more plays where we were screwed than them. It is just a sarcasm topic about the home cooking here in giddings. Of course if we pull the upset tonite, there will be some LH fans blaming it on the same I am sure. But it goes on, bellville just seems to be the worst at it.

cats 2008
08-29-2008, 10:01 AM
Nope

LHexPlayer
08-29-2008, 10:01 AM
Sorry, you don't get my sarcasm b/c you haven't been around long enough or something. I guess you haven't heard bellville speak of our home cooking we get here in gtown with the referees.

Mind you i am full of sarcasm on this topic, choose not to talk to the morons from bellville on it b/c they are more hard headed than I am. I could show them the video they complain so much about, and pick more plays where we were screwed than them. It is just a sarcasm topic about the home cooking here in giddings. Of course if we pull the upset tonite, there will be some LH fans blaming it on the same I am sure. But it goes on, bellville just seems to be the worst at it.

No I got it. I was saying mine sarcastic too. Why else would I throw a Gatesville reference out there.:D Is it game time yet?

pirate4state
08-29-2008, 10:02 AM

:eek: :eek: :eek: :devil: :eek: :eek: :eek:

surely you jest, sir! hahaha ;)

buff4ever
08-29-2008, 10:04 AM
Where are the lovely bellville brats anyway:) :) :) ?

buff4life
08-29-2008, 10:17 AM

WARNING, IT'S GAME DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

cool...classless as usual...

firstcat
08-29-2008, 10:35 AM
cool...classless as usual...

ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME??????
:doh: :mad: :mad: :vrycnfsd:

CLASSLESS???? AS USUAL?????

RIVALS ARE RIVALS DUDE, LONG BEFORE US AND LONG AFTER US...I GUESS AS A LONGHORN, YOU'VE ALWAYS ONLY SHOWN YOUR LOVE FOR ALL AGGIES...NO NEED TO ANSWER...NOT INTERESTED! KUDOS TO YOUR STANDARD OF CLASS, SORRY I DIDN'T MEASURE UP.

I GIVE UP...THIS IS ME TIPPY-TOEING OUT OF THIS ONE...JUST SO I DON'T OFFEND THE OBVIOUSLY DELICATE BUFF4LIFE...(please insert audible mental images of a lovely meadow, little birdies singing, nice soft breeze blowing, and a babbling brook)...GEEZ!!!

LHexPlayer
08-29-2008, 10:43 AM
Anybody know if we are some station's game of the week tonight?

buff4ever
08-29-2008, 11:16 AM

RIVALS ARE RIVALS DUDE, LONG BEFORE US AND LONG AFTER US...I GUESS AS A LONGHORN, YOU'VE ALWAYS ONLY SHOWN YOUR LOVE FOR ALL AGGIES...NO NEED TO ANSWER...NOT INTERESTED! KUDOS TO YOUR STANDARD OF CLASS, SORRY I DIDN'T MEASURE UP.

I GIVE UP...THIS IS ME TIPPY-TOEING OUT OF THIS ONE...JUST SO I DON'T OFFEND THE OBVIOUSLY DELICATE BUFF4LIFE...(please insert audible mental images of a lovely meadow, little birdies singing, nice soft breeze blowing, and a babbling brook)...GEEZ!!!

I know I am an aggie, but he got you on this one buff4life

pirate4state
08-29-2008, 11:19 AM
I know I am an aggie, but he got you on this one buff4life SHE got him...

and that's like your opinion man :p

I just think that kind of stuff is silly, IMO.

LH Panther Mom
08-29-2008, 11:20 AM
I guess you haven't heard bellville speak of our home cooking we get here in gtown with the referees.
How much does that cost anyway and what do they like to eat? :devil: ;)

Where are the lovely bellville brats anyway:) :) :) ?
Worrying about Sealy, maybe? :thinking:

LH Panther Mom
08-29-2008, 11:33 AM
My office is closing at noon today, so I'm going to have too many hours to kill before game time!
Mine closed at 10:45 when I locked the door on the way out. :helpme: :helpme:

K-MAC Chuck
08-29-2008, 11:54 AM
:thinking: :thinking: And last year we were going 5-5 and not making the playoffs.

Yah, that's about what the Panthers will do this season...:devil:

Ranger Mom
08-29-2008, 01:08 PM
(please insert audible mental images of a lovely meadow, little birdies singing, nice soft breeze blowing, and a babbling brook)...GEEZ!!!

When I imagined that scenario, I saw men skipping....yes, SKIPPING!!:eek: :eek:

LH Panther Mom
08-29-2008, 01:09 PM
When I imagined that scenario, I saw men skipping....yes, SKIPPING!!:eek: :eek:
HAHAHAHAHA!!!!! :D

rundoe
08-29-2008, 03:21 PM
Well, maybe we can ask the Freshman or the JV.

buff4ever
08-29-2008, 03:23 PM
rundoe, I been wondering where the heck you were.

rundoe
08-29-2008, 03:40 PM
rundoe, I been wondering where the heck you were.

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p82/stevieschumacker/jack.jpg

buff4life
08-29-2008, 03:43 PM

i don't have to derogatize a school name to make myself feel better...

i won't even get started "dude" or actually "dudette" but if you would just walk into a store for either school the difference in the topic at hand woiuld be shown in full force...and you really need to be easy on how right you think you are...and i really didn't care that you did it because i'm used to it...and thanks for calling me delicate when you're the one flipping out with caps and stuff and i'm calmly stating how i feel :doh: but anyway...take a look in the mirror, have a realization and move on in the right direction, if thats possible for you

buff4life
08-29-2008, 03:45 PM
I know I am an aggie, but he got you on this one buff4life

naw she really didn't...had she made a few other points maybe, but in her response...no way no how...

but she must be the perfect specimen to do it...
and anyway by saying that, that is kind of breaking or well really is breaking a rule about that stuff if we want to get picky so there it is..

not sure how you think she got me with derogatizing a name unless she meant it as a compliment for

THE UNIVERSITY of Texas :D :D

Buffgal
08-29-2008, 11:55 PM

W A O

Go Buffs, great way to start the season.