PDA

View Full Version : College games being attending by DL'ers

carter08
08-26-2008, 07:24 PM
Southern @ Houston

cshscougar08
08-26-2008, 07:32 PM
OKLAHOMA vs. Chattanooga!!!!! Boomer Sooner!!!

BwdLions
08-27-2008, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by cshscougar08
OKLAHOMA vs. Chattanooga!!!!! Boomer Sooner!!!

They'll win that one (obviously), but don't get your hopes up. The sooners are overrated and won't win the Big XII this year. :stirpot:

cshscougar08
08-27-2008, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by Rabid Cougar
It's the University of Texas at Norman right?

Hahaha. It certainly seems that way. It is majority Texas kids after all. But thankfully without those hideous colors. :D

cshscougar08
08-27-2008, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by BwdLions
They'll win that one (obviously), but don't get your hopes up. The sooners are overrated and won't win the Big XII this year. :stirpot:

I'm open to anything. I'm not gonna contradict you, but please explain why. If you think another Big 12 South team wins it, you're smoking something.

BwdLions
08-27-2008, 02:47 PM
I'm open to anything. I'm not gonna contradict you, but please explain why. If you think another Big 12 South team wins it, you're smoking something.

Unless there's something in the candle burning in the next office that I don't know about, I'm not inhaling anything illegal.

OU has to replace their LBs and most of their DBs. They have a very stout OL and DL but too many question marks. I know the same can be said for Texas, but that's who I'm predicting will beat Missouri in the Big XII title game and go to a BCS game. The Horns have done what OU hasn't in the past four years and that's win two BCS games.

cshscougar08
08-27-2008, 04:56 PM
OU has to replace their LBs and most of their DBs. They have a very stout OL and DL but too many question marks. I know the same can be said for Texas, but that's who I'm predicting will beat Missouri in the Big XII title game and go to a BCS game. The Horns have done what OU hasn't in the past four years and that's win two BCS games.

Good for them. That's the past and this years Texas team has no hope of getting to a BCS bowl, much less winning one. And you think they will beat Missouri in the championship game? They won't even beat them at home. Missouri will crush them as will we. And Tech too!!!!!

BreckTxLonghorn
08-27-2008, 05:07 PM
FAU @ Texas

OU is odds on favorite to win Big XII south. Wouldn't surprise me if they did. Winner of Red River Shootout takes it all.

Mizzou is overrated. Too easy of an early schedule will have them ill-prepared for conference play.

TTU is doubly so. They brag on their big o-line, but with the splits they use they're more likely to get beat off the snap by faster DL, players like OU, Mizzou, & UT has.

Texas could lose as little as 0 and as many as 4. There's really no clue on how the team will adapt to Muschamp, who is the key to determining success. We'll see how the first few games go. If our Pass D holds up, we're the scariest team in the conference.

cshscougar08
08-27-2008, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn
If our Pass D holds up, we're the scariest team in the conference.

Scariest team in the conference?!?!?!?! HAHAHAHA that's a good one!!!! You have unproven players at every skill position on offense except QB and on the O-Line. And after McCoy's season last year, you could almost call him inexperienced as well. There is a lot of young talent there, no denying that, and some older talent as well. But none of those players have had to be relied on like they are going to be this year. Will they hold up? I don't know. They may and Texas could have a good season. If they don't, I have no doubt that Texas will lose AT LEAST 3 Big 12 games, maybe 4 to OU, Mizzou, Kansas, or Tech.

trojan37
08-27-2008, 05:37 PM
Scariest team in the conference?!?!?!?! HAHAHAHA that's a good one!!!! You have unproven players at every skill position on offense except QB and on the O-Line. And after McCoy's season last year, you could almost call him inexperienced as well. There is a lot of young talent there, no denying that, and some older talent as well. But none of those players have had to be relied on like they are going to be this year. Will they hold up? I don't know. They may and Texas could have a good season. If they don't, I have no doubt that Texas will lose AT LEAST 3 Big 12 games, maybe 4 to OU, Mizzou, Kansas, or Tech.

Although I am a longhorn fan, I feel the same as you. I think this year they choke big time. And A&M has had their number recently so I wouldn't be surprised to see Texas lose to them as well.

BreckTxLonghorn
08-27-2008, 05:54 PM

I appreciate your enthusiasm toward your team, as any person who goes to college should have that loyalty. It's great. But please, know exactly what you're saying when you talk down to another team.

7 Returning starters on offense, 2 more who started at least one game, all but Irby (TE) and Johnson (FB) played significant downs throughout last season. No true freshman starting.

The Colt jab was ridiculous, considering the former Big XII Freshman of the Year lit up a certain other college for 324/2 TDs last year and ran for 450yds & passed for 3300 yds with 139 passer rating on the season. If that was a season so bad he's now considered inexperienced, well, I'll take that.

And yes, we also have young talent on offense. They augment it; that's what good programs do.

You would have a better time arguing our defense would be our weakness (which I noted previously). Again, if Muschamp gets the Pass D working, I think we'll be just as strong on that side, which makes for a stout team.

Like I said, I never said the Sooners wouldn't be good; they will be, dang good even. but if you're caught sleeping on a team that is 'too young', you're going to get scared and possibly upset (see: Red River Shootout last year, a true down year for the Horns).

Good luck to your team this year, and enjoy your first year!

pirate4state
08-27-2008, 06:07 PM
Granted ISL1 did not specify HS/College, but the college stuff needs to be in it's own thread. Look for it shortly. :nerd:

Old Tiger
08-27-2008, 06:15 PM
Mizzou overrated? They return most of the defense including senior defensive end Stryker Sulak and linebacker Sean Weatherspoon. Also on offense they return the most dynamic player in the nation Jeremy Maclin and Heisman trophy candidate Chase Daniels.

If anything Tech is the most overrated team in the country!

sinfan75
08-27-2008, 06:26 PM
I'll get dizzy goin to different threads. I'll just read HS forum and every now and then the college forum.

Daddy D 11
08-27-2008, 07:28 PM
I'm attending the tech home opener:)

pirate4state
08-27-2008, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by sinfan75
I'll get dizzy goin to different threads. I'll just read HS forum and every now and then the college forum. I think you are already dizzy...we don't have a college forum.

sinfan75
08-27-2008, 08:06 PM
Well you said that would be next.:p :D

pirate4state
08-27-2008, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by sinfan75
Well you said that would be next.:p :D haha sorry to confuse you. these comments were split from another thread. when i posted "look for it shortly" i meant this NEW thread. :D

c-town_balla
08-27-2008, 08:32 PM
I'll be at the Texas FAU game

piratebg
08-27-2008, 09:24 PM
Well it's not Div 1, but I am planning on attending a home game for the Texas A&M-Kingsville Javelinas. :)

jimmyceatworld
08-27-2008, 10:00 PM
I'll be watching A&M BTHO Arkansas State.

JR2004
08-27-2008, 10:13 PM
Boomer Sooner!!!

:dispntd: :dispntd: :dispntd: :dispntd:

cshscougar08
08-27-2008, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
:dispntd: :dispntd: :dispntd: :dispntd:

:D :D :D :D :D :D

Scrambler
08-27-2008, 10:41 PM
I'll be at Wake Forest vs. Baylor on Thursday night.

gatordaze
08-28-2008, 06:56 AM
Florida at Arkansas Oct 4!!!!!!

RedWhiteBlue
08-28-2008, 07:14 AM
I'll be at the UT game.
HOOK 'EM!!!!

BwdLions
08-28-2008, 09:17 AM
Good for them. That's the past and this years Texas team has no hope of getting to a BCS bowl, much less winning one. And you think they will beat Missouri in the championship game? They won't even beat them at home. Missouri will crush them as will we. And Tech too!!!!!

Keep dreaming cougar. ou is the school that will lose at least three games in 2008 (and that's counting their annual choke in their bowl game). Cincinnati will give them a game next week. We'll see how it plays out.

DDBooger
08-28-2008, 09:17 AM
Texas vs FAU

Reds fan
08-28-2008, 09:19 AM
Kyle Field
Texas A&M vs Arkansas State

jason
08-28-2008, 09:30 AM
tonight

tarleton state vs southeastern oklahoma

Hill Man
08-28-2008, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
I'm attending the tech home opener:)

going with Harry?

Daddy D 11
08-28-2008, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by Hill Man
going with Harry?

yes sir:D

Hill Man
08-28-2008, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
yes sir:D

be good

Daddy D 11
08-28-2008, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by Hill Man
be good
Always, oh and congrats on the new addition to the family:clap:

cshscougar08
08-28-2008, 12:04 PM
Keep dreaming cougar. ou is the school that will lose at least three games in 2008 (and that's counting their annual choke in their bowl game). Cincinnati will give them a game next week. We'll see how it plays out.

Yeah I guess so. It will be a fun season to watch for sure!!!

NHSBulldog75
08-28-2008, 12:21 PM
Roughnecks at Freeport High on Friday
Ags over Ark St on Saturday
Maybe Astros on Sunday
recouperate on Monday
back to school on Tuesday

BwdLions
08-28-2008, 01:33 PM
Yeah I guess so. It will be a fun season to watch for sure!!!

I agree, however it plays out it should be a fun season. I just noticed that you live in Norman. No wonder you're such a big fan. Are attending OU or do you work in Norman?

cshscougar08
08-28-2008, 01:41 PM
I'm going to OU. It's a lot of fun so far. And it's majority Texas people so that's a plus too. :D

BwdLions
08-28-2008, 02:36 PM
I'm going to OU. It's a lot of fun so far. And it's majority Texas people so that's a plus too. :D

Hey that's great. I know they couldn't field a football team if it weren't for Texas boys.

cshscougar08
08-28-2008, 03:02 PM
Hey that's great. I know they couldn't field a football team if it weren't for Texas boys.

Amen to that. It's gonna be great. The atmosphere on campus is really cool with the major buildup. Living in Waco, you certainly don't get that kind of feel. It's quite a pleasant change. Lol.

BwdLions
08-28-2008, 03:13 PM
Amen to that. It's gonna be great. The atmosphere on campus is really cool with the major buildup. Living in Waco, you certainly don't get that kind of feel. It's quite a pleasant change. Lol.

I'm been through cities that have big colleges, but never lived in one. I'm sure it's getting crazy about now. How many upside down Horn decals have you seen? That's the craziest thing. It actually helps UT as far as merchadise sales goes.

cshscougar08
08-28-2008, 03:25 PM
I'm been through cities that have big colleges, but never lived in one. I'm sure it's getting crazy about now. How many upside down Horn decals have you seen? That's the craziest thing. It actually helps UT as far as merchadise sales goes.

Yeah it is getting pretty crazy. I don't think I have ever had a slower week of school than this week. Lol. Even the weeks leading up to La Vega and Celina last year went quicker. Maybe it's cause I was a senior and did absolutely nothing in school last year. Lol. I actually have only seen two. And yes I thought the same thing. Why buy something like that?