PDA

View Full Version : Reds Fan (VB talk)

pirate4state
08-27-2008, 02:47 PM
How is Bellville looking? Sinton girls are 13-4 and are looking good. Potential there to be GREAT! Some still finding their legs, if ya know what I mean. ;)

You guys the favorite in district? We finally lose Wimberley only to pick up Bellville in the region. :( ;)

Maybe we'll be seeing each other in Kingsville in a few months. :)

Reds fan
08-27-2008, 02:54 PM
Bellville is looking pretty good, only made a couple of matches but they looked solid, I think they are 11-4 with only losses coming to 5A schools like Pearland, Fort Bend Travis, Oak Ridge and private school power house St Agnes. They beat Ft Bend Travis in tourney play once also.

Legendary Coach Susan Brewer picked up her 700th win last week.

They should do well in District play with some strong competition from state ranked Columbus.

Best of luck to your ladies this year!

pirate4state
08-27-2008, 03:02 PM
I also missed most of the early games (tourneys & such), but have caught a few the past week. We were swept at home by Rockport-Fulton who we had previously beaten in 5 games at their house. Our girls looked tired and made too many mistakes. A shame too since it was the championship game. :doh: Live & learn. ;)

I think they have one more tourney this weekend in Alice and then district play begins on Tuesday! :eek:

Good Luck to your girls as well. Keep me posted!

Phil C
08-27-2008, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
I also missed most of the early games (tourneys & such), but have caught a few the past week. We were swept at home by Rockport-Fulton who we had previously beaten in 5 games at their house. Our girls looked tired and made too many mistakes. A shame too since it was the championship game. :doh: Live & learn. ;)

I think they have one more tourney this weekend in Alice and then district play begins on Tuesday! :eek:

Not to make excuses but our girls must have been tired because we had swept Rockport-Fulton a few days earlier in the tri tournament with Yorktown.

pirate4state
08-27-2008, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
Not to make excuses but our girls must have been tired because we had swept Rockport-Fulton a few days earlier in the tri tournament with Yorktown. They were tired, but that is no excuse. They were coming off a very competitive game against Moody, but this is where the "mental" aspect of the game should kick in and all that jazz. I haven't seen you or heard you at the games Phil!?! :eek:

Reds fan
08-27-2008, 03:19 PM

It is still early, the girls will get their legs under them and will get stronger mentally and physically as they go through district! They have one more tourney also in Buda (Hays Rebel Bash).

Bellville is going thru the same thing plus getting a player back that sat out volleyball her junior year, still finding their team identity. Nice thing about Bellville this year is they have a more varied attack and several girls can swing hard. Defensively they are solid with good net play and some girls that dig well.

Bellville fans should come on out and watch as this could be another deep run in the playoffs!

BTownVBall3
08-27-2008, 04:09 PM
They are #2 in the state..I'm going to go out on a limb and say they're picked to win district.

wimbo_pro
08-27-2008, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by BTownVBall3
They are #2 in the state..I'm going to go out on a limb and say they're picked to win district.

Wimberley is looking strong...some believe even better than last year.

pirate4state
08-27-2008, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by BTownVBall3
They are #2 in the state..I'm going to go out on a limb and say they're picked to win district. Sorry, I haven't looked at any rankings! :o

Reds fan
08-27-2008, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
Wimberley is looking strong...some believe even better than last year.

No surprise there! Always a stout program.

Phil C
08-27-2008, 04:36 PM
They were tired, but that is no excuse. They were coming off a very competitive game against Moody, but this is where the "mental" aspect of the game should kick in and all that jazz. I haven't seen you or heard you at the games Phil!?! :eek:

You never can tell about tournaments or tiredness. I remember a wierd three team tournment between Sinton, Freer of 2A my alma mater, and 5A Ray a few years ago. We easily beat Freer in 3 straight sets. Then Freer faced Ray and the games were close and it went to the fifth game with Freer finally winning it about 22 to 20 or something like that. Then in the third and last game you would think Ray would be tired and Sinton would have an easier time especially with Sinton having rested and already beaten the team that beat Ray. But nope. Ray beat us in four games (close though). Wierd tournament.