PDA

View Full Version : Region IV GOTW: #10 CC West Oso @ Port Isabel

pirate4state
08-27-2008, 02:13 PM
Last year, CC West Oso defeated Port Isabel in OT. This year PI has home field advantage and is looking to upset state ranked West Oso...can they do it?

buff4life
08-27-2008, 02:55 PM
no clue, but i don't think West Oso should be state ranked...

i want my homer pick for GOTW

buff4life
08-27-2008, 02:55 PM
I'm picking PI just because i drove by their high school on teh way to party for spring break in SPI

IHStangFan
08-27-2008, 02:59 PM
I'm gonna go with West Oso, part half-homer pick, and partly because I don't think PI will have the speed to stop WO's RBs. That being said, I too believe WO is ranked WAAAAAAY too high in the state rankings. It is yet to be seen if they should be ranked at all.

pirate4state
08-27-2008, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by buff4life
no clue, but i don't think West Oso should be state ranked...

i want my homer pick for GOTW well, you can take that up with the AP writers! :p

there will be no homer picks for GOTW out of region IV.

these are both Region IV teams...it was a no brainer...get it :D

44INAROW
08-27-2008, 03:07 PM
going with Port Isabel - :)

sotxrat
08-27-2008, 03:20 PM
i believe pi will take this one because of playing at home and probably being in better shape at this time of the season

NewYorkYankee
08-27-2008, 05:13 PM
Gonna go with the Tarpons by 7 gotta love that homefield advantage.

Hey rita my phone aint workin yet so i wont be able to update you till about 2 or 3 weeks so get with Footballgal for updates to PI games

LHexPlayer
08-27-2008, 05:18 PM
Going with PI, great football team.

sinfan75
08-27-2008, 06:09 PM
I figured Cuero-Beeville would be GOW but I'll pick Port-Isabel to win but won't be shocked if West Oso wins.

pirate4state
08-27-2008, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by sinfan75
I figured Cuero-Beeville would be GOW but I'll pick Port-Isabel to win but won't be shocked if West Oso wins. I wanted to stick with all 3A, all region IV. :p

sinfan75
08-27-2008, 06:38 PM
Figured that.

Necks_Fan
08-27-2008, 07:20 PM
Dang South Texas Bias women.

Is Bellville/Caldwell Region 4?

JR2004
08-27-2008, 07:31 PM
I'll go with PI because I enjoyed my time down there at SPI several years ago. It also seems like they don't lose very often on their home field either from what I gather from reading the PI fans that use this board.

pirate4state
08-27-2008, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
Dang South Texas Bias women.

Is Bellville/Caldwell Region 4?

Caldwell is Region III

TarponFanInNorthTexas
08-27-2008, 07:49 PM
Of course I'm gonna go with the homer pick.....but in order for PI to win, they will need to be firing on all cylinders. PI didn't look very good in it's 2 scrimmages, but also consider that those 2 scrimmages were against 31-5A Harlingen High, and 32-4A Mercedes, BOTH of whom are going to really turn some heads this season.

Necks_Fan
08-27-2008, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Caldwell is Region III So it can't qualify?

Caldwell is SO close to us Region IV Folks, that we should make an exception for this game.:)

pirate4state
08-27-2008, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
So it can't qualify?

Caldwell is SO close to us Region IV Folks, that we should make an exception for this game.:)

No. Bellville will have their GOTW later in the year.

Necks_Fan
08-27-2008, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
No. Bellville will have their GOTW later in the year. Sealy?:eek: :devil: :evillol: :evillol: :evillol: :evillol:

piratebg
08-27-2008, 09:21 PM
I am not sold on the Bears just yet. PI wins.

SintonFan_inAustin
08-27-2008, 09:46 PM
WEST OSO BEARS 28 Port Isabel Tarpons 23

Nursebetty
08-27-2008, 11:00 PM
I'm gonna have to say that Port Isabel takes this one. I just know they will win! GO TARPONS!

SintonFan_inAustin
08-27-2008, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by Nursebetty
I'm gonna have to say that Port Isabel takes this one. I just know they will win! GO TARPONS! I'm gonna have to say that Port Isabel takes this one. I just know they will win! GO TARPONS!:)

Footballhudini
08-28-2008, 06:29 AM
So much speculating the howling bear. HAVE FAITH!

WO 48 PI 19

JR2004
08-28-2008, 07:57 AM
The main question I have about this thread is how has it made it this far without Phil saying, "BEWARE OF THE HOWLING BEAR"? West Oso finally gets in the spotlight and Phil is nowhere to be found... :(

DDBooger
08-28-2008, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by JR2004
I'll go with PI because I enjoyed my time down there at SPI several years ago. It also seems like they don't lose very often on their home field either from what I gather from reading the PI fans that use this board. did you catch Pelican West:thinking: :D

Phil C
08-28-2008, 10:24 AM
BEWARE OF THE HOWLING BEAR!!

JR2004
08-28-2008, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
BEWARE OF THE HOWLING BEAR!!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

JR2004
08-28-2008, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by DDBooger
did you catch Pelican West:thinking: :D

Well I'm going to have to say no on this one...lol. Disappointed as Phil may be I was 19 at the time and there were too many half naked college girls running around SPI as well as an abundance of cheap alcohol over in Matamoros that had my attention. Maybe one day I'll get to listen to Pelican West if I take my family down there. :)

pancho villa
08-28-2008, 11:17 AM
I did'nt know they played football south of San Antonio!

garciap77
08-28-2008, 12:38 PM
Go IP! I like them Tarpons! I see an upset!:)

footballgal
08-28-2008, 02:24 PM
Steady Seawall
http://epaper.valleystar.com/Repository/getimage.dll?path=VMS/2008/08/28/9/Img/Pc0090300.jpg
G. Daniel Lopez/The Brownsville Herald
Port Isabel defenders Javier Roque (front) and linebacker Luis Flandes are two key members of the famed Seawall Defense, which will attempt to corral the West Oso Bears in the Valley Morning Star’s Game of the Week.

Port Isabel’s defense poised to shut down speedy Bears

By ROY HESS
RGVSports.com

Port Isabel’s defense faces quite a challenge to start the football season.
The Tarpons play their season opener at home at 7:30 p.m. Friday against Class 3A state-ranked West Oso and its standout group of running backs led by Shedrick Howard. In preseason polls, West Oso is ranked 10th by Texas Football magazine and 15th by The Associated Press. The Bears have seven starters back on offense and eight on defense from last year’s 8-3 ballclub that thrived behind Howard, a speedy, shifty tailback who averaged more than 100 yards rushing a game and was named District 31-3A offensive MVP. Actually, Howard is not West Oso’s only weapon. The Bears boast one of the most talented backfields in South Texas this season. Besides Howard (5-9, 165), there’s Markieth Smith (5-10, 170) and David Foxx (5-9, 155). All three seniors have 4.5 speed.
And if that’s not enough, sophomore backup running back Darius Dorsey (5-10, 160) is pretty quick, too.
“If it’s the one (Howard) I’m thinking about, this will be his third year starting, and we’ve been chasing him around for two years now. This will be the last time, I hope,” PI coach Monty Stumbaugh said. “He’s a tough, little runner. You’ve got to be a sure tackler with him, and their other running backs, too,
“We had a hard time tackling them last year, so it’s going to be a big challenge for us,” he added. “They’re not big kids, but they’re very explosive. They have a lot of speed, they’re quick and they can get on the edge (around the end) in a hurry. They’re shifty and have lots of moves. It’s going to be an important factor for us to stop them.”
This marks the fourth straight season for the Tarpons to play West Oso. The past two years, they’ve met in the regular season. West Oso triumphed at home over PI a year ago 20-14 in overtime, and in 2006, the Tarpons beat the Bears 27-19 at Tarpon Stadium.
In 2005, PI played West Oso in the first round of the 3A Division II playoffs at Texas A&M-Kingsville and won 41-14.
The Tarpons return six starters on offense and three on defense from last year’s 7-4 team.
The PI players are familiar with Friday night’s opponent and know exactly what they must do.
“The key thing is going to be containing them, breaking down (their blocking) and holding on to make sure we make the tackle,” said Luis Flandes, PI’s 5-foot-9, 170-pound senior middle linebacker. “My responsibility will be basically making sure we get our defense aligned correctly and we fill in the gaps.”
Added senior defensive tackle Javier Roque, a 5-10, 265-pounder and twoyear starter: “Like my teammate said, we have to contain them, play together as a team and play with a lot of heart. Last year, I didn’t get to play because I was injured, so this year I’m excited because I’ll be on the field.
“Playing (scrimmages) against Harlingen and Mercedes has helped us because they’re strong teams, and now we’re going against another strong team in West Oso,” Roque added. “It just helps us get better and better and helps prepare us for the 3A teams (in District 32-3A).”
Both players agree they’d much rather face West Oso at Tarpon Stadium instead of traveling to the Coastal Bend like last year.
“We’re happy for the support of the community,” Flandes said. “Watch out for us. We’ll be there.”
Roy Hess covers high school football for Valley Freedom Newspapers. He can be reached at rhess@brownsvilleherald.com.

footballgal
08-28-2008, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by TarponFanInNorthTexas
Of course I'm gonna go with the homer pick.....but in order for PI to win, they will need to be firing on all cylinders. PI didn't look very good in it's 2 scrimmages, but also consider that those 2 scrimmages were against 31-5A Harlingen High, and 32-4A Mercedes, BOTH of whom are going to really turn some heads this season.

+1

PIs D will have to step it up, to contain the speedy backfield of WO, hopefully they will consistently wrap up, in this game.

Ranger Mom
08-28-2008, 04:25 PM
I'm going with PI because we don't have any posters from West OSO!!:D

footballgal
08-28-2008, 04:28 PM
Who knows maybe they are just guest. :)

Ranger Mom
08-28-2008, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by footballgal
Who knows maybe they are just guest. :)

True.....okay, how bout this one -

"I'm going with PI because TFINT was the very first poster from the downlow I ever met in person!"

Better??:D

footballgal
08-28-2008, 04:55 PM
ok, but I am sorry you had to meet him first. :D j/k Kenny

btw, I am hurt you (TFINT) didn't even say bye @Hgn - were you that POd?

bandera7
08-28-2008, 08:07 PM
ok. I cant help myself. Why not Bandera v LaVernia? Game one last year saw the Bears take it in big fashion, 47-20. However, as the season rolled on, Bandera became more comfortable in their new systems on both sides of the ball, and in the first round of the playoffs beat LV 17-14. This should be a very emotional and very good game. That being said....

I take PI

pirate4state
08-28-2008, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by bandera7
ok. I cant help myself. Why not Bandera v LaVernia? Game one last year saw the Bears take it in big fashion, 47-20. However, as the season rolled on, Bandera became more comfortable in their new systems on both sides of the ball, and in the first round of the playoffs beat LV 17-14. This should be a very emotional and very good game. That being said....

I take PI

because BBDE told me this would bug you :devil: :D

bandera7
08-28-2008, 08:15 PM
Im gonna kill him. He would do something like this. Im sure if I hadnt mentioned it to him yet he would have asked me what I thought about the games of the week, saying something like PI/CCWO was by far the best game. Typical of BBDE

pirate4state
08-28-2008, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by bandera7
Im gonna kill him. He would do something like this. Im sure if I hadnt mentioned it to him yet he would have asked me what I thought about the games of the week, saying something like PI/CCWO was by far the best game. Typical of BBDE

hahaha

I actually thought about Bandera/La Vernia, but that's all I did. :p

TarponFanInNorthTexas
08-28-2008, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by footballgal
ok, but I am sorry you had to meet him first. :D j/k Kenny

btw, I am hurt you (TFINT) didn't even say bye @Hgn - were you that POd?

Naw, I was burnin' up!!! Had to get outta there before I started to regret it.

By the way, I'll be down for the Edcouch-Elsa game.

buff4ever
08-28-2008, 11:55 PM
Port by 14 in this one. I won't be able to make it:) !

gobbler grad
08-29-2008, 07:26 AM
take the tarpons in the season opener....:thinking:

footballgal
08-29-2008, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by buff4ever
Port by 14 in this one. I won't be able to make it:) !
Sorry you can't make it - maybe next time! ;) No really we would love to have you.

footballgal
08-29-2008, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by gobbler grad
take the tarpons in the season opener....:thinking: season openers are always tough for PI, but well see how they come out.

footballgal
08-29-2008, 10:34 AM
It’s Tarpon time

Port Isabel, West Oso battle in VMS Game of the Week

By ARMANDO GARZA
RGVSports.com 956-430-6255

http://epaper.valleystar.com/Repository/getimage.dll?path=VMS/2008/08/29/15/Img/Pc0150600.jpg
Theresa Najera/Valley Morning Star
The Port Isabel Tarpons get in a final workout earlier this week before their Game of the Week against the West Oso Bears tonight at Tarpon Stadium.

PORT ISABEL

— Just getting to play tonight’s game is somewhat of a victory for the Port Isabel Tarpons.
After a summer of being displaced by Hurricane Dolly and all of the adjustments that came with it, the Tarpons open the season tonight against West Oso at Tarpon Stadium.
The tilt is the Valley Morning Star’s Game of the Week for Week Zero.
“When you cross the lines, you have to perform. That’s the name of the game,” Port Isabel head coach Monty Stumbaugh said. “But this is a pretty good matchup for us.”
No set practice field, flooded facilities along with weight and locker rooms with no air conditioning are just a few of the inconveniences Stumbaugh’s squad has had to endure.
But win or lose, the setbacks will not be used as excuses for the Tarpons.
“It’s not the players’ fault; it’s not anybody’s fault. It just happened,” Stumbaugh said. “But the kids have done fine. Us playing good or bad isn’t because we’re sitting in the dressing rooms. That’s not gonna keep us from being successful on Friday night.”
Tarpon Stadium suffered minor damage, including 25-second clocks and the iconic sign in the end zone proclaiming PI’s success over the years. The clocks are expected to be up and running tonight.
And so are the Tarpons.
On the field, PI will field a young school of fightin’ fish.
Junior Kyle DeMoss will start at quarterback in his first varsity game and fellow junior Joe Vega is expected to see plenty of time at tailback.
“Whether we’re on the practice field, or a scrimmage, or a game, we put all of those distractions aside,” DeMoss said. “Because when Friday comes, it’ll feel normal.”
It’s uncertain whether backs Diego Garcia and Rolando Alvarez will see action against the Bears due to injuries.
PI started work the kinks out against Mercedes, losing 4-2 to the 4A contender in their controlled scrimmage last week.
The young Seawall Defense, which returns only three starters, will have all it can handle from the Bears.
That’s because West Oso will bring plenty of speed with them. The Bears, a favorite out of District 31-3A, boast plenty of team speed. Nowhere is that more evident than in the offensive backfield. Speedsters Shedrick Howard, Markeith Smith and David Foxx are a triple threat of breaknecks. “They’ve got lots of speed and quickness,” Stumbaugh said of the Bears. “We’ve gotta get ‘em before they get going. Because they hit the holes in a hurry.” Howard, who had over 1,100 yards rushing a year ago, is the centerpiece of that lightning-quick West Oso backfield. “He’s every elusive,” Stumbaugh said. “And he’s very tough to bring down.” The Bears aren’t just quick on offense. Defensively, they’re just as fast. Linebacker John Baldwin is one of the best around, and he led the team in tackles a year ago. The Bears topped PI in an overtime nailbiter 20-14 last year in Corpus Christi.

pirate4state
08-29-2008, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I'm going with PI because we don't have any posters from West OSO!!:D We had ONE, but I don't know what happened to him. :(

TarponFanInNorthTexas
08-29-2008, 11:31 AM
Well, does Phil "kinda" count with his usual "BEWARE OF THE HOWLING BEAR" posts?

I dunno, just a thought.

footballgal
08-29-2008, 11:37 AM
lol, Yeah I think he might quailify.:)

TarponFanInNorthTexas
08-29-2008, 11:50 AM
Check out the post I just made "Just for Phil." He's gonna love it!

KingRob
08-29-2008, 04:57 PM
This should be a good game, but I'm going with West Oso. It will be close.....

West Oso - 20
Port Isabel - 16

Good Luck to both teams!

TarponFanInNorthTexas
08-29-2008, 08:25 PM
Last update I've seen is....

CC West Oso - 13
Port Isabel - 2

Port Isabel is very sloppy and have already committed 3 or 4 turnovers, one right as they were about to score. Tarpons then got a safety on the next play, resulting in the current score.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
08-29-2008, 08:45 PM
3 minutes left in the 2nd

CC West Oso - 20
Port Isabel - 9

Port Isabel scores a TD and misses the extra point. On the first play of CC West Oso's next possession after the kickoff, Foxx busts one 91 yards for a TD.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
08-29-2008, 10:01 PM
West Oso 26
Port Isabel 9

Port Isabel's offense is just stinking it up, apparently. The QB looks shell-shocked out there.

West Oso scored on another long TD run, 80 yards.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
08-29-2008, 10:35 PM
Port Isabel scores, but it's simply too little, too late.

Port Isabel - 15
CC West Oso - 26

About 4 minutes left in the 4th.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
08-29-2008, 10:48 PM
With 2 minutes left an an 11 point lead and on a 4th and 7, CC West Oso fakes a punt and scores.

CC West Oso - 32
Port Isabel - 16

The PI crowd....pardon my French....is PISSED about that one.

Txbroadcaster
08-29-2008, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by TarponFanInNorthTexas
With 2 minutes left an an 11 point lead and on a 4th and 7, CC West Oso fakes a punt and scores.

CC West Oso - 32
Port Isabel - 16

The PI crowd....pardon my French....is PISSED about that one.

Honestly I have no problem with that

11 point lead, they punt, you score...now it is one score game crazy things happen

they went aggressive and sealed the deal

TarponFanInNorthTexas
08-29-2008, 10:55 PM
PI scores a quick TD with the backup QB running the show and convert the 2-pt conversion.

Port Isabel - 21
CC West Oso - 32

About 1:20 left.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
08-29-2008, 11:02 PM
Port Isabel THOUGHT it had a fumble, PI defender strips the ball away from West Oso RB, but referee blows the call and calls RB down.

CC West Oso runs out the clock.

Port Isabel - 21
CC West Oso - 32

FINAL

Port Isabel's last touchdown of the night was with Port Isabel's backup QB in and the offense suddenly seemed to be clicking on all-cylinders. There may be a QB controversy in PI suddenly.

IHStangFan
08-29-2008, 11:09 PM
Way to go Oso!

footballgal
08-30-2008, 01:43 AM
orginally posted by crippler Got back a lil while ago. WAAAAY too many turnovers, for both teams actually. But the first 5 minutes were just a nightmare for PI. Literally the first 3 offensive plays resulted in 3 turnovers (1 INT & 2 fumbles).

Running game did a decent job tonight. Paco Vega is awesome. If he can avoid the fumbles, he is going to be a force in 32-3A. Diego did a decent job as well, but Paco was definetly the standout player tonight, IMO.

DeMoss I still can't really make a judgment on. Like GUY said, there was times where he didn't make very good throws. But there was definetly times where he made some great throws. There is no denying he has an arm. Hopefully the ridiculous amount of QB/Center exchange fumbles tonight can be attested to some of that, and he outright wins the job next week.

All in all, it definetly seems they have the talent. However, penalties & mistakes will overtake talent on any given Friday night. If PI can fix the turnovers, they will be fine.
+1

Horrific start, but IMO the QB will be just fine and the D did pretty well, kept the Tarps alive despite all the turnovers; it's just going to take some time to get the right chemistry. And like everyone mentioned, Tarps also have to cut down on the TOs and penalties. Penalties are the ones that really get me upset, especially the ones that come because of attitudes – those need to be totally eliminated. But overall, I think the Tarps will be just fine. Just give it some time, come district they will be ready!

I think even coach got a 15 yd penalty for getting on the refs, for not calling a late hit on Paco.

As far as the Bears, they certainly have some speedy backs and the QB is quick too, overall IMO they are pretty much last years team.

footballgal
08-30-2008, 10:05 AM
http://epaper.valleystar.com/Repository/getimage.dll?path=VMS/2008/08/30/15/Img/Pc0151100.jpg
Theresa Najera / Valley Morning Star
Port Isabel running back Joe Vega makes his way over the West Oso defense during the Valley Morning Star’s Game of the Week on Friday at Tarpon Stadium in Port Isabel.

Sloppy start

Port Isabel Tarpons open 2008 season on a sour note

By ARMANDO GARZA
RGVSports.com 956-430-6255

PORT ISABEL
— It sure looked like the first game of the season.
With plenty of rust to go around on both sides, West Oso pulled out a 32-21 win Friday night in the Valley Morning Star’s Game of the Week.
After an extremely sloppy start for both teams, West Oso (1-0) used its speed when it had to, putting away the Tarpons.
“First ballgame, you’re always gonna be a little sloppy,” West Oso head coach Mark Guess said. “We’ve got a ways to go. We’re by no means where we need to be. But we played well enough to win. It wasn’t pretty, but it’s a win.”
Markeith Smith scored on a 93-yard burst in the second quarter, while back mate Shedrick Howard ran 83 yards in the third quarter for another score as the Bears broke open a somewhat-close game by playing good defense and forcing the Tarpons into several turnovers.
“When you’ve got backs like we have, you’re gonna get a couple of big plays a ballgame,” Guess said.
The two teams combined for eight first half turnovers, four of them lost fumbles for the Tarpons. West Oso wasn’t squeaky clean either, giving it away three times and committing 10 penalites. In all, PI gave the ball away six times on the night.
“You can’t win like that with all those turnovers against a good football team,” Port Isabel head coach Monty Stumbaugh said. “We played pretty good defense. They were on the field a bunch, and they rose up several times. It could’ve been worse. I’m real proud of them.”
The sloppiness came before the opening kickoff, when the Bears were penalized for a rare game-opening delay of game penalty. West Oso was flagged 17 times for 115 yards.
After PI’s Kyle DeMoss was picked off on the second play of the game, Smith (11 carries, 182 yards, 3TDs) rushed it in from 21-yard out to give the visitors a quick 7-0 lead.
Then another PI turnover, this time a fumble by Joe Vega, was recovered by West Oso’s John Baldwin at the Tarpon 18 yard line.
But the Seawall Defense, aided by a few penalties by the Bears ended the threat.
However, on the next PI series, another fumble was recovered by West Oso’s Carlos Balderas in the end zone for a Bear TD. The PAT was no good for a 13-0 lead with 8:57 to go in the first.
PI’s first points of 2008 came courtesy of the defense.
After another turnover, the D held West Oso and an errant snap went into the end zone. After a mad scramble, the ball went out of the end zone to make it 13-2.
Later, Vega, who ran for 85 yards of tough running, scored from nine yards out to close it to 13-9 after Jaime Salazar’s PAT.
But that’s as close as PI could get.
Smith’s 93 yard touchdown pushed it to 20-9 before half, and Howard’s long TD put the game out of reach. The Bears finished with 390 yards on offense, 343 of those on the ground.
DeMoss dove in from two yards out in the fourth, hurting his right shoulder in the process.
The cherry on top for Smith was a 40-yard TD run in the fourth quarter on what was originally a punt. Smith fielded the snap and saw nothing but green, opting to tuck the ball and race to the end zone to make it 32-15.
Late in the game, Garcia (18-117, TD) ran in from seven yards out to round out the scoring. PI finished with 283 yards offensively.
“I was pleased with our effort,” Stumbaugh said. “But the bottom line, you can’t have those turnovers and win football games. We’ve got to build on it and get better from here.”

NewYorkYankee
08-30-2008, 12:53 PM
The score was actually pretty deceiving,if PI didnt make all those fumbles the Tarps would have definitely taken this game. But thats all a reflection of youth and inexperience which im confident will be corrected soon enough.

As for CCWO RIta put it best Hit em in the mouth and youll shut em down.

CCWO commited a ridiculous amount of penalties as many penalties as PI had fumbles. Their main threats as u already know are Marquies Smith and Shedrick Howard. They run a shotgun spread type of offense and theyre nowhere close to being a passing team! but I believe they do that cuz their line isnt that big so they spread the field and let their RB's try to outrun the defenders to the gap. CCWO did a play where it was fourth an 6 I believe on the opposing teams 35 yd line and the center snapped it to I believe it was Smith Or Howard whichever one of them does the kicking and it was fake and he ran for a 15-20 yd gain so 31-3A dont let ur guard down on 4th down and punting situations. Howard is the main threat u need to contain Smith is good but containable. Their QB is not a threat in the passing scheme he's more of a scrambler,he's got decent speed.Blitzing worked really well against CCWO. I was not impressed with CCWO at all definitely not #10 caliber. More Like #16-#20. I believe Sinton,Ingleside have the ability to beat CCWO. CCWO has no depth and when you run the ball on them u wear em out. If CCWO fixes the penalties and works on execution I see them winning district and if they dont fix those errors I can see Sinton or Ingleside take the 31-3A crown. Good luck to ur season 31-3A should be fun in the playoffs ;)