Who wins and why?

Be objective, please.

Got ya.:D

Necks_Fan
08-27-2008, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by R1Editor
Liberty Hill-Burnet @Alamodome

Who wins and why?

Be objective, please. Brownwood..... instead of Liberty Hill right?

R1Editor
08-27-2008, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by LHexPlayer
Got ya.:D :mad: :mad: :tongue: Sorry folks, brain lock.

Thinking ahead. :D

LHexPlayer
08-27-2008, 02:12 PM
:mad: :mad: :tongue: Sorry folks, brain lock.

Hey I voted for Liberty Hill. Please move my vote to Burnet.:D

buff4life
08-27-2008, 02:56 PM
Brownwood, no doubt, watched Burnet scrimmage Giddings and they don't look that good, not much size anywhere and not much speed either

Snydertigersrul
08-27-2008, 07:07 PM
Brownwood-Burnet @Alamodome

Who wins and why?

Be objective, please.

Hey Rocket, why did you pick this game?

JR2004
08-27-2008, 07:33 PM
I'll pick Brownwood. Don't care what the score is. Being from Lampasas I just can't pick Burnet to win...lol.

injuredinmelee
08-27-2008, 08:31 PM
i am a dreamer but I refuse to root for Bwood and I hope they lose every game... lol Thats just the way things are in Injuredland....

... in the real world the wood will win.

R1Editor
08-27-2008, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by Snydertigersrul
Hey Rocket, why did you pick this game? Are you willing to put your screen name and posting rights up if you're wrong and I'll put mine up if you're right.:thinking:

Trashman
08-27-2008, 10:46 PM
Brownwood-Burnet @Alamodome

Who wins and why?

Be objective, please.

Brownwood 28
Burnet 7 (very late in the game) :hand:

Why? Because the Bwd D is that good. :D

"If they can't score on you, they can't beat you." :thinking:
Gordon Wood

espn1
08-28-2008, 01:33 AM
Originally posted by JR2004
I'll pick Brownwood. Don't care what the score is. Being from Lampasas I just can't pick Burnet to win...lol. I can see why! It sux being owned for so many years!

LH Panther Mom
08-28-2008, 05:53 AM
Are you willing to put your screen name and posting rights up if you're wrong and I'll put mine up if you're right.:thinking:
:evillol: :evillol: :evillol: :evillol:

Lion_Addict
08-28-2008, 07:07 AM
Brownwood wins of course :D . I have thought about it since my last prediction and am giving us another touch..... 35-14.
Too much fire power on offense & the D is gonna surprise many ;)

Snydertigersrul
08-28-2008, 07:22 AM
Are you willing to put your screen name and posting rights up if you're wrong and I'll put mine up if you're right.:thinking:

Starting to sound like the old KTA

LH Panther Mom
08-28-2008, 07:24 AM
Sooooooo, are you willing to take him up on it or not? :devil:

garciap77
08-28-2008, 08:15 AM

Go for it! You have nothing to loose!

You can always come back as someone else!:D

A New An Improved SnyderTiger or SuperTiger!;)

garciap77
08-28-2008, 08:19 AM
I'll take Brownwood by 14!

Bullaholic
08-28-2008, 09:16 AM
Don't know enough specifics about either of these teams this season to make more than a "gut hunch" prediction:

Brownwood 28-17

I don't think Brownwood has lost that much from last season, and Burnet----while greatly improved and returning to the Burnet of old---has not improved enough this early to take down a perennial power like Brownwood. Later in the season---maybe.

BEAST
08-28-2008, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Don't know enough specifics about either of these teams this season to make more than a "gut hunch" prediction:

Brownwood 28-17

I don't think Brownwood has lost that much from last season, and Jasper----while greatly improved and returning to the Jasper of old---has not improved enough this early to take down a perennial power like Brownwood. Later in the season---maybe.

Jasper?

BEAST

Bullaholic
08-28-2008, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by BEAST
Jasper?

BEAST

Sorry bout' that---had Jasper on the brain---I meant Burnet. Sorry---guess I'm getting "part-timers". :D

R1Editor
08-28-2008, 10:50 AM
Starting to sound like the old KTA I'm not sure why you have a bone to pick over the GOTW or with me. What have I done to cause it? When they were asking for volunteers were you in the front of the line? As to the game of the week the best options were:

Abilene Wylie vs Vernon (Both Region I)
Sweetwater vs Burk (Both Region I)
Liberty Hill vs Giddings (I'm sure there wouldn't have been any comments on that one.:rolleyes: )

Or I guess I could have gone with Snyder vs Big Springs. I guess that one would have made more sense to you.:hand:

Unlike some I feel Brownwood deserves some respect coming into 3A and into District 2-3A.

BUT, if you want to be the Region I editor send me a PM and I promise you I can get it done.

Bullaholic
08-28-2008, 11:17 AM
R1....Your job is similar to that of a little league umpire----you volunteer and do the best you can to be unbiased and call em' as you see em', and still get blasted by some of the fans. If you took that umpire's mask off and held it up for anyone in the stands to put on----I'll bet you would get few takers.

I'm happy with any GOTW choices that you put up now or in the future---I'm just glad you and the other region editors are willing to do it for our mutual enjoyment. Dedicated followers of Texas highschool football love the opportunity to discuss games and teams with anyone, anywhere, anytime-----especially the ones that they have never had the opportunity to review. Keep up the good work---I look forward to seeing every game you select each week----no matter who it is.

I'm not sure why you have a bone to pick over the GOTW or with me. What have I done to cause it? When they were asking for volunteers were you in the front of the line? As to the game of the week the best options were:

Liberty Hill vs Giddings (I'm sure there wouldn't have been any comments on that one.:rolleyes: )

Or I guess I could have gone with Snyder vs Big Springs. I guess that one would have made more sense to you.:hand:

Unlike some I feel Brownwood deserves some respect coming into 3A and into District 2-3A.

BUT, if you want to be the Region I editor send me a PM and I promise you I can get it done.

garciap77
08-28-2008, 12:32 PM
I'm not sure why you have a bone to pick over the GOTW or with me. What have I done to cause it? When they were asking for volunteers were you in the front of the line? As to the game of the week the best options were:

I think you made the best choice! They are the new kid on the block and deserve to be recognized!:) Good job R1Editor !:clap:

LH Panther Mom
08-28-2008, 01:43 PM
R1editor - feel free to use the as needed on ole' drools. http://www.buzzlife.com/forums/images/smilies/buttkick.gif

;)

footballgal
08-28-2008, 02:34 PM
Is Burnet back in 3a? :eek:

pirate4state
08-28-2008, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by footballgal
Is Burnet back in 3a? :eek: YES! Girl, where have you been???

footballgal
08-28-2008, 04:01 PM
apparently not paying attention! :D

BwdLions
08-28-2008, 04:02 PM

Hey, it's great for someone to say something positive about Brownwood on the DownLow. Thanks R1Editor! :thumbsup:

JR2004
08-28-2008, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
R1....Your job is similar to that of a little league umpire----

Comparing the two is an insult to little league umpires everywhere!

R1Editor
08-28-2008, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
Comparing the two is an insult to little league umpires everywhere! :thinking: :thinking: And when you've done both.:doh:

Snydertigersrul
08-28-2008, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by BwdLions
Hey, it's great for someone to say something positive about Brownwood on the DownLow. Thanks R1Editor! :thumbsup:

They have not won anything yet, or for at least the last 20 years of so.

Snyder, the best 0-0 team in the state and a state semifinalist twice in the last four years.

garciap77
08-28-2008, 11:07 PM

Snyder, the best 0-0 team in the state and a state semifinalist twice in the last four years.

:1popcorn::1popcorn::1popcorn:

SNYDER325TIGERS
08-28-2008, 11:29 PM

I remember that dude lol, he did leave after his home team lost, it was Graham wasn't it?

buff4ever
08-28-2008, 11:52 PM
if brownwood is what they are suppose to be, they will win this one by atleast 21.

LH Panther Mom
08-29-2008, 06:50 AM
Best of luck, Bulldogs! :cheerl:

Lion_Addict
08-29-2008, 06:52 AM

Shutting your big ole pie hole is gonna be so sweet come the last regular season game, especially if we get the honor of knocking ya outta the playoff picture. Keep on yapping it dude. You have no clue what's coming. :devil:

Lion_Addict
08-29-2008, 07:09 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Best of luck, Bulldogs! :cheerl:

:thmbdwn: :tongue: :tongue: , and of course :D

LH Panther Mom
08-29-2008, 07:10 AM
Originally posted by Lion_Addict
:thmbdwn: :tongue: :tongue: , and of course :D :kiss: It's a love/hate kind of thing. :devil:

Lion_Addict
08-29-2008, 07:15 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
:kiss: It's a love/hate kind of thing. :devil:

Ummmm, so would "Best of luck Lions" be a hate/hate kind of thing? :thinking: :p

Just messin witcha girl. I'm pumped! Ready to hit the road!!:cheerl:

LH Panther Mom
08-29-2008, 07:20 AM
Ummmm, so would "Best of luck Lions" be a hate/hate kind of thing? :thinking: :p

Just messin witcha girl. I'm pumped! Ready to hit the road!!:cheerl:
No, not enough history there yet. Like all relationships, it takes time for these things to develop. :D :p ;)

Rocket
08-29-2008, 07:38 AM

We have made it to the Semifinals and Quarterfinals in the last 5 Seasons IN 4A. You just got trumped.

LH Panther Mom
08-29-2008, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by Rocket
We have made it to the Semifinals and Quarterfinals in the last 5 Seasons IN 4A. You just got trumped.
Maybe so, but are you the self-proclaimed best 0-0 team in the state? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

GO DAWGS!

WildTexan972
08-29-2008, 12:39 PM
Semi's are for sissies....heck, nearly ANYONE can make those....

Lion_Addict
08-29-2008, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by WildTexan972
Semi's are for sissies....heck, nearly ANYONE can make those....

:rolleyes: Yep, yawl would have taken all those large 4A teams out with no problem right? Sorry, I just keep forgetting about the almighty Celina Bobcats that will just wipe the floor with anybody. :hand: :devil:

Snydertigersrul
08-29-2008, 02:43 PM

How many gold balls have you won lately?

Rocket
08-29-2008, 06:21 PM

57-27 All Time Playoff Record.
36 Playoff games since 1985.
19 Playoff games since 1998.
11 Playoff Wins since 1998. 11 GOLD BALLS since 1998.
The last time we played Snyder we beat the snot out of them for one of those GOLD BALLS 42-28.

State Championship Trophies are not GOLD BALLS. They are mounted plaques and we have 7 of them All Time. I guess you would know that if Snyder had one.

BwdLion73
08-29-2008, 06:32 PM
:clap: :D

Lion_Addict
08-29-2008, 07:03 PM

You seem to speak of something you don't have.....hmmmm :thinking: BALLS! :eek: :devil:

IHStangFan
08-29-2008, 11:40 PM
I had nothing against Brownwood until some of you guys came around here and started running your mouths. Can't wait to see you get beat. That is all. :clap:

Lion_Addict
08-30-2008, 05:24 AM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
I had nothing against Brownwood until some of you guys came around here and started running your mouths. Can't wait to see you get beat. That is all. :clap:

I'm not one to usually "run my mouth", but the above post was for a dude that has continually ran his mouth since we've been here, and is running it over on our own site. Guess we should just sit on our hands huh? Be good lil boys? Don't think so. :hand: . If someone's gonna dish it out, then they're gonna have to receive it right back :devil: .
Just have yourself a big ole party then, "when" (if) we get beat....don't suppose we'll be invited? :kiss: :devil:

BwdLion73
08-30-2008, 08:02 AM
Don't worry IHStangFan we have a tough pre season and a tough district. I would say the odds are pretty good that we will lose some games. Maybe if we almost get beat you will feel a little better. :kiss:

LH Panther Mom
08-30-2008, 08:32 AM
You seem to speak of something you don't have.....hmmmm :thinking: BALLS! :eek: :devil:
LMAO! :doh: That made me laugh. :D

Rocket
08-30-2008, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan

Please show me one thread started by Brownwood.

Ranger Mom
08-30-2008, 09:56 PM
Please show me one thread started by Brownwood.

He didn't say anything about starting a thread...he said running your mouth.

One can easily run their mouth without starting the initial thread!!

BwdLion73
08-30-2008, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
He didn't say anything about starting a thread...he said running your mouth.

One can easily run their mouth without starting the initial thread!!

:thinking:

Ranger Mom
08-30-2008, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by BwdLion73
:thinking:

Are you insinuating that I am running MY mouth??

I will be the first to admit it....but I ain't the one denying it either!! ;)

garciap77
08-31-2008, 12:05 AM
The last time we played Snyder we beat the snot out of them for one of those GOLD BALLS 42-28.

State Championship Trophies are not GOLD BALLS. They are mounted plaques and we have 7 of them All Time. I guess you would know that if Snyder had one.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

:1popcorn:

garciap77
08-31-2008, 12:10 AM

:eek: :eek: :eek:

:1popcorn:

:D

tigerfan69
08-31-2008, 12:24 AM

At least you can live with all of the success thanks to coach Wood, who was born in Abilene. Of course, no championships have come in more than 20 YEARS.

Rocket
08-31-2008, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Are you insinuating that I am running MY mouth??

I will be the first to admit it....but I ain't the one denying it either!! ;)

Not denying that I run my mouth. But just making the point that we aren't starting it. ;)

Rocket
08-31-2008, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by tigerfan69
At least you can live with all of the success thanks to coach Wood, who was born in Abilene. Of course, no championships have come in more than 20 YEARS.

So success is defined as a state championship? Brownwood WINS and has success year in and year out. In our worst season, Brownwood still beat Snyder.

Snyder Tigers
The worst 0-1 team in 2-3A and 3A.

Bubba-Joe
08-31-2008, 05:19 PM

NOW NOW
snyder does have some mounted plaques from

BASEBALL
and
DRAMA

DaHop72
08-31-2008, 05:27 PM

Snyder Tigers
The worst 0-1 team in 2-3A and 3A. A little over the top in my opinion Rocket. :rolleyes:

Rocket
08-31-2008, 05:54 PM
Was it over the top when the other snyder boy was claiming y'all were the best 0-0 team? Ha ha

Just messin...

Rocket
08-31-2008, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by Bubba-Joe
NOW NOW
snyder does have some mounted plaques from

BASEBALL
and
DRAMA

Well that's sweet...

Snydertigersrul
08-31-2008, 06:19 PM