PDA

View Full Version : On the Moye Situation

Txbroadcaster
08-27-2008, 01:29 PM
RM was asking about him

Heplayed at Diboll his SR year

the basic deal with him was he moved into one school ISD...his sister taught at another, so he went to the school his sister taught at...Since she was not his legal guardian the UIL ruled he could not go outside his ISD

Ranger Mom
08-27-2008, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
RM was asking about him

the basic deal with him was he moved into one school ISD...his sister taught at another, so he went to the school his sister taught at...Since she was not his legal guardian the UIL ruled he could not go outside his ISD

Thanks!! I knew there was some different circumstances, but couldn't remember what!!

Txbroadcaster
08-27-2008, 01:33 PM
If there is any more to that a Jasper fan can chime in, but I remember that part from my interviews with the Jasper HC at the time

I do know he had wore out his welcome in other ways in Jasper but that was the "official" reason and response

kaorder1999
08-27-2008, 01:38 PM
terry...check em

mistanice
08-27-2008, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
RM was asking about him

After the Hurricane, Moye moved to Lufkin to live(and attend Diboll High) with his sister who was also coaching/teaching at Diboll ISD. The problem is that his sister lived in Lufkin at an apartment which is within the Lufkin ISD boundary. This is why it was made into such a big deal, they were telling him he should attend school at Lufkin ISD.

If I remember they didn't allow Moye to participate in any varsity sport and had to wait until his Sr. year.