PDA

View Full Version : Bob Hayes HOF - again

3afan
08-27-2008, 12:39 PM
Ex-Dallas Cowboy Bob Hayes getting second chance at Hall of Fame

11:53 AM CDT on Wednesday, August 27, 2008
By RICK GOSSELIN / The Dallas Morning News
rgosselin@dallasnews.com

Bob Hayes didn't give many defensive backs a second chance in his days as a game-breaking wide receiver for the Dallas Cowboys.

But the Pro Football Hall of Fame has decided to give Hayes a second chance.

The seniors committee of the Hall of Fame on Wednesday decided to re-nominate Hayes – just five years after he was rejected as a senior candidate. Hayes is joined by Claude Humphrey as the two senior candidates for the Class of 2009.

more ... (http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/stories/082808dnspcowboyshayes.19bd43f9.html)

Reds fan
08-27-2008, 12:55 PM
Lord, I remember so well the days of "Bullet" Bob Hayes and the "bomb"!

Hope he makes it this time, RIP Bob.

Bull's-eye
08-27-2008, 01:15 PM
This is one of the biggest disgraces by the HOF. Bob Hayes changed the way teams played defense, forcing them to develop the zone type coverages. Not only was he a great receiver, he was feared on punt & kickoff returns. As a kid, I idolized Hayes similar to that of Babe Ruth in baseball. On every long bomb, we all pretended to be the "Bullet". I still remember the "Ice BowL", Hayes ran his routes with his hands tucked in his pockets. There is no question, he deserves to be in the HOF.

Txbroadcaster
08-27-2008, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
I still remember the "Ice BowL", Hayes ran his routes with his hands tucked in his pockets. There is no question, he deserves to be in the HOF.

Some say his giving away the play with that action and his arrest are the main reasons he never got in the HOF..and now today's voters cant understand his impact

sinfan75
08-27-2008, 06:02 PM
"IT"S THE BOMB TO HAYES"!! Wasn't that Curt Gowdy that used to announce the games on tv? Damn a long time. I'm startin to think I might be old.:D