PDA

View Full Version : Monahans vs Midland Christian

Tres Lobos
08-27-2008, 11:14 AM
These teams have played the past few years and its been pretty even every year. I gotta go monahans just cuz of experience, anyone else got a prediction?

Sweetwater Red
08-27-2008, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by Tres Lobos
These teams have played the past few years and its been pretty even every year. I gotta go monahans just cuz of experience, anyone else got a prediction?

I'll give you two for the price of one.:thumbsup:

Week 0

Monahans 35
M. Christian 24

Week 2

Sweetwater 28
Monahans 14

:D

Tres Lobos
08-27-2008, 11:26 AM
haha yall will be lucky to get 7 points let alone 28 :D

Sweetwater Red
08-27-2008, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by Tres Lobos
haha yall will be lucky to get 7 points let alone 28 :D

We shall see. :)

nobogey72
08-27-2008, 04:29 PM
For whatever it is worth-------------IMO Monahans' QB is a stud. Saw him in scrimmage w/ Wylie. He will put some points on the board on his own with just pure athletic ability.

Sweetwater Red
08-27-2008, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by nobogey72
For whatever it is worth-------------IMO Monahans' QB is a stud. Saw him in scrimmage w/ Wylie. He will put some points on the board on his own with just pure athletic ability.

What did you think his best attributes were...size, strength,
agility...???:thinking:

justlikesports
08-27-2008, 04:55 PM
GO LOBOES!

Cameron Crazy
08-27-2008, 06:24 PM
Without a doubt, Monahans rolls.

Tres Lobos
08-27-2008, 10:03 PM
ya our qb has good agility and good speed, and when he needs to throw it he has some good recievers to throw to down field

WTF-82
08-27-2008, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red

Great speed & athletic ability good arm and is getting so much better at understanding his QB position his passing ability is what will hurt teams specially as the season goes on and he relaxes back there. We already know he can fly and hurt teams with his athletic ability he is also a very tough kid. Always been one or if not the most talented kid in his class even when he was young which is a very talented junior class this year. He will be a good one. GO LOBOES

MID CHRISTIAN ALWAYS PLAYS LOBOES TOUGH BUT I WILL GO
WITH THE LOBOES IN THIS ONE BY 14+

SNYDER325TIGERS
08-27-2008, 11:47 PM

Idunno RED, I will have to see how Sweetwater does cause from what I hear i'm doubtful that you guys will beat Monahans. But we will see.

I think Midland Christian should beat Monahans.

WTF-82
08-27-2008, 11:50 PM
We shall see. :)

SWEETWATER, will have to throw the football against Monahans or they will be in trouble Lobo front 7 is outstanding. If they line up and try to just pound and run the option this will be a hard task for the stangs. I am sure Sweetwater defense will be good also but I would think twice if you think Sweetwater is going to Lobo stadium and roll Loboes will come to play.

SNYDER325TIGERS
08-27-2008, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by ***-82 SWEETWATER, will have to throw the football against Monahans or they will be in trouble Lobo front 7 is outstanding.__ If they line up and try to just pound and run the option this will be a hard task for the stangs.__ I am sure Sweetwater defense will be good also but I would think twice if you think Sweetwater is going to Lobo stadium and roll Loboes will come to play. So ***, are the Loboes better than last year? Or what is with the sudden change in talent?

WTF-82
08-28-2008, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by SNYDER325TIGERS
So ***, are the Loboes better than last year? Or what is with the sudden change in talent?

They are much better than last year great skill players return 7-8 defensive players they were very young last year honestly no disrespect to some our seniors from last year but some our young ones last year could of started last year specially at the linebacker spots. Our sophs and juniors were very good our JV and Fresh they both beat Snyder. Injuries did not help last year some bad ones at rough times. One more thing somewere through the season Monahans lost there fight I can not explain how when we played Snyder in the playoff game we did not fight But, Yes Snyder was the better team last year late in the year I will give them that .

Snyder was better late in the year because of great chemistry with Clay and Day they were awesome together as seniors. And offensive line started playeing great for them. LAST YEAR

Note: no disrespect to our last years seniors I though Clay Anthony was great.

WTF-82
08-28-2008, 12:10 AM
Also this years Lobo QB could of started last year as a soph.

SNYDER325TIGERS
08-28-2008, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by ***-82
They are much better than last year great skill players return 7-8 defensive players they were very young last year honestly no disrespect to some our seniors from last year but some our young ones last year could of started last year specially at the linebacker spots. Our sophs and juniors were very good our JV and Fresh they both beat Snyder. Injuries did not help last year some bad ones at rough times. One more thing somewere through the season Monahans lost there fight I can not explain how when we played Snyder in the playoff game we did not fight But, Yes Snyder was the better team last year late in the year I will give them that .

Snyder was better late in the year because of great chemistry with Clay and Day they were awesome together as seniors. And offensive line started playeing great for them. LAST YEAR

Note: no disrespect to our last years seniors I though Clay Anthony was great.

Yea Clay Anthony was a player that stood out for you guys.

garciap77
08-28-2008, 08:26 AM
Monahans wins this one!:)

nobogey72
08-28-2008, 08:29 AM

Yes.

tex_male
08-29-2008, 07:26 AM
Sat. 3 P.M. Midland Grande

Tres Lobos
08-29-2008, 08:14 AM
should be a full house! :D

Ranger Mom
08-29-2008, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by tex_male
Sat. 3 P.M. Midland Grande

Really???

HMMMM!!:thinking:

Sweetwater Red
08-29-2008, 10:09 AM

Week 0

Monahans 35
M. Christian 24

Week 2

Sweetwater 28
Monahans 14

:D

I would like to amend the score of my Week 2 pick.

Sweetwater 7
Monahans 6

:devil:

tex_male
08-29-2008, 10:11 AM
WHY?

Black_Magic
08-29-2008, 10:26 AM

Week 0

Monahans 35
M. Christian 24

Week 2

Sweetwater 28
Monahans 14

:D Sweetwater Is playing Monahans in Predistrict??? Dang.. I wonder why Monahans would not want to play Snyder anymore in predistrict but then go pick up Sweetwater who is another 35 miles away from them...:thinking: ;)

tex_male
08-29-2008, 10:33 AM
I was expecting it to be Monahans- Snyder week 0 like it has been the past couple of years.

Sweetwater Red
08-29-2008, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
Sweetwater Is playing Monahans in Predistrict??? Dang.. I wonder why Monahans would not want to play Snyder anymore in predistrict but then go pick up Sweetwater who is another 35 miles away from them...:thinking: ;)

Uh...because the Loboes decided that they wanted to start
scheduling tougher non district teams.:thinking: :devil:

DaHop72
08-29-2008, 10:35 AM
Sweetwater Is playing Monahans in Predistrict??? Dang.. I wonder why Monahans would not want to play Snyder anymore in predistrict but then go pick up Sweetwater who is another 35 miles away from them...:thinking: ;)

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff239/DaHop72/pushover.jpg

:devil: :devil:

Black_Magic
08-29-2008, 11:29 AM
Uh...because the Loboes decided that they wanted to start
scheduling tougher non district teams.:thinking: :devil: Ahhh!!! I should have realized that..:rolleyes:

Sweetwater Red
08-29-2008, 11:58 AM
Ahhh!!! I should have realized that..:rolleyes:

What? Did you want a serious answer? If so, then that would be
Kent Jackson and Mickey Owens are friends from way back. I
believe they coached together somewhere also. It was just
a matter of time before the two teams ended up on each others
schedule.

WTF-82
08-29-2008, 06:54 PM

Monahans tried to play Snyder but the tigers supposely had a full schedule they replaced us with Big Spring. Which make sense
you see since the last time they won the season opener was probably 2005 because Monahans has beat Snyder last two years in the season opener. Make sense Black Magic.

Good Luck against the STEERS.

Ranger Mom
08-29-2008, 07:06 PM
Monahans tried to play Snyder but the tigers supposely had a full schedule they replaced us with Big Spring. Which make sense
you see since the last time they won the season opener was probably 2005 because Monahans has beat Snyder last two years in the season opener. Make sense Black Magic.

ewww..........................OUCH!!!!

WTF-82
08-29-2008, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
ewww..........................OUCH!!!!

I just left sa stadium its Copperas Cove 42-0 over Central in 3rd qtr.

garciap77
08-29-2008, 09:59 PM

Is that the 5A team from San Angelo!:D

WTF-82
08-29-2008, 10:00 PM
yes

Ranger Mom
08-29-2008, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
Is that the 5A team from San Angelo!:D

Is that the team that Brownwood scrimmaged??

WTF-82
08-29-2008, 10:07 PM
Yes it is Central is really struggling speed is a big probaem they are trying to run spread option and they are turning the ball over big times credit Cove defense.

Sweetwater Red
08-30-2008, 09:57 AM
Are there any Lobo(e?)s that are going to keep us updated?

tex_male
08-30-2008, 09:59 AM

Don't know why this is under Monahans Vs Midland Christian but the game time is 2:30 not 3:00. Right after the Midland Lee game I think.

tex_male
08-30-2008, 10:03 AM
Are there any Lobo(e?)s that are going to keep us updated?

Loboes

LH Panther Mom
08-30-2008, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Is that the team that Brownwood scrimmaged?? :thinking: :thinking: Things that make you say "hmmmmmm". :D

STANG RED
08-30-2008, 12:02 PM

They said that playing a patsy schedule early on was not going to prepare them as well as playing a quality opponent, so they made an agreement with Big Spring, who needed an easy win to boost their confidence.
Seems to be working out as planned so far.:p

Tres Lobos
08-30-2008, 07:30 PM
Loboes 41
Mustangs 10

The team played good today most of the game. The start of the second half we came out with now emotion and midland christian started a little comeback, but our defense made a goal line stand and turned it around, but all around it was a pretty good game by the loboes.

cr180t
08-30-2008, 07:35 PM

I can promise you your info is wrong.

loboes86
08-30-2008, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by cr180t
I can promise you your info is wrong. So if ya know somthin, why don't ya enlighten us. Why did these 2 teams not play each other?;)

mrmcd
09-01-2008, 09:20 PM
How about predicting that the Loboes roll to a 41-10 victory, run up 444 yards of total offense, most of it in the first half. The Offensive line looked powerful and quick, the backs looked great, wide receivers could catch a rock if you threw it at them, defense looked awesome against the run and pass defense proven to have been much improved also. Last year when people played the loboes they were playing a team filled with sophmores and juniors. Those boys have grown up now.

Prediction:

Monahans 48
Sweetwater 21

Black_Magic
09-02-2008, 07:32 AM

OMG!!:doh: LOL.. Your joking right? Monahans said No Mas.. Declined to play us in pre season. That is a fact. Thats the reason we picked up Big Spring. You were just joking right. Looks Like Monahans is looking good early in the year as usual.

mrmcd
09-02-2008, 09:13 PM
Calm down young man. Is it true Snyder has Pecos on their schedule this year instead of Monahans? Those sophmores and juniors from last year are now full grown as MC found out. I always respected the Snyder football program until last year when the green offense was trying to run plays while Snyder blew that horn so the line couldn't hear the play. I am pretty sure it is for touchdown celebrations but instead nobody had a problem with this in a playoff game no less. Good luck but as always, Monahans wants to play the best in the State which is why Wylie was played in pre-season on a road trip instead of an easy warm up. Looking forward to the Sweetwater challenge.
GOGREEN