PDA

View Full Version : Meet the Bulldogs.... last night at Wylie

nobogey72
08-27-2008, 10:04 AM
I know this thread is going to bring out the "Ya'll should be 4A" whiny crybabies, but I'm going to do it anyway because we are proud of it.

7th---97 players
8th---75 players
9th---56 players
JV--- don't remember because a good looking blonde walked by
varsity--31 seniors

There are 225 kids in the 7th grade, so if you assume that half of them are boys then 97 out of 112 are playing football and want to be part of it. I'm sure that as it gets hotter and the pace picks up, some of those 97 will quit to concentrate on academics, so the number will drop by a few.

I'm proud that we have that kind of participation.:)

RedWhiteBlue
08-27-2008, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by nobogey72
I know this thread is going to bring out the "Ya'll should be 4A" whiny crybabies, but I'm going to do it anyway because we are proud of it.

7th---97 players
8th---75 players
9th---56 players
varsity--31 seniors

There are 225 kids in the 7th grade, so if you assume that half of them are boys then 97 out of 112 are playing football and want to be part of it. I'm sure that as it gets hotter and the pace picks up, some of those 97 will quit to concentrate on academics, so the number will drop by a few.

Actually, I was too busy thinking who gives a flying 'you know what' to wonder why you guys aren't 4A. We all know why you aren't 4A and we quit wondering that about 1994!!! So why don't you and Hugh take your little purple pen to your BIG dry erase board with your 20 coaches and just spend the next....oh....9 weeks or so figuring out how you are going to beat the Graham boys. Because I think we roll into your town about that time......sweetie! :inlove:

RedWhiteBlue
08-27-2008, 10:11 AM
Oh and I just hit 1003 posts!!! Yeah, me!!!:cheerl:
I hope I hijacked Bogey's stupid thread!!!:hijacktd:

Sweetwater Red
08-27-2008, 10:12 AM

7th---97 players
8th---75 players
9th---56 players
varsity--31 seniors

4A my foot....more like 5A.:devil:

Rocket
08-27-2008, 10:18 AM

7th---97 players
8th---75 players
9th---56 players
varsity--31 seniors

They always "do what they have to do" to remain 3A. Funny, huh? And the thing is most of the parents and kids in Abilene want to go or their kids to go to Wylie. It is nuts that you can walk the fine line between 3A and 4A for so many years without going 4A..something has to give...

Daddy D 11
08-27-2008, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by Rocket
They always "do what they have to do" to remain 3A. Funny, huh? And the thing is most of the parents and kids in Abilene want to go or their kids to go to Wylie. It is nuts that you can walk the fine line between 3A and 4A for so many years without going 4A..something has to give...

What is your problem?

DaHop72
08-27-2008, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by RedWhiteBlue
Oh and I just hit 1003 posts!!! Yeah, me!!!:cheerl:
I hope I hijacked Bogey's stupid thread!!!:hijacktd: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

DaHop72
08-27-2008, 10:30 AM
They always "do what they have to do" to remain 3A. Funny, huh? And the thing is most of the parents and kids in Abilene want to go or their kids to go to Wylie. It is nuts that you can walk the fine line between 3A and 4A for so many years without going 4A..something has to give... They learned by watching Gordon "back in the day".;)

nobogey72
08-27-2008, 10:32 AM

If you are serious then (without calling you any names) then I would say that you portray similar qualities to one who might be considered by some to be a low IQ, uninformed DumbA$$. However if you are just jacking around pushing buttons, come up with something new. You don't see me harping on the fact that half the population of Brownwood doesn't have teeth, or that 40 or 50 get arrested every week for meth labs. I try to come up with new things to rag on ya'll about rather than keep harping on the same old stuff.:taunt: :taunt: :D :D

RedWhiteBlue
08-27-2008, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by DaHop72
They learned by watching Gordon "back in the day".;)
cha ching!:clap:
Winner, winner, chicken dinner!!!

DaHop72
08-27-2008, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by RedWhiteBlue
cha ching!:clap:
Winner, winner, chicken dinner!!! :thumbsup: Sure hope it's fried!!:D

Sweetwater Red
08-27-2008, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by DaHop72
They learned by watching Gordon "back in the day".;)

And they were getting their butts handed to them by Sweetwater
even then.:evillol:

DaHop72
08-27-2008, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
And they were getting their butts handed to them by Sweetwater
even then.:evillol: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

tigerchick_2013
08-27-2008, 11:08 AM
If you are serious then (without calling you any names) then I would say that you portray similar qualities to one who might be considered by some to be a low IQ, uninformed DumbA$$. However if you are just jacking around pushing buttons, come up with something new. You don't see me harping on the fact that half the population of Brownwood doesn't have teeth, or that 40 or 50 get arrested every week for meth labs. I try to come up with new things to rag on ya'll about rather than keep harping on the same old stuff.:taunt: :taunt: :D :D

You know what all u Wylie Bulldog people can talk about "the UIL numbers" til your "purple", in the face trying to defend that question everytime it is mentioned, so sad we all are onto u. Ur right though that's getting really old and who cares anyway, ur working the system so let's play some ball!:D :cool:

nobogey72
08-27-2008, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by tigerchick_2013
You know what all u Wylie Bulldog people can talk about "the UIL numbers" til your "purple", in the face trying to defend that question everytime it is mentioned, so sad we all are onto u. Ur right though that's getting really old and who cares anyway, ur working the system so let's play some ball!:D :cool:

Go back to watching "Hannah Montana" and leave me alone.:D

Texasfootball2
08-27-2008, 11:17 AM
Go back to watching "Hannah Montana" and leave me alone.:D But don't watch "The Life of an American Teenager" though, because the star of the show is a Wylie alum. :D :clap: :2thumbsup

nobogey72
08-27-2008, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2
But don't watch "The Life of an American Teenager" though, because the star of the show is a Wylie alum. :D :clap: :2thumbsup

Who?

Daddy D 11
08-27-2008, 11:19 AM
Who?

me;) :p

tigerchick_2013
08-27-2008, 11:21 AM
Go back to watching "Hannah Montana" and leave me alone.:D

:tisk: :tisk:
aren't we gettin a little offended, truth hurts, huh:D :cool:

what makes u think i'm the age to watch disney channel anyway, some things are deceiving, eh?

Texasfootball2
08-27-2008, 11:23 AM
Who? Kenny Baumann - He would have graduated from Wylie last year, but his parents moved him to California so he could film this show. He spend the rest of his years a Bulldog. Parents live in Potosi. Kenny never did any sports, his mother got him into modeling childrens cloths in Dallas when he was about 8 or 9 years old. The only reason I know is because my son attended most of his birthday parties growing up.

DaHop72
08-27-2008, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by tigerchick_2013
:tisk: :tisk:
aren't we gettin a little offended, truth hurts, huh:D :cool:

what makes u think i'm the age to watch disney channel anyway, some things are deceiving, eh? http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5809/roflsmiliemn4.gifhttp://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5809/roflsmiliemn4.gifhttp://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5809/roflsmiliemn4.gifhttp://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5809/roflsmiliemn4.gif

nobogey72
08-27-2008, 11:30 AM
Kenny Baumann - He would have graduated from Wylie last year, but his parents moved him to California so he could film this show. He spend the rest of his years a Bulldog. Parents live in Potosi. Kenny never did any sports, his mother got him into modeling childrens cloths in Dallas when he was about 8 or 9 years old. The only reason I know is because my son attended most of his birthday parties growing up.

He and Rocket from BW, have something in common then. I hear that Rocket models childrens clothes also. Small world! :D

Daddy D 11
08-27-2008, 11:33 AM
nobogey and garcia, whats that old abondoned house on buffalo gap road in Wylie? That thing is neat looking, and where exactly is the high school in corilation to the middle school. I was next to the middle school 2 days ago.

RedWhiteBlue
08-27-2008, 11:34 AM
He and Rocket from BW, have something in common then. I hear that Rocket models childrens clothes also. Small world! :D
Make it stop! Make it stop!:evillol: :evillol:

nobogey72
08-27-2008, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
nobogey and garcia, whats that old abondoned house on buffalo gap road in Wylie? That thing is neat looking, and where exactly is the high school in corilation to the middle school. I was next to the middle school 2 days ago.

If you are talking about that great big white house, it was built by the people that owned the Royal Inn, and built to look just like the Royal Inn. I think several people have owned it since then and it always seems to get forclosed upon. I think it was built back in the early 80's (back when Brownwood was good in football). At the corner of BG road and Antilley Rd. go west and the HS and stadium are at the bottom of the hill.

Daddy D 11
08-27-2008, 11:46 AM
If you are talking about that great big white house, it was built by the people that owned the Royal Inn, and built to look just like the Royal Inn. I think several people have owned it since then and it always seems to get forclosed upon. I think it was built back in the early 80's (back when Brownwood was good in football). At the corner of BG road and Antilley Rd. go west and the HS and stadium are at the bottom of the hill.

Thanks. We were laughing saying that would make one heck of a Frat house:eek: :D

Texasfootball2
08-27-2008, 11:47 AM
I totally feel left out now Daddy 'O.

Daddy D 11
08-27-2008, 11:48 AM
I totally feel left out now Daddy 'O.

I'm terribly sorry, i'm in the middle of class so im not clearly concentrated on the downlow haha

I cant wait to meet all yall next week, hopefully i see yall before then though.

Texasfootball2
08-27-2008, 11:54 AM
I'm terribly sorry, i'm in the middle of class so im not clearly concentrated on the downlow haha

I cant wait to meet all yall next week, hopefully i see yall before then though.

Are you the one who has a son playing at McMurray?

Sweetwater Red
08-27-2008, 11:56 AM
where exactly is the high school

Heck the high school is easy to spot. Just look for a football
stadium and then a student parking lot filled with 2008 sports cars
and SUV's.;)

Texasfootball2
08-27-2008, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Heck the high school is easy to spot. Just look for a football
stadium and then a student parking lot fill of 2008 sports cars
and SUV's.;)

Hey Red, you can't see the parking lot from the road because of the HUGE BUILDING known as the DOG HOUSE blocking their view. Can't wait to here the "Affluent" (sp?) comments from the Liberty Hill fans after we play them. Afterall, you can't miss the Doghouse if you attend a football game.

Just kidding around Panter fans. I look forward to see this game. I have a lot of respect for what ya'll have put together down there. Like any other successful place there are going to be some overly cocky fans, but overall I enjoy LH fans comments on the DL. The M&G should be a good one.

Daddy D 11
08-27-2008, 12:09 PM
Are you the one who has a son playing at McMurray?

I am the son playing at McMurry:D

Texasfootball2
08-27-2008, 12:14 PM
I am the son playing at McMurry:D

Congrats dude:thumbsup: Hope you guys have a great year. Make sure Jared Wallace introduces you to some Wylie folks while your in town. Maybe even get you a home cooked meal every now and then.

Daddy D 11
08-27-2008, 12:27 PM
Congrats dude:thumbsup: Hope you guys have a great year. Make sure Jared Wallace introduces you to some Wylie folks while your in town. Maybe even get you a home cooked meal every now and then.
Yes Sir ill definitly do that.

Mcguirk
08-27-2008, 08:09 PM

There's supposed to be a pool in the middle of the house. They tore down the previous house and just built around it. But it's falling apart from disrepair. A friend in the insurance business said his company wouldn't insure it because it would cost more to fix it than it's worth.