PDA

View Full Version : Needville-vs-Houston Worthing

IHStangFan
08-27-2008, 08:47 AM
Anyone have any insight on this game? I don't know anything about Worthing. I do know a little about Needville though. From what I've seen and heard so far. OL is still a question mark....QB is a fairly tall kid w/ an arm, but just needs time to get passes off. RBs, we have a few of them that seem to perform different roles, the quick guy to get to the outside, the bruiser to bust up the middle, etc. They look so far to be adequate. The D looks as if there is some speed, they swarm to the ball, and seem to be best at stopping the run.

Not knowing anything about Worthing, it's hard to make a prediction, but I'll say ...

Needville 21
Worthing 20 in OT

:D

rancher
08-27-2008, 09:18 AM
Just another HISD school. Will have speed, but after seeing Needville at Bellville, Needville will win by 2 TD's. Great QB and good bunch of athletics, only drawback is the very slow backs, but they run hard, just slow.

IHStangFan
08-27-2008, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by rancher
Just another HISD school. Will have speed, but after seeing Needville at Bellville, Needville will win by 2 TD's. Great QB and good bunch of athletics, only drawback is the very slow backs, but they run hard, just slow. I'm curious as to which back you saw run the ball for us. We're not BLAZING fast, but we're not "slow" either from what I've seen. We have several different backs that do different things. Yes, we have some bigger, more "pound the middle" guys, but we also have a couple of quick guys. I know one is not suited up yet for personal reasons (or that's what I've been told), but he is a quick guy. Hope to see him on the field soon.

Bull's-eye
08-27-2008, 09:36 AM
Needville by 17 points, country boys too tough for those city boys.

rancher
08-27-2008, 09:54 AM
The first back that ran the ball on the first controlled series, ran hard, but slow. I guess he must be the starter in the backfield as he was given the ball several times in the first offensive series in the scrimmage. The other back that I saw score, is not that fast just got past a bunch of mistakes by the second defensive unit of
Bellville.

IHStangFan
08-27-2008, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by rancher
The first back that ran the ball on the first controlled series, ran hard, but slow. I guess he must be the starter in the backfield as he was given the ball several times in the first offensive series in the scrimmage. The other back that I saw score, is not that fast just got past a bunch of mistakes by the second defensive unit of
Bellville. rgrgr that, was just curious. What is your take on the D? They looked decent in the scrimmage I saw. Looked to be pretty quick to the ball

rancher
08-27-2008, 12:15 PM
Defense looked good, like the way the linebacks filled and keep things in check. Only concern is when you get agaist a quick team on the outside.