Alvarado-14
Commerce-13
a 2001 reality check

Jacket2000
10-31-2001, 05:32 PM
Coulda swore that happened 4 weeks ago.

vfunk
10-31-2001, 07:16 PM
hahah...for real...is there anything else to dwell on in alvarado?

maestro
11-01-2001, 09:25 AM
Besides the fact that Alvarado plays dirty football and had home referees, if the 2nd string qb(playing for the QB that was hit late out of bounds and put out of the game late in the fourth) had not fumbled on the 1, Commerce would have won and there certainly wouldn't be anything to talk about because Alvarado would not even be in the top ten. Alvarado needs to thank someone else for thier #8 rank not themselves.

jackhammer
11-01-2001, 09:37 AM
FACT IS WE KICKED YOUR BUTTS ALL OVER THE FIELD AND YOU STILL CANT TAKE IT . YOUR GUYS WERE SHAKING SO BAD ON THE GOAL LINE AND THATS WHY YOU FUMBLED THE BALL ! THE REFS TRIED TO GIVE THE GAME TO COMMERCE AT THE END THREE TIMES AND YOU GUYS STILL SCREWED IT UP , REMEMBER FOOL ! I AM SORRY FOR YOUR QB BUT SOME CANT TAKE A HARD IT AND I SAW NO FLAG ON THAT PLAY . GET A LIFE WE WON AND YOU ARE THE ONES WHO ARE LUCKY AS HELL TO BE RANKED AND GET THIS AHEAD OF US. WHERE DO WE SEND THE MONEY COMMERCE ?

maestro
11-01-2001, 10:02 AM
Mr. Jackhammer if you would please refrain yourself from getting all worked up. I am not a fool as you so kindly put it, nor do I find it necessary to resort to needless name-calling. I will simply tell you like I tell my students(7th graders by the way), using profanity displays a lack of intelligent vocabulary and serves only to show the ignorance of those who use it. Please remember that being ignorant is different than being stupid. I was at the game and saw the hit out of bounds, I saw the pass interference call in the end zone and I saw the defensive offsides on the field goal attempt. And yes the field goal was wide even if Alvarado had not been offsides, I will give you that, but what will not grant is that Commerce fumbled because they were shaking so badly. Let us make more intelligent remarks than that.

jackhammer
11-01-2001, 10:08 AM
WELL I DID NOT REALIZE THE PROFANITY WAS THAT BAD IN MY POST ? WANT TO HEAR SOME REAL PROFANITY GOODIE TWO SHOES ?

maestro
11-01-2001, 10:11 AM
Everything in my last post and that is what you reply with? Let's talk about the teams, and if you wish reply about the game itself.

jackhammer
11-01-2001, 10:33 AM
FIRST OF ALL I HAVE A LOT OF RESPECT FOR COMMERCE . BOTH TEAMS ARE A CLASS ACT I THINK . THE GAMES HAVE BEEN TUFF FOR US IN THE PAST . I THINK THE LAST TWO YEARS WE SHOULD HAVE WON BUT WE GOT OUT COACHED PERIOD. LINEWEAVER IS AS GOOD AS THEY COME AND HE KNOWS HIS STUFF. THINGS HAVE CHANGED COACHING WISE THIS YEAR HERE AND THINGS ALL THE WAY AROUND ARE A LOT BETTER . THE GAME WE PLAYED YOU THIS YEAR WAS A GOOD ONE . WE HAD MORE HORSES THAN YOU GUYS DID AND IT SHOWED . COMMERCE NEVER GOT A GOOD LONG DRIVE GOING . EACH SCORE YOU GUYS MADE WAS ON A FUMBLE WE MADE DEEP ON OUR END OF THE FIELD . IT WAS CLOSE BECAUSE OF THE FUMBLES WE GAVE UP ALL NIGHT AND HAFL OF THEM YOUR DEFENCE CAUSED . GOOD LUCK AGAINST FORNEY THIS WEEK .

FryDayFBFun
11-01-2001, 10:39 AM
Hey Maestro, that was a good game. The hit you are talking about might have been questionable, but the officials were right there. If you look a little closer, Commerce just failed to capitalize on the Alvarado fumbles. Alvarado lost 6 to be exact. From what i can remember, when Alvarado lost the last few years, they took it like a man and learned from it. Remember, this is High School Football, not the pro's. Good luck against Forney

Alvaradobacker
11-01-2001, 10:42 AM
The Alvarado/Commerce game was several weeks ago and is now irrelevant. It was a great win for the Indians and a tough loss for the Tigers. I was at the game, and it looked like it was good, clean, and hard-fought. I really don't think it's fair to classify Alvarado as cheap shot artists based on one hit along the sidelines where no flag was thrown. Lineweaver was a class act and built a great program before leaving for Trinity. We've got a pretty good program in Alvarado, too. There have been some great games between the two in the last 10 years.

maestro
11-01-2001, 11:21 AM
No doubt Alvarado is good. Yes maybe my feelings are a little hurt by Commerce being such an underdog against Forney. Lineweaver did bulid a good program and I believe Kron is a winner and will do everything he can(and his staff) to prepare his kids to win. I also believe Commerce does have the athletes to win. I'll be there tomorrow with personal interests in mind. I don't live in Commerce nor am I from Commerce. I have a brother that is a senior starter this year and want to see him excel. Good luck the rest of the way. I am also a coach in East Texas and live for Friday nights.

jackhammer
11-01-2001, 12:05 PM
MAESTRO THINKS FOR THE REPLY . ALSO JUST FOR YOUR INFO THE FRESHMAN AND JV TEAMS FROM ALVARADO BEAT COMMERCE THAT WEEK ALSO . NOT SURE ABOUT THE JR HIGH TEAMS .