PDA

View Full Version : Farmersville @ Winnsboro

ssgmp5150
08-26-2008, 08:25 PM
The 2007 2AA DI State Champion Farmersville Farmers travel to the state ranked Winnsboro Red Raiders Friday night to open the 2008 season. Their last meeting was in the area round of the 2007 state playoff's in Greenville where Winnsboro played the Farmers tough for the first half, but the Farmers prevailed and pulled away for an impressive and dominating victory 35-6. Both teams graduated quite a bit of talent. The Farmers are coming off back to back scrimmages that have left them plagued with injuries including three starting lineman, their starting quarterback, and a starting running back. Does this spell disaster for the Farmers? Does Winnsboro avenge their lopsided playoff loss to the Farmers from last year? Who wins this game and by how much? Post your predictions and comments!

BleedOrange
08-26-2008, 08:39 PM
Sounds like some backpedaling from the mock semifinalist. Where is all that confidence????

Farmersfan
08-27-2008, 06:18 AM
Originally posted by BleedOrange
Sounds like some backpedaling from the mock semifinalist. Where is all that confidence????

:doh: :doh: :doh:

PPSTATEBOUND
08-27-2008, 09:13 AM

Over on the 2A boards..........:doh:

ssgmp5150
08-27-2008, 01:25 PM
I am worried a little bit considering all the injuries we have right now going into the first game of the season.

lostaussie
08-27-2008, 02:16 PM
i really believe Winnsboro will find out they do not belong in the upper echelon.

icu812
08-27-2008, 02:22 PM
We (Van) scrimmaged Winnsboro and nobody scored. The players I talked to said Winns. was decent except for a D lineman they have that is a beast. We were able to move the ball in the spread but not in the "I" from what I heard.

ssgmp5150
08-27-2008, 04:42 PM
I think we will be successful, hopefully our defense comes to play!

Farmersfan
08-28-2008, 08:50 AM
Winnsboro does have a couple of D-linemen that seemed to be pretty dominate against 1A Quinlan Boles. #44 blew up the O-line on every play. But Boles was blocking him with a kid that looked like he wouldn't go 160lbs. The Boles QB was 140 lbs soaking wet. icu812, Do you guys have much size on your O-line? We will have some 0-line players out for the game but might still have a 300lb lineman to line up against that beast. (unless they move him around). If he is able to blow up our offensive like he did Boles then it's a long night for us........

Originally posted by icu812
We (Van) scrimmaged Winnsboro and nobody scored. The players I talked to said Winns. was decent except for a D lineman they have that is a beast. We were able to move the ball in the spread but not in the "I" from what I heard.

PPSTATEBOUND
08-28-2008, 09:35 AM
Better beat this Winnsboro team by 50 if want any chance "not" to get pounded in round 3........Farmers by 4.

lostaussie
08-28-2008, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by PPSTATEBOUND
Better beat this Winnsboro team by 50 if want any chance "not" to get pounded in round 3........Farmers by 4. negative..............farmers by much more than 4.

PPSTATEBOUND
08-28-2008, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by lostaussie
negative..............farmers by much more than 4.

Well then....... maybe 5

icu812
08-28-2008, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
Winnsboro does have a couple of D-linemen that seemed to be pretty dominate against 1A Quinlan Boles. #44 blew up the O-line on every play. But Boles was blocking him with a kid that looked like he wouldn't go 160lbs. The Boles QB was 140 lbs soaking wet. icu812, Do you guys have much size on your O-line? We will have some 0-line players out for the game but might still have a 300lb lineman to line up against that beast. (unless they move him around). If he is able to blow up our offensive like he did Boles then it's a long night for us........

We should have the best o line we have had in quite some time. No 300lbs'ers though. Most in the 240-250 range. From what I heard this kid was controling the los.

PPSTATEBOUND
08-29-2008, 01:37 PM
Sodbuster you have a injury report on your boys?????:smoker:

Farmersfan
08-29-2008, 02:48 PM
1 lineman out. Starting QB out. Starting RB out. It's kinda hard to get a straight answer from anyone. Last word I got was QB could play but wouldn't unless things get out of hand and RB could also but it isn't recommended. (both players said last night they were playing). Lineman has some kind of pinched nerve that may need surgery. The 310lb center is cleared to play and will dominate. I watched him this week in practice and this kid has what it takes to play on Sundays. 6'5", 310lbs and solid as stone. He can kick off into the endzone. he can punt 50+ yards and kick 40 yard fieldgoals. (they just can't find a big enough Red Cape for him)

Sodbuster you have a injury report on your boys?????:smoker:

BobcatBenny
08-30-2008, 01:14 PM
Welcome to reality Farmers fans! :D

Necks_Fan
08-30-2008, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by BobcatBenny
Welcome to reality Farmers fans! :D Ouch. Lol.

Celina needs a good reality check. How do they continue to pound EVERYONE every year?

Old Tiger
08-30-2008, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
Ouch. Lol.

Celina needs a good reality check. How do they continue to pound EVERYONE every year? LH gave them one :D

its called a program

Necks_Fan
08-30-2008, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
LH gave them one :D

its called a program 1 reality check on every couple years isn't so bad.

Some teams get a reality check EVERY week.

ssgmp5150
08-30-2008, 01:38 PM
I have absolutely no excuses and sincerely apologize for even thinking we could hang with the likes of Celina, etc. I would first like to congratulate the Winnsboro Red Raiders for a dominate and complete victory over the Farmers. I am here to swallow all the crow that I have coming to me. I hyped up the Farmers all summer long and was rudely awakened yesterday evening! We are nowhere near as good as I anticipated we would be! We have a long way to go to even be competitive in our district right now! I bow down to the football gods and humbly accept our mediocrity at this point! So, fire away! I have all the insults and comebacks coming to me. Our coaching staff just flat isn't cutting the mustard right now and got their tails handed to them last night! Absolutely no excuses, we are just plain ole not good enough to make any noise in 3A this year I think!

Necks_Fan
08-30-2008, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by ssgmp5150
I have absolutely no excuses and sincerely apologize for even thinking we could hang with the likes of Celina, etc. I would first like to congratulate the Winnsboro Red Raiders for a dominate and complete victory over the Farmers. I am here to swallow all the crow that I have coming to me. I hyped up the Farmers all summer long and was rudely awakened yesterday evening! We are nowhere near as good as I anticipated we would be! We have a long way to go to even be competitive in our district right now! I bow down to the football gods and humbly accept our mediocrity at this point! So, fire away! I have all the insults and comebacks coming to me. Our coaching staff just flat isn't cutting the mustard right now and got their tails handed to them last night! Absolutely no excuses, we are just plain ole not good enough to make any noise in 3A this year I think! Wow. Lol. I thought you said you had a bunch of starters out. That would constitute as a really good excuse in my book. LOL.

The farmers will be alright. I did the same with my team and we got hammered too.

But I have confidence in us.

icu812
08-31-2008, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by Farmersfan

I take it the beast had his way with the 300lb'er and the Farmers. It's much harder to replace good players due to injury in the lower clasifications. Hope you get all your players back on the field soon. Van lost 3 of our top players before the season even started so I feel your pain. Didn't slow us down against lowly Grand Saline as the game was called in the 3rd due to lightning we were up 38-0.

WildTexan972
08-31-2008, 05:31 PM
you Farmers will be competitive in your district - that is the value of a weak district for a program with a few growing pains to go through....you have 9 more games to get lined up for the playoffs, so no need to fret just yet....

look at the bright side....you guys don't have to wear maroon to games...

gatordaze
08-31-2008, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by ssgmp5150
I have absolutely no excuses and sincerely apologize for even thinking we could hang with the likes of Celina, etc. I would first like to congratulate the Winnsboro Red Raiders for a dominate and complete victory over the Farmers. I am here to swallow all the crow that I have coming to me. I hyped up the Farmers all summer long and was rudely awakened yesterday evening! We are nowhere near as good as I anticipated we would be! We have a long way to go to even be competitive in our district right now! I bow down to the football gods and humbly accept our mediocrity at this point! So, fire away! I have all the insults and comebacks coming to me. Our coaching staff just flat isn't cutting the mustard right now and got their tails handed to them last night! Absolutely no excuses, we are just plain ole not good enough to make any noise in 3A this year I think!

Don't be so fast to accept an inferiority complex. You ran into a buzz saw. Celina's non district schedule gets tougher each week and one "pounding" does not make a season.

Farmersfan
09-02-2008, 03:38 PM
SS is all about extremes. True we didn't look very good at all in the game friday night. True the coaches seemed to be at a loss as to what they could do to get some rhythm. True that the Winnsboro defense manhandled the Farmers. But we have time to work this out. I was heartbroken after the game too but lets not throw the baby out with the bathwater. We still have the talent. We still have many of the same players that won a 2A title last year. And we still have a few more games before they actually count. If these boys have any pride at all they will come out with a much better effort against Prosper. Win or lose we just need to see some attitude and pride. We will see.

Originally posted by gatordaze
Don't be so fast to accept an inferiority complex. You ran into a buzz saw. Celina's non district schedule gets tougher each week and one "pounding" does not make a season.

lostaussie
09-02-2008, 04:11 PM
I missed this one by a mile.................I don't do that very often:D

BreckTxLonghorn
09-02-2008, 06:19 PM
Just curious...how different is the Farmersville offense from the previous year? And what were the thoughts on offensive playcalling by the Farmers? (ie 3rd/longs, 2nd/longs, etc)

orange machine
09-02-2008, 07:04 PM
SS talked alot of crap and i should give it to him right back, but i wont. If i were a Farmers fan i would say you have some room to worry. I dont think its time to hit the panic button just yet though. Just because you lose a game in non district does not mean you should throw in the towel and give up on your team. Espacially you SS who talked about how great yall would be. Alot of changes have happend over the last few months so give the coaches a break they have to figure out there players. I still pick the Farmers to win there district and im still hoping for a Farmersville Celina game come playoff time, that is if both teams make it that far.

orange machine
09-02-2008, 08:25 PM
If that is true that is a bunch of crap.

orange machine
09-02-2008, 08:35 PM
Well coach Ford does not call the offensive plays coach Elliot does so im sure he will stick with the same stuff because im 95% sure he will be the next Celina AD.

WildTexan972
09-03-2008, 12:27 PM
there is no "won't be allowed to" stuff here in Celina....the coaching staffs here outlast the superintendants and principals so the HC's can do as they see fit - no one tells them how to do it....

like OM, I bet Elliot might be the next in line, otherwise he'd be nuts not to look around and move up to HC status in a new town soon....once that burk washout gets done in PP, there could be some very interesting rivalry games starting back up with them if some of this current Celina staff ends up heading that way someday.....

PPSTATEBOUND
09-03-2008, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by WildTexan972
there is no "won't be allowed to" stuff here in Celina....the coaching staffs here outlast the superintendants and principals so the HC's can do as they see fit - no one tells them how to do it....

like OM, I bet Elliot might be the next in line, otherwise he'd be nuts not to look around and move up to HC status in a new town soon....once that burk washout gets done in PP, there could be some very interesting rivalry games starting back up with them if some of this current Celina staff ends up heading that way someday.....

That would be Breck washout.....fool! not Burk.....:kiss:

BreckTxLonghorn
09-03-2008, 01:26 PM
That would be Breck washout.....fool! not Burk.....:kiss:

Am I the only one who thinks he's a great coach?

PPSTATEBOUND
09-03-2008, 01:52 PM
Just quoting the Deaf Mute on that one....

Took some time to get use to Feldt in Pp...... the spread was like a foriegn language.....A drop to 2A..... a Appalachian State oriented run spread this season instead of a pass oriented spread was great.....He is fitting in well now.

I like him.........he has proved me wrong, and Im happy it......His run spread at the 2A level with the talent at Pp will be hard to stop...

Farmersfan
09-03-2008, 07:41 PM
That would be a great point if the Coach was actually running what Wright use to run!!! Dodson has put in a whole bunch of stuff that Wright never would even consider. The run option, the 5 receiver spread formation and turning the defense into a 3-4. That's a big part of the problem. The players haven't taken hold of some of these changes. But I did catch practice twice so far this week and the intensity has gone up a few notches. They actually looked pretty good today on offense. Now if it will translate to the field on Friday night....

Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
Big part of the problem might be the limits put on the coaching staff. New HC was basically told by the supt what he could do offensively. He's being forced to stick with Wright's stuff. Yes, it won a state championship, but when it's not yours, you don't know the intricices of it. I know what he does offensively, and I think it would be a great fit in Farmersville. Shame that he's not being allowed to do it.

Farmersfan
09-04-2008, 08:22 AM
The only way you could know this for a fact is if he told you personally. You can't judge by what he use to run in Breckinridge because he has been an assistant for a while since then and also he has only had 1 game with this team and they are struggling to catch on to the few changes he has made. My opinion is if a coach allows a supt. or school board to dictate his offense then he isn't worth the job anyway. But I seriously doubt this is the case in Farmersville. But if you have more than speculation I would be glad to review the facts........................

Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
Im sure he's added a few of his own twists to it, but he's pretty limited as to what he can run. I know this first hand. Check out some of film of his Breckenridge teams, or some film on North Mesquite during the late 80's to see his offense.