PDA

View Full Version : Rice vs. Wharton

CheerMom
08-26-2008, 08:13 PM
The Tigers have been struggling the past couple of years, and the Raiders have a young new QB and O line. Who will win this one and why????

Antec
08-26-2008, 09:26 PM
Raiders are a 37-point favorite according to Jerry's Pigskin Preps

Dont know if it will be that bad

Foster running back headed for another good season for the Raiders in 2A

Theyll battle East Bernard for 26-2A title

maestro
08-26-2008, 09:50 PM
37 points!!!!

cannot imagine that'd happen.....

unless wharton's veer turns the ball over......

these teams are close enough talent wise that home field might push the raiders over......

who are some of wharton's key players????

Necks_Fan
08-26-2008, 10:31 PM
Wow, I don't think Wharton will be very good but dang. 37 points?

I just don't see the Tigers getting beat by THAT much.

I'm thinking 27-14......

fireman1
08-26-2008, 10:50 PM
what 37 points? I really dont see this happening the tigers will fight hard as they usually do so I cant see them gettin beat by 37 points... and talkin to a few tigers today they seem really hopeful about the season

Necks_Fan
08-26-2008, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by fireman1
what 37 points? I really dont see this happening the tigers will fight hard as they usually do so I cant see them gettin beat by 37 points... and talkin to a few tigers today they seem really hopeful about the season Yep, I just don't think Rice will be that well oiled this early. Wharton may be that bad though.

Everyone is hopeful though FM.

tigerpride_08
08-27-2008, 01:18 PM
i'm hoping the tigers will pull this upset but i dunno...they will deff have to stop RB Foster if they want to win...

fourbeee
08-27-2008, 03:08 PM
I know it was the first scrimmage, but Wharton did'nt look very good on either side of the ball. Yoakum moved the ball running and passing on their defense. It was hard for the offense to get a 1st down. They improved some on the second scrimmage against a considerable weaker team, but Yoakum and Schulenburg aren't on anyones radar to win any championships or get into the playoffs for that matter. I hope Wharton does well and has gotten their offense down. I still expect that Rice will win by a couple of TDs, hope I am wrong.

Antec
08-27-2008, 04:08 PM
Foster could have a career game if Tiger defense doesnt show up Friday

I know he's only one player but he's a h oss

Could be a high scoring game when all is said and done

maestro
08-27-2008, 09:56 PM
rice's defense historically brings about turnovers......

the tigers will have to protect the ball and move the chains....

foster will probably have his big game......