PDA

View Full Version : Kenny Vacarro

Old Tiger
08-26-2008, 01:57 PM
When is the meeting scheduled? Could anyone update us on how it went?

Emerson1
08-26-2008, 02:33 PM
Who is this? I keep seeing his name thrown around

Rocket
08-26-2008, 03:23 PM
Haven't heard nothing on this..meeting will be this evening..

Old Tiger
08-26-2008, 03:30 PM
Also heard he might be decommiting from the Horns to wear purple.

Looking4number8
08-26-2008, 03:34 PM
DEC meeting is Wednesday according to his mother

Looking4number8
08-26-2008, 03:35 PM
My question is does it have to be an 6-0 vote, can one vote change the ruling or is ita majority vote... any body know?

Rocket
08-26-2008, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by lookingfornumbe
My question is does it have to be an 6-0 vote, can one vote change the ruling or is ita majority vote... any body know?

I believe its a majority... but 6-0 is likely.

nobogey72
08-26-2008, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by Rocket
I believe its a majority... but 6-0 is likely. :confused: :confused:

injuredinmelee
08-26-2008, 04:25 PM
so if he is denied does the family file a lawsuit allowing him to play temporarily? IF he goes back to Brownwood he wont be able to play either will he?

BEAST
08-26-2008, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
so if he is denied does the family file a lawsuit allowing him to play temporarily? IF he goes back to Brownwood he wont be able to play either will he?

No, he is done at Brownwood either way. I wish the best for him but his mother should have gotten all the information before she flew off the handle.

BEAST

garciap77
08-26-2008, 04:29 PM

Well if he attended school at Early; maybe not! Sad......Hope things work out for him no matter were he plays!

Looking4number8
08-26-2008, 04:32 PM

His mom has been told to expect the district committee to reject the request, if it is denied it will go to the state committee.

Who knows how all of this will turn out.

I am friends with the Vaccarro family but am a die hard Brownwood fan.

Ranger Mom
08-26-2008, 04:53 PM
So I assume there is more to this story??

One of the top defensive football players in the Big Country has made a late switch -- so late that he is still listed with his former team in the Abilene Reporter-News' annual preseason football preview.

In a surprise move, former Brownwood defensive back Kenny Vaccaro has transferred to the neighboring Early School District, and is expected to play with the Longhorns in their opener at Cisco on Aug. 29.

Just three days after participating in Brownwood's Saturday scrimmage with Hewitt Midway, Vaccaro was seated in Early coach Robbie Tindol's office, informing him of his plans to transfer. By midweek, he was already practicing with the Longhorns and suited up for their Thursday scrimmage at Llano.

"It (surprised) all of us -- me included," Tindol said. "He's got a younger brother and sister who have been going to Early for some time. ... His mother (said) it was a matter of getting him into a school system where he could be closer to his family."

Economics played a huge role as well, according to Kenny's mother Alesia, who said she could no longer afford "to drive him back and forth." With the death of her husband a little more than a year ago and fuel costs biting into her budget, she was forced to make a difficult decision.

"I had to decide what to do and I didn't want to uproot (everyone)," she said. "We've always (sacrificed) for Kenny, but I've got other kids and now he's got to sacrifice a little bit."

Vaccaro's ability to play with Early in its Aug. 29 opener at Cisco will be determined by the District 8-2A coaches who will meet on Tuesday to review his Previous Athletic Participation Form (PAP).

Normally, transfers are required to sit out 15 days before being allowed to play in a game. But since Vaccaro transferred before the beginning of the school year and resides within the school district, he is expected to be allowed to play. He will begin classes at Early when school opens Monday.

Already verbally committed to the University of Texas, Vaccaro collected 103 tackles and four interceptions at Brownwood last year, and was expected to be a huge part of the Lions' defense in 2008. A preseason All-Big Country selection, he was named the District 16-4A co-newcomer of the year in 2006 and was an honorable mention all-state pick last year.

A telephone message left at Brownwood coach Steve Freeman's office wasn't returned before press time.

"Coach Freeman has already faxed the PAP back and (Vaccaro's) residency fits under all the guidelines," Tindol said. "We've had several other kids who came into our district with PAPs. He just happens to be a D-I so that's what the (interest) is."

At Early, Vaccaro will join a Longhorn team which is ranked third in class-2A by Dave Campbell's Texas Football Magazine, and is expected to challenge for a state title.

He has already begun practicing with the Longhorns and is expected to hit the practice field again on Monday.

"We had a good football team before he came," Tindol said. "The chemistry was good and that's what I told him right off the bat -- that I wanted our chemistry to stay the same so everyone can fit together."

Vaccaro was unavailable for comment.

Link (http://reporternews.com/news/2008/aug/23/economics-leads-to-vaccaros-sudden-transfer/)

Rocket
08-26-2008, 05:00 PM
There is ALWAYS more to the story...

Wasn't gas more expensive in May than it is now?

Ranger Mom
08-26-2008, 05:01 PM
There is ALWAYS more to the story...

Wasn't gas more expensive in May than it is now?

No clue....my husband always gasses up my vehicle!!

Lion_Addict
08-26-2008, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
No clue....my husband always gasses up my vehicle!!

Picturing you breaking out in song....."what a man, what a man, what a man, what a mighty good man".....:D :nerd:

Pick6
08-26-2008, 06:08 PM
I'm just guessing but I don't think Kenny would like his name pasted all over the internet when most people are just assuming what is gonig on.

Old Tiger
08-26-2008, 06:10 PM
he's a highly touted recruit his name is all over different message boards from UT's, LSU, this one, and I'm sure there are others

Rabid Cougar
08-26-2008, 06:31 PM
So if he has been living in Early, how has he been playing in Brownwood?

daug
08-26-2008, 06:37 PM
It's stilll too friggin' high!

Rabid Cougar
08-26-2008, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by daug
It's stilll too friggin' high!
$3.39 in Waco :2thumbsup :2thumbsup

Ranger Mom
08-26-2008, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by Pick6
I'm just guessing but I don't think Kenny would like his name pasted all over the internet when most people are just assuming what is gonig on.

All I did was google his name and it's all over the place!!

Looking4number8
08-26-2008, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by Rabid Cougar
So if he has been living in Early, how has he been playing in Brownwood?

They have lived about a mile from Brownwood High School for years. The three younger kids are the ones being lugged 7 or 8 miles across town (used there fathers address before he passed, then putin for legal transfers) for the past three years. They got a house in Early last week.

Emerson1
08-26-2008, 07:55 PM
They got a house in Early last week.
Then what is the problem? The other coaches just don't want to play against him?

Ranger Mom
08-26-2008, 08:00 PM
I honestly don't understand how they (the other teams in the district) can veto it if GJ Kinne was allowed to transfer and play.

Leaving Brownwood to play for Early seems like a "step down"...no offense to Early...but you see what I am saying!

Emerson1
08-26-2008, 08:02 PM
It should have to be a valid reason, not because your teams sucks and you don't want to get beat even worse

LH Panther Mom
08-26-2008, 08:02 PM
Leaving Brownwood to play for Early seems like a "step down"...no offense to Early...but you see what I am saying!
Maybe so, but from what I've read, Early was supposed to be pretty darn good before.

Ranger Mom
08-26-2008, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Maybe so, but from what I've read, Early was supposed to be pretty darn good before.

True.....but it seems you get more recognition the higher the classification! It seem staying with Brownwood, if possible, would have been best for his career in the long run.

I have had a couple of conflicting stories in my PM box....I figure the truth probably lies somewhere in between!

Rocket
08-26-2008, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
It should have to be a valid reason, not because your teams sucks and you don't want to get beat even worse

wow...good one.. not.

Ranger Mom
08-26-2008, 08:13 PM
I guess we will all know the verdict tonight?

Emerson1
08-26-2008, 08:14 PM
wow...good one.. not.
Uhm, it's the truth. The coaches would have no problem letting Jim Bob 3rd string DE transfer into the district.

LH Panther Mom
08-26-2008, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
Also heard he might be decommiting from the Horns to wear purple.
Since you keep "hearing" all this stuff, then you should know the answers before the rest of us.

Rocket
08-26-2008, 08:16 PM
True.....but it seems you get more recognition the higher the classification! It seem staying with Brownwood, if possible, would have been best for his career in the long run.

I have had a couple of conflicting stories in my PM box....I figure the truth probably lies somewhere in between!

There are alot of things fishy about all of this. That is why there is a District Committee to vote on it. It helps protect against recruiting among other things... If a kid goes to one school for 12 years and then all of the sudden, while he is in workouts and playing in scrimmages before his SENIOR year, you pull him away from Brownwood and say you need to go to Early because we have sacrificed for you all these other years and you will be closer to the family?? The story is not jiving and it won't with the committee, you can guarantee that. He's done. Hate to see it, but it's out of KV's hands now. Early got a carrot dangled in front of them and now the powers that be are taking it away. So sad...And just think about all the distraction it is probably causing Early...they got a HUGE game this week and everybody's talking about KV.

Daddy D 11
08-26-2008, 08:19 PM
Sounds like a sad situation, just hope it doesnt distract the rest of the team. I know if LH had a player going to UT and this was going on..it'd be awful hard to not think about it alot.

Ranger Mom
08-26-2008, 08:19 PM
There are alot of things fishy about all of this. That is why there is a District Committee to vote on it. It helps protect against recruiting among other things... If a kid goes to one school for 12 years and then all of the sudden, while he is in workouts and playing in scrimmages before his SENIOR year, you pull him away from Brownwood and say you need to go to Early because we have sacrificed for you all these other years and you will be closer to the family?? The story is not jiving and it won't with the committee, you can guarantee that. He's done. Hate to see it, but it's out of KV's hands now.

What happens to his scholarship chances if that happens??

Emerson1
08-26-2008, 08:20 PM
Since you keep "hearing" all this stuff, then you should know the answers before the rest of us.
By "heard" he means read it on orangebloods

Daddy D 11
08-26-2008, 08:21 PM

nothing. Micah Gibbs from LH/Leander/Pflugerville did not play his senior year of baseball because of a very similar situation. He still attended LSU and was a freshman all-american.

Emerson1
08-26-2008, 08:23 PM
I think it would just be up to the school if they still wanted to keep the offer on the table.

If I was him I try to find the nearest private school if this doesn't work out so you are at least on the field.

Daddy D 11
08-26-2008, 08:25 PM
I think it would just be up to the school if they still wanted to keep the offer on the table.

If I was him I try to find the nearest private school if this doesn't work out so you are at least on the field.

He should move to Zephyr and play 6man :D

Old Tiger
08-26-2008, 08:26 PM
Since you keep "hearing" all this stuff, then you should know the answers before the rest of us. The PM box is a little confusing to say the least about the whole situation. Some say he is some say he isn't

LH Panther Mom
08-26-2008, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
He should move to Zephyr and play 6man :D
That's a further drive than Brownwood. :p

Old Tiger
08-26-2008, 08:27 PM
By "heard" he means read it on orangebloods I don't read OB's ketch is an idiot so I stay away

LH Panther Mom
08-26-2008, 08:28 PM
I don't read OB's ketch is an idiot so I stay away
You get banned? ;)

Looking4number8
08-26-2008, 08:29 PM
I know his family is now doing every thing they can to get him eligible for Early. It may be too little too late but only time will tell.

Matthew328
08-26-2008, 08:30 PM
Actually I am hearng the same rumblings about KV and purple.....

Ranger Mom
08-26-2008, 08:32 PM
I know his family is now doing every thing they can to get him eligible for Early. It may be too little too late but only time will tell.

What do they have to do??

Old Tiger
08-26-2008, 08:38 PM
You get banned? ;) no just a harsh warning I told ketch that he was a homosexual stalker and needed to quit being a d-bag

Looking4number8
08-26-2008, 08:49 PM
What do they have to do??

The majority of his problems start on page 19 -22 but page 21 is the the most detailed to keep from having to read all night.

http://www.uil.utexas.edu/athletics/manuals/pdf/dec_handbook.pdf

LH Panther Mom
08-26-2008, 09:17 PM
no just a harsh warning I told ketch that he was a homosexual stalker and needed to quit being a d-bag
Sounds like ketch is nicer than me! :D

daug
08-26-2008, 09:37 PM
Fro m what eveyone has said and reading that, he should be playing Friday night. Good luck to the kid.

Ranger Mom
08-26-2008, 09:39 PM
Fro m what eveyone has said and reading that, he should be playing Friday night. Good luck to the kid.

WOW!

Rocket
08-26-2008, 11:22 PM

not that easy...not that simple... we'll see tomorrow night. I hope he does play as well..

daug
08-26-2008, 11:37 PM
Looks pretty clear cut, his mom is on hard times, why would he not play? Looks clear cut.

Dogman_1969
08-27-2008, 07:11 AM
Hey I watched the Lanno\Early scrimmage tape last night and wondered if he played in the scrimmage? Early is loaded for a 2A school and I expect to hear them making a run this season.......

Lion_Addict
08-27-2008, 07:24 AM
Originally posted by Dogman_1969
Hey I watched the Lanno\Early scrimmage tape last night and wondered if he played in the scrimmage? Early is loaded for a 2A school and I expect to hear them making a run this season.......

Yup, they have a good team. They will make a run with or without Mr. Vacarro.

injuredinmelee
08-27-2008, 07:48 AM
Originally posted by Lion_Addict
Yup, they have a good team. They will make a run with or without Mr. Vacarro.
any word on how the meeting went last night?

Lion_Addict
08-27-2008, 08:34 AM
any word on how the meeting went last night?

I have not heard a thing as of yet.

vet93
08-27-2008, 08:51 AM
This is a tragic situation on a lot of levels. You feel for Kenny because he appears to be at the center of something that is completely out of his control. Before we are too critical of the Mother...we should maybe try and put ourselves in her shoes. She appears to be a single mom, the dad who was in the picture is now passed and she has multiple children mostly at Early. I am sure that in a perfect world we can make statements like...gosh is it that hard to drive to Brownwood etc....but sometimes the circustances of life just wear you out...I am sure that she had no idea what the consequences would be in making a move like this. You also have to feel for the head coaches and the position that they are put in...seems like a no win situation for them in many ways. I am sure that the situation is much more complicated but sometimes we need to step back from our school affiliations and emotions and give people the benefit of the doubt. In situations like this emotions run high and conversations often end up being misinterpreted or blown out of proportion. If I was a district coach I would allow Kenny to play. Early is going to win that district anyway with or without Kenny...why punish the boy so that you can somehow get an advantage on the field. To me, Brownwood to Early is still a step down due to the differences in classification and the stages that the respective teams play on...If the move was for athletic reasons...Kenny would be better served staying in Brownwood not transferring to Early. I hope compassion and cooler heads prevail.

Ranger Mom
08-27-2008, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by vet93
This is a tragic situation on a lot of levels. You feel for Kenny because he appears to be at the center of something that is completely out of his control. Before we are too critical of the Mother...we should maybe try and put ourselves in her shoes. She appears to be a single mom, the dad who was in the picture is now passed and she has multiple children mostly at Early. I am sure that in a perfect world we can make statements like...gosh is it that hard to drive to Brownwood etc....but sometimes the circustances of life just wear you out...I am sure that she had no idea what the consequences would be in making a move like this. You also have to feel for the head coaches and the position that they are put in...seems like a no win situation for them in many ways. I am sure that the situation is much more complicated but sometimes we need to step back from our school affiliations and emotions and give people the benefit of the doubt. In situations like this emotions run high and conversations often end up being misinterpreted or blown out of proportion. If I was a district coach I would allow Kenny to play. Early is going to win that district anyway with or without Kenny...why punish the boy so that you can somehow get an advantage on the field. To me, Brownwood to Early is still a step down due to the differences in classification and the stages that the respective teams play on...If the move was for athletic reasons...Kenny would be better served staying in Brownwood not transferring to Early. I hope compassion and cooler head prevail.

I agree 100%!!

Great post as usual Vet!!:clap: :clap:

Eagle 1
08-27-2008, 09:28 AM
If Early is so good this year, why would they take a risk by allowing him to play?
It has happened in the past where the UIL has stripped a teams victory for using an ineligible player.
Think of how fair that would be to the other kids on the team who have worked so hard to get to this point if something like this happened? I know if I was a parent of an athelete on the team I would be concerned.

LHexPlayer
08-27-2008, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by Eagle 1
If Early is so good this year, why would they take a risk by allowing him to play?
It has happened in the past where the UIL has stripped a teams victory for using an ineligible player.
Think of how fair that would be to the other kids on the team who have worked so hard to get to this point if something like this happened? I know if I was a parent of an athelete on the team I would be concerned.

They haven't played a game yet. What is the UIL going to do strip Early of a scrimmage victory over Llano? I doubt the coaches in Early are dumb enough to ruin their season.

BwdLions
08-27-2008, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
nothing. Micah Gibbs from LH/Leander/Pflugerville did not play his senior year of baseball because of a very similar situation. He still attended LSU and was a freshman all-american.

There's a big difference in the way they do things at L$U. You have to have done something pretty bad to lose a scholarship there.

Mack won't pull a kids scholarship unless he has good reason. I'm just not sure what it would mean to KV if he was unable to play at all his senior year.

Daddy D 11
08-27-2008, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by BwdLions
There's a big difference in the way they do things at L$U. You have to have done something pretty bad to lose a scholarship there.

Mack won't pull a kids scholarship unless he has good reason. I'm just not sure what it would mean to KV if he was unable to play at all his senior year.

There's not too much difference. Both are top notch, both have players that get into trouble in whatever kind of way..and both protect those players by covering some incidents up. KV will be fine, Mack will not pull his scholarship, it looks bad on the University if he denies a kid a chance to play because of his "family" situation.

RedWhiteBlue
08-27-2008, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by vet93
This is a tragic situation on a lot of levels. You feel for Kenny because he appears to be at the center of something that is completely out of his control. Before we are too critical of the Mother...we should maybe try and put ourselves in her shoes. She appears to be a single mom, the dad who was in the picture is now passed and she has multiple children mostly at Early. I am sure that in a perfect world we can make statements like...gosh is it that hard to drive to Brownwood etc....but sometimes the circustances of life just wear you out...I am sure that she had no idea what the consequences would be in making a move like this. You also have to feel for the head coaches and the position that they are put in...seems like a no win situation for them in many ways. I am sure that the situation is much more complicated but sometimes we need to step back from our school affiliations and emotions and give people the benefit of the doubt. In situations like this emotions run high and conversations often end up being misinterpreted or blown out of proportion. If I was a district coach I would allow Kenny to play. Early is going to win that district anyway with or without Kenny...why punish the boy so that you can somehow get an advantage on the field. To me, Brownwood to Early is still a step down due to the differences in classification and the stages that the respective teams play on...If the move was for athletic reasons...Kenny would be better served staying in Brownwood not transferring to Early. I hope compassion and cooler heads prevail.
Sounds good to me!!!:D

injuredinmelee
08-27-2008, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by Eagle 1

From Goldthwaite?

Phil C
08-27-2008, 09:44 AM
Right now it seems if it is true that his mother said it is time for Kenny to make sacrifices that he will be on whatever team he plays for just long enough to where he can enter the NFL early and be expected to make more sacrifice$ for the family.

Looking4number8
08-27-2008, 11:51 AM
Just talked to Kenny's mom and it was a 6-0 vote to make him eligible.

Cograts to Kenny and Early

Daddy D 11
08-27-2008, 11:52 AM

Glad the ordeal is over for both teams and his family:clap:

LHexPlayer
08-27-2008, 11:55 AM

I told you Rocket. A coach wouldn't be worth a dang if he voted against it.

Ranger Mom
08-27-2008, 11:57 AM
The story is not jiving and it won't with the committee, you can guarantee that. He's done.

I gotta ask Rocket.....are you surprised??

Daddy D 11
08-27-2008, 12:01 PM

I'm sure he is, after all..he guaranteed it:doh:

Pick6
08-27-2008, 12:06 PM

Is this the quietest that Rocket has been since he's been a member?

Texasfootball2
08-27-2008, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by Pick6
Is this the quietest that Rocket has been since he's been a member?
He will be back as soon as he swallows all the crow:D

Pick6
08-27-2008, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2
He will be back as soon as he swallows all the crow:D

It probably won't the the last time he eats crow around here.

Looking4number8
08-27-2008, 12:21 PM

Rocket may not be surprised but I am... Lots of questons around this whole thing, even the mom is surprised.

I really figured the District would make him ineligible just so the state would have to sort it out.

Guess that is why I am a poster and not a decision maker!

LHexPlayer
08-27-2008, 12:27 PM
Rocket may not be surprised but I am... Lots of questons around this whole thing, even the mom is surprised.

I really figured the District would make him ineligible just so the state would have to sort it out.

Guess that is why I am a poster and not a decision maker!

I believe this was voted on by the coaches in the district.

If you are a coach of a team in that district why would you vote against it? That goes against everything you teach your kids. You teach them to play hard no matter who is across the field. You teach them to handle things on the field, not to whine, and take what life gives you. If a coach votes against allowing another kid to play just because he is a good player then you are unteaching your kids everything you worked towards.

If the situation is as complex as some have stated then that can be handled by the law if need be. Not by the coaches committee that had to make a decision if a kid can play football.

Also lets say a coach votes against it. He would more than likely catch hell from the coaching community for it. As a coach you prepare your kids no matter who is out there playing. That is your job.

Lion_Addict
08-27-2008, 12:28 PM
Rocket may not be surprised but I am... Lots of questions around this whole thing.

:ditto: :thinking: ......but I do wish 'em luck.

pirate4state
08-27-2008, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by LHexPlayer

If you are a coach of a team in that district why would you vote against it? That goes against everything you teach your kids. You teach them to play hard no matter who is across the field. You teach them to handle things on the field, not to whine, and take what life gives you. If a coach votes against allowing another kid to play just because he is a good player then you are unteaching your kids everything you worked towards.

If the situation is as complex as some have stated then that can be handled by the law if need be. Not by the coaches committee that had to make a decision if a kid can play football.

Also lets say a coach votes against it. He would more than likely catch hell from the coaching community for it. As a coach you prepare your kids no matter who is out there playing. That is your job.

:clap: Well said & I agree 100%!

Pick6
08-27-2008, 12:33 PM

Unfortunately it happens. I've seen it happen to football kids and softball players. Both instances the kids went from a 3a school to a 1a school.

Looking4number8
08-27-2008, 12:36 PM

I agree with what you say, however nobody said the law needed to be involved. Dont know where you got that, I have not seen it posted. Why I am suprised is the mother told me to expect this part to be denied and the UIL state committe to make him eligible.

If there were any doubts, I would vote against it so the state woud have to do the real digging. That would also prevent me from making a kid eligible and playing then with some sort of appeal, make Early forfiet.

Now I assume the coaches thought of this and all bases are covered and there will be no appeal but this has been such a wierd deal... all bets are off!

I continue to say, Kenny and his family are my friends, I want Kenny to play (really wish it would have been at Brownwood but that is not going to happen). I truly hope this whole ordeal is over and Early can move on with him just as Brownwood has moved on with out him.

LHexPlayer
08-27-2008, 12:43 PM
I agree with what you say, however nobody said the law needed to be involved. Dont know where you got that, I have not seen it posted. Why I am suprised it the mother told me to expect this part to be denied and the UIL state committe to make him eligible.

If there were any doubts, I would vote against it so the state woud have to do the real digging. That would also prevent me from making a kid eligible and playing then with some sort of appeal, make Early forfiet.

Now I assume the coaches thought of this and all basis are covered and there will be no appeal but this has been such a wierd deal... all bets are off!

I continue to say, Kenny and his family are my friends, I want Kenny to play (really wish it would have been at Brownwood but that is not going to happen). I truly hope this whole ordeal is over and Early can move on with him just as Brownwood has moved on with out him.

I didn't mean to imply he has issues with the law. I was just using an example how the coaches might not need to be involved. Sorry I didn't want to infer that he had law problems.

I look at it like it should be handled like Coach Freeman handled it. Tell the kid good luck and wish him the best and sign the paper work needed to release him. That was first class all the way. The other coaches in that district might not like it but they had to handle it with class. It was not there job to escalate anything to a higher level.

ronwx5x
08-27-2008, 12:43 PM

With all that, how could there ever be a no vote?

LHexPlayer
08-27-2008, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by ronwx5x
With all that, how could there ever be a no vote?

I don't think you can no vote it. You have to suck it up and vote yes. Not voting or voting against it is a can of worms that coaches don't want to open. Next year you might get a new kid and you sure as heck want the other coaches to vote yes. If a kid is recruited (not saying KV was) then the vote gets tricky. But that would probably be handled the same way. You vote yes but you sure as heck called the recruiting coach and give him a piece of you mind. Life would not be good for a coach that is caught recruiting a kid. In coaching you treat each other how you would want to be treated.

Looking4number8
08-27-2008, 12:50 PM
I didn't mean to imply he has issues with the law. I was just using an example how the coaches might not need to be involved. Sorry I didn't want to infer that he had law problems.

I look at it like it should be handled like Coach Freeman handled it. Tell the kid good luck and wish him the best and sign the paper work needed to release him. That was first class all the way. The other coaches in that district might not like it but they had to handle it with class. It was not there job to escalate anything to a higher level.

Agreed 100% It seems all the coaches in Brownwood, Early and Early's district handled every thing with class and dignity. It's message board posters like me that kept things stired up. Never have been able to keep my mouth shut...

Guess I could learn a BIG LESSON from Coach Freeeman....seriously!

ronwx5x
08-27-2008, 12:51 PM
I don't think you can no vote it. You have to suck it up and vote yes. Not voting or voting against it is a can of worms that coaches don't want to open. Next year you might get a new kid and you sure as heck want the other coaches to vote yes. If a kid is recruited (not saying KV was) then the vote gets tricky. But that would probably be handled the same way. You vote yes but you sure as heck called the recruiting coach and give him a piece of you mind. Life would not be good for a coach that is caught recruiting a kid. In coaching you treat each other how you would want to be treated.

I have no idea of what the results were in any voting occuring in the past. My sarcastic comment was really meant to say "Has there ever been or will there ever be a no vote?" I believe the answer to thet question would be yes, there has been a no vote. If not, I'm wrong.

Lion_Addict
08-27-2008, 12:52 PM
I have my reasons (will leave it at that).......I am really surprised they got a "yes" vote outta Bangs, coaches needing to show class or not. OK, I'm done with this whole thing now.
Saturday can't get here soon enuff!! :)

LHexPlayer
08-27-2008, 12:54 PM
Agreed 100% It seems all the coaches in Brownwood, Early and Early's district handled every thing with class and dignity. It's message board posters like me that kept things stired up. Never have been able to keep my mouth shut...

Guess I could learn a BIG LESSON from Coach Freeeman....seriously!

Wasn't implying you handled it without class or you are trying to stir things up. Sorry if you thought that. Actually I feel the opposite, everything on this matter that I have read from the Brownwood fans to the coaches has been handled with class at the highest level. A lot of other schools would have made a bigger stink of all this. So on that I commend you guys for the way you have handled it.

garciap77
08-27-2008, 12:56 PM
I agree with what you say, however nobody said the law needed to be involved. Dont know where you got that, I have not seen it posted. Why I am suprised is the mother told me to expect this part to be denied and the UIL state committe to make him eligible.

Now I assume the coaches thought of this and all bases are covered and there will be no appeal but this has been such a wierd deal... all bets are off!

One thing I do not understand is why couldn't someone (parent or player or coach ) give him a ride home after practice? I've done that many time for kids when thier parents could not take them to practice for whatever reason.

garciap77
08-27-2008, 12:59 PM
Wasn't implying you handled it without class or you are trying to stir things up. Sorry if you thought that. Actually I feel the opposite, everything on this matter that I have read from the Brownwood fans to the coaches has been handled with class at the highest level. A lot of other schools would have made a bigger stink of all this. So on that I commend you guys for the way you have handled it.

Well said! I agree with you!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Looking4number8
08-27-2008, 01:08 PM

Dang LHexPlayer.. quit being so nice.. I am trying not to like Liberty Hill right now.. just kidding, hey.. check your PM's

BEAST
08-27-2008, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
One thing I do not understand is why couldn't someone (parent or player or coach ) give him a ride home after practice? I've done that many time for kids when thier parents could not take them to practice for whatever reason.

Good point. The PR move that was the newspaper article left out some info. Oh well, good for Kenny and Early. As for Brownwood, we moved past this a week and a half ago. Good luck to all goint into week 0.

BEAST

Lion_Addict
08-27-2008, 01:11 PM
Dang LHexPlayer.. quit being so nice.. I am trying not to like Liberty Hill right now.. just kidding, hey.. check your PM's

He ain't nice! You oughtta see the names he calls us in PM's.....;) :p

pirate4state
08-27-2008, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by ronwx5x
I have no idea of what the results were in any voting occuring in the past. My sarcastic comment was really meant to say "Has there ever been or will there ever be a no vote?" I believe the answer to thet question would be yes, there has been a no vote. If not, I'm wrong.

I know some coaches that have voted "no" and :tongue: that's all I gotta say about that!

LH Panther Mom
08-27-2008, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by BEAST
we moved past this a week and a half ago.
IMO, the rest of us need to do the same. :)

Ranger Mom
08-27-2008, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
I know some coaches that have voted "no" and :tongue: that's all I gotta say about that!

Wasn't there some kid from Diboll that got a "no" vote when he moved after Hurricane Katrina/Rita?..(can't remember which one it was)

Rocket
08-27-2008, 01:16 PM
I never said I guarantee a no vote.. I said it's not a guarantee that they will approve it. TOO MANY fishy things... and the mom was surprised as everybody... we had heard that the coaches from the district were not happy. To no vote would mean you have without a resonable doubt reasons that he switched schools for athletic reasons alone.

This is not about me eating crow. Come on guys. That is stupid. I will say that this is the best thing for Brownwood and the best thing for Early. Go get you a state championship Early and good luck!

I am always here... just because I am quiet for a bit doesn't mean I will be gone for long... lol

LHexPlayer
08-27-2008, 01:17 PM

I am always here... just because I am quiet for a bit doesn't mean I will be gone for long... lol

It's just that those quiet periods are your best moments.:D

pirate4state
08-27-2008, 01:17 PM
Wasn't there some kid from Diboll that got a "no" vote when he moved after Hurricane Katrina/Rita?..(can't remember which one it was) Gilbert Moye wasn't it? I don't recall all the circumstances, but it was at the same time as the GJ Kinne thing...oh boy...OWCHI!

Lion_Addict
08-27-2008, 01:18 PM
IMO, the rest of us need to do the same. :)

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Ranger Mom
08-27-2008, 01:21 PM
Gilbert Moye wasn't it? I don't recall all the circumstances, but it was at the same time as the GJ Kinne thing...oh boy...OWCHI!

I can't remember either....did he end up sitting out his senior year?

pirate4state
08-27-2008, 01:25 PM
I can't remember either....did he end up sitting out his senior year? I don't know, but I bet jasperdog94 does! lmao

Ranger Mom
08-27-2008, 01:27 PM
I don't know, but I bet jasperdog94 does! lmao

It seems like he went back to Jasper at some point.

Heck...that was too long ago, it makes my head hurt to think like that!!