PDA

View Full Version : The Downlow Is Alive!!!

IHStangFan
08-26-2008, 09:52 AM
and it is learing spanish!!! I typed in jalapeno.....and it corrected me and added the tilde.......jalapeņo......SEE?!??!

44INAROW
08-26-2008, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
and it is learing spanish!!! I typed in jalapeno.....and it corrected me and added the tilde.......jalapeņo......SEE?!??!

we have spellcheck now?

pirate4state
08-26-2008, 09:58 AM
Not that I know of! I think maybe Mr. Feva has mozilla or some other browser that has automatic spell check? :thinking:

Ranger Mom
08-26-2008, 10:08 AM
jalapeno

Nope....Mozilla didn't correct it for me!!

IHStangFan
08-26-2008, 10:14 AM
yup...running firefox....and here when posting msgs, it puts a little red line under misspelled words, and I'm still only batting .500 in spelling, LOL

Ranger Mom
08-26-2008, 10:22 AM
yup...running firefox....and here when posting msgs, it puts a little red line under misspelled words, and I'm still only batting .500 in spelling, LOL

That's weird, I am running firefox too, but it doesn't underline jalapeno when I spell it without the little curly thing you were talking about!!

IHStangFan
08-26-2008, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
That's weird, I am running firefox too, but it doesn't underline jalapeno when I spell it without the little curly thing you were talking about!! hmmm...that's odd...wonder if it has to do w/ the versions we're running. wait a min.....right click on the text box when typing your msg...and check "spell check this field" ...that ought to do it.

Ranger Mom
08-26-2008, 10:27 AM
hmmm...that's odd...wonder if it has to do w/ the versions we're running. wait a min.....right click on the text box when typing your msg...and check "spell check this field" ...that ought to do it.

I dunno...I just downloaded the latest version last week.

jalapeno

When I right click it gives me option to check my spelling, but it doesn't bring up any corrections. Or, I can go to the language link and download another dictionary.

Did you download the Spanish dictionary or something??

IHStangFan
08-26-2008, 10:31 AM
I dunno...I just downloaded the latest version last week.

jalapeno

When I right click it gives me option to check my spelling, but it doesn't bring up any corrections. Or, I can go to the language link and download another dictionary.

Did you download the Spanish dictionary or something?? not that I'm aware of...but this is my work laptop...so there's no telling what's been put on it.

crzyjournalist03
08-26-2008, 10:39 AM
not that I'm aware of...but this is my work laptop...so there's no telling what's been put on it.

Ok...you win the bet...you successfully got RM to say jalapeņo three times in this thread when it had nothing do to whatsoever with Mexican food.

I didn't think it was possible. :dispntd: :crazy1:

IHStangFan
08-26-2008, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
Ok...you win the bet...you successfully got RM to say jalapeņo three times in this thread when it had nothing do to whatsoever with Mexican food.

I didn't think it was possible. :dispntd: :crazy1: LOL...nice.

Ranger Mom
08-26-2008, 11:00 AM

I didn't think it was possible. :dispntd: :crazy1:

LOL!! For some reason, I just thought of Beetlejuice all the sudden!!

crzyjournalist03
08-26-2008, 11:10 AM
LOL!! For some reason, I just thought of Beetlejuice all the sudden!!

LOL

Jalapeno
Jalapeno
Jalapeno

Ranger Mom
08-26-2008, 11:17 AM
LOL

Jalapeno
Jalapeno
Jalapeno

How come you had the little curly thing in your other post, but not on the above jalapenos???

Y'all are just messing with me, aren't you!!:mad:

crzyjournalist03
08-26-2008, 11:25 AM
How come you had the little curly thing in your other post, but not on the above jalapenos???

What are you talking about?

Jalapeņo
Jalapeno
Jalapeņo

ok...just kidding...on firefox, it underlines "jalapeno" when I'm typing because I right-clicked "spell check this field." Jalapeno shows up with the red underline, and when I right-click again, it shows jalapeņo. I hope that makes sense.

IHStangFan
08-26-2008, 11:26 AM

Jalapeņo
Jalapeno
Jalapeņo

ok...just kidding...on firefox, it underlines "jalapeno" when I'm typing because I right-clicked "spell check this field." Jalapeno shows up with the red underline, and when I right-click again, it shows jalapeņo. I hope that makes sense. perfect sense.

Okay RM...you got us...we're warlocks/witches...burn us at the stake. :D

Ranger Mom
08-26-2008, 12:00 PM

Jalapeņo
Jalapeno
Jalapeņo

ok...just kidding...on firefox, it underlines "jalapeno" when I'm typing because I right-clicked "spell check this field." Jalapeno shows up with the red underline, and when I right-click again, it shows jalapeņo. I hope that makes sense.

I just don't understand why it doesn't on mine.

Look at the pic below....this is what I see when quoting your post::confused: :confused: It is underlining what you say yours corrects to!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v255/RangerMom1/jalapeno.jpg

Sweetwater Red
08-26-2008, 12:06 PM

NM..I just clicked on the concession stand link. If Go Blue
knows what it's called everybody does.:(

:devil:

Ranger Mom
08-26-2008, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
It's called a tilde...Woo hoo Spanish I & II in HS.:thumbsup:

It took twenty years but I finally got use that useless piece of
knowledge. Thank You Mrs. Casner.:D

I like little curly thing better....and unless you can answer the REAL question here....shush!!!:devil: :devil:

Sweetwater Red
08-26-2008, 12:10 PM
I like little curly thing better....and unless you can answer the REAL question here....shush!!!:devil: :devil:

My bubble has already been busted. See my edited post.:(

Ranger Mom
08-26-2008, 12:11 PM
NM..I just clicked on the concession stand link. If Go Blue
knows what it's called everybody does.:(

:devil:

DUUDE!!! That had to hurt!!!

I am sorry I hushed you!!

But....do you know what the plastic tip on the end of a shoestring is??

IHStangFan
08-26-2008, 12:13 PM

Look at the pic below....this is what I see when quoting your post::confused: :confused: It is underlining what you say yours corrects to!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v255/RangerMom1/jalapeno.jpg looks to me like your computer is ignorant and narrow-minded when it comes to other languages and cultures.....I think it needs sensitivity training. :D

Ranger Mom
08-26-2008, 12:14 PM
looks to me like your computer is ignorant and narrow-minded when it comes to other languages and cultures.....I think it needs sensitivity training. :D

I guess that's what we get for buying a Dell!!

IHStangFan
08-26-2008, 12:16 PM
I guess that's what we get for buying a Dell!! OH...it's a Dell....I bet if you were trying to type in Hindu it'd know what you were typing!

Sweetwater Red
08-26-2008, 12:24 PM
DUUDE!!! That had to hurt!!!

I am sorry I hushed you!!

But....do you know what the plastic tip on the end of a shoestring is??

Eyelit or is that what they call the little holes that you put the shoe string through?:thinking:

Ranger Mom
08-26-2008, 12:38 PM
Eyelit or is that what they call the little holes that you put the shoe string through?:thinking:

I think it is! The end of a shoestring is called an aglet!! Ohhhh......Firefox spellchecker doesn't like that word either.

I realize now why I don't want to use the word "tilde". My aunts/cousins/etc. always referred to "that time of the month" as Aunt Tilly! Tilde is just too close of a word the Tilly!

:D

IHStangFan
08-26-2008, 12:41 PM
I think it is! The end of a shoestring is called an aglet!! Ohhhh......Firefox spellchecker doesn't like that word either.

I realize now why I don't want to use the word "tilde". My aunts/cousins/etc. always referred to "that time of the month" as Aunt Tilly! Tilde is just too close of a word the Tilly!

:D Aunt Tilly huh? When I was growin up and we were talking about a girlfriend or something it was "Aunt Flo"

Ranger Mom
08-26-2008, 12:42 PM
Aunt Tilly huh? When I was growin up and we were talking about a girlfriend or something it was "Aunt Flo"

Yes....that's a very common one!!

I don't know where Tilly came from....all I know is I don't wanna associate it with a jalapeno!!:eek: :eek:

crzyjournalist03
08-26-2008, 12:44 PM
Yes....that's a very common one!!

I don't know where Tilly came from....all I know is I don't wanna associate it with a jalapeno!!:eek: :eek:

Well, if you eat enough jalapenos, you'll end up with the runs.

Ranger Mom
08-26-2008, 12:48 PM
Well, if you eat enough jalapenos, you'll end up with the runs.

1/2 a jalapeno is too much for me.....I am not a fan of "hot things!"

sinton66
08-26-2008, 08:15 PM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v255/RangerMom1/jalapeno.jpg

RM, when you use spellcheck and it gives possibilities, you usually have to click again on the spelling you want.

(And, it'e eyelEt not eyelit.):D

Ranger Mom
08-26-2008, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
RM, when you use spellcheck and it gives possibilities, you usually have to click again on the spelling you want.

(And, it'e eyelEt not eyelit.):D

That is SO weird! I have the updated version of firefox at work (or the guy who worked on my computer said I did) and it doesn't underline jalapeņo.....but it does on my computer at homethat supposedly has the older version!!!

I have a curly thing on jalapeņo now!!:D

I will definitely be checking my firefox at work tomorrow!

EDIT: Right after I posted this a box popped up and asked me if I wanted to upgrade to the newest version 3.0.....I know that is what I have at work....I don't like it!!!

I hate the way it brings up the links in your toolbar when you type in a site you have recently visited!!