PDA

View Full Version : Best Concession Stand

injuredinmelee
08-26-2008, 09:25 AM
It has been a few years since I was at their stadium but Llano had my favorite concession stand. What are some of your favorites?

IHStangFan
08-26-2008, 09:31 AM
Santa Fe .......I've never had a bigger thing of nachos w/ more cheese.

Old Tiger
08-26-2008, 09:44 AM
WISD Stadium - has personal pan pizzas and chik-fil-a sandwiches
SLC's Stadium - Sushi mmmm mmmm

injuredinmelee
08-26-2008, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by Go Blue
SLC's Stadium - Sushi mmmm mmmm

yeah but the pizas and sushi arent unique to their area of the state. Chic Fila and Pizza i can get anywhere I want good old fashioned slapped together fare. I dont eat sushi at resturants and I am certainly not eating it at a football game.

Old Tiger
08-26-2008, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
yeah but the pizas and sushi arent unique to their area of the state. Chic Fila and Pizza i can get anywhere I want good old fashioned slapped together fare. I dont eat sushi at resturants and I am certainly not eating it at a football game. It's just awesome to know that you can get them :D

I usually go with the typical nachos with jalepenos. I hate when the cheese is nasty and the chips are stale. :(

IHStangFan
08-26-2008, 09:51 AM
It's just awesome to know that you can get them :D

I usually go with the typical nachos with jalepenos. I hate when the cheese is nasty and the chips are stale. :( yes, cheese must be fresh and hot, chips not stale, and jalapeņos must be ...well...any ole jalapeņos will do.

(notice the grammatically correct tilde used in "jalapeņos" you like that don't you?)

lostaussie
08-26-2008, 09:51 AM
SLC's Stadium - Sushi mmmm mmmm Gilmer has gone with chik-fil-a sandwiches for this year.

Old Tiger
08-26-2008, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
yes, cheese must be fresh and hot, chips not stale, and jalapeņos must be ...well...any ole jalapeņos will do.

(notice the grammatically correct tilde used in "jalapeņos" you like that don't you?) haha i hate when you get jalapenos and they aren't hot :(

the tilde "n" is overrated :p

IHStangFan
08-26-2008, 10:12 AM
haha i hate when you get jalapenos and they aren't hot :(

the tilde "n" is overrated :p you sir are wrong...the tilde will have its day!!! VIVA EL TILDE!!!

Old Tiger
08-26-2008, 10:19 AM
you sir are wrong...the tilde will have its day!!! VIVA EL TILDE!!! really i mean how many letters have a tilde?

jason
08-26-2008, 10:20 AM
texas stadium - super bowl nachos...

NOM NOM NOM............

IHStangFan
08-26-2008, 10:20 AM
really i mean how many letters have a tilde? they're like the marines...the few, the proud...

ronwx5x
08-26-2008, 10:37 AM
you sir are wrong...the tilde will have its day!!! VIVA EL TILDE!!!

Nah, JALAPAINYOS works just fine! They are hot as the:devil:

Bull's-eye
08-26-2008, 10:46 AM
The LaGrange and Yoakum had the friendliest workers. :) Can't beat the prices at the "Swamp" for the Rice Cons games.

Bull19
08-26-2008, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
The LaGrange and Yoakum had the friendliest workers. :) Can't beat the prices at the "Swamp" for the Rice Cons games. tiger stadium in sealy sells some of the best bags of lay's chips made.

Bull's-eye
08-26-2008, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by Bull19
tiger stadium in sealy sells some of the best bags of lay's chips made.

At the Rice game, I got 2 hot dogs, 2 drinks and 2 bags of popcorn. I gave the lady $5 and she game me $2 in change. :)

injuredinmelee
08-26-2008, 12:01 PM
the Wylie stand sucks. No effort put into it anymore and just your standard old crap and the lines are ALWAYS long. You can stand in line an entire half time show.

IHStangFan
08-26-2008, 12:07 PM
tiger stadium in sealy sells some of the best bags of lay's chips made. aren't they made 20 mins down the road at the plant near Wallis/Orchard?

garciap77
08-26-2008, 12:17 PM
the Wylie stand sucks. No effort put into it anymore and just your standard old crap and the lines are ALWAYS long. You can stand in line an entire half time show.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Injuredinmelee what's up with that!

Use the vistor's side the lines are always short there. And, the prices are cheapest I've seen in High School football!:)

P.S. I'll talk to nobogey about getting you a VIP pass! That will get you in the back door, so you can buy some of our standard old crap!
;)

injuredinmelee
08-26-2008, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
:eek: :eek: :eek:

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Injuredinmelee what's up with that!

Use the vistor's side the lines are always short there. And, the prices are cheapest I've seen in High School football!:)

P.S. I'll talk to nobogey about getting you a VIP pass! That will get you in the back door, so you can buy some of our standard old crap!
;)
they should be cheap. Thee is no thought that goes into anythign that is sold. Its just standard concession crap with the crap pizza pro pizza. Why cant I get a burger like they used to make?

Bull's-eye
08-26-2008, 01:32 PM
Bellville will sell sausage wraps from time to time. A little mustard and you're good to go.

Texasfootball2
08-26-2008, 02:41 PM

I wouldn't go as far as to say it Sucks, but it could be run better. The band runs it. It's a shame that more effort isn't put into it too because with the crowds that Wylie has, someone could make a mountain of $$$$$$$. Part of the problem is that Wylie has outgrown the facility. Phase two, which happens next year, has some new concession stands and field house. I think they are really going to improve the concession stand facilities and that usually leads to better service.

But your only as good as your help and the poor man that runs it has to do most of it by himself. If he quits they will really be in trouble.

Old Tiger
08-26-2008, 02:42 PM
they should be cheap. Thee is no thought that goes into anythign that is sold. Its just standard concession crap with the crap pizza pro pizza. Why cant I get a burger like they used to make? you can get a burger in Rockdale :D

Bull19
08-26-2008, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
Bellville will sell sausage wraps from time to time. A little mustard and you're good to go. chili cheese nachos with some jalapalos is the only way to go at the pasture imo.

KingRob
08-26-2008, 03:01 PM
I used to love Frito pies, and the still in the shell peanuts. Man, that was some good eatin!:)

STANG RED
08-26-2008, 03:13 PM
Clyde has 5 or 6 different concessions ran by different organizations, and some of them are great. Too bad the stadium sucks so bad.

injuredinmelee
08-26-2008, 03:18 PM
you can get a burger in Rockdale :D

yeah but i want to see good football at the same time... lol

Old Tiger
08-26-2008, 03:21 PM
yeah but i want to see good football at the same time... lol well here is a little secret they keep the grill behind the concession stand by the softball field so if you know a guy cookin you can go get it hot off the grill

nobogey72
08-26-2008, 04:41 PM
My favorite was Aledo a few years ago. They have big pits going all the time with burgers, sausage, turkey legs going. The best part is that BBQ smell is all over the stadium.

Mcguirk
08-26-2008, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2
I wouldn't go as far as to say it Sucks, but it could be run better. The band runs it. It's a shame that more effort isn't put into it too because with the crowds that Wylie has, someone could make a mountain of $$$$$$$. Part of the problem is that Wylie has outgrown the facility. Phase two, which happens next year, has some new concession stands and field house. I think they are really going to improve the concession stand facilities and that usually leads to better service.

But your only as good as your help and the poor man that runs it has to do most of it by himself. If he quits they will really be in trouble.

We received our request to volunteer for the concession stand today. I just don't want to miss the football games. Though my wife will volunteer for one game. Your right about the man who runs it, he works really hard at it.
They do cook burgers and steaks before the game, but it's early and at a secret locations. Invitaion only:D And I haven't been invited yet.
Ballinger used to serve some pretty good brisket sandwiches. And for some reason I thought Wimberly cooked real burgers during our game there a couple of years ago.

Gontex
08-26-2008, 07:58 PM
I can't believe I read this entire thread. I must be more bored than I thought. I gotta get a life.

espn1
08-26-2008, 09:08 PM
Llano Pork Burgers!

garciap77
08-26-2008, 09:17 PM
they should be cheap. Thee is no thought that goes into anythign that is sold. Its just standard concession crap with the crap pizza pro pizza. Why cant I get a burger like they used to make?

To bad you can not make it tonight for the meet the Bulldogs! They had free ICE CREME! And nobogey cooked Rib-Eye steaks (They sold for $1.00.)!:D

ProudHornetMom
08-26-2008, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by Gontex
I can't believe I read this entire thread. I must be more bored than I thought. I gotta get a life.

Where else can you trash talk, homer up, band wagon, have whizzing contests, all hate Brownwood and then read about hotdogs and tildes?

Life is good. :crazy:

Rabid Cougar
08-26-2008, 09:35 PM
FENWAY !

LH Panther Mom
08-26-2008, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by ProudHornetMom
Where else can you trash talk, homer up, band wagon, have whizzing contests, all hate Brownwood and then read about hotdogs and tildes?

Life is good. :crazy:
Hahahaha! :clap: :D

I don't know about "best", but we have "Texas Trash" at the home side concession stand. Fritos, red beans, chopped beef, topped with nacho cheese. It's good stuff! :)

Necks_Fan
08-26-2008, 10:35 PM
Does this or FANTASY football threads belong over here?

I mean, this isn't really sports....

It's whose concession stand do you like the best?

Necks_Fan
08-26-2008, 10:36 PM
VIVA EL TILDE!!! Translates to "live the Tilde" ?

Lol.

crabman
08-26-2008, 10:39 PM
I have asked for years how come our concession stands don't have a line for drinks only. You could move some bodies through there fast and serve a lot more food at the food line. You could still order a drink in the food line but if you just want three bottles of water you don't have to wait behind the eight year old kid getting two pickles, a popcorn, and some Skittles. No wait, make that a Snickers instead. No wait, I only have two dollars so put the Snickers back. So how much is that now. Get the idea. Drinks only lines are where it's at.

Necks_Fan
08-26-2008, 10:45 PM
I hate the giant mob of teens who think it is really cool to hang out in front of the concession stand and be in the way.

Go be in front of the bathrooms..... It would discourage alot of people from going in there.

It's a little haven for crabs, herpes, and whatnot. I think I will pass on those. :eek: :eek:

And, I just started to stop at the buccees like half a block from our stadium. It solves the problem of having to wait in the middle of a loud-annoying group of thug wannabe's.

Bull19
08-26-2008, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
I hate the giant mob of teens who think it is really cool to hang out in front of the concession stand and be in the way.

why are u talking bout urself then?

Necks_Fan
08-26-2008, 10:51 PM
why are u talking bout urself then? Oh man.... That's a good one.

No, I'm actually interested in watching the game and not being a giant douchebag to all the people serious about watching.

I might be an a$$ on here, but I do have some courtesy in the public.

But, you guys will always have an image in your heads that I really don't care about. So, think what you want.

Bull19
08-26-2008, 10:51 PM

But, you guys will always have an image in your heads that I really don't care about. So, think what you want. ??? you guys?

Necks_Fan
08-26-2008, 10:54 PM
??? you guys? IDK, whoever on here that thinks I'm an a$$hole, just by the way I dog FBB.

Your first post said enough.

Bull19
08-26-2008, 11:02 PM
tiger stadium in sealy sells some of the best bags of lay's chips made. ?

Necks_Fan
08-26-2008, 11:04 PM
why are u talking bout urself then? This ring a bell?

I was talking about your first reply to me.

Emerson1
08-26-2008, 11:10 PM
Bad first day of school?

KingRob
08-27-2008, 02:26 AM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Bad first day of school?

I think it's because of the dress code.:)

garciap77
08-27-2008, 06:54 AM
Oh man.... That's a good one.

No, I'm actually interested in watching the game and not being a giant douchebag to all the people serious about watching.

I might be an a$$ on here, but I do have some courtesy in the public.

But, you guys will always have an image in your heads that I really don't care about. So, think what you want.

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/clip_image002.jpg

;)