PDA

View Full Version : Ok, how about Cisco vs Early?

Gsquared
08-25-2008, 07:54 AM
Cant find a schedule but think they play in Cisco this Friday, is that correct?

garciap77
08-25-2008, 07:57 AM
Early @ Cisco

I'll take Early by 7!

Here is Early's Sch http://stats.reporternews.com/football/boys/teams/518/

Gsquared
08-25-2008, 08:04 AM
Sweet, this is going to be my Friday night game then!

injuredinmelee
08-25-2008, 09:47 AM
see ya there! I plan on making this one.

injuredinmelee
08-25-2008, 09:53 AM
The Cisco kids seem to think that Vaccarro is not playing in the game for Early.

Gsquared
08-25-2008, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
see ya there! I plan on making this one.
Sweet, see you in Cisco!!!!

LH Panther Mom
08-25-2008, 09:56 AM
The Cisco kids seem to think that Vaccarro is not playing in the game for Early.
15-day waiting period maybe?

Pick6
08-25-2008, 10:02 AM
Is Coach West still at Cisco?

Gsquared
08-25-2008, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by Pick6
Is Coach West still at Cisco?
I believe he is

Rocket
08-25-2008, 10:44 AM

The District Exec Committe meets Tuesday to vote on Vacarro.. If he is denied (which he probably will be), he will then have to appeal. He may not play a down of football in a game this season.

injuredinmelee
08-25-2008, 10:57 AM
i dot like that he had to leave Bwood but I dont think that the district committee should deny the transfer as they are only doing it because they dont want to have to paly against him. Its hurting him more than anything having to go to a 2A school. He would be much better off at a bigger school and the Supts know it so why deny it. If he transfers before school starts does the 15 day rule still apply?

Rocket
08-25-2008, 01:17 PM
i dot like that he had to leave Bwood but I dont think that the district committee should deny the transfer as they are only doing it because they dont want to have to paly against him. Its hurting him more than anything having to go to a 2A school. He would be much better off at a bigger school and the Supts know it so why deny it. If he transfers before school starts does the 15 day rule still apply?

The District committee has to "buy" that he moved for family reasons and academic reasons and not athletic reasons. That is the hurdle here. Most people don't know the whole story. That is very hard to prove when Early is across the bridge and he has been going to Brownwood for 13 years, oh and the fact that he practiced with Brownwood and played in a scrimmage. If he was moving 50 miles away, it owuld be a whole nutha story. ;)

injuredinmelee
08-25-2008, 01:28 PM
his mother was quoted as saying she couldnt afford to take him all the way to BHS every morning.

Lion
08-25-2008, 01:31 PM
He does have a brother and two sisters that go to Early....and have been for some time.

Old Tiger
08-25-2008, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by Rocket
The District committee has to "buy" that he moved for family reasons and academic reasons and not athletic reasons. That is the hurdle here. Most people don't know the whole story. That is very hard to prove when Early is across the bridge and he has been going to Brownwood for 13 years, oh and the fact that he practiced with Brownwood and played in a scrimmage. If he was moving 50 miles away, it owuld be a whole nutha story. ;) why would anyone move from such a powerhouse full of tradition to a small school? I smell scandal in Brownwood!

Rocket
08-25-2008, 01:41 PM
his mother was quoted as saying she couldnt afford to take him all the way to BHS every morning.

We'll see... ;)

injuredinmelee
08-25-2008, 01:44 PM
The only reason I care is that he will be a Horn... lol

BwdLions
08-25-2008, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
why would anyone move from such a powerhouse full of tradition to a small school? I smell scandal in Brownwood!

Did you mean you smell scandal in Early? Why would it be a scandal if he's leaving Brownwood?

Old Tiger
08-25-2008, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by BwdLions
Did you mean you smell scandal in Early? Why would it be a scandal if he's leaving Brownwood? fishy things would cause him to leave.....

Rocket
08-25-2008, 03:10 PM
fishy things would cause him to leave.....

Let's put it this way... It has nothing to do with football, BUT, it can't be proven.

block&tackle
08-25-2008, 04:09 PM
why would anyone move from such a powerhouse full of tradition to a small school? I smell scandal in Brownwood!
Sure it doesn't have anything to do with situation but....he will have a much better chance at a ring in Early this season.

daug
08-25-2008, 04:18 PM
I think Early will win with or without him. I hope he plays, he needs to get ready for next year.

Necks_Fan
08-25-2008, 04:22 PM
Say Rocket..... A good football loving man like yourself should have offered to give that kid a ride to school everyday to keep him there....

I mean..... now you have an excuse if they lose.....:D

JK...

Rocket
08-25-2008, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
Say Rocket..... A good football loving man like yourself should have offered to give that kid a ride to school everyday to keep him there....

I mean..... now you have an excuse if they lose.....:D

JK...

Dallas Ft. Worth here...

Eagle 1
08-25-2008, 06:33 PM
Cisco 35
Early 21
(with or without him)

Cameron Crazy
08-25-2008, 06:48 PM
The only reason I care is that he will be a Horn... lol Not so fast my friend, the rumor on the streets over at Rivals is that he decomitted and will not be going there.

daug
08-27-2008, 04:41 PM
Looks like this will be a good game, with Brownwood's best player suited up. Well, at least Burnet is happy.

Trashman
08-27-2008, 06:41 PM
They will only be happy till game time, then they will be in pain.:D

LHexPlayer
08-27-2008, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by Cameron Crazy
Not so fast my friend, the rumor on the streets over at Rivals is that he decomitted and will not be going there.

Not so fast my friend!!! Kenny posted there at 2:30 this afternoon and said himself that he is still committed. Not only that but he will be at UT in December. He is enrolling at midterm.

Matthew328
08-27-2008, 07:01 PM
anyone could have posted that he was Kenny and still committed....I have heard the same rumblings about KV....too many kids change their minds about that...so don't believe anything until he signs the LOI

LHexPlayer
08-27-2008, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
anyone could have posted that he was Kenny and still committed....I have heard the same rumblings about KV....too many kids change their minds about that...so don't believe anything until he signs the LOI

This is from his mothers rivals account. It is well known over there that it is him. They also talked to him Tuesday night and have quotes from him on that also. But you are right he can still change his mind anytime up until signing day.

mwynn05
08-27-2008, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by Gsquared
I believe he is i thought about makin the trip out there from denton but i think gas is just a little high

West22
08-27-2008, 08:50 PM
WORD OUT THAT KV WILL PLAY FRIDAY.

Snydertigersrul
08-27-2008, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by West22
WORD OUT THAT KV WILL PLAY FRIDAY.

If that is true, Rocket probably isn't too happy.

Ranger Mom
08-27-2008, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by Snydertigersrul
If that is true, Rocket probably isn't too happy.

It is true....check out the Kenny Vaccaro thread...(it may be on page 2 now)

daug
08-27-2008, 09:16 PM
He said something about Early having a carrot dangled in front of them. Well I think someone must have put that carrot somewhere in his person. Boy, it sux being wrong when you pop off as much as that joker. I bet those Early folks don't even have a clue how he talks crap about them.

wimbo_pro
08-27-2008, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by Cameron Crazy
Not so fast my friend, the rumor on the streets over at Rivals is that he decomitted and will not be going there.

This is getting very very messy.

trojan37
08-27-2008, 09:27 PM
Has anyone else noticed when the BWood posters joined, all the talk was about Vacarro. Now all of a sudden, glad he's gone and he shouldn't play a down of football all year from the same people. Strange.:thinking:

Ranger Mom
08-27-2008, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by trojan37
Has anyone else noticed when the BWood posters joined, all the talk was about Vacarro. Now all of a sudden, glad he's gone and he shouldn't play a down of football all year from the same people. Strange.:thinking:

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Rocket
08-27-2008, 09:33 PM

BIG LIE...

Talent wise, you have to love the kid. Stuff was going on that alot of us were not aware of. The good thing is he went down to 2A and we won't have to play against him. It is not that we are GLAD he is gone, it's just given our kids alot of unity. Hard to explain. I am glad it worked out for him and his future. That is all that really matters in all this.

We talked about Kenny some..but KV was not all we talked about. Far from it. I would think a Top 3 QB is priceless for any team. Pachall is the real deal and overall, the game is about the QB more than any other position. Losing him would have killed us. (killed us in 2005 when Jarrett Lee moved). Brownwood will be fine and be ready to to do what they need to do.

Snydertigersrul
08-27-2008, 09:36 PM
BIG LIE...

Talent wise, you have to love the kid. Stuff was going on that alot of us were not aware of. The good thing is he went down to 2A and we won't have to play against him. It is not that we are GLAD he is gone, it's just given our kids alot of unity. Hard to explain. I am glad it worked out for him and his future. That is all that really matters in all this.

We talked about Kenny some..but KV was not all we talked about. Far from it. I would think a Top 3 QB is priceless for any team. Pachall is the real deal and overall, the game is about the QB more than any other position. Losing him would have killed us. (killed us in 2005 when Jarrett Lee moved). Brownwood will be fine and be ready to to do what they need to do.

Sounds like Rocket is a little nervous. I'm hoping that the REAL story will come out soon. How can you lose one of the top players in the state and say it won't affect your team. MMMMMMM

trojan37
08-27-2008, 09:37 PM
Now that I got you stirred up Rocket:D , do you think Freeman starts tomorrow night for Baylor?

wimbo_pro
08-27-2008, 09:43 PM

...the game is about the QB more than any other position. Losing him would have killed us.

So..BW is one injury away from being "killed"? Hmmm....

Rocket
08-27-2008, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
So..BW is one injury away from being "killed"? Hmmm....
You know what I mean wimbo.. actually..we are sitting pretty at QB. Got a stud SOPH QB coming up... ;)

Snydertigersrul
08-27-2008, 09:46 PM
BIG LIE...

You need to talk with Case Keenum and asked him about playing Snyder

SNYDER 27, WYLIE 23
SNYDER 16, WYLIE 13

Rocket
08-27-2008, 09:47 PM
Now that I got you stirred up Rocket:D , do you think Freeman starts tomorrow night for Baylor?

I don't see why he wouldn't. I hope so. I am excited about this game and seeing Briles' system installed. Be funny if they make some noise.

Somebody said they always knew a Freeman would one day play for Briles! ha ha

Rocket
08-27-2008, 09:48 PM

SNYDER 27, WYLIE 23
SNYDER 16, WYLIE 13

Sorry dude...we beat them by more than you did, both times. Unless you are quoting JV scores... lol

wimbo_pro
08-27-2008, 09:50 PM
You know what I mean wimbo.. actually..we are sitting pretty at QB. Got a stud SOPH QB coming up... ;)

Yeah, I think I know what you mean. But with regards to LH, if you HAD to choose one, you are better off with your #1 defensive guy playing than you are with your #1 offensive guy playing. You gotta stop the ball control stranglehold they put on the opponent. I know that a good offense keeps their offense off the field...but it dont work that way against LH. They WILL get the ball, and you gotta stop em.

Ranger Mom
08-27-2008, 09:56 PM

SNYDER 27, WYLIE 23
SNYDER 16, WYLIE 13

I find it ironic that when someone throws a score back that Y'ALL lost that you say, "that was in the past, we are talking about the present" or something to that effect....yet you do it ALL THE TIME!!!

I find it harder and harder with each post you make to take you serious!!

Rocket
08-27-2008, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
Yeah, I think I know what you mean. But with regards to LH, if you HAD to choose one, you are better off with your #1 defensive guy playing than you are with your #1 offensive guy playing. You gotta stop the ball control stranglehold they put on the opponent. I know that a good offense keeps their offense off the field...but it dont work that way against LH. They WILL get the ball, and you gotta stop em.

Sure they will get the ball. after we score. We have a great defensive coordinator. He will have the kids ready. And yeah I am sure we will be in the backfield all night stirring up trouble. If this thing turns into a barn burner, Brownwood will win.

trojan37
08-27-2008, 09:59 PM
Your DC is new right? Wolfe is now the head coach at Hillsboro?

BwdLions
08-28-2008, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by Eagle 1
Cisco 35
Early 21
(with or without him)

I tend to agree with you on this score. However, I wouldn't be surprised to see Early win it either (with or without him).

BwdLions
08-28-2008, 09:23 AM

SNYDER 27, WYLIE 23
SNYDER 16, WYLIE 13

Come on snydertiger, wake up and come back into the present time with the rest of us. Good grief! :p

BwdLions
08-28-2008, 09:27 AM

Grow up trojan. Of course fans brag about players on their team. I would hope we all would. However, if one of your players leaves the team between scrimmages and enrolls at another school right before the season starts, do you expect us to be happy about it. What you say? Get a life. :mad:

BwdLion_80
08-28-2008, 11:10 AM
Your DC is new right? Wolfe is now the head coach at Hillsboro?

Woolf ended up not taking the job at Hillsboro. He is still the OL coach at Brownwood. DC is the same.

trojan37
08-28-2008, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by BwdLion_80
Woolf ended up not taking the job at Hillsboro. He is still the OL coach at Brownwood. DC is the same.

I just found that out in a local football preview in the Waco paper this morning. They got some guy from Odessa.