PDA

View Full Version : Brownwood will go 6-4 this year

cats 2008
08-24-2008, 09:10 PM
Mark it down.They are way overrated.

bigwood33
08-24-2008, 09:29 PM
Lay down the crack pipe and step away from the ledge! Their schedule IS awesome but they will be fine. My guess is that you have never been to Brownwood Lion football game. I won't go so far as to predict a state championship at this point but in about 4 weeks we will have a good idea how this years team stacks up. They will have played both LH and La Vega.

Rocket
08-24-2008, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by cats 2008

probably right... we suck.

cats 2008
08-24-2008, 09:48 PM
LH and la vega will beat them.I think burnet will beat them friday.

RunTheFollow
08-24-2008, 09:51 PM
Friday wont matter since they play the real game on Saturday.

popcorn screen
08-24-2008, 09:53 PM
They have a hard schedule for pre season, and looks like 3-4 tough district opponents. Even if they do win6, 7, or 8, they will be tough in the playoffs. All you have to do is get in, then make some noise.

bigwood33
08-24-2008, 10:09 PM
LH and la vega will beat them.I think burnet will beat them friday.

BWD wins by 3 scores over Burnet...marke it down!

CHS_89
08-24-2008, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by popcorn screen
They have a hard schedule for pre season, and looks like 3-4 tough district opponents. Even if they do win6, 7, or 8, they will be tough in the playoffs. All you have to do is get in, then make some noise.

Yep.

BILLYFRED0000
08-24-2008, 10:13 PM
I like bw to go 9 1 iin the regular season.
Probably finish 12-2 losing the region finals.

cats 2008
08-24-2008, 10:14 PM
bobcats;)

CHS_89
08-24-2008, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
I like bw to go 9 1 iin the regular season.
Probably finish 12-2 losing the region finals.

Who beats em billy?

navscanmaster
08-24-2008, 10:35 PM
As much as I would like to see Rocket eat crow (I say see, because I would drive to Brownwood to see him eat it, feathers and all), I think Brownwood will go 8-2 and advance until Liberty Hill beats them again in the playoffs. They will go undefeated in district play, but the four letter L words will be too much for them this year (LHHS and LVHS). Prove me wrong, Lions, because I know that other than me (a LH fan by proxy) there are plenty of people on this board that would get quiet satisfaction in seeing the Panthers go down.

Snydertigersrul
08-24-2008, 11:03 PM

Welcome to the board. I see by your post that you know a lot about football. With Vaccaro gone to Early, they will struggle to go 5-5.

Rocket
08-24-2008, 11:11 PM
LOL...

You have no earthly idea...

Soon..

pirate4state
08-24-2008, 11:27 PM
:doh: :doh: Not another thread.....sheesh!

navscanmaster
08-25-2008, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state

Man crushes are a bad thing. This is a family oriented board, guys, and that means no man love!

espn1
08-25-2008, 01:01 AM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
Man crushes are a bad thing. This is a family oriented board, guys, and that means no man love! Yep! Better break out the hand lotion on this thread also!

Nursebetty
08-25-2008, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by bigwood33
Lay down the crack pipe and step away from the ledge! Their schedule IS awesome but they will be fine. My guess is that you have never been to Brownwood Lion football game. I won't go so far as to predict a state championship at this point but in about 4 weeks we will have a good idea how this years team stacks up. They will have played both LH and La Vega.

Well, i have a feeling that La Vega is going to come out on top in that contest!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

garciap77
08-25-2008, 06:58 AM
LH and la vega will beat them.I think burnet will beat them friday ("our Sat").

And then Wylie will beat them 1st game of the season. So, your 6-4 makes sense!:D :D

Then Rocket will say:

Originally posted by Rocket
probably right... we suck.

Looking4number8
08-25-2008, 07:56 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state

NO kidding, even Brownwood people are tired of reading about Brownwood (good or bad) on the downlow.... but since I am posting I will give my prediction.

I dont think we will go 10-0 in the reg season but I think we will have a good year. Schedule is very tough.

I say some where between 6-4 and 8-2 in the regular season and if we are 6-4 we could loose one district game. With that being said, we will still be the top sead from our district in DII and make a strong run in the playoffs and hopefully will roll all the way into a December State title. No guarntee, no cockiness, just a little homer in me along with a little realizm

By the way, I hope AW stuggles and misses the playoffs, nothing personal against Wylie, I just think the road to state will be eaiser in DI this year.

.... let the bashing begin

cats 2008
08-25-2008, 07:59 AM
6-4 hide and watch:p

Lion_Addict
08-25-2008, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by espn1
Yep! Better break out the hand lotion on this thread also!

I need to bring that to the M&G Saturday? :eek: :p

Eagle 1
08-25-2008, 09:22 AM
I'm going to watch Brownwood play Burnet at the Alamodome next Saturday and I'll make an assessment then, but.....I would be willing to bet they will finish higher than 6-4 this year.

Rocket
08-25-2008, 09:24 AM
6-4 hide and watch:p

In 2002, Brownwood went 6-4. Also went to the Semifinals in 4A in 2002. What's your point? We also played our first game of the 2002 Season in the Alamodome. ;)

BwdLions
08-25-2008, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by Eagle 1
I'm going to watch Brownwood play Burnet at the Alamodome next Saturday and I'll make an assessment then, but.....I would be willing to bet they will finish higher than 6-4 this year.

I think secretly cat 2008 thinks we will finish with a better record than that too. He just wants to get his licks in now. :cool:

Lion_Addict
08-25-2008, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by BwdLions
I think secretly cat 2008 thinks we will finish with a better record than that too. He just wants to get his licks in now. :cool:

:thinking: :devil:

DELETED BY LION_ADDICT.......just a little too crabby this Monday morning. Sorry :doh:

wimbo_pro
08-25-2008, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by lookingfornumbe
With that being said, we will still be the top sead from our district in DII and make a strong run in the playoffs and hopefully will roll all the way into a December State title.

DII?? Brownwood? How is that possible if they JUST dropped to 3A? What am I missing here?

Lion_Addict
08-25-2008, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
DII?? Brownwood? How is that possible if they JUST dropped to 3A? What am I missing here?

Wylie still Big School. That is if they were to even make the playoffs :thinking: :devil:

Ranger Mom
08-25-2008, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by Snydertigersrul
Welcome to the board. I see by your post that you know a lot about football. .

OMG!!! Not that I ever really did, but I will NEVER be able to take anything you say seriously anymore after the above statement!!!!

Rocket
08-25-2008, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by Lion_Addict
Wylie still Big School. That is if they were to even make the playoffs :thinking: :devil:

Yep. A little background info... We should have been 3A in the last realignment. Katrina hit and we had alot of move ins to Brownwood. It was a timing thing. We were like 25 kids over the cutoff when the enrollment numbers were submitted for 2006. Alot of those kids came and went.

Now we are even less and yes, Abilene Wylie had a bigger enrollment than 4A Brownwood last season.

:doh: UIL is yet to put Wylie in 4A and Wylie ALWAYS seems to have just the right amount of students to remain 3A. Funny..

nobogey72
08-25-2008, 11:39 AM

It is confusing, but the reality of it is that lots of Brownwood athletes are now moving to Early, which is why their numbers are below Wylies'. I heard at the Whataburger that the main reason that they are leaving BW and going to Early is because BW's offseason program is too "rinky-dink", and that the Early stadium is nicer, Early has more tradition, etc. etc.:D

espn1
08-25-2008, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by nobogey72
It is confusing, but the reality of it is that lots of Brownwood athletes are now moving to Early, which is why their numbers are below Wylies'. I heard at the Whataburger that the main reason that they are leaving BW and going to Early is because BW's offseason program is too "rinky-dink", and that the Early stadium is nicer, Early has more tradition, etc. etc.:D
LMAO!:D :D :D

RedWhiteBlue
08-25-2008, 11:45 AM
Bogey you are hitting the sauce early this morning aren't you?..... OMG!!!!!!!:clap: :crazy1: :D

espn1
08-25-2008, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by Lion_Addict
I need to bring that to the M&G Saturday? :eek: :p I'm using that Metaphorically! Please leave all hand lotion at home!:D :D :D

Old Tiger
08-25-2008, 11:46 AM
It is confusing, but the reality of it is that lots of Brownwood athletes are now moving to Early, which is why their numbers are below Wylies'. I heard at the Whataburger that the main reason that they are leaving BW and going to Early is because BW's offseason program is too "rinky-dink", and that the Early stadium is nicer, Early has more tradition, etc. etc.:D hahahahhahahahahha

Rocket
08-25-2008, 11:48 AM

Can't wait for District...

nobogey72
08-25-2008, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by RedWhiteBlue
Bogey you are hitting the sauce early this morning aren't you?..... OMG!!!!!!!:clap: :crazy1: :D

Yeah, I know! Sometimes I even crack my ownself up. :cool:

garciap77
08-25-2008, 12:04 PM

If you heard on the Whataburger; then it's money in the bank!:D

And if Brownwood is so great; then why are someone BW posters wanting Wylie to misses the play-offs so BW can go to Div I?

.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ..............................
By the way, I hope AW stuggles and misses the playoffs, nothing personal against Wylie, I just think the road to state will be eaiser in DI this year.

.... let the bashing begin

nobogey72
08-25-2008, 12:16 PM
Yep. A little background info... We should have been 3A in the last realignment. Katrina hit and we had alot of move ins to Brownwood. It was a timing thing. We were like 25 kids over the cutoff when the enrollment numbers were submitted for 2006. Alot of those kids came and went.

Now we are even less and yes, Abilene Wylie had a bigger enrollment than 4A Brownwood last season.

:doh: UIL is yet to put Wylie in 4A and Wylie ALWAYS seems to have just the right amount of students to remain 3A. Funny..

wa wa wa wa!!!! If you were a woman I would tell you to take some Midol and lay down and take a nap. Since I'm assuming you are male, I will just suggest some self-esteem therapy and maybe a Dale Carnegie course or two.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D

Texasfootball2
08-25-2008, 12:29 PM

Funny, It's freaky hilarious:D :D :D :cheerl: :crazy1: seeing as Wylie has only been the biggest 3A school one time. They usually are barely in the top ten of enrollment for 3A. Would you like a little cheeze with your Whine!:)

Rocket
08-25-2008, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2
Funny, It's freaky hilarious:D :D :D :cheerl: :crazy1: seeing as Wylie has only been the biggest 3A school one time. They usually are barely in the top ten of enrollment for 3A. Would you like a little cheeze with your Whine!:)

LOL
Yes, please. :cool:

freaky hilarious? hmmm.

Lion_Addict
08-25-2008, 01:18 PM
Hilariously gettin freaky wid it?:twitch:

BwdLions
08-25-2008, 02:03 PM

:blahblah:

BILLYFRED0000
08-25-2008, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by CHS_89
Who beats em billy?

LH beats them. AFter that there will be some close ones.

Looking4number8
08-25-2008, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by garciap77

And if Brownwood is so great; then why are someone BW posters wanting Wylie to misses the play-offs so BW can go to Div I?

Not some Brownwood posters.. me.. My daughter is a senior cheerleader and I want her to experience a state championship and I dont care how we get it.. does that make me selfish... maybe but that is what I want!

nobogey72
08-25-2008, 03:04 PM
Not some Brownwood posters.. me.. My daughter is a senior cheerleader and I want her to experience a state championship and I dont care how we get it.. does that make me selfish... maybe but that is what I want!

Is it too late for her to transfer to Early?:D

Seriously, I hope your daughter has a great Senior yr. State Champs or not I'll bet she will have a great yr to remember.:)

Lion_Addict
08-25-2008, 03:05 PM

There's Brownwood posters here that want Wylie to miss the playoffs or even think that they might not possibly get in? Hmmmm :thinking: .....the nerve. :p :D

Rocket
08-25-2008, 03:06 PM
LH beats them. AFter that there will be some close ones.

Not so fast buddy...

Looking4number8
08-25-2008, 03:13 PM

Seriously, I hope your daughter has a great Senior yr. State Champs or not I'll bet she will have a great yr to remember.:)

Thanks nobogey... She is a great kid so I am sure she will but I appreciate the kind words... By the way, she also plays softball so she will get to compete against Wylie a little in the spring

daug
08-25-2008, 04:21 PM
Then maybe she should transfer, I hear Early plays some mean softball.

Looking4number8
08-25-2008, 04:37 PM
Sorry.. she is Brownwood to the bone... I raised her right!!

Snydertigersrul
08-25-2008, 06:03 PM
Is it too late for her to transfer to Early?:D

If she transfers to Early, she will be a part of a state championship.

Looking4number8
08-25-2008, 06:12 PM
but purple... come on who in there right mind would transfer if it forced you to wear purple.. Can anybody ever really look good in purple?

By the way, her boyfriend goes to Early.. I always have fun with him and make him leave his Early cap outside. Gotta admit, he is a good kid and takes the ribbing well.

Rocket
08-25-2008, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by Snydertigersrul
If she transfers to Early, she will be a part of a state championship.

Must be sad to know your state championship hopes graduated last season... and when you had him, you couldn't even hang with Celina. Wow... how can you be optimistic about the season?

BILLYFRED0000
08-25-2008, 06:57 PM
Must be sad to know your state championship hopes graduated last season... and when you had him, you couldn't even hang with Celina. Wow... how can you be optimistic about the season?

Suffice it to say that not everyone was as good as we were last year. Are we going to be that good this year? Who can say.
LH was that good last year for sure.

popcorn screen
08-25-2008, 07:07 PM
IMO - - Losing a guy who has signed with a major D1 school will hurt any program. Don't fool yourself. Wish both sides well.

sweetwater07
08-25-2008, 08:10 PM
i'ma be at LH on the 19th to watch Brownwood get beat

Rocket
08-25-2008, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by sweetwater07
i'ma be at LH on the 19th to watch Brownwood get beat

Good, come and get you some...

West22
08-25-2008, 08:19 PM
People in Brownwood are saying that Early has some move in players from Stephenville and some other schools as well.Early has a very good school system and has good sucess the last few years .As far as tridition is concerned Brownwood far excedes laVega ,Liberty Hill ,Celina ,Cureo,or Burnet in that area..Let any of them lose a game or two and their tridition will go out the door.Brownwood has played Waco High ,Copperas Cove,and Midway the last few years so the boys are use to competion.The one advantage that the Liberty Hill ,Celina , Cureo teams have is that the weak schedules and districts they are in means they have to get up for a game very seldom due to the weak competion so they usually have pretty good records .I have no dog in this hunt ,but would like to see the above teams play in the Wos or Bownwood dist and see how well they perform.This might calm them down a little so they would get off Brownwood back .I really belive that their fear is showing.

cats 2008
08-25-2008, 08:25 PM
Celina 68 in a row 8 rings:thinking:

BILLYFRED0000
08-25-2008, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by West22
People in Brownwood are saying that Early has some move in players from Stephenville and some other schools as well.Early has a very good school system and has good sucess the last few years .As far as tridition is concerned Brownwood far excedes laVega ,Liberty Hill ,Celina ,Cureo,or Burnet in that area..Let any of them lose a game or two and their tridition will go out the door.Brownwood has played Waco High ,Copperas Cove,and Midway the last few years so the boys are use to competion.The one advantage that the Liberty Hill ,Celina , Cureo teams have is that the weak schedules and districts they are in means they have to get up for a game very seldom due to the weak competion so they usually have pretty good records .I have no dog in this hunt ,but would like to see the above teams play in the Wos or Bownwood dist and see how well they perform.This might calm them down a little so they would get off Brownwood back .I really belive that their fear is showing.

I do not want you to miss this fact but it is quite simple. In the last 50 years overall or by decade there are four schools that appear in the top ten in the state all classifications with either the most wins or best winning percentage or both. And Brownwood is not one of them.

Celina, Southlake Carroll, La Marque are 3 of them and Celina was number one on that list 3 times starting with the last ten years the last 20 and 40 years at number one. I think that would not be classified as a short term deal. Brownwood does not make that list but once in the top 10 over the same time frame. Not knocking their tradition mind you. But they are not the only ones in the state with a long and storied tradition.

Rocket
08-25-2008, 09:10 PM
Celina 68 in a row 8 rings:thinking:

2A? Wow..good job.

cats 2008
08-25-2008, 09:14 PM
68 in a row is good anytime.1a-5a

Rocket
08-25-2008, 09:19 PM
I do not want you to miss this fact but it is quite simple. In the last 50 years overall or by decade there are four schools that appear in the top ten in the state all classifications with either the most wins or best winning percentage or both. And Brownwood is not one of them.

Celina, Southlake Carroll, La Marque are 3 of them and Celina was number one on that list 3 times starting with the last ten years the last 20 and 40 years at number one. I think that would not be classified as a short term deal. Brownwood does not make that list but once in the top 10 over the same time frame. Not knocking their tradition mind you. But they are not the only ones in the state with a long and storied tradition.

LOL... WHO HAVE YOU PLAYED IN THE LAST 10 YEARS??? Good job..you are king of the Mighty 2A's...wow..yippee... Celina shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence as SLC. But you guys could have beat them, right?

BILLYFRED0000
08-25-2008, 09:40 PM
LOL... WHO HAVE YOU PLAYED IN THE LAST 10 YEARS??? Good job..you are king of the Mighty 2A's...wow..yippee... Celina shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence as SLC. But you guys could have beat them, right?

Just for fun I will take that bite. A championship is special no matter what the venue or opponent. IF it is not special for us then what you did has no meaning either. We do have titles in 3 classifications. Plano has them in all classifications. You play who you line up against and you win. That is all you can do. And Celina has had to play a lot of good teams to have that many wins. Whether you like it or not.

Eagle 1
08-25-2008, 09:47 PM

Mighty 2A's?
Celina could have and did beat most 3A teams, a lot of 4A teams and some 5A teams in the past 10 years.
I think Celina would give SLC a run for their money, I dont know if they could beat them.
Incidently, Goldthwaite is now 1A, put a but whooping on 3A Burnet the last time they played in 94 by a score of 32-0.
Lets see what Brownwood does.

CHS_89
08-25-2008, 09:50 PM

Doubt we could beat SLC, but it would be close, lol. Rocket, we hear this argument every year so this is nothing new. You think Brownwood could go 68 wins in a row, 4 titles in a row if you played in 2a? You or I don't know the answer to that. Regardless, it's still impressive isn't it no matter what classification?

Funny you should mention who we've played over the past 10 years. Celina is the winningest high school football program in Texas the last ten years with a 143-7 record. What you got for a record over the past 10 years? Don't forget, we've been in 3a now for a while, state game two years in a row. Lost one to a great LH team and won one against a pretty good China Springs squad.

No doubt it's gonna be interesting with BW in the mix. I don't know anything about your team this year and I wish you the best. I look forward to the weeks to come to see how all this plays out cause that's what people like you and I do.

Rocket
08-25-2008, 10:05 PM
Doubt we could beat SLC, but it would be close, lol. Rocket, we hear this argument every year so this is nothing new. You think Brownwood could go 68 wins in a row, 4 titles in a row if you played in 2a? You or I don't know the answer to that. Regardless, it's still impressive isn't it no matter what classification?

Funny you should mention who we've played over the past 10 years. Celina is the winningest high school football program in Texas the last ten years with a 143-7 record. What you got for a record over the past 10 years? Don't forget, we've been in 3a now for a while, state game two years in a row. Lost one to a great LH team and won one against a pretty good China Springs squad.

No doubt it's gonna be interesting with BW in the mix. I don't know anything about your team this year and I wish you the best. I look forward to the weeks to come to see how all this plays out cause that's what people like you and I do.

For what you have done in your class and in the last few years, I give you respect. But to say what have you done Brownwood in the last 10 years? LOL come on now... Like you said, can't accurately compare that. Brownwood has been down somewhat, but we still win.

I really do think it is hilarious that Celina fans think they could have beaten or even come close to beating those great SLC teams. That is some funny stuff. That is where you are losing grip on reality.

Rocket
08-25-2008, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by Eagle 1
Mighty 2A's?
Celina could have and did beat most 3A teams, a lot of 4A teams and some 5A teams in the past 10 years.
I think Celina would give SLC a run for their money, I dont know if they could beat them.
Incidently, Goldthwaite is now 1A, put a but whooping on 3A Burnet the last time they played in 94 by a score of 32-0.
Lets see what Brownwood does.

Goldthwaite had some good football in the early 90's...

BILLYFRED0000
08-25-2008, 10:14 PM
I know one other thing about the bobcats that makes them special. I coach the little guys and enjoy it. They are all great boys with good parents who most of them come to all the practices as well as the games. I take great pride in the fact that they allow men like me to work with their children because I enjoy it so much. I give those boys the best I have because they deserve it. And because one day some of those boys will be bobcats. And I want them to grow up understanding the same thing I see year in and out for these
champions. Heart, Desire, Character. Whether we win or lose we play with character. We knock you down as hard as we can. Then we help you up and go at it again. I wish you all the best because I want to see everyone learn that it is not winning but how you play the game. If you win like we do the more the better. Good Luck Rocket and BW. I hope you have a great season and no serious injuries.

CHS_89
08-25-2008, 10:20 PM
Ditto on the no serious injuries statement.

Rocket
08-25-2008, 11:13 PM
I know one other thing about the bobcats that makes them special. I coach the little guys and enjoy it. They are all great boys with good parents who most of them come to all the practices as well as the games. I take great pride in the fact that they allow men like me to work with their children because I enjoy it so much. I give those boys the best I have because they deserve it. And because one day some of those boys will be bobcats. And I want them to grow up understanding the same thing I see year in and out for these
champions. Heart, Desire, Character. Whether we win or lose we play with character. We knock you down as hard as we can. Then we help you up and go at it again. I wish you all the best because I want to see everyone learn that it is not winning but how you play the game. If you win like we do the more the better. Good Luck Rocket and BW. I hope you have a great season and no serious injuries.

I hope we get to play in the Semis... it would be a great Texas High School matchup. As far as injuries, same to ya'll and lets have some fun!

SNYDER325TIGERS
08-25-2008, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by Rocket Not so fast buddy... Naw Rocket buddy, I seriously would idk lol if you guys beat LH...I mean anyone can win but with LH's history in the past few years they have you guys beat by 14+.

SNYDER325TIGERS
08-25-2008, 11:21 PM
For what you have done in your class and in the last few years, I give you respect. But to say what have you done Brownwood in the last 10 years? LOL come on now... Like you said, can't accurately compare that. Brownwood has been down somewhat, but we still win.

I really do think it is hilarious that Celina fans think they could have beaten or even come close to beating those great SLC teams. That is some funny stuff. That is where you are losing grip on reality.

Yea I agree!

Celina is no dout a good team, or was last year but not good enough to beat SLC or Abilene High at that.

garciap77
08-26-2008, 06:53 AM

:iagree: :iagree: :iagree:

Can not blame you for that! I hope you do get that state title! In fact I hope we both get that state title Div I & Div II. I always pull for our district once pre-season & playoffs start! Do not get me wrong I do not dislike Brownwood. It's all about having fun; and you are the new kids on the block!:)

garciap77
08-26-2008, 07:02 AM
but purple... come on who in there right mind would transfer if it forced you to wear purple.. Can anybody ever really look good in purple?

By the way, her boyfriend goes to Early.. I always have fun with him and make him leave his Early cap outside. Gotta admit, he is a good kid and takes the ribbing well.

And here I thought they were leaving because of the nice purple uniforms Early has........................

YES!

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/DSC_4059.jpg

LH Panther Mom
08-26-2008, 07:30 AM
And here I thought they were leaving because of the nice purple uniforms Early has........................

YES!

Purple is a nice color, isn't it? :D

http://img368.imageshack.us/img368/7371/gotrings1of0.jpg

garciap77
08-26-2008, 07:39 AM
Those rings rock!:)

Originally posted by LH Panther Mom

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/images.jpg

BILLYFRED0000
08-26-2008, 08:38 AM

I really like the second one. That one was in dctf mag and it looks like panther eyes to me......

RedWhiteBlue
08-26-2008, 08:46 AM
2A? Wow..good job.
I have asked you this before and you never answered me. Do you think a state championship in 3A, 4A or 5A is better than a state championship in 2A? Do you think that the kids in the higher classes are better than the ones in 2A- that they don't work as hard? Do you think they are more talented or that the coaches are better? What is with you?

Lion_Addict
08-26-2008, 09:14 AM

Nice! I think both of 'em are purty sharp :)

wimbo_pro
08-26-2008, 10:20 AM
I have asked you this before and you never answered me. Do you think a state championship in 3A, 4A or 5A is better than a state championship in 2A? Do you think that the kids in the higher classes are better than the ones in 2A- that they don't work as hard? Do you think they are more talented or that the coaches are better? What is with you?

If I can jump in on this question...

I dont think that a state championship in any classification is "better" than a championship in any another classification, however....

Yes, I do beleive the kids in the higher classifications are better, on average. Of course they work just as hard, but you know as well as i do that the sheer numbers make the odds of having more kids that are bigger, faster, stronger much more probable in the big schools. It's just a fact....go read the stats sheets.

Regarding the coaching...taken as a group, I would also have to say the better coaches are in the bigger classifications. Not as a rule....on average. It's a natural progression cuz thats where the money is (again, on average).

cats 2008
08-26-2008, 10:56 AM
good post

RedWhiteBlue
08-26-2008, 11:06 AM
If I can jump in on this question...

I dont think that a state championship in any classification is "better" than a championship in any another classification, however....

Yes, I do beleive the kids in the higher classifications are better, on average. Of course they work just as hard, but you know as well as i do that the sheer numbers make the odds of having more kids that are bigger, faster, stronger much more probable in the big schools. It's just a fact....go read the stats sheets.

Regarding the coaching...taken as a group, I would also have to say the better coaches are in the bigger classifications. Not as a rule....on average. It's a natural progression cuz thats where the money is (again, on average).
Thanks for your input. And you do make some good points (on average), some of your opinions I disagree with. But I still want a response from Rocket. Okay, take away that there may be more talent and such in the higher classifications......
He (Rodney) has insinuated at least twice now that 2A state championships are not as significant as a 3A or higher. :thinking: Just a question.... that's it.:D

wimbo_pro
08-26-2008, 11:15 AM

He (Rodney) has insinuated at least twice now that 2A state championships are not as significant as a 3A or higher. :thinking: Just a question.... that's it.:D

I hear you. Thats just silly. Just like saying a baseball or volleyball or basketball championship is not as significant as football, right? It might not be as significant to one person, but it definitely is just as significant to those involved!!!

Rocket
08-26-2008, 11:23 AM

Heck no.. a state championship is special no matter what. They are hard to win no matter what (relevant only to the respective classification). Now, they are easier to win given the 2 Divisions now. I think the coaching is probably better in the higher classifications (overall) by default because of the way the coaching world works (better coaches moving up to 4A and 5A after success in 2A and 3A) and the HIGHER level of competition, because I know firsthand of this, being brought up by a coach and having coached for 4 years myself. It could also be argued that a 5A State Championship is harder to win than a 2A Championship. It's apples and oranges, but I think the competition is on a whole nutha level up there. So no, Celina of the 90's could not hang with the SLC of the 00's. Not even close. Would be a flat out rompin'.

To sum it up, when you start comparing a butt load of 2A State Championships to a buttload of 5A State Championships, who is better and who beat better teams overall? It is an argument that can't be won. The only thing that can't be taken away is tradition and winning IN 2A and a little 3A, which is what Celina has. Yes, they won. Yes, they have 8 State Championships. BUT, you can't really throw that in the face of teams that haven't played in 2A. What would Brownwood have done in 2A? We'll never know... What would Celina have done in 4A? We may never know (anytime soon). This all started when BILLY started saying they are or were 1st in the state in success and started throwing his name around with the likes of SLC and LaMarque... Celina may have the stats, but they need to remember that they didn't play either one of those teams (Thank God that they didn't for their sake). When tooting their own horn they need to do it with within the confines of their calssification... just add a (in 2A) to the end of it and I will be happy.

That's just my 2 cents...

Rocket
08-26-2008, 11:28 AM
Thanks for your input. And you do make some good points (on average), some of your opinions I disagree with. But I still want a response from Rocket. Okay, take away that there may be more talent and such in the higher classifications......

I love it when people put words in my mouth and then call me out on it..

navscanmaster
08-26-2008, 11:35 AM
Heck no.. a state championship is special no matter what. They are hard to win no matter what (relevant only to the respective classification). Now, they are easier to win given the 2 Divisions now. I think the coaching is probably better in the higher classifications (overall) by default because of the way the coaching world works (better coaches moving up to 4A and 5A after success in 2A and 3A) and the HIGHER level of competition, because I know firsthand of this, being brought up by a coach and having coached for 4 years myself. It could also be argued that a 5A State Championship is harder to win than a 2A Championship. It's apples and oranges, but I think the competition is on a whole nutha level up there. So no, Celina of the 90's could not hang with the SLC of the 00's. Not even close. Would be a flat out rompin'.

To sum it up, when you start comparing a butt load of 2A State Championships to a buttload of 5A State Championships, who is better and who beat better teams overall? It is an argument that can't be won. The only thing that can't be taken away is tradition and winning IN 2A and a little 3A, which is what Celina has. Yes, they won. Yes, they have 8 State Championships. BUT, you can't really throw that in the face of teams that haven't played in 2A. What would Brownwood have done in 2A? We'll never know... What would Celina have done in 4A? We may never know (anytime soon). This all started when BILLY started saying they are or were 1st in the state in success and started throwing his name around with the likes of SLC and LaMarque... Celina may have the stats, but they need to remember that they didn't play either one of those teams (Thank God that they didn't for their sake). When tooting their own horn they need to do it with within the confines of their calssification... just add a (in 2A) to the end of it and I will be happy.

That's just my 2 cents...

But then you have to consider this also, Rocket. Lets say you put Brownwood in 2A. That means you have to lose at least 480 kids from your enrollment, and you know they won't all be nerds and girls. Now how do the chances of dominating 2A schools look? Lets say you take a currently dominate Celina team and add 500-600 kids, which is what it would take to get them up to the 4A level. With the added depth and talent from sheer numbers, should they be able to compete with good 4As and average 5As now? Its all relative to size. I know you know this already, but you haven't really said so yet.;)

Ranger Mom
08-26-2008, 11:36 AM
I love it when people put words in my mouth and then call me out on it..

You do???

Awesome!!:D :D

cats 2008
08-26-2008, 11:38 AM
thats right

RedWhiteBlue
08-26-2008, 11:39 AM
2A? Wow..good job.
You put the words there and if I had a few more moments to look up the others I would. Thanks for the response, it was a nice one- until you fired back with the 'typical' Rocket Response.
Do you even read the posts you respond to??

Rocket
08-26-2008, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
But then you have to consider this also, Rocket. Lets say you put Brownwood in 2A. That means you have to lose at least 480 kids from your enrollment, and you know they won't all be nerds and girls. Now how do the chances of dominating 2A schools look? Lets say you take a currently dominate Celina team and add 500-600 kids, which is what it would take to get them up to the 4A level. With the added depth and talent from sheer numbers, should they be able to compete with good 4As and average 5As now? Its all relative to size. I know you know this already, but you haven't really said so yet.;)

I haven't said so yet? I think the majority of my posts are related to enrollment (guys back me up on this)...LOL And when I do throw enrollment into any argument people call me a crybaby (after what we have put up with as far as enrollemnt goes and it being lopsided the last 4 years in our District).

You make good points...and that is what I meant when I said what would Brownwood do in 2A and what would Celina do in 4A?

:thinking:

Rocket
08-26-2008, 11:40 AM
You put them there and if I had a few more moments to look up the others I would. Thanks for the response, it was a nice one- until you fired back with the 'typical' Rocket Response.

Just messing around Red...
I also never said one was better than the other or one meant more than the other. I have said that all state championships are worth something (before my last post). You can go back and find that one while you are at it.

:inlove:

RedWhiteBlue
08-26-2008, 11:43 AM
NM

Rocket
08-26-2008, 11:44 AM
You put the words there and if I had a few more moments to look up the others I would. Thanks for the response, it was a nice one- until you fired back with the 'typical' Rocket Response.
Do you even read the posts you respond to??

I think I answered everything you asked in your QUESTION for me.. didn't I?

Texasfootball2
08-26-2008, 12:11 PM

YES!

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/DSC_4059.jpg

I kind of like the purple, especially #2

garciap77
08-26-2008, 12:30 PM
I kind of like the purple, especially #2 :2thumbsup :2thumbsup

CHS_89
08-26-2008, 12:53 PM

#79 looks like a hoss. But the guy behind him (#78 I think) looks even bigger. What are you feeding those guys over there in Wylie.

cshscougar08
08-26-2008, 01:11 PM
Gah this is so funny listening to you Celina and Brownwood people go back and forth. I'm hoping ya'll meet in the state semifinals. That would be amazing. And also create some awesome bashing back and forth. As if we don't have that already. :D

bulldog64
08-26-2008, 01:48 PM
Maybe you Brownwood folks can answer. My pal in Early was talking about a meeting that the District? is having tonight over a star player that maybe lives in Early but plays for BW and maybe his brother is in Early? Not sure I got it alright, but he was saying their might be a UIL violation or something and some star m ay not get too play. Anyone in BW know anything about that?

bulldog64
08-26-2008, 01:50 PM
Just to clarify, I`m not starting a rumour or nothing, just curious as we started talking football, which is off subject for us, and he started telling me how the communities don`t really see eye to eye on sports stuff and started telling me about the meeting they called for tonight and the other district schools were complaining or something to that affect. JUst curious as if it pertains to Early or Brownwood.

Texasfootball2
08-26-2008, 02:06 PM
#79 looks like a hoss. But the guy behind him (#78 I think) looks even bigger. What are you feeding those guys over there in Wylie. #79 was a Junior ( about 290 ) #78 was a senior who moved to Wylie from Throckmorton when he was a freshman. Lucky for him too, because he doesn't look like a six man player does he? That particular picture has five juniors on the field. #2 is in a Tech uniform and #18 is wearing a McMurray uniform this fall. #12 is one of the best players in the big country this fall, LB Jesse Jennings. He's worth the price of admission to watch.

nobogey72
08-26-2008, 02:31 PM
Just messing around Red...
I also never said one was better than the other or one meant more than the other. I have said that all state championships are worth something (before my last post). You can go back and find that one while you are at it.

:inlove:

Yes you did. You were responding to the guy from Celina and you said something to the effect of ----Oh Boy 8 2A state champs whoop de doo. Not only do you shoot your mouth off too much, you have got a bad memory. You need some kind of medication--memory loss, mood enhancer, anti-psychotic drug of some kind, and probably some Preparation H---- because after you pull your head out, there's lible to be some swelling. No offense---just some observations and constructive criticism. I have my faults too--- such as--- sometimes I'm just plain too smart and it tends to make others around me feel inferior. :D :D :taunt: :taunt:

Rocket
08-26-2008, 02:51 PM
Yes you did. You were responding to the guy from Celina and you said something to the effect of ----Oh Boy 8 2A state champs whoop de doo. Not only do you shoot your mouth off too much, you have got a bad memory. You need some kind of medication--memory loss, mood enhancer, anti-psychotic drug of some kind, and probably some Preparation H---- because after you pull your head out, there's lible to be some swelling. No offense---just some observations and constructive criticism. I have my faults too--- such as--- sometimes I'm just plain too smart and it tends to make others around me feel inferior. :D :D :taunt: :taunt:

Yeah my memory is bad.. and?

And you don't shoot your mouth off? That's the pot callling the kettle black or are you the messageboard police trying to keep me in check? Good luck with all that... LOL

You must think I am serious. I have said many times that I am having fun and just pushing some buttons and talking smack... you need to really calm down... take some hormone pills and get stable..sheesh..

Rocket
08-26-2008, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by bulldog64
Maybe you Brownwood folks can answer. My pal in Early was talking about a meeting that the District? is having tonight over a star player that maybe lives in Early but plays for BW and maybe his brother is in Early? Not sure I got it alright, but he was saying their might be a UIL violation or something and some star m ay not get too play. Anyone in BW know anything about that?

This is old news, my friend. All went down last week. The meeting is being held tonight to discuss if a player from Brownwood will be able to move to Early and play. He has already transfered to Early and has been practicing with them and even played in a scrimmage with them. The District Exec Committee meets to vote if he will be eligible to play (basically if he moved for football or not, and they will have to provide proof that he did not move for football reasons).

He "was" a D-1 recruit until he decommitted to UT this week. You will have to do some research on the board to find the threads talking about it.

Rocket
08-26-2008, 02:58 PM

Was that the team on the field the last 2 seasons when Brownwood beat 'em? 1 year with a Soph QB at your place? LOL...

Daddy D 11
08-26-2008, 03:10 PM
Was that the team on the field the last 2 seasons when Brownwood beat 'em? 1 year with a Soph QB at your place? LOL...

You're a Clown..

Texasfootball2
08-26-2008, 03:12 PM

Excuse me, but if they had left that Soph in the game at QB Wylie would have won by double digits. Until they took him out Wylie was having their way with the Lions. It was #11 who came in and Bwood went to an option game that caught Wylie by surprised that won that game for Brownwood, and Wylie had the ball first and goal on the 4 yardline at the end of the game with a chance to win anyway. But to answer you question YES, the seniors in that picture where juniors. And it was at Shotwell, not our place.

Last years game was very competitive and could have went either way. If you were there is didn't see it that way then your beyond bias, but after reading most of your post I'd say your that way anyway.

Rocket
08-26-2008, 03:20 PM
Excuse me, but if they had left that Soph in the game at QB Wylie would have won by double digits. Until they took him out Wylie was having their way with the Lions. It was #11 who came in and Bwood went to an option game that caught Wylie by surprised that won that game for Brownwood, and Wylie had the ball first and goal on the 4 yardline at the end of the game with a chance to win anyway. But to answer you question YES, the seniors in that picture where juniors. And it was at Shotwell, not our place.

Last years game was very competitive and could have went either way. If you were there is didn't see it that way then your beyond bias, but after reading most of your post I'd say your that way anyway.

Me bias? Come on now...LOL

Yeah you're right...we put Munsen in after the Soph struggled. Either way, Wylie got their butt beat, just like last year.

Yes, I was at the game last season. It wasn't what I would call a great game, by any stretch. That late run gave you some hope, and that made me a little nervous. But other than that, wasn't much of a game. IMO

I also remember the huge hit that got put on that Wylie kid at the end of the first game we played. OUCH. Denied.

Texasfootball2
08-26-2008, 03:29 PM
Me bias? Come on now...LOL

Yeah you're right...we put Munsen in after the Soph struggled. Either way, Wylie got their butt beat, just like last year.

Yes, I was at the game last season. It wasn't what I would call a great game, by any stretch. That late run gave you some hope, and that made me a little nervous. But other than that, wasn't much of a game. IMO

I also remember the huge hit that got put on that Wylie kid at the end of the first game we played. OUCH. Denied.

Do you also remember the "only" holding call of the entire game after Wylie threw a pass down to the "2" yardline with about 2:00 minutes remaining.

What am I talking about, there noway you would probably remember that.

I only say that because it was a huge call. I have never once made it an excuse to lose, but I couldn't resist throwing it your way since were on the topic.

Rocket
08-26-2008, 04:35 PM
Do you also remember the "only" holding call of the entire game after Wylie threw a pass down to the "2" yardline with about 2:00 minutes remaining.

What am I talking about, there noway you would probably remember that.

I only say that because it was a huge call. I have never once made it an excuse to lose, but I couldn't resist throwing it your way since were on the topic.

Honestly, I wasn't at the first game. Can't wait until we play in District..gonna be a big one!