PDA

View Full Version : After second scrimmage 3A state wide report

WOS1
08-24-2008, 03:32 PM
Please give updates on 3A teams you have seen scrimmage other than the team you support so as to avoid homerism's. List the team you support, then a short summary of other 3A teams you've seen.

I support WOS.

Silsbee- QB is good, but they lost quite a bit on both lines and they are not very big, which is unusual for them. It could be a long season for them or at least tough in the beginning. They do have some good skill people and speed. This may be their saving grace early on.

Jasper- big, physical and their QB is a force. He can run and throw making him a double threat. Jasper's defense is tough and very physical. They will score a bunch and give up very little this year. Brooks has turned that program around and I look for them to go very deep.

gatordaze
08-24-2008, 03:36 PM
Bridgeport has a good size o-line and very capable QB and one receiver in particular that is the real deal. Offensively a passing threat. Defensively, not able to stop the run.

Rocket
08-24-2008, 03:39 PM
Brownwood scrimmaged a 4A and a 5A, so I have nothing to report.

Hang Ten
08-24-2008, 03:52 PM
I saw Wimberley this Friday. QB Scudder looks real good; RB (the freshman) about 6' 185lbs looks very promising, but raw. OL appears to be quetion mark, QB underpressure most of night. Interior DL and LBs look pretty strong. I think they will be able to run the ball more effectively this season.

Necks_Fan
08-24-2008, 04:01 PM
WC scrimmaged 2 4A schools, but here's the scoop on them....

Angleton- Not as talented as in years past but they are VERY fast....

Other than a really good run Qb, they wont have much this year..

Santa Fe- Pretty good size and a qb qith decent speed....

They will not be much of anything this year either....

WOS1
08-24-2008, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by Rocket
Brownwood scrimmaged a 4A and a 5A, so I have nothing to report.

Thanks for sticking to the program.;)

cshscougar08
08-24-2008, 05:05 PM
China Spring scrimmaged La Vega and Salado. Salado is a 2A school.

La Vega looked pretty solid as expected. Danzel Wilson will once again be the quarterback with Chris Parr lining up behind him. Chad Ward will join Parr in the backfield, replacing older brother Kourtney. Daxton Swanson will once again be the primary receiver. On the defensive side of things, several new starters try to fill the major linebacker holes left by Will Henry and Michael Bigealow. The Pirates will be fine. They are a big , physical team. Not quite as big up front as in the past, but plenty enough.

navscanmaster
08-24-2008, 05:09 PM
Navasota scrimmaged 2A Marlin and 3A Mexia

Mexia has a strong, quick defensive line. They run a spread option, and they look like they could use some help at QB. Very capable wideout, #3, will be a big weapon in the passing game. Running backs run hard, but don't have much speed. #20 may be smallest flanker in the state, but he is quick.

WOS1
08-25-2008, 02:07 PM
Anymore teams seen out there?

pirate4state
08-25-2008, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by WOS1
Anymore teams seen out there?

Our scrimmage against 3A La Vernia was cancelled due to weather. :(

WOS1
08-25-2008, 04:20 PM
That sux!:mad:

waterboy
08-25-2008, 05:03 PM
Gilmer scrimmaged Atlanta in their first scrimmage, outscoring them 6TDs to none. The Buckeyes scrimmaged New Boston in their second, outscoring them 5TDs to none.

87 TIGER
08-25-2008, 08:41 PM
Giddings :life without Brock or Dock will be tough , but they are still a pretty good team.

Robinson : no offensive line at all, pretty good QB , but he can't do it all. Rockets look to be a little down this year.

SNYDER325TIGERS
08-25-2008, 09:52 PM
Snyder scrimmaged Frenship two times and done very well, defense is very physical and offense is quick and powerful

BwdLions
08-26-2008, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by SNYDER325TIGERS
Snyder scrimmaged Frenship two times and done very well, defense is very physical and offense is quick and powerful

No weaknesses? :rolleyes:

Old Tiger
08-26-2008, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by BwdLions
No weaknesses? :rolleyes: Nope Snyder is the best team in the state and will never be beaten ever again!

wimbo_pro
08-26-2008, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by Go Blue
Nope Snyder is the best team in the state and will never be beaten ever again!

Rocket??? Is that you????

Old Tiger
08-26-2008, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
Rocket??? Is that you???? don't get me started on the greatness of brownwood. they're going to win every game by 21......I heard God is from brownwood

wimbo_pro
08-26-2008, 10:44 AM
don't get me started on the greatness of brownwood. they're going to win every game by 21......I heard God is from brownwood

hahahha!! Well, if God isn't FROM Brownwood, He can see it from his back porch.

DaHop72
08-26-2008, 10:48 AM
Nope Snyder is the best team in the state and will never be beaten ever again! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

garciap77
08-26-2008, 12:51 PM
don't get me started on the greatness of brownwood. they're going to win every game by 21......I heard God is from brownwood

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Someone says different!

Originally posted by Rocket
probably right... we suck.

I hope I'm not putting words in your mouth Rocket!:D;)

Old Tiger
08-26-2008, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: http://www.popandpolitics.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/crystal-ball.jpg

redfish961
08-26-2008, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by 87 TIGER
Giddings :life without Brock or Dock will be tough , but they are still a pretty good team.

Robinson : no offensive line at all, pretty good QB , but he can't do it all. Rockets look to be a little down this year.

Robinson is undersized, both o-line and d-line. Speed is average with skill players. and DB's. QB has a sharp arm but will have to work a ton under pressure which will cut down on any passing efficiency.

This year does indeed look like a down year and will be an overachievement if they make it past the first round of playoffs.

Thanks to UIL's destruction of the old 17 3A, they will more than likely make the playoffs.

To expect them to do much more than that is wishful thinking.

Robinson fan, but I call it like I see it.