PDA

View Full Version : Question about Jasper

Rabbit'93
11-26-2002, 05:14 PM
Who were their losses to?

Reveille
11-26-2002, 05:43 PM
Jasper is 9-2. They lost to Houston Strake Jesuit 14-0 the fourth game of the year. Their other loss was to Newton 1-0. Jasper had an ineligible player who played two plays on the kickoff team. Doesn't matter how many he played. He played. The score of the game was Jasper 45-20 if it had counted, but it did not.

JHS63
11-26-2002, 05:47 PM
Jasper lost only 1 game to Houston Strake Jesuit.
The score was 14-6. Strake Jesuit is one of the
largest private schools in the state, they play
an independent schedule, were 10-0 last year and
I believe they lost only one game this year to
5A Ruston La.
Jasper's other "loss" refers to the Newton game
which Jasper won 45-20 but had to forfeit because
an ineligible player was in on 2 kickoffs.

Bulldog Fan
11-26-2002, 08:44 PM
I must also add that Jasper lost to Strake Jesuit without their starting quarterback who is essential to the offense. Had they been 100% I believe they would now be undefeated.

espn1
11-26-2002, 08:49 PM
Killeen 17 4A 6-4, 4-3 Beat Houston Strake 20-0. Strake isn't that great, their a middle of the road 4A team. They finished the year 8-3.

mojjo_1
11-26-2002, 09:33 PM
A game played in September will have no effect on the games being played in November and December. Jasper is a better team now and Ricky will play.

kicker11
11-26-2002, 09:45 PM
Rabbit'93:
Who were their losses to?I played for Silsbee 83-87 and Jasper and Bridge City were both in our district. Guess what? Things never change. This will be a fight in the Astrodome. If Forney can make it to the finals, I sure don't want to see Jasper.

BigRed01
11-26-2002, 10:46 PM
mojjo_1:
A game played in September will have no effect on the games being played in November and December. Jasper is a better team now and Ricky will play.I see alot of exuses on this forum about Jasper's losses. Bridge City has 1 loss. True you did beat Newton and we came up short. The ineligible player had nothing to do with the outcome of the Newton game. Strake is not a powerhouse, and all teams have had players they have missed for key games. Bridge City is no different. Bridge City played Newton early in the year, and have gotten better themselves. With all the 50+ to nothing scores you seem to tout over Bridge City, it is surprising to me you haven't beat anybody by 50 points outright all year. Even the teams that were 1-9, 2-8, and so forth. An 11-1 team is a good solid football team, Jasper had better put off buying the rings just yet. They are not undefeated and have had there struggles as well. They will be the favorite, but they had better bring their "A" game. Jasper has faced a tough opponent in Newton and prevailed, but just how one game goes doesn't mean success in another. This should be a real war. Good luck Cards.

j_dog
11-27-2002, 12:38 AM
JHS63:
Jasper lost only 1 game ....JHS63, I see you found the board! Welcome!

j_dog
11-27-2002, 12:44 AM
kicker11:

Rabbit'93:
Who were their losses to?I played for Silsbee 83-87 and Jasper and Bridge City were both in our district. Guess what? Things never change. This will be a fight in the Astrodome. If Forney can make it to the finals, I sure don't want to see Jasper.kicker11, you played some of Jasper's best teams! Gosh I can hardly wait for this game.

Red01, no question, Jasper screwed up with Strake. No excuses. See you Saturday and may the best team win.

spiveyrat
11-27-2002, 07:03 AM
I'm not so sure Jasper hasn't beat anyone by 50 points, but I'll take your comment at face value. When they are up by 4 or 5 touchdowns, the starters always come out. Had they been left in, I think you would see a few 60 and probably 70 point margins. I'm not boasting here, just stating what I believe to be the facts. I always have to put some sort of disclaimer on my posts so I don't "offend" anyone.

<small>[ November 27, 2002, 06:04 AM: Message edited by: spiveyrat ]</small>

Cardinalbb
11-27-2002, 10:41 AM
Hey Spivey,

Jasper isn't the only team that has pulled it's starters. Trust me.....if Peebles had played all 4 quarters each game instead of being pulled in the 3rd, he would have about 2500 yards rushing this year instead of over 1800. In fact after a 94 yard scamper last week,(which was called back for holding) he sat the bench the rest of the game! That was in the 3rd as well. Allot of simularities huh....could be scarey! I agree with you, Jasper should win. I'll play the "What If" game, and should BC win.....I'll be scratching and squalking!!

ej2525
11-27-2002, 10:49 AM
Spiveyrat, are you going to be attending the game back down here in God's country? Or, are you going to be listening via kogt.com?

Rabbit'93
11-27-2002, 11:10 AM
Thanks for the info.

spiveyrat
11-27-2002, 11:23 AM
Yeah, I don't doubt that BC hasn't pulled it's starters too when the game was "in hand". It just makes good sense, especially in the playoffs. I wasn't arguing that point.

Ummm, as tempting as it is to go to the game this weekend, I'm probably going to have to pass. The 11 hour drive (one way) is just a bit much. If Jasper happens to be in the final game, though, I may have to find a way to get down for that one! I wish the final game was one week later. That would coincide with my plans for coming home for Christmas a little better.