3. La Vega (1) 13-1 129 6
4. Navasota (1) 9-4 115 -
5. China Spring 14-2 94 -
6. Cuero 12-3 87 -
7. Brownwood 6-4 79 -
8. West Orange-Stark 11-2 76 7
9. Sealy 7-4 46 -
10. Gilmer 14-1 20 4

Others receiving votes: Snyder 19, Texarkana Pleasant Grove 18, Abilene Wylie 10, Vernon 9, CC West Oso 8, Giddings 7, Crockett 5, Monahans 4, Sweetwater 3, Rio Hondo 2, Wimberley 1, Devine 1, Carrollton Ranchview 1, Carthage 1, Diboll 1.

44INAROW
08-24-2008, 03:43 PM
Looks pretty much like I expected it to. Good Luck to all the teams.
GO MEAN GREEN

JR2004
08-24-2008, 04:19 PM
Good to see Ranchview get a vote. They are the favorite in our district after all. I hope we give them a good game this season.

Necks_Fan
08-24-2008, 04:22 PM
You should replace Sealy with Bellville..... After all, it would please the Bellville fans....

cshscougar08
08-24-2008, 05:00 PM
Since Bellville didn't get a vote or anything. Lol. Glad to see these people are smart and not letting Glen Rose get even a whiff of this poll.

WOS87
08-24-2008, 05:03 PM
Wait a second... does that 7 at the end of the WO-S line mean we got 7 first place votes?

:devil:

On second glance... I guess that's where we ranked in the final poll last year

FormerBellvilleBrahma
08-24-2008, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
You should replace Sealy with Bellville..... After all, it would please the Bellville fans....

You are un-real, you have nothing to say about your team, so stir the pot with Bellville fans. you have nothing to do with Bellville or sealy so shut up. If we want to make a comment towards our county rivel we need no help from you!!!! Go back to your teams post and say out of ours!

Rabid Cougar
08-24-2008, 05:48 PM
I think Cuero should be where China Spring is and China Spring not included at all. I like that because that is where everyone was last year ...Cuero over rated!

eagles_victory
08-24-2008, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by Rabid Cougar
I think Cuero should be where China Spring is and China Spring not included at all. I like that because that is where everyone was last year ...Cuero over rated! We can sure take care of getting yall unincluded after week 0. :D

Rabid Cougar
08-24-2008, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
We can sure take care of getting yall unincluded after week 0. :D
oh believe me, Don't think that our team is overlooking our friends from I-45.

eagles_victory
08-24-2008, 06:07 PM
oh believe me, Don't think that our team is overlooking our friends from I-45. lol I know its going to be good to see where we're at. I know both teams are going to be ready for this game.

cshscougar08
08-24-2008, 06:12 PM
Without a doubt. First week of the season.

Bull's-eye
08-24-2008, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan

Dude! What is your problem? This stuff is getting a little old.

ProudHornetMom
08-24-2008, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
Dude! What is your problem? This stuff is getting a little old.

This mom thinks he needs attention...trying to irritate and annoy in any thread. ;)

Johnny 5
08-24-2008, 08:58 PM
pssshh

Liberty Hill #1?

Everyone knows Rio Hondo should be there instead!

:D

FormerBellvilleBrahma
08-24-2008, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by ProudHornetMom
This mom thinks he needs attention...trying to irritate and annoy in any thread. ;)

What she said!!

LH Panther Mom
08-24-2008, 10:34 PM
Here's the link to the list of AP voters for this year. :)

2008 AP voters (http://www.wacotrib.com/news/content/gen/ap/FBH_High_School_Poll_Voters.html)

Johnny 5
08-24-2008, 11:19 PM
one of Rio Hondo votes was from the Valley Morning Star.

I wonder who the other was from

:thinking:

Nursebetty
08-25-2008, 12:33 AM
They should switch CUERO and China Spring, and then the poll would be right!!!!!!!!! :D :p

Rabid Cougar
08-25-2008, 05:21 AM
Originally posted by Nursebetty
They should switch CUERO and China Spring, and then the poll would be right!!!!!!!!! :D :p
Yep , As I said before .........Cuero being over rated.:rolleyes:

Nursebetty
08-25-2008, 06:23 AM
Yep , As I said before .........Cuero being over rated.:rolleyes: Oh Well!!!! :p

cshscougar08
08-25-2008, 11:59 AM

Well since we crushed you last year, I think that works just fine where it is. :D

kaorder1999
08-25-2008, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
Good to see Ranchview get a vote. They are the favorite in our district after all. I hope we give them a good game this season.

favorite in your district? sarcasm there?

OldBison75
08-25-2008, 02:24 PM
I don't see anything too bad about this poll except that I would have Jasper in the top 10 instead of Sealy. Sealy between 10 and 15. Jasper will be very good and very athletic this year. Best dual threat QB in the state, fantastic speed on both side of the ball, and strong aggressive defense with good size. Look for Jasper to be playing deep into the playoffs. I think that this pool will see several revisions during the first few weeks, but Liberty Hill and Celina should stay at or near the top most of the season until somebody proves they are better.

navscanmaster
08-25-2008, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by OldBison75
I don't see anything too bad about this poll except that I would have Jasper in the top 10 instead of Sealy. Sealy between 10 and 15. Jasper will be very good and very athletic this year. Best dual threat QB in the state, fantastic speed on both side of the ball, and strong aggressive defense with good size. Look for Jasper to be playing deep into the playoffs. I think that this pool will see several revisions during the first few weeks, but Liberty Hill and Celina should stay at or near the top most of the season until somebody proves they are better.

Ortavius Hypolite from WOS will probably be the better dual threat QB. I think if Jasper makes a statement against Gilmer, then they should be in the thick of things.

JR2004
08-25-2008, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
favorite in your district? sarcasm there?

KA why would I be sarcastic at all about Ranchview? They run the Chinese Fire Drill offense better than any team I've ever watched. It's amazing to see in person.

waterboy
08-25-2008, 03:10 PM
I agree with you, Jasper seems like a better choice for top 10 material than Sealy at this point. About the best dual threat QB, that may be debatable. There's several good ones around the state. You also may have heard of a QB named Darian "Stump" Godfrey from Gilmer. He led the Buckeyes to the 3A DI state championship game last year as a sophomore. He hurt his hand in the semifinals against Wylie last year, so he wasn't 100% in the state game, but he's healthy now, and still he will only be a junior this year. He's the real deal, too. It'll be interesting to see 2 of the best dual threat QBs in the state play against each other to open the '08 season. I can't wait! Good luck to the Bulldogs.........after this Thursday night that is!

Necks_Fan
08-25-2008, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
You are un-real, you have nothing to say about your team, so stir the pot with Bellville fans. you have nothing to do with Bellville or sealy so shut up. If we want to make a comment towards our county rivel we need no help from you!!!! Go back to your teams post and say out of ours! LOL. That's a bit harsh dontcha think?

Wow, you are really something to let me get under your skin like that.

In actuality though, I have posted plenty about my team.....

Lighten up a little bro.....

And man....... work on that grammar.

And LOL @ PHM..... What did I tell ya about those dang Caldwell people?

Rocket
08-25-2008, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Class 3A
School Rec Pts Pvs

1. Liberty Hill (13) 14-0 192 2
2. Celina (5) 16-0 172 3
3. La Vega (1) 13-1 129 6
4. Navasota (1) 9-4 115 -
5. China Spring 14-2 94 -
6. Cuero 12-3 87 -
7. Brownwood 6-4 79 -
8. West Orange-Stark 11-2 76 7
9. Sealy 7-4 46 -
10. Gilmer 14-1 20 4

Others receiving votes: Snyder 19, Texarkana Pleasant Grove 18, Abilene Wylie 10, Vernon 9, CC West Oso 8, Giddings 7, Crockett 5, Monahans 4, Sweetwater 3, Rio Hondo 2, Wimberley 1, Devine 1, Carrollton Ranchview 1, Carthage 1, Diboll 1.

Where's Abilene Wylie and Snyder? LOL

Snydertigersrul
08-25-2008, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by Rocket
Where's Abilene Wylie and Snyder? LOL

Most of the voters were unaware that Vaccaro left for Early. Check next week's poll.

popcorn screen
08-25-2008, 07:23 PM
Snyder loses most of its offensive production and they get 19 votes. Wylie is a steady 3-4 rounds every year and they are not in top 10. Rio hondo - - people please. Also, Sealy is a top 20, not 10. Friday cant come quick enough.

Rocket
08-25-2008, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by Snydertigersrul
Most of the voters were unaware that Vaccaro left for Early. Check next week's poll.

Oh I can't wait for Brownwood to utterly destroy Snyder without Vacarro...

Rocket
08-25-2008, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by popcorn screen
Snyder loses most of its offensive production and they get 19 votes. Wylie is a steady 3-4 rounds every year and they are not in top 10. Rio hondo - - people please. Also, Sealy is a top 20, not 10. Friday cant come quick enough.

If Wylie is 3-4 Rounds deep every year, should be scary what Brownwood will be..talking simply about Regional competition..

kaorder1999
08-25-2008, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
KA why would I be sarcastic at all about Ranchview? They run the Chinese Fire Drill offense better than any team I've ever watched. It's amazing to see in person.

HAHA....Madison will beat Ranchview by 40!

LH Panther Mom
08-25-2008, 08:03 PM
talking simply about Regional competition..
which has changed, recently.... ;)

sweetwater07
08-25-2008, 08:07 PM

i'm also surprised to see wylie not in the top ten....

first year in like what?? 4 years that they aren't in the top ten preseason....its erright though, preseason doesn't mean squat....

Rocket
08-25-2008, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by sweetwater07

first year in like what?? 4 years that they aren't in the top ten preseason....its erright though, preseason doesn't mean squat....

You're right...it really doesn't mean squat. I wanna see the Poll at the end of the season.

OldBison75
08-25-2008, 08:43 PM
I have not seen the Gilmer QB in action but have seen Jasper's QB. He is fast, quick, strong, and runs with authority when needed. He can also fake you out of your jock. On top of that, he is a better than average passer that will go long or short equally well. He started last year playing RB so his numbers may not look that good, but believe me, he is the real deal.

IHStangFan
08-25-2008, 08:49 PM
NO LAMESA?!?! This poll is garbage!! :D

GO TORNADOES....LEAVING A PATH OF DESTRUCTION ALL THE WAY TO STATE!!

FormerBellvilleBrahma
08-25-2008, 09:05 PM
Also, Sealy is a top 20,

Maybe in R4.

Phantom Stang
08-25-2008, 09:05 PM
I'm plum tickled to see Sweetwater get any mention at all.:)

We're still gonna whup Brownwood tho.:p

Rocket
08-25-2008, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by Phantom Stang

Like last season? Please! NOOOOOOOO

Necks_Fan
08-25-2008, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
Maybe in R4. LOL.

I coulda told you this was coming.....:)

Phantom Stang
08-25-2008, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by Phantom Stang

Like last season? Please! NOOOOOOOO
No....
Like the time before that, and 3 out of the 4 times before THAT!;)

IHStangFan
08-25-2008, 09:59 PM
Snyder loses most of its offensive production and they get 19 votes. Wylie is a steady 3-4 rounds every year and they are not in top 10. Rio hondo - - people please. Also, Sealy is a top 20, not 10. Friday cant come quick enough. I halfway agree here....I think Sealy will be something special, if not this year, within the next 2. Rio Hondo will dominate the valley, then get exposed in the playoffs. Another one I don't understand is West Oso. Again, they will probably win their district, but then get destroyed by like...Cuero or Gonzales.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
08-25-2008, 10:03 PM
I don't see anything too bad about this poll except that I would have Jasper in the top 10 instead of Sealy.

SNYDER325TIGERS
08-25-2008, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by sweetwater07

Yupp man it don't, i've got a feeling Brownwood won't be as good as people think there going to be just because they dropped out of 4A.:devil:

SNYDER325TIGERS
08-25-2008, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan NO LAMESA?!?!_ This poll is garbage!!_ :D GO TORNADOES....LEAVING A PATH OF DESTRUCTION ALL THE WAY TO STATE!!

One of these days Lamesa will get a good coach and hopefully can rebuild the program back to the way it used to be.

Boomer
08-26-2008, 03:25 AM
I think Cuero should be where China Spring is and China Spring not included at all. I like that because that is where everyone was last year ...Cuero over rated!

You have on good season, and your chest is puffed out! I never heard of China Spring untill last year.

Boomer
08-26-2008, 03:41 AM
Originally posted by cshscougar08
Well since we crushed you last year, I think that works just fine where it is. :D

your right, you crushed us. This is a new year! It's people like you that drives us every day, every week. People either love us or hate us. There are not many teams with a tradition we have, we have the hardware to prove it. We earn our respect on the field! We know your teams win over us was your state title. Good luck to you this year!

Rabid Cougar
08-26-2008, 06:55 AM
Originally posted by Boomer
You have on good season, and your chest is puffed out! I never heard of China Spring untill last year.

Don't get out much do you?

Rabid Cougar
08-26-2008, 06:57 AM
your right, you crushed us. This is a new year! It's people like you that drives us every day, every week. People either love us or hate us. There are not many teams with a tradition we have, we have the hardware to prove it. We earn our respect on the field! We know your teams win over us was your state title. Good luck to you this year!

Typical pompous Cuero attitude.

44INAROW
08-26-2008, 07:22 AM
Pot - we have a kettle looking for you in the Waco area :p

KingRob
08-26-2008, 08:40 AM
Don't get out much do you?

I get out quite a bit, and I too had never heard of China Spring. Then again since 1990 your record is 293-260-7. Not that impressive. Also, the last time China Spring made it the 3rd round was in 2003, and the Cougars were "crushed" by Bellville 56-19.

cshscougar08
08-26-2008, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by KingRob
I get out quite a bit, and I too had never heard of China Spring. Then again since 1990 your record is 293-260-7. Not that impressive. Also, the last time China Spring made it the 3rd round was in 2003, and the Cougars were "crushed" by Bellville 56-19.

Oh quit living in the past. Yes I totally agree, Cuero has an excellent reputation as a quality football team year in and year out. Kudos to you for getting to that stage. But tradition doesn't win you state championships. So quit telling me you have hardware to prove that you're good and show me THIS YEAR on the field. I don't care what you've done in the past, I don't care what WE have done in the past. This year is the year that's being played right now. What have you done for me now?

BwdLions
08-26-2008, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by SNYDER325TIGERS
Yupp man it don't, i've got a feeling Brownwood won't be as good as people think there going to be just because they dropped out of 4A.:devil:

Unfortunately, you've got a right to your opinion. However, we don't care what you're feeling. We don't expect to be good just because we dropped down from 4A. We expect to be good because we have good athletes and coaches.

KingRob
08-26-2008, 02:57 PM
Oh quit living in the past. Yes I totally agree, Cuero has an excellent reputation as a quality football team year in and year out. Kudos to you for getting to that stage. But tradition doesn't win you state championships. So quit telling me you have hardware to prove that you're good and show me THIS YEAR on the field. I don't care what you've done in the past, I don't care what WE have done in the past. This year is the year that's being played right now. What have you done for me now?

Then why did you bring up about China Spring "crushing" Cuero LAST year? I guess we can only talk about the past when YOU want! Yea, right.

44INAROW
08-26-2008, 03:21 PM
Then why did you bring up about China Spring "crushing" Cuero LAST year? I guess we can only talk about the past when YOU want! Yea, right.

TOUCHE' ;) oh and
GO MEAN GREEN :p

Boomer
08-26-2008, 04:38 PM

What i meant to say was : You have one good season and your chest is puffed out!

Sorry, I wake up at 3 am every morning to go to work.

JR2004
08-26-2008, 04:40 PM
One of these days Lamesa will get a good coach and hopefully can rebuild the program back to the way it used to be.

You know their coach has posted on here within the last couple of months, right?

Boomer
08-26-2008, 04:48 PM

Hopefully your team will make it to the big stage this year! Maybe yall can start a winning tradition, not just a "one year wonder". One things for sure, we have a good chance every year to win state. State simi's 3 out of the last 4 years. We have the right to be proud of our Gobblers! But that is the past. The Gobblers look better than ever this year! Hopefully we will meet again.

Rocket
08-26-2008, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
TOUCHE' ;) oh and
GO MEAN GREEN :p

Gobblers? Are you serious? Are you kidding me? Gobblers?

Wow, striking fear in the heart of man... the Queero Green Gobblers...LOL

cshscougar08
08-26-2008, 04:56 PM

That was in response to another persons quote, was meant as a joke, and had nothing to do with what we're talking about now.

In response to Boomer, I wouldn't call us a one hit wonder. We have made playoff for 10 straight years and are one of the most consistently good teams in Central Texas. We haven't always gone deep in playoffs like you have a lot, but we have always been a team to contend with. You don't always need hardware to prove you're an excellent team. But I assure you there is plenty of hardware in the schools trophy case. Not all dealing with the state level, but it's there.

Can we not be proud of the season we had last year? We finally get some statewide recognition and automatically get called out for "puffing out our chests?" Give me a break. Don't act like you haven't talked a bit after one of your many impressive seasons. We can be as proud as we want. And you're not gonna stop that. Good luck to the Gobblers. It's unlikely we will meet again in the next two years, but I expect to hear great things from down south.

lostaussie
08-26-2008, 04:57 PM

oh nooo he didn't:D

Rocket
08-26-2008, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
oh nooo he didn't:D

Just poking some funs...that is the first time I have ever heard of that mascot.. I was like, what???

lostaussie
08-26-2008, 05:06 PM
Just poking some funs...that is the first time I have ever heard of that mascot.. I was like, what??? i suppose you don't know what a Buckeye is either:thinking:

cshscougar08
08-26-2008, 05:10 PM
It's CANDY!!!! Lol.

LHexPlayer
08-26-2008, 05:11 PM
Just poking some funs...that is the first time I have ever heard of that mascot.. I was like, what???

You BW guys should really get out more.

Rocket
08-26-2008, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by LHexPlayer
You BW guys should really get out more.

Yeah, I thought Kangaroos was a funny one...

LHexPlayer
08-26-2008, 06:45 PM
Yeah, I thought Kangaroos was a funny one...

We have lots of strange mascots in Texas, we have Ducks, Hippos, Goblers, Red Ants, Hamlin Pied Pipers, and the Winters Blizzards.

Ranger Mom
08-26-2008, 06:47 PM

Ohhh.....I bet they have never heard that one before!!!

Rabid Cougar
08-26-2008, 06:58 PM
Hopefully your team will make it to the big stage this year! Maybe yall can start a winning tradition, not just a "one year wonder". One things for sure, we have a good chance every year to win state. State simi's 3 out of the last 4 years. We have the right to be proud of our Gobblers! But that is the past. The Gobblers look better than ever this year! Hopefully we will meet again.

We have a winning tradition. You are in the Semis every because your in the WEAK District and WEAK Region! You don't have any competion until you Run into other Regions and it always been that way.

PLAY the likes La Vega, Robinson and Connally and Gateville in Disitirct and then play MARLIN, GIDDINGS, JASPER, NEWTON, WOS, BELLVILLE, DIBOLL, CAMERON and LIBERTY HILL in Area, Bi Distirict and Regionals and see how many time you make it to Semis.

Gobbler Fan
08-26-2008, 08:02 PM
For region 4 to make it to state we have to beat the best team region 3 has to offer in the Semi's .... Cuero has been to the finals 10 times ...you do the math. So much for the superior region 3 jab.

Rocket
08-26-2008, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Ohhh.....I bet they have never heard that one before!!!

PROBABLY NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ranger Mom
08-26-2008, 08:08 PM
PROBABLY NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL!! Well I have!!:p

Daddy D 11
08-26-2008, 08:09 PM
We have a winning tradition. You are in the Semis every because your in the WEAK District and WEAK Region! You don't have any competion until you Run into other Regions and it always been that way.

PLAY the likes La Vega, Robinson and Connally and Gateville in Disitirct and then play MARLIN, GIDDINGS, JASPER, NEWTON, WOS, BELLVILLE, DIBOLL, CAMERON and LIBERTY HILL in Area, Bi Distirict and Regionals and see how many time you make it to Semis.

Region 3 is weak dude:D stop boasting bout them and jump on the Region I bandwagon:clap: :cheerl: :cheerl:

Gobbler Fan
08-26-2008, 08:14 PM
No disrespect to Liberty Hill but we have played them in the playoff's and won in our only meeting and they are by far the best team you have listed . The series is Cuero 2 Liberty Hill 1 . This was one series I was hoping would continue .

44INAROW
08-26-2008, 08:19 PM

some posts just aren't worth replying to...... but here I go anyway -
For your information, Cuero, Palacios and Gonzales were in the same district last year (this year as well) Gonzales lost in the last mins of the Quarterfinals game and Cuero played/beat Palacios for Quarterfinals. Weak district? Only thing weak about that was your post! China Spring beat Cuero - I've said it before and will probably have to say it again - WE LOST, CHINA SPRING WON. Fair and Square - congrats on the win. I have NEVER made excuses - we lost the game - it happens. But come on, GATESVILLE???? Can't you do better than that? :rolleyes: Will Cuero have another successful season this year, heck if I know, I sure hope so, but I guarantee you one thing, if we don't, I'll be here next year cheering my team on and not slamming other teams. Can you say the same? And one more thing ...nevermind - the folks that are smart enough to ignore your type of comments already are and those thick enough to listen to them aren't worth the time of day debating :doh:

LH Panther Mom
08-26-2008, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by Gobbler Fan
No disrespect to Liberty Hill but we have played them in the playoff's and won in our only meeting.
And it was http://www.buzzlife.com/forums/images/smilies/buttkick.gif .

Ranger Mom
08-26-2008, 08:21 PM
For your information, Cuero, Palacios and Gonzales were in the same district last year (this year as well) Gonzales lost in the last mins of the Quarterfinals game and Cuero played/beat Palacios for Quarterfinals. Weak district? Only thing weak about that was your post! China Spring beat Cuero - I've said it before and will probably have to say it again - WE LOST, CHINA SPRING WON. Fair and Square - congrats on the win. I have NEVER made excuses - we lost the game - it happens. But come on, GATESVILLE???? Can't you do better than that? :rolleyes: Will Cuero have another successful season this year, heck if I know, I sure hope so, but I guarantee you one thing, if we don't, I'll be here next year cheering my team on and not slamming other teams. Can you say the same? And one more thing ...nevermind - the folks that are smart enough to ignore your type of comments already are and those thick enough to listen to them aren't worth the time of day debating :doh:

You're my hero!!:clap:

LOL...I hope no one quoted me before I changed this....I originally said, "you're my HERP!!":eek:

LH Panther Mom
08-26-2008, 08:22 PM
You're my herp!!:clap:
:eek: :eek: :eek:

Ranger Mom
08-26-2008, 08:24 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek:

Darn!! I DIDN'T get my edit in on time!!:p

LH Panther Mom
08-26-2008, 08:25 PM
Darn!! I DIDN'T get my edit in on time!!:p :D I laughed!

44INAROW
You're my hero!!:clap:

LOL...I hope no one quoted me before I changed this....I originally said, "you're my HERP!!":eek:
lol I was going to PM you and ask if HERP was another Text Message short-cut :D :D

Ranger Mom
:D I laughed!

I have to admit.....I did too!!

Ranger Mom
08-26-2008, 08:26 PM
lol I was going to PM you and ask if HERP was another Text Message short-cut :D :D

LHPM was quick as usual and quoted me before I could change it!!

:D

Rabid Cougar
08-26-2008, 08:29 PM

:) :) Fun, isn't it :) :)

eagles_victory
08-26-2008, 08:52 PM
:) :) Fun, isn't it :) :) Region 4 doesnt like to face facts you will learn that as you go over here. I think Gonzales and Palocios probably wouldnt win a first round game in region 3 last year.

Nursebetty
08-26-2008, 08:57 PM
Pompous Cuero attitude, huh?..............:thinking:

cshscougar08
08-26-2008, 08:58 PM
For your information, Cuero, Palacios and Gonzales were in the same district last year (this year as well) Gonzales lost in the last mins of the Quarterfinals game and Cuero played/beat Palacios for Quarterfinals. Weak district?

You can't make that claim because who were you playing in playoffs? Other weak region 4 teams.

Nursebetty
08-26-2008, 09:00 PM

Wow, striking fear in the heart of man... the Queero Green Gobblers...LOL Oh, please...........really.............LOL.....ha ha ha!:p

44INAROW
08-26-2008, 09:00 PM
You can't make that claim because who were you playing in playoffs? Other weak region 4 teams.

you said WEAK DISTRICT - I was disputing that comment..........

Region 4 doesnt like to face facts you will learn that as you go over here. I think Gonzales and Palocios probably wouldnt win a first round game in region 3 last year.

***no disrespect to the Liberty Hill Panthers - I am just making a point***

Fact - In the last 3 years - the only 2 losses current back to back State Champion Liberty Hill has were at the hands of Region IV teams.

I am through with this discussion. It's pointless and we'll just have to agree to disagree (plus The Cleaner is coming on TNT and that is a good show)

Ranger Mom
08-26-2008, 09:03 PM
Oh, please...........really.............LOL.....ha ha ha!:p

I got a kick out of that too...in fact, I put queero in the search engine to see what it brought up.....the below post made in 2004 pretty much summed up what I said to Rocket:

Originally posted by gobblerfan02
Has anyone else from Cuero ever had to put up w/ someone always mispronouncing our town's name on purpose, I think we all know what they would say- "oh, the queero Gobblers!". Couldn't they think of something more original?

Rabid Cougar
08-26-2008, 09:05 PM
Region 4 doesnt like to face facts you will learn that as you go over here. Fact is Gonzales and Palocios probably dont win a first round game in region 3 last year.

I'm taking my toys and going to Region 1

44INAROW
08-26-2008, 09:06 PM
I got a kick out of that too...in fact, I put queero in the search engine to see what it brought up.....the below post made in 2004 pretty much summed up what I said to Rocket:

yep - almost as original as on the run-through signs on the games right after Thanksgiving

"LEFTOVERS for DINNER" "CARVE THE TURKEYS" jee - we've never seen that before :p RM - keep em in line, I am headed to the boob tube.......

44INAROW
08-26-2008, 09:08 PM
I'm taking my toys and going to Region 1
In all seriousness - kinda funny how Reg I used to be lumped with Reg IV in the "weak" category - I don't think anyone would say Reg 1 is weak anymore - mercy - they loaded that Region up bigtime!:eek:

JR2004
08-26-2008, 11:35 PM
But come on, GATESVILLE???? Can't you do better than that? :rolleyes:

You understand he's talking about several years worth of teams, right? Gatesville, up until 3 years ago was very, very good for about 8 years in a row and won a state title and had a semi-final appearance during their run. He wasn't talking about the 2007 Hornets. The district China used to be in (17) was the toughest to make it out of in the state for the better part of a decade and Gatesville was a very, very big reason why.

KingRob
08-27-2008, 02:31 AM

Hey Rocket, would you like to see my Brown wood? ROFLMAO!!:taunt:

Nursebetty
08-27-2008, 06:08 AM
Hey Rocket, would you like to see my Brown wood? ROFLMAO!!:taunt: :fnypost: :spitlol:

DaHop72
08-27-2008, 09:36 AM
One of these days Lamesa will get a good coach and hopefully can rebuild the program back to the way it used to be. I think if you have paid attention the rebuilding process is now in place. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: