PDA

View Full Version : District 7-3A scrimmage results

Eagle1
08-24-2008, 12:54 PM
Any body know how any of the district 7-3A teams fared in scrimmages?

cshscougar08
08-24-2008, 01:24 PM
CS tied La Vega 1-1 and beat Salado 4-2 I believe. We looked good in both especially the defense.

Eagle1
08-24-2008, 02:16 PM
How have Hillsboro, West, and Whitney done?

cshscougar08
08-24-2008, 02:48 PM
I have no idea on any of those. Or Glen Rose. Haven't heard anything from any of them.

BILLYFRED0000
08-24-2008, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by cshscougar08
I have no idea on any of those. Or Glen Rose. Haven't heard anything from any of them.

Well I have not seen Glen Rose but I talked to a fervent fan and he said he thinks they will not be as good as lastyear. QB is back but they lost a little and he did not think they made up for what they lost. They did make the region finals last year.

cshscougar08
08-24-2008, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
Well I have not seen Glen Rose but I talked to a fervent fan and he said he thinks they will not be as good as lastyear. QB is back but they lost a little and he did not think they made up for what they lost. They did make the region finals last year.

Yeah they made the region finals last year with possibly the easiest route of anyone. That doesn't say much about them. Yeah I'll be interested to see if they are really as good as some are making them out to be. They also went through some turmoil in the offseason that eventually saw the Head Coach leave. Don't know what all went down with that, but it will be interesting to see if that has a lingering effect on the players.

Rabid Cougar
08-24-2008, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
Glen Rose hasn't been able to stay on the field with China Spring the past 4 years when we played them in non-district.
That trend will continue now that they are in the same district.

BILLYFRED0000
08-24-2008, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by Rabid Cougar
Glen Rose hasn't been able to stay on the field with China Spring the past 4 years when we played them in non-district.
That trend will continue now that they are in the same district.

I agree. I don't think they are a threat to CS. The stuff that got their coach run off was stupid but typical. Best year they ever had and then run off the coach.

It was 70 21 when we played them last year and we played one of our better games. I think they could get a playoff spot but they will not challenge for the district leadership unless a miracle happened in the offseason.