PDA

View Full Version : Vote.. Whitesboro vs Pilot Point #2 in state in class 2a

mr.leopard man
08-23-2008, 07:27 PM
Whitesboro has not beat Pilot Point in 32 years..Is this the year? Pilot point is #2 in class 2a in state. 3a Whitesboro was 7-3 last year and has never made the playoffs ever. SOOO who wins?

Send_the_House
08-23-2008, 08:42 PM
This thread is fail...

Necks_Fan
08-23-2008, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by Send_the_House
This thread is fail... Fail.

I guess you like the word "Fail"

Ranger Mom
08-23-2008, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
Fail.

I guess you like the word "Fail"

I know what the word "fail" means...does is mean something else in this instance??

If not....I'm afraid I don't understand!!

Send_the_House
08-23-2008, 10:42 PM
Fail: to fall short of success or achievement in something expected, attempted, desired, or approved...

bobcat1
08-24-2008, 06:22 AM
I am taking Whitesboro in this one. They have been on the improve since the new coach got there a few ears back. I think this is the year they get into the playoffs.

CelinaCatFan
08-24-2008, 08:25 AM
You may be right about Whitesboro making the playoffs this year. However, they will have to make it over Celina, Argyle, or Prosper. It will be a difficult task. As you mentioned, Whitesboro has been improving recently. I will be pulling for them (except when they play the Bobcats).

mr.leopard man
08-24-2008, 06:17 PM
I think it may be a close game....

BILLYFRED0000
08-24-2008, 06:22 PM
I like both squads. Blake has done a decent job with his squad at PP and I look for them to have a little confidence this year in 2a. I think Whitesboro might be on the improve from last year. If so it could be an even match and this year I think they are playing In Whitesboro.

Phantom Stang
08-24-2008, 07:58 PM
Don't know much about either team, but I'm going with Whitesboro.

mr.leopard man
08-24-2008, 08:44 PM
Game is in Pilot Point

cats 2008
08-24-2008, 09:07 PM
pp=overrated

CHS_89
08-24-2008, 10:14 PM
Whitesboro has been up and coming. Pilot Point loses by 10. My

PPSTATEBOUND
08-25-2008, 09:48 AM
Gotta like the Tradition......
The O-line at 275 Avg. and a defense, that brings 11 4.8's or better. Pilot Point should be just fine... 17+...this could get ugly fast....JMO
:devil:

PPSTATEBOUND
08-25-2008, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by mr.leopard man
Whitesboro has not beat Pilot Point in 32 years..Is this the year? Pilot point is #2 in class 2a in state. 3a Whitesboro was 7-3 last year and has never made the playoffs ever. SOOO who wins?

Is it never or ever....:clap:

mr.leopard man
08-26-2008, 05:46 PM
17+ huh..we will see come friday night..IM GLAD FOOTBALL SEASON IS BACK.. I figure it will be a close game again

ssgmp5150
08-26-2008, 08:20 PM
Whitesboro is righting their ship and on the rise. I look for Pilot Point to drop a nail biter! Winnsboro wins 17-14 with both team's defenses playing ferociously!

PPSTATEBOUND
08-27-2008, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by ssgmp5150
Whitesboro is righting their ship and on the rise. I look for Pilot Point to drop a nail biter! Winnsboro wins 17-14 with both team's defenses playing ferociously!

UUUUm you sure are worried about Winnsboro......From the looks of it....Pp is palying WHITESBORO.....and will win.:D No way Whitesboro holds this Pp team to 14 points as you and Sodbuster stated....:cool:

WildTexan972
08-27-2008, 12:50 PM
PP is one of those famous overrated teams since they dropped in class....PP was not much last year as a 3A team, so not likely they are much better even at a lower level....they should get back to the playoffs in that weak district they now live in, but not likely they are actually the 2nd best 2A team in the State....

PPSTATEBOUND
08-27-2008, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by WildTexan972
PP is one of those famous overrated teams since they dropped in class....PP was not much last year as a 3A team, so not likely they are much better even at a lower level....they should get back to the playoffs in that weak district they now live in, but not likely they are actually the 2nd best 2A team in the State....

But it is more than likely you fathered every Celina Poster on this board.....and know nothing of the 2008 Pp team you spew of.....How are the dating sites these days Tex........anyone looking for a 5'5" stupid A$$ Texan, or are you still lonesome.....

Anyhow nice seeing youre up to your old ways......gotta love the effort you put into being so ignorant sounding time and time again......:inlove:

BleedOrange
08-27-2008, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by PPSTATEBOUND
But it is more than likely you fathered every Celina Poster on this board.....and know nothing of the 2008 Pp team you spew of.....How are the dating sites these days Tex........anyone looking for a 5'5" stupid A$$ Texan, or are you still lonesome.....

Anyhow nice seeing youre up to your old ways......gotta love the effort you put into being so ignorant sounding time and time again......:inlove:

Ignore him he is swimming in the shallow end of the gene pool. I will go with PP in this one. Should be a close one. Please don't group the other Celina posters with this fellow. Good luck to PP this year!!

WildTexan972
08-27-2008, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by BleedOrange
Ignore him he is swimming in the shallow end of the gene pool. I will go with PP in this one. Should be a close one. Please don't group the other Celina posters with this fellow. Good luck to PP this year!!

yes please don't group me with most of these idiots that think since they TIED in 1974 it makes them football experts....I watch the games and decide....I don't go eat breakfast at 6am each week and have a coach tell me how to think, but then most of these bobcats fans still live back in 'the day' when going to Plano was a weekend trip....FACT - PP has been weak since the burk guy arrived and FACT - having watched them play a few games the last 3 years with him at the helm they are mediocre at best....all the other butt licking from the Celina-ites is just kissin up to PP folks to appear.....here comes that supposed Celina word....HUMBLE....sit on the Celina side sometime and see how humble they really are....they EXPECT to win, and big, each week and the reason the coach's wife won't sit with any of them during a game is so she does not have to hear em whine about play selection or not running up the score enough or giving up too many yards so they are not ranked #1 defense in the state each week....

I don't have to appear friendly to PP guys to generate bidness or not make my uncle mad....so I can be honest....PP has not been very good and the ONLY hope they had this year was the drop to 2A....heck, I don't mind if they do well - it won't affect me either way.....but I won't kiss their butt to pretend to be HUMBLE just so the folks of the DL can brag about how wonderful and sweet and HUMBLE some of those Celina folks are, except for THAT guy....but it won't be ME struttin like some rooster when the cocky folks of Celina take extra time before the 1st home game (here comes the non-humble, corny part) to raise a flag for title #8 (they built 9 flag poles for the flags, and left room for 8-10 more....just how HUMBLE does that appear?)

now.....how is that for a direct and pointed response?

game 1 - Celina by 28

BleedOrange
08-27-2008, 11:09 PM
yes please don't group me with most of these idiots that think since they TIED in 1974 it makes them football experts....I watch the games and decide....I don't go eat breakfast at 6am each week and have a coach tell me how to think, but then most of these bobcats fans still live back in 'the day' when going to Plano was a weekend trip....FACT - PP has been weak since the burk guy arrived and FACT - having watched them play a few games the last 3 years with him at the helm they are mediocre at best....all the other butt licking from the Celina-ites is just kissin up to PP folks to appear.....here comes that supposed Celina word....HUMBLE....sit on the Celina side sometime and see how humble they really are....they EXPECT to win, and big, each week and the reason the coach's wife won't sit with any of them during a game is so she does not have to hear em whine about play selection or not running up the score enough or giving up too many yards so they are not ranked #1 defense in the state each week....

I don't have to appear friendly to PP guys to generate bidness or not make my uncle mad....so I can be honest....PP has not been very good and the ONLY hope they had this year was the drop to 2A....heck, I don't mind if they do well - it won't affect me either way.....but I won't kiss their butt to pretend to be HUMBLE just so the folks of the DL can brag about how wonderful and sweet and HUMBLE some of those Celina folks are, except for THAT guy....but it won't be ME struttin like some rooster when the cocky folks of Celina take extra time before the 1st home game (here comes the non-humble, corny part) to raise a flag for title #8 (they built 9 flag poles for the flags, and left room for 8-10 more....just how HUMBLE does that appear?)

now.....how is that for a direct and pointed response?

I will say its a lame response. My guess is you are a classic arm chair QB who probably never played a down in his life. How is that for a pointed response??

game 1 - Celina by 28

BleedOrange
08-27-2008, 11:20 PM
I will say its a lame response. My guess is you are a classic arm chair QB who probably never played a down in his life. How is that for a pointed response??

sic'em
08-27-2008, 11:24 PM
getting back on track...

i really hope PP wins to get things back on track there. a few wins and some confidence might send them deep in the playoffs. a loss to whitesboro could send them into a tailspin after the preseason hype. whitesboro is going to have a good team this year, but the shame is they prob still miss the playoffs in that killer district. i am thinking a 28-21 game, but I think the winner is a complete tossup. I will go PP only b/c it is in PP. this is going to be a great game to watch. after following Farmersville last year, I think PP is a top ten team, but not #2.

Farmersfan
08-28-2008, 08:42 AM
Hopefully you are correct PP. I predicted the offensive power of Pilot Point based on last years team. You said no move-ins so that means the team will consist of players who were on the mediocre team from last year or moved up from JV. Since last years team averaged just 22 points a game against opponents that couldn't stay on the field with Whitesboro (except the top 3) this year it just seemed that a low scoring game was the smart prediction. But I know you don't see it that way. Heck! You even predicted Pilot Point would have 2 of the best RB's in 2A when neither one rushed for over 1000 yards last year. They "MIGHT" turn out to be that good but history doesn't support your opinion.
I really hope you guys are as good as advertised because my typing finger is getting a blister from having to correct you all the time...... Good luck with Whitesboro.

UUUUm you sure are worried about Winnsboro......From the looks of it....Pp is palying WHITESBORO.....and will win.:D No way Whitesboro holds this Pp team to 14 points as you and Sodbuster stated....:cool:

PPSTATEBOUND
08-28-2008, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
Hopefully you are correct PP. I predicted the offensive power of Pilot Point based on last years team. You said no move-ins so that means the team will consist of players who were on the mediocre team from last year or moved up from JV. Since last years team averaged just 22 points a game against opponents that couldn't stay on the field with Whitesboro (except the top 3) this year it just seemed that a low scoring game was the smart prediction. But I know you don't see it that way. Heck! You even predicted Pilot Point would have 2 of the best RB's in 2A when neither one rushed for over 1000 yards last year. They "MIGHT" turn out to be that good but history doesn't support your opinion.
I really hope you guys are as good as advertised because my typing finger is getting a blister from having to correct you all the time...... Good luck with Whitesboro.

Jealousy at its best..................You never let me down farmer....

You think you run game dude, I doubt you could run a Freakin Dairy Queen........And P.A.L. You have not corrected anyone, all you do is spit your thoughts out on a team thats ranked in the top 10 2A in numerous polls....I said they would be good, and so do the so Called "experts" That would not be "YOU".....I was right on with my prediction on the ranking...........You in no way corrected me, but instead looked like a fool when doubting my Prediction on the teams ranking........ Once the Polls came out...........Pp will slap you in the face this season as far as your meaningless predictions go just like it did time and time again in the 2A playoffs......14 points..... all you give Pp against Whitesboro.........Boy...get a clue........but like I said your opinions dont mean much to me after you stated you really thought your 3A bunch( 85 showup in 2A days) could and would hang, and might beat Celina in round 3.....and then backed the stupidity up by bouncing a 30 win for your Busters off the nearest backboard, over Winnsboro, but then so quick to throw out how many players are hurt, if they played, not coming together, what could have been , dang I miss him "The coach Already"......youre ready for your team to fail and are backed up in you crawfish hole already...........You called the 2007 pp team mediocre "again" Sodbuster........."but wont admit it" but then think Pottsboro is a GOOD 2a team.........Your nonsense can be picked out of hurricane my little friend..........My predictions on this team are predictions, only time will tell if I'm correct......You have Corrected no one....:clap: my jealous farm boy

coachkiss
08-28-2008, 09:53 AM
I'm a Celina fan. I eat breakfast on Thursday mornings at the QB Club. I support the kids.

However, I can be critical of thing that I think are wrong. The coaches aren't always right, but they are a lot of the time. Just because you go to QB Club on Thursday morning, doesn't make you a lemming. It means that you support the kids on the team. Are there people in the QB Club who blindly follow everything that is done in Celina ISD? Sure, but that doesn't mean that everyone in QB Club acts that way.

Now, to Pilot Point....the upper echelon of 2A is not much different than the best of 3A. I would venture to say that the top 10% of 2A would be in the top 25% of 3A and vice versa. Pilot Point was not in the top 25% of 3A last year. In fact, it would be appropriate to say that they were in the top 40-50%. I just can't see them making the jump to the top 1% of 3A based on the athletes they had last year.

Unfortunately, a lot of returning starters aren't always a good thing. Returning starters from a mediocre team generally turn out to be mediocre. Can PP win district? Sure. Will they win state or even make it to the semifinals? Probably not.

I have seen the gradual decline of PP football since the lake was built. You don't turn that around quickly. Pilot Point is a dying town, and the football team is following its lead.

That doesn't mean I'm not humble, and it doesn't mean that there aren't good people in Pilot Point. It's just my opinion of how Pilot Point will do.

Now, do they beat Whitesboro? I'll say no.

PPSTATEBOUND
08-28-2008, 09:58 AM
2A top 10 3A top ten...20 point difference....is 3 touchdowns alot different..I say yes...you say...no...Just need adresses.......... so I'll know where to send all the crow.....this game wont be close....:D:thinking: : 17+ and it could be over early........sounds like you dont know much about what Pp has on its stove in 2008...Thats okay there are alot of people like you around...

BobcatBenny
08-30-2008, 01:11 PM
Looks like the 3ADL got this one correct.

It is tough for a team that hasn't beaten another team in an amazing amount of time, to break that tradition of losing.

I think that is why Pilot Point moved on and cancelled the Celina series. :D

Pick6
08-30-2008, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by BobcatBenny
Looks like the 3ADL got this one correct.

It is tough for a team that hasn't beaten another team in an amazing amount of time, to break that tradition of losing.

I think that is why Pilot Point moved on and cancelled the Celina series. :D

No, PP moved on because Celina wouldn't play PP 17 years ago.

PPSTATEBOUND
09-02-2008, 07:54 AM
Pilot Point 48
Whitsboro 32

The Labhart kid from Whitesboro can play..acccounted for all 5 tds.

Pilot Point's

RB Jarman Johnson 10-198 rushing
QB Seth Tilley 11-125 rushing

PP 32-372 Rushing

Thoughts on Lake Worth guys.....:eek:

PPSTATEBOUND
09-02-2008, 08:57 AM
TeX I have something you can choke on AGAIN.......Anyhow Your thoughts on Pp VS. Lake Worth, my 5'5" brainless Cowboy????:inlove:

CHS_89
09-02-2008, 12:09 PM
Pilot Point 48
Whitsboro 32

The Labhart kid from Whitesboro can play..acccounted for all 5 tds.

Pilot Point's

RB Jarman Johnson 10-198 rushing
QB Seth Tilley 11-125 rushing

PP 32-372 Rushing

Thoughts on Lake Worth guys.....:eek:

Not that you need it with 372 yards on the ground, but does PP have any kind of passing game this year? BTW, PP rolls over LW in my op. Who else you guys playing this year?

PPSTATEBOUND
09-02-2008, 12:16 PM
Yes....I would say of the Liberty Hill type....Wont use it unless needed, but Tilley can throw the rock and with great accuracy...Talk is he is the best all round Pp Qb in the last 20 years....just a Jr.

lake Worth
Ferris
Sanger
Childress
Pottsboro
Valley View
S$S
Aubrey
Callusburg

Not in this order....

Numbers #5, #7, #22, #37 will put up huge numbers on the ground this season...

Key stat of game......Pp....11 drives...40 plays.... Avg. 4 plays per scoring drive.....PP's D was on the field all night...and the Whitesboro QB can handle more then his own.....as the next 9 opponents will attest to...

CHS_89
09-02-2008, 12:25 PM
Childress...talk about a road trip. Where are you playing them at? They were pretty salty a few years back as well as valley view. I hear Aubrey might be OK this year. I might have to come check you guys out later in the season.

PPSTATEBOUND
09-02-2008, 01:59 PM
Childress at Iowa park...game 5..should be a godf one..... Pp By 13 as of now...
Aubrey at Aubrey.....Pp will Demolish this version of a N. texas 10-1

DaHop72
09-02-2008, 02:04 PM

Aubrey at Aubrey.....Pp will Demolish this version of a N. texas 10-1 :vrycnfsd: :vrycnfsd:

mr.leopard man
09-02-2008, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by CHS_89
Not that you need it with 372 yards on the ground, but does PP have any kind of passing game this year? BTW, PP rolls over LW in my op. Who else you guys playing this year?

I know what your probabley thinking after I comment on this.. but no PP has no passing game..Whitesboro couldnt stop there run sweeps..but stopped there pass..I think PP was 0-6 on the pass..When someone stops there run they are done..Whitesboro couldnt tho I give PP credit..and your thinking why pass when you can run over 300 yards..your right...but someone this year in season or playoffs will stop there run and then....PP is done.

PPSTATEBOUND
09-03-2008, 09:36 AM
I know what your probabley thinking after I comment on this.. but no PP has no passing game..Whitesboro couldnt stop there run sweeps..but stopped there pass..I think PP was 0-6 on the pass..When someone stops there run they are done..Whitesboro couldnt tho I give PP credit..and your thinking why pass when you can run over 300 yards..your right...but someone this year in season or playoffs will stop there run and then....PP is done.

1-4 passing.....on the night........and yes folks we can throw.....When needed...... but obviousley did not need to in this one...:thinking: Who do you think is gonna stop our run....in the playoffs leopard man?

Pick6
09-03-2008, 09:42 AM
Just curious but has Pilot Point finished higher than 3rd place in their district in the last 5 or 6 years?

PPSTATEBOUND
09-03-2008, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by Pick6
Just curious but has Pilot Point finished higher than 3rd place in their district in the last 5 or 6 years?

twice.....:clap:

CHS_89
09-03-2008, 10:08 AM
1-4 passing.....on the night........and yes folks we can throw.....When needed...... but obviousley did not need to in this one...:thinking: Who do you think is gonna stop our run....in the playoffs leopard man?

Don't know much about 2A or I might be able to come up with a reasonable answer. Will PP go big school or small school should they make the playoffs? At this point in the season, I don't think there is enough info on other teams to say who might stop the run. It's gonna be fun to watch, no doubt about it.

Pick6
09-03-2008, 10:10 AM
twice.....:clap:

Well congratulations then, 2 times in the 2000's Pilot Point has been the 2nd best team in their district. Never been close to being the best team. That's really impressivle there :rolleyes:

PPSTATEBOUND
09-03-2008, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by Pick6
Well congratulations then, 2 times in the 2000's Pilot Point has been the 2nd best team in their district. Never been close to being the best team. That's really impressivle there :rolleyes:

Oh sorry.....you said 5-6 years that would go back to 2002 -2001...if you would have said 5-8 years it would include 2000 as you put it.....and that would make 3 times...

I must ask..... can you add??????.....:kiss:

PPSTATEBOUND
09-03-2008, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by CHS_89
Don't know much about 2A or I might be able to come up with a reasonable answer. Will PP go big school or small school should they make the playoffs? At this point in the season, I don't think there is enough info on other teams to say who might stop the run. It's gonna be fun to watch, no doubt about it.

Big school...

with likely playoff matchups....

Boyd
Gunter
Winnsboro....

WildTexan972
09-03-2008, 12:20 PM
TeX I have something you can choke on AGAIN.......Anyhow Your thoughts on Pp VS. Lake Worth, my 5'5" brainless Cowboy????:inlove:

my thought is - WHO CARES - 2 mediocre teams playing does not draw much interest when some great matchups are going to take place....

if 2A #2 PP was so big and bad they would not run from the annual Celina game....but they did, so why would anyone that backs a good team even care what the mediocrity of the halloween colors does to the west?

PPSTATEBOUND
09-03-2008, 12:30 PM
my thought is - WHO CARES - 2 mediocre teams playing does not draw much interest when some great matchups are going to take place....

if 2A #2 PP was so big and bad they would not run from the annual Celina game....but they did, so why would anyone that backs a good team even care what the mediocrity of the halloween colors does to the west?

I dont know why Tex..........But, Tex all you had to say was I dont care.... or better yet just dont answer...you act like you have a schoolboy crush on me again, just like old times......:inlove:

edited for content ~ p4s

mr.leopard man
09-08-2008, 10:53 AM

.. Aubrey may...and I know for sure Cisco If yall make it that far..there are other too Mcgregor..too many to name..I keep up with mainly the big boys in 3a not 2a ..so not for sure except for the ones I mentioned

Gsquared
09-08-2008, 11:04 AM
.. Aubrey may...and I know for sure Cisco If yall make it that far..there are other too Mcgregor..too many to name..I keep up with mainly the big boys in 3a not 2a ..so not for sure except for the ones I mentioned
Cisco is loaded!

PPSTATEBOUND
09-08-2008, 11:13 AM

Cisco's small school.......Pp will go big....Aubrey has no chance.....

Pp 64 rushes 872 yards rushing 16 td's...107 points on the season..

charlesrixey
09-08-2008, 11:41 AM
Cisco's small school.......Pp will go big....Aubrey has no chance.....

Pp 64 rushes 872 yards rushing 16 td's...107 points on the season..

pp is top 10 right now in 2a, but not #2

They have been fairly impressive the last two weeks, but LW is down hard and Whitesboro is still a work in progress

however, if there was a ever a good time for PP to return to prominence, it is this season.