PDA

View Full Version : Sweetwater vs Burkburnett

ronwx5x
08-23-2008, 07:01 PM
Thursday evening in Wichita Falls? Wonder why this game isn't being played on Friday night as a home and home. Burk is only about 20 miles from WF, so Sweetwater is not saving any distance. Looks like it is about 200 miles from S'water to Burk. Any insight as to why?

STANG RED
08-23-2008, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by ronwx5x
Thursday evening in Wichita Falls? Wonder why this game isn't being played on Friday night as a home and home. Burk is only about 20 miles from WF, so Sweetwater is not saving any distance. Looks like it is about 200 miles from S'water to Burk. Any insight as to why?

I think its just one of several games being played there that weekend. One of those classic deals like Sweetwater's Sammy Baugh Classic that has a Thursday, Friday, and two Saturday games. Or Brownwood's Gordon Wood Classic, which I believe has the same format.

Sweetwater Red
08-23-2008, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by ronwx5x

My guess is it's WF newspaper's version of a "Classic". We
probably agreed to this because Burkburnett agreed to playing us in the Sammy Baugh Classic
next year.

Sweetwater Red
08-23-2008, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
I think its just one of several games being played there that weekend. One of those classic deals like Sweetwater's Sammy Baugh Classic that has a Thursday, Friday, and two Saturday games. Or Brownwood's Gordon Wood Classic, which I believe has the same format.

Nope. The WF newspaper sponsers one game. Here's the link.

http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=84719