predictions??
anything on burkburnett? i know nothing about them

my vote: Sweetwater by 7

garciap77
08-23-2008, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by Stangs325
predictions??
anything on burkburnett? i know nothing about them

I'm going to take Sweetwater on this one, based on how they played Clyde last year! I feel they really bought the wood to Clyde! They ended up short on the game, but they show a lot of potential! Young team too.

Cameron Crazy
08-23-2008, 05:21 PM
Well, I know Burk usually has some talent no matter what. But, I think the Mustangs might have a advantage over this one.

I do not know much about Burk this year, nor have I heard much on them, but, we can all agree that they will have some speed.

I am going with the Mustangs as well.

STANG RED
08-23-2008, 06:34 PM
I dont know the first thing about Burk this year, and havent heard a thing. But I know thay are always pretty solid, and have at times put some great teams on the field.

Even us Sweetwater homers dont really know what we're going to have this season for sure. But a very young team ended up being pretty dang good by mid season last year, and will be returning 30 some odd players, and quiet a few starters on both sides of the ball, so they have a shot at being a lot better than most people think. It should certainly be a good early test for both teams.

I'll pick Sweetwater by 7, but readily admit it's a homer pick.:D

SNYDER325TIGERS
08-23-2008, 06:47 PM
My dads cousin lives there and he claims there OL is the real deal, and they have a few good backs and their QB is pretty solid, I'll take Sweetwater though from what I hear by 3, or 6.

Phantom Stang
08-24-2008, 08:09 PM
I hear Burkburnett's gonna be pretty good this year, but I think Sweetwater might be a bit underestimated by some of the "experts".

Sweetwater by 11.

Matthew328
08-24-2008, 08:13 PM
Burkburnett by 7.....ton of experience back and they are big and nasty up front....I think Sweetwater's skill kids may have a slight edge in this one but Burkburnett will simply beat the snot out of you...they are that physical.....the game is basically a home game for Burk so that's a slight edge as well..this will be close but I think Burk finds a way to contain McCann by running right at him and not letting him run side to side to make plays....

Phantom Stang
08-24-2008, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
I think Burk finds a way to contain McCann by running right at him and not letting him run side to side to make plays....

Yeah I think forcing McCann to take the Middle might be Burk's best strategy. :thinking:

:evillol:

Z motion 10 out on 2
08-24-2008, 08:45 PM
I'll take the Mustangs and agree that it should be a good game.

lion75
08-24-2008, 11:21 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awwRNaAD_ck
This is Burk's best d- lineman, Lorenzo Barnes. He was Newcomer of the Year last year in our district and is almost unblockable. If Sweetwater can game plan around this guy they will do fine.

Sweetwater Red
08-25-2008, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by Matthew328
Burkburnett by 7.....ton of experience back and they are big and nasty up front....I think Sweetwater's skill kids may have a slight edge in this one but Burkburnett will simply beat the snot out of you...they are that physical.....the game is basically a home game for Burk so that's a slight edge as well..this will be close but I think Burk finds a way to contain McCann by running right at him and not letting him run side to side to make plays....

Make up your mind.:thinking:

http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=84419&perpage=40&pagenumber=2

:doh: :devil: :doh:

Phantom Stang
08-25-2008, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by Phantom Stang
Yeah I think forcing McCann to take the Middle might be Burk's best strategy. :thinking:

:evillol:
I try to make informed posts, but after clicking the video link that lion75 posted all I can think of to say is...
oops!:D

Z motion 10 out on 2
08-25-2008, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by Phantom Stang
I try to make informed posts, but after clicking the video link that lion75 posted all I can think of to say is...
oops!:D

No doubt! -- Run to the edges...