PDA

View Full Version : West Columbia Vs 4A Brazosport

Necks_Fan
08-23-2008, 11:36 AM
Who do you guys think will win?

I'll be honest and say that in the first REAL game, I'm not sure because I don't know what Brazosport is fielding.

I know our D has looked pretty good so far, so I'm going to be a homer and take us in a low scoring game.

I say:

West Columbia 14
Brazosport 10

scrub c
08-23-2008, 10:14 PM
Bport is young, but is loaded with speed. Have heard they have gone back to a 2 back set running old school Bport offense. I heard they gave 5A Bwood all they wanted and maybe a little more in their scrimmage.

Will be the beginning of a string of 4A testers.
Brazosport
St PiusX
Manvel
Houston Kashmere
El Campo

Make it out of that schedule healthy and the Necks will be battle tested and ready for 26AAA play.

(Go ahead and cap on Kashmere, but I have been told they are speedy and return like 20 starters... for what that is worth)

LHPfactory
08-23-2008, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by scrub c
Bport is young, but is loaded with speed. Have heard they have gone back to a 2 back set running old school Bport offense. I heard they gave 5A Bwood all they wanted and maybe a little more in their scrimmage.

Will be the beginning of a string of 4A testers.
Brazosport
St PiusX
Manvel
Houston Kashmere
El Campo

Make it out of that schedule healthy and the Necks will be battle tested and ready for 26AAA play.

(Go ahead and cap on Kashmere, but I have been told they are speedy and return like 20 starters... for what that is worth)

Back to the old I, man my 20 year class reunion is next october....we are supposed to go to a game at Hopper Field as one of the events.....should be fun.

scrub c
08-24-2008, 07:59 AM
Have you seen Hopper Field lately?
It is really nice. Pressbox is HUGE...
Moved the scoreboard to the other end, built new fieldhouse, field-turf, the works all around.

And Bport High aint no slouch either... You need to check out the (I think it is called the...) Flash Walker Gymnasium. WOW.

And If you are from the area, Bwood has the turf on slade field as well. Still used as an auxiliary field/soccer/track.

Necks_Fan
08-24-2008, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by scrub c
Have you seen Hopper Field lately?
It is really nice. Pressbox is HUGE...
Moved the scoreboard to the other end, built new fieldhouse, field-turf, the works all around.

And Bport High aint no slouch either... You need to check out the (I think it is called the...) Flash Walker Gymnasium. WOW.

And If you are from the area, Bwood has the turf on slade field as well. Still used as an auxiliary field/soccer/track. Yea, it's a practice/ JV and fresh teams field....

And yea.... Hopper is REALLY nice...