PDA

View Full Version : Columbus at Yoakum

fourbeee
08-23-2008, 09:09 AM
Having seen Yoakum and Columbus play in at least one scrimmage each, I think the game will be better than last year. At least it has the potential to be. Columbus is big and will hit you hard and if you don't stay after them they will run away from you. Last year Columbus beat up on Yoakum badly. The Yoakum squad has had a couple of really good skill players move in and all those sophmores have had a year to mature. They looked good in their first scrimmage against wharton and dominated them in both sides of the game. The problem with Yoakum, will be if the kids can get over the losing mentality. If they get behind Columbus, will they be able to come back and stay in the game? Otherwise it could be a blowout like last year. This game could define Yoakum's season one way or the other or not. Who knows with teenagers. I do know you have to learn how to win and Yoakum has lost that in the last couple of years. Yoakum has a good running back that is strong and fast, a QB that has speed and can throw the ball a mile, a move in receiver that can run and catch anything, the offensive line has had a good off season strength program and new scheme. The defense will be much improved from last year and should be better in the fourth quarter. There were at least four games this team lost at the end . Others they were blown out early and late. This could be the best team they will see until they play Cuero or maybe La Grange. I hope it will be a good game for both teams and something to build on for district play.

Antec
08-23-2008, 09:14 AM
Heard two Yoakum move in's were from Hallettsville

Old Green
08-23-2008, 09:23 AM
I think yoakum will be in the playoff hunt and will probably get one. The 10 sophomores from last year will have grown and have a years worth of experience.Yoakum IMO will be a tougher.

fourbeee
08-23-2008, 10:18 AM
I think one of the move ins may have been from Halletsville.

bd62
08-25-2008, 12:27 PM
with the one back spread offense yoakum is runing you need a very strong offensive line and i am not sure they have that yet. i really think they need to consider having a fullback untill they have the personel to run that offense. this will help with the blocking and keep the q.b. from running for his life. they have plenty of size and speed but are not at the point of running a one back spread offense. just my opinion from seeing 2 scrimmages and watching that young q.b. run for his life last year.

fourbeee
08-25-2008, 12:52 PM
I would agree with you bd62. They will need help in blocking that big defensive front for columbus. I believe they are going to use the H and Y backs to help with the blocking scheme.

Pudlugger
08-25-2008, 02:35 PM
This should be a very good game with two evenly matched teams. I will go with Yoakum by a td but it could go either way.

29-3aFAN
08-28-2008, 04:04 AM
From what I seen and heard about YT last year I think they will improve as the year goes on. Very young team that was very good, then got moved up to varsity. Hopefully they will not lose faith being thrown in last year and getting hammered. If they don't lose faith, I see them battling for a playoff spot this year and definately the next 2 years.