PDA

View Full Version : 1,000-pound Edinburg woman charged with killing 2-year-old nephew

kaorder1999
08-22-2008, 11:17 PM
1,000-pound woman charged with killing 2-year-old nephew

07:50 PM CDT on Friday, August 22, 2008

Associated Press

EDINBURG, Texas -- A grand jury indicted a nearly half-ton, bedridden woman Thursday in the death of her 2-year-old nephew.

Mayra Lizbeth Rosales, 27, was indicted on one count of first-degree murder and on one count of injury to a child in the death of Eliseo Gonzalez Jr. Rosales previously had been charged with capital murder.

The grand jury indicted her after a full autopsy confirmed investigators’ suspicions that the child died March 18 because he had been struck. Investigators believe the toddler was struck at least twice, crushing his head.

Authorities recommended Rosales’ bond be set at $150,000.

The boy’s mother Jaime Rosales, was charged earlier with injury to a child because she allegedly left her son alone with his aunt.

Her bond has been set at $100,000.

Prosecutors have to work out how Mayra Rosales will be detained and prosecuted because she weighs nearly 1,000 pounds. She is unable to fit through a door to leave her home. As of Thursday evening, she was not in custody.

Both Hidalgo County District Attorney Rene Guerra and Hidalgo County Sheriff Lupe Trevino promised that Rosales would somehow face the charges but they had little details about how that would happen. Trevino said holding her at the Hidalgo County Jail for her trial would be impossible because she needs extensive medical care.

“She would die,” said Trevino in Thursday’s online edition of The Monitor in McAllen.

Nevertheless, she will soon face arrest, he said.

Matthew328
08-22-2008, 11:22 PM
If she did hit a 2 year old and kill him and she dies because she's too obese to stand trial wouldn't bother me much....

Matthew328
08-22-2008, 11:26 PM
Funny comment in the McAllen Monitor

"They should sentence her if found guilty to running twenty laps around a football field. She would die from it and all would be happy."

coach
08-23-2008, 12:58 AM
this is in the wrong forum

espn1
08-23-2008, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by coach
this is in the wrong forum
Thank God you noticed! It could have ruined everyone's day. I just can't get over it. Way to step up.

shankbear
08-23-2008, 09:51 AM
I thought she rolled over on him. My mistake. Check the facts. Do the homework..........

IHStangFan
08-23-2008, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by Matthew328
If she did hit a 2 year old and kill him and she dies because she's too obese to stand trial wouldn't bother me much.... That makes two of us.

Ranger Mom
08-23-2008, 10:33 AM
I'm surprised someone with that much girth could raise her arm up enough to do any damage!!