PDA

View Full Version : Brownwood vs. San Angelo Central

BEAST
08-22-2008, 08:14 PM
I know since I am from Brownwood and a supporter of the team I am not supposed to believe we are worth a damn but just incase anyone was interested.

Aftrer 40 minutes of football. Brownwood led the scrimage 5 - 1. Should have been 6 but a soph that just got moved up fumbled. I am a homer and you can call me one but I have not seen Brownwoods offense look this good since 02' when we went to the 4A Div.1 Semis.

As for the defense, I must admit after the loss of Vaccaro I was wondering how we would be. Well, we gave up a grand total of 1 first down. That was their score it was on a long bomb in which the safety fell. I think we are more than over that deal.

Just incase anybody was wondering I am not bragging and am certainly not saying we are worth a damn. After all Central is a 5A team that has been to the playoffs for the last few years.

Thanks for listening,

BEAST

garciap77
08-22-2008, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by BEAST
I know since I am from Brownwood and a supporter of the team I am not supposed to believe we are worth a damn but just incase anyone was interested.

Aftrer 40 minutes of football. Brownwood led the scrimage 5 - 1. Should have been 6 but a soph that just got moved up fumbled. I am a homer and you can call me one but I have not seen Brownwoods offense look this good since 02' when we went to the 4A Div.1 Semis.

As for the defense, I must admit after the loss of Vaccaro I was wondering how we would be. Well, we gave up a grand total of 1 first down. That was their score it was on a long bomb in which the safety fell. I think we are more than over that deal.

Just incase anybody was wondering I am not bragging and am certainly not saying we are worth a damn. After all Central is a 5A team that has been to the playoffs for the last few years.

Thanks for listening,

BEAST

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Glad you posted this, because Rocket would have :stirpot:!

Good job Brownwood!

BEAST
08-22-2008, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Glad you posted this, because Rocket would have :stirpot:!

Good job Brownwood!

Who starts the crap?

BEAST

Phantom Stang
08-22-2008, 09:06 PM
Congrats Lions on a good scrimmage!:clap:

BTW Central beat Big Spring 11-7 last year.;)

BEAST
08-22-2008, 09:08 PM
Not bragging because I know all of 3A will kill us, but after live action, THE WOOD 17 - sa central 0. All totaled Brownwood 8 tds and a field goal and central 1 td.

BEAST

garciap77
08-22-2008, 09:08 PM
Who starts the crap?

BEAST

Beast! I said great job for your team! And the way you put it was great! You did not trask talk, just stated the facts! Again Great Job Brownwood!

ASUFrisbeeStud
08-22-2008, 09:09 PM
Regardless of being a homer for a 3a to dominate a scrimmage with a 5a is some dang good football.

solocam
08-22-2008, 09:10 PM
Congrats Lions

WTF-82
08-22-2008, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by Phantom Stang

Just to let you know Big Spring plays central this close every year even back in the day when Central was worth a darn.

Ranger Mom
08-22-2008, 09:54 PM
Who starts the crap?

BEAST

Did you answer your own question??:p

garciap77
08-22-2008, 10:05 PM
Who starts the crap?

BEAST

Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Did you answer your own question??:p

Meanie!:D ;)

Ranger Mom
08-22-2008, 10:46 PM
Meanie!:D ;)

Ya think??

IT just looked like he answered "BEAST" after he asked it....I thought it was funny!!:(

Looking4number8
08-22-2008, 10:51 PM

Just incase anybody was wondering I am not bragging and am certainly not saying we are worth a damn.

BEAST

I'll admit it. I was very happy with the scrimmage. I think we will be good. I am not calling any teams out or saying we will beat any top team, but we will not be a sloch.

Lions looked good for an early year scrimmage

WTF-82
08-22-2008, 10:56 PM
Brownwood is a elite Football Program smack talk as much as you want brag who cares. Man thats your school Football team bring it. You know what yall have a very good Football team for the last 5 years have competed with or beaten 5-A's and some good 4-A's like last year state finalist Cove. I have seen it also from the Lions honestly I think Celina is another Program that can smak all they wont they also have proven it but I do wish that a Program like Celina would play a great non dist schedule play some 4-a test youself against these big dogs. I would love just as a fan of High school Football. Over the years I have not seen Celina do this even in the past they just wopped all over 2-a and 3-a's 50-0 and then do the same in District which is great but challenge you kids put them up in a great atmpshere against a big time program that you know will push youre kids to the limit.
I know Celina does it in the playoffs I wont deny that I would just love to see them have a couple of nondistrict games that would just shock the state and have everyones attention. Hey 'Brownwood does I have seen them do it through the years.

RunTheFollow
08-22-2008, 10:57 PM
Central is in for a long year in their new district.

WTF-82
08-22-2008, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by RunTheFollow

I agree with you

Looking4number8
08-22-2008, 11:03 PM

Did I hear right tonight, that Central is in a 10 team district? Wow... that is one game and then district starts... Rough.

Good luck Central, your fans were mixed with ours and all were very classy.. All the kids were very disipline on the field as well!

Again, good luck to Central in 08

Rocket
08-22-2008, 11:19 PM

And that 5A Central team would whoop the crap out of your 3A Team. Just the truth...

Alot of questions got answered tonight. We hung 8 TD's on a 3 year 5A Playoff team that advanced 2 rounds deep 2 years and 3 rounds deep 1 year. We didn't just do ok and barely win. We flat out manhandled them and scored at will while stopping them with ease with some big time hits and multiple turnovers. You can fire back and say that 5A Team sucks. We did what a good team should do and more. We hung 8 TD's and held them to 1TD, which came on a big play, not a sustained drive. Pretty good for a sorry 6-4 No Playoff 4A team from 2007 because we all know the previous year dictates the following year, right? LOL

So here is the warning shot to all you 3A's that think Brownwood minus KV isn't a contender, you have no earthly idea what's headed your way and what landed right in the middle of your classification. It's a big ugly with an appetite for success with the likes you have never seen before and its sitting down at the table and getting ready to eat... starting next week, dinner is served.

;)

Emerson1
08-22-2008, 11:21 PM
WOS

wimbo_pro
08-22-2008, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by Rocket
And that 5A Central team would whoop the crap out of your 3A Team. Just the truth...

Alot of questions got answered tonight. We hung 8 TD's on a 3 year 5A Playoff team that advanced 2 rounds deep 2 years and 3 rounds deep 1 year. We didn't just do ok and barely win. We flat out manhandled them and scored at will while stopping them with ease with some big time hits and multiple turnovers. You can fire back and say that 5A Team sucks. We did what a good team should do and more. We hung 8 TD's and held them to 1TD, which came on a big play, not a sustained drive. Pretty good for a sorry 6-4 No Playoff 4A team from 2007 because we all know the previous year dictates the following year, right? LOL

So here is the warning shot to all you 3A's that think Brownwood minus KV isn't a contender, you have no earthly idea what's headed your way and what landed right in the middle of your classification. It's a big ugly with an appetite for success with the likes you have never seen before and its sitting down at the table and getting ready to eat... starting next week, dinner is served.

Thats great Rocket....

But seriously....how did Brownwood do?

WTF-82
08-22-2008, 11:23 PM

Thats what I am talking about its Football season smak it baby. I agree though Brownwood will win there district with Wylie behind them and make some serious noise come playoff time.

Rocket
08-22-2008, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by ***-82
Brownwood is a elite Football Program smack talk as much as you want brag who cares. Man thats your school Football team bring it. You know what yall have a very good Football team for the last 5 years have competed with or beaten 5-A's and some good 4-A's like last year state finalist Cove. I have seen it also from the Lions honestly I think Celina is another Program that can smak all they wont they also have proven it but I do wish that a Program like Celina would play a great non dist schedule play some 4-a test youself against these big dogs. I would love just as a fan of High school Football. Over the years I have not seen Celina do this even in the past they just wopped all over 2-a and 3-a's 50-0 and then do the same in District which is great but challenge you kids put them up in a great atmpshere against a big time program that you know will push youre kids to the limit.
I know Celina does it in the playoffs I wont deny that I would just love to see them have a couple of nondistrict games that would just shock the state and have everyones attention. Hey 'Brownwood does I have seen them do it through the years.

Thanks for schooling these boneheads... they needed to hear it from somebody besides us. They probably don't believe it or understand it. Why would they want to believe it? They think since we dropped that it means our winning and ability to win disappeared based on last season...LOL

Time will tell...

Rocket
08-22-2008, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
WOS

Forney? How come nobody talks about Forney on this board? Oh yeah, they suck.

WOS has nothing to do with Brownwood. 2 different programs, 2 different coaching staffs, 2 different teams... I hope we play Forney. Wait is Forney a 2A or 3A? Not even sure..haven't heard from them since they had that stud RB back in the late 90's early 00's and then they didn't even win it all... sad.

WTF-82
08-22-2008, 11:28 PM
Thanks for schooling these boneheads... they needed to hear it from somebody besides us. They probably don't believe it or understand it. Why would they want to believe it? They think since we dropped that it means our winning and ability to win disappeared based on last season...LOL

Time will tell...

Lets look at last years Brownwood schedule in district man. Serious playoff game every week the ball had to bounce your
way to get out of it alive. I am from Monahans I respect all great programs that are worthy and yall are, the district that Brownwood is in this year is good and tuff specially Wylie some other big names but it is nothing like Brownwood saw last year.

Rocket
08-22-2008, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
Thats great Rocket....

But seriously....how did Brownwood do?

We did ok..nothing special.

DDBooger
08-22-2008, 11:34 PM
Lets look at last years Brownwood schedule in district man. Serious playoff game every week the ball had to bounce your
way to get out of it alive. I am from Monahans I respect all great programs that are worthy and yall are, the district that Brownwood is in this year is good and tuff specially Wylie some other big names but it is nothing like Brownwood saw last year. Brownwood has a killer schedule! nobody can deny that...except wimbo_pro haha ;)

WTF-82
08-22-2008, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
Brownwood has a killer schedule! nobody can deny that...except wimbo_pro haha ;)

I was talking more of District play. Not Non district play.

Rocket
08-22-2008, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
Brownwood has a killer schedule! nobody can deny that...except wimbo_pro haha ;)

Deleted by Rocket

LHexPlayer
08-22-2008, 11:49 PM

;)

Oh no...don't bust me up with your internet tough guy talk. We surrender.

DDBooger
08-22-2008, 11:49 PM
I was talking more of District play. Not Non district play. have you seen their non-district!

LHexPlayer
08-22-2008, 11:51 PM
Forney? How come nobody talks about Forney on this board? Oh yeah, they suck.

WOS has nothing to do with Brownwood. 2 different programs, 2 different coaching staffs, 2 different teams... I hope we play Forney. Wait is Forney a 2A or 3A? Not even sure..haven't heard from them since they had that stud RB back in the late 90's early 00's and then they didn't even win it all... sad.

Rocket, did you drink too much at the scrimmage tonight?

Rocket
08-22-2008, 11:52 PM
Was hitting Emerson1 with that...

Rocket
08-22-2008, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by LHexPlayer
Oh no...don't bust me up with your internet tough guy talk. We surrender.

Just mixing it up LHEX...you know me... ha ha

Rocket
08-22-2008, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by LHexPlayer
Rocket, did you drink too much at the scrimmage tonight?

Answer my pm from yesterday LHEX?

navscanmaster
08-23-2008, 12:32 AM

;)

Rocket, that was as masterful a performance of smack talking and MDIBTY talk as I have ever seen on this board! Kudos my friend. It can't be said that you are Lion-Hearted after all. Way to go, that made me let out a whoop! and bang my desk with my fist! Now thanks to you, I have to clean up my spilled drink.:p

Rocket
08-23-2008, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
Rocket, that was as masterful a performance of smack talking and MDIBTY talk as I have ever seen on this board! Kudos my friend. It can't be said that you are Lion-Hearted after all. Way to go, that made me let out a whoop! and bang my desk with my fist! Now thanks to you, I have to clean up my spilled drink.:p

Thanks! More to come, my friend...

blowfish
08-23-2008, 06:42 AM
It's a big ugly with an appetite for success with the likes you have never seen before and its sitting down at the table and getting ready to eat... starting next week, dinner is served.

After 13 straight years (a 3A record) of Wylie making the playoffs, I dont think my Dawgs are too impressed!

blowfish
08-23-2008, 06:44 AM
because we all know the previous year dictates the following year, right? LOL

Two things in this world I dont do worry about last year and plan my teams success based on a scrimmage.

espn1
08-23-2008, 08:35 AM

;)

I've thrown this out before and no body had the balls to take me up on it! I will bet you a Steak Dinner that Liberty Hill beats B"wood! "Rocket" or whom ever, are there any takers? We can name this Rivalry the Cats Cup! So we can see which Pussy wins!:D :D :D

Looking4number8
08-23-2008, 09:12 AM
Thats really not a bad bet.. Win or loose you get a steak dinner and get to talk high school football! Only draw back is looser has to buy. Shoot, I might buy someone a steak dinner just to be able to talk pure football for an hour.

Rocket
08-23-2008, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by blowfish
After 13 straight years (a 3A record) of Wylie making the playoffs, I dont think my Dawgs are too impressed!

After 13 straight years of not having moved up to 4A, I can see why..

Lion_Addict
08-23-2008, 09:15 AM
After 13 straight years of not having moved up to 4A, I can see why..

:fnypost: :clap: :clap:

Rocket
08-23-2008, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by blowfish
Two things in this world I dont do worry about last year and plan my teams success based on a scrimmage.

Yeah scrimmages don't really tell you much. I mean no indications right? Like when ya'll used to scrimmage us and we would beat the living dog crap out of you. What you don't realize is that all indicators are telling us that we are 10 times better than last season..O-Line being the main factor. Am I planning my team's success on a scrimmage? nope..I will wait until we beat your wanna be 4A team in District. Then I will plan it. How's that?

And we won't even get into your username...blowhard.

Daddy D 11
08-23-2008, 09:24 AM
LH will still beat you..

Rocket
08-23-2008, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
LH will still beat you..

LOL..good. Keep it up... that is what I like to hear! Keep thinking that.

lion75
08-23-2008, 09:35 AM
I know Celina does it in the playoffs I wont deny that I would just love to see them have a couple of nondistrict games that would just shock the state and have everyones attention. Hey 'Brownwood does I have seen them do it through the years. Can someone translate this for me?

Lion_Addict
08-23-2008, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by lion75
Can someone translate this for me?

BROWNWOOD IS GOOD! :D

lion75
08-23-2008, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by Lion_Addict
BROWNWOOD IS GOOD! :D Thanks

Lion_Addict
08-23-2008, 10:15 AM
For your reading pleasure. Know yawl just can't get enough ....... :D

Lions impose their will in scrimmage

Brownwood dominates on both sides of the ball against Class 5A San Angelo Central:

By Derrick Stuckly - Brownwood Bulletin
Published: Saturday, August 23, 2008 8:05 AM CDT

Make no mistake, the Brownwood Lions are ready for the start of the regular season.

The Lions offense scored at will, while the defense allowed just one touchdown for the second week in a row in what turned out to be a one-sided scrimmage against the Class 5A San Angelo Central Bobcats Friday night at Gordon Wood Stadium.

Brownwood, ranked No. 3 in Class 3A by Dave Campbell’s Texas Football magazine, looked very deserving of its preseason hype. The Lions outscored Central five touchdowns to one during the 80-minute controlled scrimmage, and 17-0 during two live 10-minute quarters. “I thought we were solid from beginning to end, especially with the first group,” said Lions head coach Steve Freeman. “It was just a solid night.”

The Lions first-team offense tallied four touchdowns in 30 snaps during its 20-minute stint on the field to open Friday’s action.

Following a fumble eight plays in, the Lions’ first-team regrouped and produced points every time they had the ball the rest of the evening.

Brownwood’s first touchdown came on its 18th snap as running back Rashad Deal scored on a 3-yard run.

Seven snaps later, quarterback Casey Pachall hooked up with Parker Taylor on a 9-yard fade in the right corner of the end zone.

The Lions turned around on their very next play and scored from 70 yards away as Deal sprinted around the right side for six points.

Pachall again found Taylor on a 17-yard catch and run on the next-to-last play of the set.

During the Lions’ first 30 plays, Pachall completed 10-of-16 passes for 185 yards with two touchdowns, and also ran for 24 yards on four carries.

Deal racked up 102 yards rushing on only six carries, while Tyler Harth, Levi Perez and Bubby Harrell each carried the ball for short yardage.

Shelby Miller grabbed a team-high six catches for 101 yards, with no reception being shorter than 13 yards. Harrell added a 46-yard reception, while Travis Holleman pulled in a 12-yard grab.

“Offensively, we wanted to come out pretty quick, and then turn right around and come back quick,” Freeman said. “We were able to do that.”

Brownwood’s first-team defense did give up its first touchdown, but the overall play of the unit might have been even better than a week ago.

Central’s lone score came on a play that could have resulted in a turnover. Cornerback Hayden Hewitt jumped a route in the end zone, but a potential interception slipped through his fingers and into the arms of a Central receiver.

The touchdown was set up by a 53-yard pass on a roll out, but the first-team defense did not allow another double-digit gain the rest of the 20-minute set.

Brownwood also forced two more turnovers as Harth scooped up a fumble following a punishing hit on a wide receiver screen, while Deal picked off a pass at midfield.

“Defensively, our kids were pretty physical tonight,” Freeman said “They probably learned a little lesson, though, because Central could have had a couple of potential big plays tonight.

“But we were turning them back the other way a lot more, and we maybe had room to improve when it came to the physical part of it.”

The only touchdown by either second team also belonged to the Lions as Perez, who did not suit up with the varsity at Midway last weekend, scored on a 50-yard sprint.

During the live quarters, the Lions’ first drive stalled at the Central 6, but Miller nailed a 23-yard field goal to give the Lions a 3-0 edge.

Deal capped the second scoring march with a 39-yard TD sprint, then Pachall and Taylor again connected on a 70-yard scoring toss.

Pachall completed 6-of-7 passes for 154 yards in the live quarters. Taylor caught two passes for 88 yards, Miller grabbed two catches for 15 yards, Holleman chalked up a 46-yard catch and run and Vance McShan pulled in a 6-yard reception.

Deal led all rushers with 46 yards on four carries in the live quarters.

“The best part about Rashad’s last touchdown wasn’t the long run, it was him sticking it up there and becoming a physical runner, which he can be,” Freeman said. “He’s got the tools quickness-wise and good vision. I’ve seen that way too many times coming up the basketball court.

“But we’re still pretty young back there. The rest are sophomores and Rashad is young as far as experience.”

The defensive unit pitched a shutout in the two live quarters as they allowed just three first downs and did not permit Central to advance past the Lions’ 42.

“We can run to the football, but we’re pretty young over there, too,” Freeman said. “The coaches are coaching their tails off and the kids are believing. The continuity now is as solid as it’s been for quite some time, and that’s a big time plus.

“They’re playing extremely hard. Our goal is to prepare hard and play hard for each other, and the rest will take care of itself.”

http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr181/txfella/lions.jpg
Rashad Deal (36) sprints for a 39-yard touchdown during the live portion of Friday’s scrimmage between the Brownwood Lions and San Angelo Central Bobcats at Gordon Wood Stadium. Photo by Derrick Stuckly

garciap77
08-23-2008, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Ya think??

IT just looked like he answered "BEAST" after he asked it....I thought it was funny!!:(

It was funny. I was just Kidding with you! You know your sign! I figured you would just call me sissy!:D;)

Rocket
08-23-2008, 10:22 AM
Oh dear...

Lion_Addict
08-23-2008, 10:24 AM
Oh, by the way. A previous thread was mentioning headcounts. I counted 35 one time & 36 another. Think it was one or the other. Someone can correct that if I'm off.

garciap77
08-23-2008, 10:35 AM
Yeah scrimmages don't really tell you much. I mean no indications right? Like when ya'll used to scrimmage us and we would beat the living dog crap out of you. What you don't realize is that all indicators are telling us that we are 10 times better than last season..O-Line being the main factor. Am I planning my team's success on a scrimmage? nope..I will wait until we beat your wanna be 4A team in District. Then I will plan it. How's that?

Rocket I can not believe what you say! Reason is that you said you dominated us the last two years, but I was the games and just did not see that. Yes you beat us, but dominated us I did not see. 28 vs 21 IMO is not domination. Check this video of our game last year and then tell me if you dominated us. :D

http://www.abilenewyliebulldogs.com/multimedia%202007.htm

P.S. Great scrimmage vs San Angelo good job!:clap:

garciap77
08-23-2008, 10:36 AM
Thanks! More to come, my friend...

:D :D :D

garciap77
08-23-2008, 10:38 AM
BROWNWOOD IS GOOD! :D

And Sweetwater is better!:p ;)

Rocket
08-23-2008, 10:57 AM
Rocket I can not believe what you say! Reason is that you said you dominated us the last two years, but I was the games and just did not see that. Yes you beat us, but dominated us I did not see. 28 vs 21 IMO is not domination. Check this video of our game last year and then tell me if you dominated us. :D

P.S. Great scrimmage vs San Angelo good job!:clap:

Talking about SCRIMMAGES! We used to scrimmage Wylie 4 years ago. Then we scheduled them. We beat them in Pachall's first start ever on Varsity at home and then we spanked them last season. THE SCORE does not tell the story of what happened to Wylie on the field last season. Get ready...

The team that you lost to last season, 28-21, is long gone brother.. LOL

garciap77
08-23-2008, 11:22 AM
Talking about SCRIMMAGES! We used to scrimmage Wylie 4 years ago. Then we scheduled them. We beat them in Pachall's first start ever on Varsity at home and then we spanked them last season. THE SCORE does not tell the story of what happened to Wylie on the field last season. Get ready...

The team that you lost to last season, 28-21, is long gone brother.. LOL
You mean at Shotwell! Then at home! You mean spanked us by less than a touchdown!

Brownwood 18
Wylie 14

Brownwood 28
Wylie 21

.................................................. ....................... THE SCORE does not tell the story of what happened to Wylie on the field last season........... LOL

Will this video clip tell the ture story?

Come on Rocket, say you beat us, but don't make it sound like we did not have a chance.:D

wimbo_pro
08-23-2008, 11:28 AM
Rocket I can not believe what you say! Reason is that you said you dominated us the last two years, but I was the games and just did not see that. Yes you beat us, but dominated us I did not see.

He's correct, Rocket. I watched the video, and a tied score at 21-to-21 with 5 minutes to go in the 4th quarter does NOT constitute "domination". It means it was a great game between equally matched teams. It could be said the best team won...I dunno...but dominated? I dont think so.

Lion_Addict
08-23-2008, 11:45 AM

Just realized something that I really like the looks of in this pic. It's that "Orange" trying to catch up with that "Maroon". No, it's not the same team but :thinking: . Just an observation. Any takers? :devil: :D . OK, so I'm really bored.:nerd:

garciap77
08-23-2008, 11:52 AM

Just realized something that I really like the looks of in this pic. It's that "Orange" trying to catch up with that "Maroon". No, it's not the same team but :thinking: . Just an observation. Any takers? :devil: :D . OK, so I'm really bored.:nerd:

What out Celina! "Celina will win state" don't look good!:D :p

Fess up Benny!

wimbo_pro
08-23-2008, 12:06 PM
Good lord...what team wears such ugly orange uniforms??? :D

LionKing
08-23-2008, 12:10 PM
Good lord...what team wears such ugly orange uniforms??? :D HaHa! well, those Bobcats seem to like that type of orange...... Celina.......Hmmm.

Rocket
08-23-2008, 12:30 PM
He's correct, Rocket. I watched the video, and a tied score at 21-to-21 with 5 minutes to go in the 4th quarter does NOT constitute "domination". It means it was a great game between equally matched teams. It could be said the best team won...I dunno...but dominated? I dont think so.

I'll concede the domination.

But remember, that was a 3A semifinalist and we beat them 2 years in a row. But Brownwood is just another WOS right?

LH Panther Mom
08-23-2008, 12:33 PM
Good lord...what team wears such ugly orange uniforms??? :D
Whataburger? :thinking:

Snydertigersrul
08-23-2008, 12:42 PM

What an impressive showing against a team in a scrimmage which could be the worse this season in 5A

Trashman
08-23-2008, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
:spitlol: :fnypost:

Rocket
08-23-2008, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by Snydertigersrul
What an impressive showing against a team in a scrimmage which could be the worse this season in 5A

Who cares what they do in 5A. Not like we beat them 2 TD's to 1. We did exactly what a good 3A should to a playoff 5A team??..We dominated them.LOL

Please post your scrimmage results and opponent in this thread. I am interested to see what you guys did against whoever you played. Don't matter though, the last week of the season we will be chomping at the bit and you will be fighting Wylie for 2nd.

CHS_89
08-23-2008, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by LionKing
HaHa! well, those Bobcats seem to like that type of orange...... Celina.......Hmmm.

Don't forget the Orangefield Bobcats!

garciap77
08-23-2008, 04:45 PM
Who cares what they do in 5A. Not like we beat them 2 TD's to 1. We did exactly what a good 3A should to a playoff 5A team??..We dominated them.LOL

Please post your scrimmage results and opponent in this thread. I am interested to see what you guys did against whoever you played. Don't matter though, the last week of the season we will be chomping at the bit and you will be fighting Wylie for 2nd.

You mean fighting Brownwood for 2nd! Rocket slow down! You are making mistakes!:D ;)

P.S. I thought you said, "Brownwood sucks"!:p ;)

What's up with that?:thinking: Not after beating a 5A school.;)

wimbo_pro
08-23-2008, 04:47 PM

HaHaHa...you're mean!!

Snydertigersrul
08-23-2008, 05:18 PM

Snyder destroyed Frenship, 21-7, and also lost two fumbles and threw an interception which would have been three more scores. The only state contendner from Brownwood will be EARLY.

garciap77
08-23-2008, 05:24 PM
Snyder destroyed Frenship, 21-7, and also lost two fumbles and threw an interception which would have been three more scores. The only state contendner from Brownwood will be EARLY.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

:1popcorn: :1popcorn:

Brownwood don't get Snyder start! You'll be sorry!:D

CHS_89
08-23-2008, 05:56 PM
HaHaHa...you're mean!!

No wait! She may have something there wimbo.

Phantom Stang
08-23-2008, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by espn1
We can name this Rivalry the Cats Cup! So we can see which Pussy wins!:D :D :D
:spitlol: LMAO!!:clap:

Rocket
08-23-2008, 06:21 PM

Wow... keep it up..

Rocket
08-23-2008, 06:22 PM
You mean fighting Brownwood for 2nd! Rocket slow down! You are making mistakes!:D ;)

P.S. I thought you said, "Brownwood sucks"!:p ;)

What's up with that?:thinking: Not after beating a 5A school.;)

Not mking mistakes..I meant they will be trying to beat Brownwood to win 2nd.. We will have already won the District Title, win or lose against Snyder.

Frenship must suck this season...

navscanmaster
08-23-2008, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by Trashman

Trashman, did you get laid off from the dump?

:D

garciap77
08-23-2008, 06:30 PM

Like your sign! :cool: :cool:

SNYDER325TIGERS
08-23-2008, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by Rocket Wow... keep it up..

Don't pay attention to him, he has no idea what he's talking about.I think I like you more than ole' STR!:D :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

SNYDER325TIGERS
08-23-2008, 06:53 PM
Not mking mistakes..I meant they will be trying to beat Brownwood to win 2nd.. We will have already won the District Title, win or lose against Snyder.

Frenship must suck this season...

BTW Frenship never sucks!

They have talent every year and are well coached, don't be getting on your high horse so early!:D

Rocket
08-23-2008, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by SNYDER325TIGERS

They have talent every year and are well coached, don't be getting on your high horse so early!:D

They sucked in 2002 and brother (or sister) I ride a high horse. So get ready..

Rocket
08-23-2008, 07:07 PM

Has Snyder ever won a big game or do they just whip these sucky schools in west teaxas?

Ranger Mom
08-23-2008, 07:09 PM
Has Snyder ever won a big game or do they just whip these sucky schools in west teaxas?

Hey now....don't be hatin on the West Texas teams!!

Sweetwater Red
08-23-2008, 07:18 PM

The man doesn't even know how to spell TEXAS

:doh: :doh: :doh:

Put down the Jaeger bombs dude. You're reality check is
coming alot sooner than you're willing to admit.:hand:

garciap77
08-23-2008, 07:19 PM
Don't pay attention to him, he has no idea what he's talking about.I think I like you more than ole' STR!:D :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

WOW :eek: :eek: :eek:

Lion_Addict
08-23-2008, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
The man doesn't even know how to spell TEXAS

:doh: :doh: :doh:

Ummmmmm, ahhhh nevermind :p

garciap77

Another warning! Do not get Snyder started! You don't want to do that! You will be in for a long night. :D :p :1popcorn: :1popcorn:

Snydertigersrul

How many big games have Brownwood won since Coach Wood retired?

Trashman
08-23-2008, 07:24 PM

Sweetwater Red
08-23-2008, 07:24 PM
Ummmmmm, ahhhh nevermind :p

Hey it's different when you can't even spell your home state.:doh: :D

garciap77
08-23-2008, 07:25 PM
How many big games have Brownwood won since Coach Wood retired?

You mean the Gordon Wood from Abilene Wylie?:D

Trashman
08-23-2008, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
Trashman, did you get laid off from the dump?

Nah....just wanted something different. The trash business has been very, very, good to me!:D

Rocket
08-23-2008, 07:31 PM

if that is all you got on me..that's fine.. ;)

Lion_Addict
08-23-2008, 07:35 PM

It's all good. Remember, I can't spell G_R_A_M_M_E_R . Ain't that right RM? :D

Snydertigersrul
08-23-2008, 07:35 PM
if that is all you got on me..that's fine.. ;)

I wonder if part of the Brownwood fan base will shift to Early.

Rocket
08-23-2008, 07:36 PM
I was just messing around about the west texas teams... There are some good west texas teams..real good teams..

Lion_Addict
08-23-2008, 07:37 PM
I wonder if part of the Brownwood fan base will shift to Early.

Ummmmmm........NOT!:devil:

Snydertigersrul
08-23-2008, 07:50 PM
Ummmmmm........NOT!:devil:

Maybe some will change because they want to support a winning program

Lion_Addict
08-23-2008, 07:53 PM
Maybe some will change because they want to support a winning program

:rolleyes: Just keep on flapping 'em dude. Bigger fish to fry, even though I would put you in the "LARGEMOUTH" bASS category. :devil: :D

Snydertigersrul
08-23-2008, 08:01 PM
:rolleyes: Just keep on flapping 'em dude. Bigger fish to fry, even though I would put you in the "LARGEMOUTH" bASS category. :devil: :D

We will see. What are you going to do if they don't make the playoffs, which is very possible, especially without Vaccaro

garciap77
08-23-2008, 08:14 PM

:eek: :eek: :eek:

:1popcorn: :1popcorn: :1popcorn:

Lion_Addict
08-23-2008, 08:28 PM
We will see. What are you going to do if they don't make the playoffs, which is very possible, especially without Vaccaro

What am I going to do? Don't think it really matters what I'm gonna do. Anything's possible man. One kid does not make a team. Already been through that plenty. It's all good ;)

Snydertigersrul
08-23-2008, 08:30 PM
What am I going to do? Don't think it really matters what I'm gonna do. Anything's possible man. One kid does not make a team. Already been through that plenty. It's all good ;)

We are talking about a game-changer, not an average player.

RunTheFollow
08-23-2008, 09:18 PM
Never thought I would see the day that Brownwood fans would brag about winning a scrimmage.

garciap77
08-23-2008, 09:29 PM
Never thought I would see the day that Brownwood fans would brag about winning a scrimmage. :1popcorn: :1popcorn: :1popcorn:

Rocket
08-23-2008, 10:53 PM
Never thought I would see the day that Brownwood fans would brag about winning a scrimmage.

Bragging? LOL Not bragging.. just VERY optmistic...its funny to me that people think scrimmages are worthless. I would be horrified if i was a SA Central fan.

We are more excited than anything. Excited that the team is playing as a team and no attitudes to deal with.

garciap77
08-23-2008, 10:59 PM
Bragging? LOL Not bragging.. just VERY optmistic...its funny to me that people think scrimmages are worthless. I would be horrified if i was a SA Central fan.

We are more excited than anything. Excited that the team is playing as a team and no attitudes to deal with.

Rocket is this you? http://www.repetrope.com/men/competitors/detail.asp?CompetitorID=351

Some of the posters think you are a Doctor. :)

Rocket
08-23-2008, 11:04 PM
Where did you get my photos? Is nothing private anymore?

Not a doctor.

garciap77
08-23-2008, 11:51 PM

Not a doctor.

LOL That ought to scare some of the posters now?:D

Trashman
08-24-2008, 12:25 AM

Not a doctor.

Rocket, good to see that you have slacked off on the weight lifting. You were really starting to bulk up.:D

espn1
08-24-2008, 08:55 AM
Rocket, good to see that you have slacked off on the weight lifting. You were really starting to bulk up.:D I envision Rocket being about 5'6" 135lb's. I don't know why but that's the mental pic I have in my head.

espn1
08-24-2008, 09:29 AM
Rocket is this you? http://www.repetrope.com/men/competitors/detail.asp?CompetitorID=351

Some of the posters think you are a Doctor. :)

Link to Rodney (http://www.claremont-courier.com/pages/obit060708.2.html)

Rocket
08-24-2008, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by espn1
I envision Rocket being about 5'6" 135lb's. I don't know why but that's the mental pic I have in my head.

LOL...I wish..
Not that it really matters...

garciap77
08-24-2008, 10:02 AM
LOL...I wish..
Not that it really matters...

You are starting to be famous here in the 3A!:D

Sweetwater Red
08-24-2008, 10:08 AM
You are starting to be famous here in the 3A!:D

Notorious? Yes.:thinking:

Famous?No.:devil:

There is a difference.

garciap77
08-24-2008, 10:12 AM
Notorious? Yes.:thinking:

Famous?No.:devil:

There is a difference.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :D

Phantom Stang
08-24-2008, 12:10 PM

;)
Now if that ain't a fine "how do ya do"!!:mad:

I compliment your team on their scrimmage against a team that had previously beaten 4A perennial playoff team, while politely not mentioning that Sweetwater beat that same 4A team 44-0 last year... and " That 5A Central team would whoop the crap out of your 3A Team" is what I get in return??:dispntd:

I guess that's what I get for trying to be nice and not bash Brownwood.:rolleyes:

LH Panther Mom
08-24-2008, 12:12 PM
I guess that's what I get for trying to be nice and not bash Brownwood.:rolleyes:
You should've posted on the "post here to NOT bash Brownwood" thread. :p

Phantom Stang
08-24-2008, 12:16 PM
You should've posted on the "post here to NOT bash Brownwood" thread. :p
That reminds me that I haven't looked at that thread in a while..
Have the Brownwood posters screwed that one up yet?:p

sweetwater07
08-24-2008, 12:20 PM
i assume in my leave of absence that Brownwood has come to be a part of the downlow and apparently and not in a good way??

i guess some of they're posters assume that dropping down to 3A pretty much assures a state title??

:doh: :doh:

Lion_Addict
08-24-2008, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by sweetwater07
i assume in my leave of absence that Brownwood has come to be a part of the downlow and apparently and not in a good way??

I would be the SWEET, LOVEABLE, & INNOCENT one ;)

i guess some of they're posters assume that dropping down to 3A pretty much assures a state title??

Not us. Apparently others seem to think so though. :rolleyes:

Rocket
08-24-2008, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by sweetwater07

Um no.. posters from the Downlow like to say we think that, but there isn't a post on here or on the BrownwoodLions.com site that would back that up. All we have said from the beginning is that we are now on a level playing field and we like our chances alot better in 3A than in 4A. After saying that, 3A took it that we meant they sucked compared to 4A and the battle hasn't stopped since...

It's all in fun...all entertainment. Who knows what is going ot happen this season... we will see.

Rocket
08-24-2008, 02:09 PM
Now if that ain't a fine "how do ya do"!!:mad:

I compliment your team on their scrimmage against a team that had previously beaten 4A perennial playoff team, while politely not mentioning that Sweetwater beat that same 4A team 44-0 last year... and " That 5A Central team would whoop the crap out of your 3A Team" is what I get in return??:dispntd:

I apologize if I hurt your feelings, Stang. LOL
the BTW statement seemed very sarcastic to me. Wasn't sure if you were truly congratulating us on the win or saying "wow nice scrimmage you beat a 5A that can barely beat a 4A." Previous history shows that you have been talking smack, so I unleashed... ha ha

Phantom Stang
08-24-2008, 02:30 PM
I apologize if I hurt your feelings, Stang. LOL
the BTW statement seemed very sarcastic to me. Wasn't sure if you were truly congratulating us on the win or saying "wow nice scrimmage you beat a 5A that can barely beat a 4A." Previous history shows that you have been talking smack, so I unleashed... ha ha
No.. I was being sarcastic in the post you just replied to.:p :D

Seriously, while I think you're slightly overstating the quality of yall's competition in the scrimmage, the Lions still turned in an impressive performance.

Lion_Addict
08-24-2008, 02:40 PM
I feel it! I feel the winds of change!! I feel, I feel, ummmm.....the LOVE :inlove: . Knew we would start growing on yawl. :p :D

P.S.
Have I mentioned lately..... Brownwood OWNS Wylie :devil: ;)

wimbo_pro
08-24-2008, 03:09 PM
Hey Rocket and Phantom....GET A ROOM!!!!:D

Rocket
08-24-2008, 03:38 PM
Hey Rocket and Phantom....GET A ROOM!!!!:D

:inlove:

BILLYFRED0000
08-24-2008, 06:19 PM
Not bragging because I know all of 3A will kill us, but after live action, THE WOOD 17 - sa central 0. All totaled Brownwood 8 tds and a field goal and central 1 td.

BEAST

Not bad not bad at all. I know the Central folks well. They are good usually.
This year they think they are down and reloading but coach said they may be able to work it out by 2nd or 3rd game. He said no one was stepping up yet and it is still early. But I still look for them to play well and finish with a winning record and probably a playoff spot.

Phantom Stang
08-24-2008, 07:02 PM
Hey Rocket and Phantom....GET A ROOM!!!!

:inlove:

:eek: :eek: :doh: :helpme:
:thinking:

OH, I've got it!!

:taunt:BROWNWOOD SUCKS!!!:taunt:

garciap77
08-24-2008, 07:11 PM
I feel it! I feel the winds of change!! I feel, I feel, ummmm.....the LOVE :inlove: . Knew we would start growing on yawl. :p :D

P.S.
Have I mentioned lately..... Brownwood OWNS Wylie :devil: ;)

It's on now!

Crap... nevermind guys... Brownwood sucks.

:D :D :D :D

pirate4state
08-24-2008, 07:13 PM
Um no.. posters from the Downlow like to say we think that, but there isn't a post on here or on the BrownwoodLions.com site that would back that up. All we have said from the beginning is that we are now on a level playing field and we like our chances alot better in 3A than in 4A. After saying that, 3A took it that we meant they sucked compared to 4A and the battle hasn't stopped since...

It's all in fun...all entertainment. Who knows what is going ot happen this season... we will see.

This is true. It was very entertaining and now it's just grown stale, IMO. Good thing the season begins in 4 days!!!

If & when bwood loses this season....get your :1popcorn: ready...it's gonna be a bumpy ride! :eek: :D It won't even matter that some bwood posters have expressed their opinion that they may lose a game or two early on. :doh: LOL

garciap77
08-24-2008, 07:16 PM
:eek: :eek: :doh: :helpme:

OH, I've got it!!

:taunt:BROWNWOOD SUCKS!!!:taunt:

Hey! Someone already beat you to that!

Crap... nevermind guys... Brownwood sucks.

:1popcorn:
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/kick.gif